Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

+28
msjoanlucette
happydays
emilynna
ladydianab
Sani
Keyser
FunnyLady
opals
bayth
M&M
Buenos
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Divalicious
BlueJazz
Ranwing
Delight
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
32 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Glorfindel 9/2/2012, 6:36 am

brisallie wrote:Number 2. Actually it wasn't commented here that apparently Kurt is going to find something dirty from Cassandra's past? Besides as someome else said, Rachel is the "star" so if her talent is not sufficiently appreciated, is because other people are jerks not as good or more talented than her. You know, sometimes I wish to see a female character who can be a real competition for Rachel, to make her realize how cruel is the reality. I don't hate her but it would be a lesson.
Harmony could have been that rival. But they steered her clear away from Rachel after TPPP and the positive reception Lindsay got in the media and fandom for her singing. Even at Sectionals they made sure that Harmony wasn't up against Rachel directly, by having Rachel conveniently suspended.
And Harmony being a sophomore prevents her from being in NYADA in season 4. Rolling Eyes

The only 3 singers Rachel went up against as rivals were Kurt, Mercedes and Unique.
Kurt always lost out to Rachel. Mercedes was carefully depicted as equally talented as Rachel who got the same opportunities, but somehow never ended up with the prize (singing at Regionals or Maria in WSS).
Unique won over Rachel, became the MVP at Nationals, but that was balanced out by ND winning over Vocal Adrenaline and Carmen beaming at Rachel's performance (and they didn't show Carmen react to Unique's performance, as she left after ND sang), and Unique will never be a rival to Rachel again now that she's in New York.

For me, the NYADA storyline for Rachel only has a right to exist if they give her one or two real, fleshed out female rivals, equally talented. And not deal with it in a cheap way, by eg. making her main rival an evil cardboard girl, but a person with feelings just like Rachel, who we can sympathize with too when they want the same role. And of course, Rachel should lose a few of these rival contests at NYADA.

But..... never gonna happen on Glee, because noone in the universe is more talented than Rachel Berry. She is one of a kind ~special, although in RL she would only be one of a dozen, on Broadway even one of a hundred.
Here's where Glee will want to have its cake and eat it too: they want the "small fish in a big ocean" story for Rachel in New York, but they still want to maintain the myth that their heroine Rachel is the ~special one, standing above all others. dryy
It's the same as Blaine, the better gay, never having any flaws or slushies in his face, and everyone always swooning over him. If they hold on to a character being ~perfect, the storylines and characters they interact with will suffer because of this rigid characterisation.

I have the feeling that this is also one of the main reasons Kurt didn't get NYADA or sing that much during Hummelberry's shared NYADA storyarc: some people might actually think that he is just as ~special as Rachel is, when it comes to NYADA and Broadway.
In a twisted way Kurt, to a substantial part of the GA, could be even deemed more talented than Rachel in season 3, because he would have gotten NYADA against all the odds (bad resume, feminine gay stereotype), whereas Rachel had everything going for her in her resume (according to Shelby), and we can't have that.

But Kurt can't be as ~special as Rachel Berry is talentwise, noone can: it would take way from her being the unique one-of-a-kind star. Kurt can only be ~special when it comes to being gay, and that ~specialness tends to bite him in the butt. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Buenos 9/2/2012, 6:51 am

But Kurt can't be as ~special as Rachel Berry is talentwise, noone can: it would take way from her being the unique one-of-a-kind star. Kurt can only be ~special when it comes to being gay, and that ~specialness tends to bite him in the butt.

As much as I think Ryan Murphy and the show runners genuinely are invested in the character of Kurt, it's a double edged sword. Rachel is their wish fulfillment fantasy whereas Kurt represents their gay symbol fantasy, they think his suffering purifies and ennobles him to make him an admirable figure. His winning is irrelevant to them because that is not what he is about. :angry:
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/2/2012, 9:36 am

Buenos wrote:
But Kurt can't be as ~special as Rachel Berry is talentwise, noone can: it would take way from her being the unique one-of-a-kind star. Kurt can only be ~special when it comes to being gay, and that ~specialness tends to bite him in the butt.

As much as I think Ryan Murphy and the show runners genuinely are invested in the character of Kurt, it's a double edged sword. Rachel is their wish fulfillment fantasy whereas Kurt represents their gay symbol fantasy, they think his suffering purifies and ennobles him to make him an admirable figure. His winning is irrelevant to them because that is not what he is about. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 3181402168

The thing is most of the fandom don't care about Rachel anymore and that could the same with Blaine unless he is written differently (though I doubt it).

I think viewers will end up not wanting a fantasy because Rachel's story will have a habit of getting boring, which I think will be the case. It is too predictable, Kurt's isn't.

Rachel's story they can't build anything from, Kurt's can. Rachel's can go in only one direction. Kurt's can go any many.

Rachel is tethered to the Nyada storyline, Kurt's is Vogue.com, but that could be just his job, and he could go in another direction entirely.

And if Ryan really does want there to be a season 5 then he and his team have to write a couple of stories that will get the audience interested and keep them interested, and I don't think McKinley or Rachel's will.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/2/2012, 10:33 am

@Marie, you and other people, I include myself, still think that Harmony could have been a good rival , there're even some people that still want her on Glee. But I just remember that Ryan said to Lindsay once that despite she's a good singer, she's not Lea Michele, she doesn't transmit the same emotion that Lea does to him. For me that statement made me realize that no one would replace her ever and if for any reason there's character at the same level of her, probably is gonna be the worst nightmare of Rachel making her suffer.

As Colferinspired said, if they want to do a season 5- is that possible?- is true that part of the fandom still believe that Rachel/Lea is the "diva", but the other half (or more) are tired she's treated like a queen getting everything and wanted to know what's going on with the other characters and not only about "Rachel Berry Show". By other side, if there're not they beloved characters in McKenley and new students don't get enough attention, probably they should rip off that storyline and finally focus only in the college years.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/2/2012, 1:35 pm

The thing is most of the fandom don't care about Rachel anymore and that could the same with Blaine unless he is written differently (though I doubt it).

But are we talking specific "fandoms" or we are talking the GA (General Audience). The GA is made up of millions of viewers .

While Kurt is among my favorites, I find it hard to believe that the show itself and other characters don't have large followings. I think among the GA Rachel and Blaine are probably very popular, as is Kurt. The fact they tailored a SL for Rachel speaks volumes how the showrunners think her character is integral to the show and that they think she is important to it's success.

I don't have problems with that, I realize that Glee is an ensemble show, and while I prefer the NY Kurt side, and will match that most closely, Glee is going to survive/thrive on more than just Kurt fans.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/2/2012, 1:42 pm

new poster, w/ KURT!!!!!!!!!

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 Tumblr_m9qe7yATNd1r4ezfzo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/2/2012, 1:44 pm

did you see the pattern? the one on the top of hte poster all have the confident expression; the one on the bottom all have the WTF expression. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/2/2012, 1:55 pm

sorry took mine down

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/2/2012, 1:57 pm

^ oh, i didn't know you posted it already. sorry hon.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/2/2012, 2:14 pm

Oh no, you were first, posted mine then I realized too late yours was up!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/2/2012, 2:26 pm

fantastica wrote:new poster, w/ KURT!!!!!!!!!

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 Tumblr_m9qe7yATNd1r4ezfzo1_500

I like it. But why Santana and Kurt? I don't see the connection between, just like I didn't see it between Sue and Blaine. Anyway still I like his wtf expression.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/2/2012, 2:51 pm

brisallie wrote:I like it. But why Santana and Kurt? I don't see the connection between, just like I didn't see it between Sue and Blaine. Anyway still I like his wtf expression.
I think this is a clear indication that Santana will join Kurt and Rachel in New York soon. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 9/2/2012, 2:55 pm

Putting Santana and Kurt together is such a random decision, seeing as they barely interact. I hope it's indication of more interaction between Kurtana, because the writers really missed a golden opportunity of stories with that pairing in the past.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/2/2012, 3:00 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:I like it. But why Santana and Kurt? I don't see the connection between, just like I didn't see it between Sue and Blaine. Anyway still I like his wtf expression.
I think this is a clear indication that Santana will join Kurt and Rachel in New York soon. fanny2

I would like that, if not they're putting their cast randomly together. But anyway I'm slightly hopeful Smile

... but I still don't trust in RIB dryy
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/2/2012, 4:38 pm

could have been worse. i mean, i wish it was sjp because it would be a confirmation of a bigger story arch with her, but kurt and santana are two popular characters and i love chris's wtf expression. imagine if it were finn instead of kurt (now i'm kind of sorry it wasn't Twisted Evil )
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/2/2012, 7:41 pm

I love the poster. Chris is awesome!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/2/2012, 11:35 pm

Buenos wrote:

But are we talking specific "fandoms" or we are talking the GA (General Audience). The GA is made up of millions of viewers .

While Kurt is among my favorites, I find it hard to believe that the show itself and other characters don't have large followings. I think among the GA Rachel and Blaine are probably very popular, as is Kurt. The fact they tailored a SL for Rachel speaks volumes how the showrunners think her character is integral to the show and that they think she is important to it's success.

I don't have problems with that, I realize that Glee is an ensemble show, and while I prefer the NY Kurt side, and will match that most closely, Glee is going to survive/thrive on more than just Kurt fans.

I should have elaborated more, with the McKinley and Rachel's story it just a recycling of stories with some changes and new characters added. With Kurt's it would be something they haven't done before, it would be fresh and new, which probably will the same with Finn's and Santana's stories.

I love the poster with Santana and Kurt. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 4247136565

I would love it if Kurt got her a job at Vogue.com and they became bestfriends, leaving Rachel feeling left out.

The way I see it the only way they can do the New York narrative is to combine stories, such as Kurt's, Finn and Santana's instead of doing separate ones for each. That is where they made the mistake with Rachel's as her story is isolating her from them most of the time.

They need to create new interest in the show, and if Kurt's, Finn's and Santana's stories are done well, then maybe they can create that interest for people that are looking for something different to what they have already seen on Glee, but still love these three characters.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 9/3/2012, 12:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

I actually wouldn't mind that. Kurt and Santana could have an interesting storyline together without NYADA and Rachel. Or maybe there isn't a link between the characters for all the posters-unless Blaine is now a Cheerio. Please, no.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/3/2012, 5:02 pm

Here's a new poster.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 Tumblr_m9shqq0bGg1rpkv82o1_500

Until now Sam has been the only one who doesn't have a wtf expression lol.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/3/2012, 5:15 pm

^There's a lot of photoshopping and airbrushing going on on this poster (as was on the Cassandra/Rachel and Sue/Blaine posters). Their skin is very (too) smooth.
I think Kurt was one of the more natural looking on his poster.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/3/2012, 5:25 pm

^
I think the same too. I think both Chris and Naya look more natural.

This's a mini spoiler from 4x01.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 Tumblr_m9siroAVRl1qc7sngo1_250Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 Tumblr_m9siroAVRl1qc7sngo2_250

Is not clear if everybody are answering "I am" or only Blaine?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/3/2012, 5:51 pm

brisallie wrote:^
I think the same too. I think both Chris and Naya look more natural.

This's a mini spoiler from 4x01.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 Tumblr_m9siroAVRl1qc7sngo1_250Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 31 Tumblr_m9siroAVRl1qc7sngo2_250

Is not clear if everybody are answering "I am" or only Blaine?

You know this all makes sense now. It's been said that Rachel dresses like a toddler and a grandmother at the same time, and Blaine dresses like a toddler and a grandfather at the same time. So clearly, Blaine is the new rachel.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 9/3/2012, 5:55 pm

The explanation for the lack of Kurt in the promos better be that he probably has the most interesting storyline which is being kept under wraps.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/3/2012, 6:20 pm

Jewfro's lost his fro! And that 'We are all' new Rachels could be funny, I mean it can be LOL funny if done right. But I gather still no sight of Kurt in these clips...makes me wonder what the heck are they planning/playing at, I'm personally just slipping further and further from Glee. Maybe when I'll see the first ep I'll get back on track.

I just don't understand why so many of the posters have to be photoshopped to their limits. Either they want that extra unnatural look or their airbrusher is lazy or not that good.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/3/2012, 6:38 pm

I didn't even notice that Jewfro was missing the fro. He looks older without it. But I guess Jewfro didn't graduate.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next