Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  ColferInspired on 9/7/2012, 10:16 pm

sahhar wrote:Hello everyone. This is OT but I just wanted to let you all know that Monday onwards I'm gonna be going to many different places and meeting diff people everyday to get experience and observe in the field of Psychology and social work and stuff to get things in my life going so I probably won't be coming on the forums as often to read and reply, especially during the day. I'll be able to come at night though. So just wanted everyone to know I'll miss you all but will try to log on as much as I can at night and whenever possible and don't worry about me . xoxo

Good luck with your career.

And I am usually on at night, so you have one person to talk with.

That is the thing I come on an usually no-one is on. Sometimes I hate having a different timezone. Though Delight is in on the same timezone as me, so I am not always alone.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Divalicious on 9/7/2012, 10:22 pm

Actually their desire to sex things up is why they graduated Rachel, when she and Kurt could have remained in the class room for a few more years, unlike Cory and Mark. An "adult" Rachel can be sexualized even more than they had with all the overwrought girl dancing in ND. Now she is always in hot pants, or leotards, or other form fitting garb.

Gay sexuality, however, is not on the acceptable list. Lesbians can talk about scissoring, but apparently gay young men can't even discuss making out, other than it is scheduled.

I wonder how long it will be before Rachel starts the usual tonsil hockey. She kisses more than anyone else on the show, I am surprised they haven't given her mono. Yawn. Just feels forced, because that isn't the Rachel that we've known for 3 years. If it were gradual, I could deal, but the overuse of make up I've seen in the previews makes her look Lea's actual age. I'm hoping the makeover is actually combining her old look and current one. Rachel should stay Rachel.

PS Fantastica, loved your post, I am the same way, whither Chris goes, so goeth I.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2012-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Ranwing on 9/7/2012, 11:21 pm

Do you know what really burns me about all this? It's not as if Kurt is doing nothing with his life all this time. He's not sitting in his bedroom wearing the same set of pjs for the past three months and gorging himself on Ben & Jerry's fro yo. He's taking clear and concrete steps towards his future, even if he's debating over whether he's going to try for NYADA again or do something else. He's taking college courses, getting the basics out of the way so that he'll be ahead of the game when he matriculates. He's working, and hardly doing a demeaning job (nowadays pulling shots of expresso is practically a college pre-requisite). He's even offering advice for his old choir group, which can count as service for his applications and would look great for applying to college artistic programs. He might be battered from his NYADA rejection, but he's trying to find his way out of that.

Yet he's being made out to be the biggest loser that McKinley ever produced. And I find that a real insult to all the kids out there who decide to attend local community colleges when they weren't able to get into the programs that they wanted right out of high school. Or the kids who have to work to put themselves through school. Or the kids who don't go to college immediately for any number of reasons. But then again, Glee has been putting out questionable messages for a long time. Like if you're forcably outed, you're being done a favor if you're a vicious tongued lesbian and the one who outed you is white and has a penis. Or if you blow the biggest audition of your live, whining, stalking and harassing makes it all go away.

I'm sorry show, but there's no amount of Rachel's NYADA hyjinks will make her an inspirational character. Not with her manufactured drama that ends up meaning nothing since nothing will ever be allowed to be anything more than a minor hiccup on her path to success. I'm watching for Kurt because his struggles, while painful, are inspirational and I want to see him rise like a phoenix from the ashes. Will his successes ever be allowed to be comperable to Rachel's? Of course not, but I'm no longer going to compare anything to Rachel's experiences since hers are cartoon fantasy. Kurt will find his own path, and his own successes and I'll only measure them by the amount of happiness and satisfaction he derives from them.
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  ColferInspired on 9/7/2012, 11:41 pm

Her is some more of the cast for the Vogue storyline. I got this from the Glee Forum, and they got it from the spoiler thread there. This is apparently on IMDB website.

-Alissa Geraghty is the supermodel


Ina-Alice Kopp playing the receptionist:


This last one we already know, but they have her as 'eccentric Vogue woman'.

:


There is nothing on the hunky business man. They probably haven't put him up yet.

But to go to all this trouble to have a professional cast for Kurt's storyline there must be more to it then just the one episode. I am hoping this is the case.

They could have just hired extra's for that couldn't they?
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Ireth on 9/8/2012, 12:43 am

ColferInspired wrote:
sahhar wrote:Hello everyone. This is OT but I just wanted to let you all know that Monday onwards I'm gonna be going to many different places and meeting diff people everyday to get experience and observe in the field of Psychology and social work and stuff to get things in my life going so I probably won't be coming on the forums as often to read and reply, especially during the day. I'll be able to come at night though. So just wanted everyone to know I'll miss you all but will try to log on as much as I can at night and whenever possible and don't worry about me . xoxo

Good luck with your career.

And I am usually on at night, so you have one person to talk with.

That is the thing I come on an usually no-one is on. Sometimes I hate having a different timezone. Though Delight is in on the same timezone as me, so I am not always alone.

Yes, all the best sahhar! Smile

Ranwing wrote:Do you know what really burns me about all this? It's not as if Kurt is doing nothing with his life all this time. He's not sitting in his bedroom wearing the same set of pjs for the past three months and gorging himself on Ben & Jerry's fro yo. He's taking clear and concrete steps towards his future, even if he's debating over whether he's going to try for NYADA again or do something else. He's taking college courses, getting the basics out of the way so that he'll be ahead of the game when he matriculates. He's working, and hardly doing a demeaning job (nowadays pulling shots of expresso is practically a college pre-requisite). He's even offering advice for his old choir group, which can count as service for his applications and would look great for applying to college artistic programs. He might be battered from his NYADA rejection, but he's trying to find his way out of that.

Yet he's being made out to be the biggest loser that McKinley ever produced. And I find that a real insult to all the kids out there who decide to attend local community colleges when they weren't able to get into the programs that they wanted right out of high school. Or the kids who have to work to put themselves through school. Or the kids who don't go to college immediately for any number of reasons. But then again, Glee has been putting out questionable messages for a long time. Like if you're forcably outed, you're being done a favor if you're a vicious tongued lesbian and the one who outed you is white and has a penis. Or if you blow the biggest audition of your live, whining, stalking and harassing makes it all go away.

I'm sorry show, but there's no amount of Rachel's NYADA hyjinks will make her an inspirational character. Not with her manufactured drama that ends up meaning nothing since nothing will ever be allowed to be anything more than a minor hiccup on her path to success. I'm watching for Kurt because his struggles, while painful, are inspirational and I want to see him rise like a phoenix from the ashes. Will his successes ever be allowed to be comperable to Rachel's? Of course not, but I'm no longer going to compare anything to Rachel's experiences since hers are cartoon fantasy. Kurt will find his own path, and his own successes and I'll only measure them by the amount of happiness and satisfaction he derives from them.

PREACH.

Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Chris enroll in community college before doing Glee, and planned to go to an LA college after two years if the acting dream didn't work out? And look at what an inspiration he is.

This scene was heartbreaking. How dare they make a joke of Kurt being a "gay underachiever", when the only reason he's "underachieving" is because the writers insist on kicking him down? Kurt is coping very well with all the crap he's been put through (granted, he should have applied to safety schools, but it's the writers' fault for making it NYADA or Nada)-he's got himself a job and enrolled himself in community college while making plans about reapplying. (I really hope he applies to more than one school this time, though). He's really doing the best he can for himself considering what happened, but not only do they make fun of him for it, Kurt doesn't even defend himself in true Kurt fashion, instead he just meekly tries to disagree with Sue and Kitty. What have they done to you? crycry

*Hugs everyone here and Kurt*
avatar
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1106
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  fantastica on 9/8/2012, 12:58 am

ColferInspired wrote:Her is some more of the cast for the Vogue storyline. I got this from the Glee Forum, and they got it from the spoiler thread there. This is apparently on IMDB website.

-Alissa Geraghty is the supermodel

Ina-Alice Kopp playing the receptionist:

This last one we already know, but they have her as 'eccentric Vogue woman'.

There is nothing on the hunky business man. They probably haven't put him up yet.

But to go to all this trouble to have a professional cast for Kurt's storyline there must be more to it then just the one episode. I am hoping this is the case.

They could have just hired extra's for that couldn't they?

well, extras are for people who don't have any dialogues, and are primarily background figures like the folks walking around in school or on the street or fill up a dance hall/auditorium. They hire actors for any roles that talk or needs to act, like Max Adler or any student's parents however brief their appearances on teh show are, or that geography teacher. I assume these figures do talk or are required to act, even if it's just an expression or two, with or without dialogue.


______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Ranwing on 9/8/2012, 1:17 am

Ireth wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Chris enroll in community college before doing Glee, and planned to go to an LA college after two years if the acting dream didn't work out? And look at what an inspiration he is.

This scene was heartbreaking. How dare they make a joke of Kurt being a "gay underachiever", when the only reason he's "underachieving" is because the writers insist on kicking him down? Kurt is coping very well with all the crap he's been put through (granted, he should have applied to safety schools, but it's the writers' fault for making it NYADA or Nada)-he's got himself a job and enrolled himself in community college while making plans about reapplying. (I really hope he applies to more than one school this time, though). He's really doing the best he can for himself considering what happened, but not only do they make fun of him for it, Kurt doesn't even defend himself in true Kurt fashion, instead he just meekly tries to disagree with Sue and Kitty. What have they done to you? crycry

Chris went to college for a grand total of 3 weeks before he was signed to play Kurt. I'm assuming that they are going to take more cues from Chris's experiences to tell Kurt's story. If that's the case, then Kurt's successes are going to be remarkable.

Watching the scene again, the impression that I got was that Kitty (who comes across like a poor man's cross of Quinn and Santana) is just being a malicious bitch. Sue's comments, on the other hand, do come across to me more like a serious case of tough love. Her words aren't much different from Kitty's, but I can't shake the impression that she's not ridiculing Kurt for going to community college just to be mean. She's doing it because Kurt appears to be settling for far less than she knows he's capable of. That is what earns Sue's distain. If Kurt were any other McKinley kid, she wouldn't bat an eye about him going to a local community college. But this is Kurt Elizabeth Hummel we're talking about here. The kid is not supposed to be stuck in Lima. Sue is giving Kurt a very much needed kick in the pants. Sure, it hurts to see, but he right now needs a little more than the loving support he's getting from Burt and Blaine. He needs to get the fire in his belly relit and if it takes a harsh comment from Sue to do it, then I'll kiss the ground at her feet.

The comment she makes about him being a gay loser to me is her way of saying that if Kurt is thinking that being gay (or more specifically the wrong kind of gay) is what held him back, then he's making it a self-fulfilling prophesy. If Kurt lets himself be defeated because he's always worried that he's going to lose out because he's gay, then that's what's going to happen. She's throwing all the limitations Kurt's using to justify/excuse why he's attending local community college in his face to try to get a rise out of him. I'm expecting this scene to be the first step of Kurt climbing out of the hole that Goodbye left him in.
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Ranwing on 9/8/2012, 1:23 am

fantastica wrote:well, extras are for people who don't have any dialogues, and are primarily background figures like the folks walking around in school or on the street or fill up a dance hall/auditorium. They hire actors for any roles that talk or needs to act, like Max Adler or any student's parents however brief their appearances on teh show are, or that geography teacher. I assume these figures do talk or are required to act, even if it's just an expression or two, with or without dialogue.


What I find interesting is that we're getting a clear impression of multiple characters that Kurt will be interacting with at Vogue and they have identities, jobs, personalities and role to play in Kurt's story. This is something that we're not getting in Rachel's story. Except for Cassandra and Brody (and Ms. Tibideaux) is there anyone at NYADA that we're going to know by name who will have meaningful interaction with her? Even her roomate is going to be heard but not seen. That automatically makes Kurt's story seem like it's developed with far more intelligence and consideration than Rachel's. She'll get solos and dance scenes, but Kurt's story has some serious meat to it.
avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  ColferInspired on 9/8/2012, 1:30 am

I have mentioned this before but won't again as it is getting repetitive - I suffer from depression so seeing Kurt like this is very releastic. I feel that Kurt has been heading this way since season 3 and after not getting into Nyada he is nearly succumbing to it, but not quite, in that he hasn't completely given up but is scared to try and pursue his dreams.

Chris is very subtle with his acting. He knows that Kurt hasn't completely giving up, he's not quite in that depressive state where you just want to give up and run and hide.

Now that is inspirational for any one who suffers from depression as the suicide rate is pretty high for sufferers but them going there is a good thing and showing that Kurt can get out of it and goes to New York. Depression is a mental illness, but not all people need medication.

After what Kurt has been through it is no wonder he is depressed. Though I know Kurt doesn't have a mental illness, but for ones that have had it just as bad as Kurt or worse and are suffering depression, to see him not give up is a true inspiration.

I have had one person put me down, and you don't feel like sticking up for yourself and fighting, you just don't have the energy anymore. Again that is realistic in how Kurt reacted.

That person is now supporting me as I have got off my butt and started making changes in my life to make it better. So what Sue is doing is what my friend was doing to me as I found out when we had a proper talk without the insults and put downs on his part.

I don't like it that they are trying to do it for laughs, depression is not funny. I sure didn't laugh when I saw that video, but Chris's acting makes you care about Kurt.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Divalicious on 9/8/2012, 1:39 am

I took Kitty's remark as actually kind of off the cuff, not exactly derogatory of Kurt. Where I took Santana's remarks as extremely personal, Kitty's just seem to be her stating her opinion. I don't know. She doesn't know Kurt, like Santana knows Kurt. I do agree that Sue is doing more of a tough love sort of statement, because I really do believe she has faith in Kurt's ability, after all he won her a nationals title, which Will never capitalized on. She knows what Kurt is capable of, and wants him to attain it. Something Will was never shown to do. He obviously was written to only believe in Rachel, and perhaps Blaine. Everyone else can just take a flying leap. I do really hope for the sake of the actor that they make Will a little more supportive of his entire Glee club, instead of admiring Rachel and living through Finn. It would be remarkable for Glee to show someone learning a lesson, and making it stick. Kurt at least does have college planned, even if it is just a local one, someone more than Santana, who was going for a cheerleading scholarship, or Puck, who seems not to be interested in college at all. The fact they make such a loser identity out of it just means they know how much more Kurt is capable of, and that he deserves more. It will be hard to watch, though. Thank god for fast forward.

Ranwing, I agree with your statement, Rachel's story is more and more sounding like wish fulfillment, and remains plastic and insignificant. Kurt's has substance and meaning. That is the problem with making your star so perfect and everything going her way, the casual viewer will accept that Rachel gets handed every advantage because she is a pretty girl, but the on-going fan continues to value Kurt, because his journey isn't always rewarded, so it has meaning. While she remains the star, in a decade I don't think anyone will recall Rachel Berry other than as a MarySue, where Kurt will continue to set the bench mark of a gay young man. He will make it easier to made a young gay man of substance on prime time, where it for so long remained a stereotype and a joke. While I don't always like a PSA, Kurt really has taught the audience about acceptance. Rachel cannot teach that, she only teaches that pretty people get further in life, something no adult doesn't already realize.

I really hope that the audience loves the Vogue storyline and it continues, so Kurt can remain out of Rachel's shadow. I don't think that will occur, but it would be nice, to have someone busting his ass to make his future actually get rewarded, and someone who has life handed to her finds it is unfulfilling. We'll see, I am prepared for disappointment, because season 3 certainly taught me that.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2012-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Ireth on 9/8/2012, 1:46 am

Ranwing wrote:
Ireth wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Chris enroll in community college before doing Glee, and planned to go to an LA college after two years if the acting dream didn't work out? And look at what an inspiration he is.

This scene was heartbreaking. How dare they make a joke of Kurt being a "gay underachiever", when the only reason he's "underachieving" is because the writers insist on kicking him down? Kurt is coping very well with all the crap he's been put through (granted, he should have applied to safety schools, but it's the writers' fault for making it NYADA or Nada)-he's got himself a job and enrolled himself in community college while making plans about reapplying. (I really hope he applies to more than one school this time, though). He's really doing the best he can for himself considering what happened, but not only do they make fun of him for it, Kurt doesn't even defend himself in true Kurt fashion, instead he just meekly tries to disagree with Sue and Kitty. What have they done to you? crycry

Chris went to college for a grand total of 3 weeks before he was signed to play Kurt. I'm assuming that they are going to take more cues from Chris's experiences to tell Kurt's story. If that's the case, then Kurt's successes are going to be remarkable.

Watching the scene again, the impression that I got was that Kitty (who comes across like a poor man's cross of Quinn and Santana) is just being a malicious bitch. Sue's comments, on the other hand, do come across to me more like a serious case of tough love. Her words aren't much different from Kitty's, but I can't shake the impression that she's not ridiculing Kurt for going to community college just to be mean. She's doing it because Kurt appears to be settling for far less than she knows he's capable of. That is what earns Sue's distain. If Kurt were any other McKinley kid, she wouldn't bat an eye about him going to a local community college. But this is Kurt Elizabeth Hummel we're talking about here. The kid is not supposed to be stuck in Lima. Sue is giving Kurt a very much needed kick in the pants. Sure, it hurts to see, but he right now needs a little more than the loving support he's getting from Burt and Blaine. He needs to get the fire in his belly relit and if it takes a harsh comment from Sue to do it, then I'll kiss the ground at her feet.

The comment she makes about him being a gay loser to me is her way of saying that if Kurt is thinking that being gay (or more specifically the wrong kind of gay) is what held him back, then he's making it a self-fulfilling prophesy. If Kurt lets himself be defeated because he's always worried that he's going to lose out because he's gay, then that's what's going to happen. She's throwing all the limitations Kurt's using to justify/excuse why he's attending local community college in his face to try to get a rise out of him. I'm expecting this scene to be the first step of Kurt climbing out of the hole that Goodbye left him in.
That's actually fine if this is what the context is. But only if they let Kurt succeed, instead of drawing parallels between Chris' success and Kurt's failure for cheap fun. It seems like it's all going to work out well for Kurt this season, but until I see some evidence of that, this is just going to hurt.

I like that they're assembling a whole cast for Kurt's storyline though.

ColferInspired wrote:I have mentioned this before but won't again as it is getting repetitive - I suffer from depression so seeing Kurt like this is very releastic. I feel that Kurt has been heading this way since season 3 and after not getting into Nyada he is nearly succumbing to it, but not quite, in that he hasn't completely given up but is scared to try and pursue his dreams.

Chris is very subtle with his acting. He knows that Kurt hasn't completely giving up, he's not quite in that depressive state where you just want to give up and run and hide.

Now that is inspirational for any one who suffers from depression as the suicide rate is pretty high for sufferers but them going there is a good thing and showing that Kurt can get out of it and goes to New York. Depression is a mental illness, but not all people need medication.

After what Kurt has been through it is no wonder he is depressed. Though I know Kurt doesn't have a mental illness, but for ones that have had it just as bad as Kurt or worse and are suffering depression, to see him not give up is a true inspiration.

I have had one person put me down, and you don't feel like sticking up for yourself and fighting, you just don't have the energy anymore. Again that is realistic in how Kurt reacted.

That person is now supporting me as I have got off my butt and started making changes in my life to make it better. So what Sue is doing is what my friend was doing to me as I found out when we had a proper talk without the insults and put downs on his part.

I don't like it that they are trying to do it for laughs, depression is not funny. I sure didn't laugh when I saw that video, but Chris's acting makes you care about Kurt.

This post is so touching. Yes, what they're doing with Kurt can be a good thing, as long a they don't make a joke out of it.
avatar
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1106
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  ColferInspired on 9/8/2012, 1:48 am

Ranwing wrote:
fantastica wrote:well, extras are for people who don't have any dialogues, and are primarily background figures like the folks walking around in school or on the street or fill up a dance hall/auditorium. They hire actors for any roles that talk or needs to act, like Max Adler or any student's parents however brief their appearances on teh show are, or that geography teacher. I assume these figures do talk or are required to act, even if it's just an expression or two, with or without dialogue.


What I find interesting is that we're getting a clear impression of multiple characters that Kurt will be interacting with at Vogue and they have identities, jobs, personalities and role to play in Kurt's story. This is something that we're not getting in Rachel's story. Except for Cassandra and Brody (and Ms. Tibideaux) is there anyone at NYADA that we're going to know by name who will have meaningful interaction with her? Even her roomate is going to be heard but not seen. That automatically makes Kurt's story seem like it's developed with far more intelligence and consideration than Rachel's. She'll get solos and dance scenes, but Kurt's story has some serious meat to it.

That's what it seems like to me.

It sounds like they are going to a lot of effort, though I still don't like Ryan, but if this is all his idea, than maybe he is still invested in Kurt, as it sounds like Brad certainly isn't.

This show needs substance and at the moment it has none. If this story gives it that than maybe they might renew interest in Glee than other than view it for the song and dance and stupid teen drama's and Rachel sobbing and moaning about being bullied by her dance teacher and that Nyada isn't what she thought it would be.

Cassandra is virtually a clone of Sue Sylvester, so again not much thought has gone into Rachel's story. Brody is just another Finn but probably a bit brighter. They are recycling characters left right and centre even with the McKinley side of it.

At the moment with Kurt's we know of one character the spooky one is probably not a recycled one, and I am hoping the same is with the others, though I am feeling this could be the case.

So Keck wasn't trolled after all.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Delight on 9/8/2012, 2:11 am

BlueJazz wrote:
Boy, these kurt spoilers for ep 1 sounds awful. Working at lima bean with no back-up plans ? Yeah, that definitely sounds like the Kurt that i know dryy Why can't they at least make him apply for some part time courses in a local community college?! God, this show is ridiculous i can't even ... antifana tronco

I suppose the more recently released spoiler video did have Kurt mention something about being accepted into a community college, so there is that to be grateful for.

As Ranwing had mentioned, what Kurt had done (i.e. having a temp job, visiting his old friends in high school while waiting for his community college classes to start) would not have been deemed loser-ish in real life, but it certainly had been portrayed as such on this TV show. Because we know that Kurt could do much better, and certainly deserves much better than what the writers were willing to give him in Season 3.

Now I'm curious as to what Kurt actually had planned when he jumped on that plane to fly to NYC? Is that Vogue internship just going to fall on his lap by some fortunate but unrealistic happenstance?

fantastica wrote:
The silver lining I got from all these spoilers is that Kurt will have plenty of screen time. I am going to watch Kurt doing whatever - even scrubbing toilets in fabulous designer outfits. Like I said before, if Chris plays a hero I will watch him; if Chris plays a bum I will watch him; if he plays a mental patient, a serial murderer, a CIA agent, a traitor, a cab driver, a cook, a doctor ... whatever, I will watch him. If his character gets shot I will watch it; if his character plays baseball I will watch it (and I hate sports movies); if his character plays xxx scene I will watch it; I will watch him period, in any role, in any show.

now I feel better.

Good mentality to adopt. That way, it doesn't matter how much character assassination the writers do to Kurt. I should just enjoy and appreciate Chris's acting, and forget about the rest of the show.

However, thanks to Chris's acting, I care too much about this fictional character Kurt to not react when I see them stomp him on the ground and use him as a gay punching bag or punchline on the show. There are quite a few characters that are gay on this show, but it appears that Kurt is the one who has to suffer endlessly for it. Kurt's losses and struggles make his journey more real and meaningful, but it sure is painful to watch.

Season 4 may be less shitty for Kurt, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. The writers enjoy making Kurt suffer. We've known that for at least 2 seasons now.
avatar
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1981
Join date : 2012-02-21
Location : Australia
Real Name : Zining

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  sahhar on 9/8/2012, 2:41 am

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! Smile bisou

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1442
Join date : 2012-02-25
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  zuppid on 9/8/2012, 5:11 am

I don't know why Kurt and always Kurt has to deal with the "sometimes reality is a bitch" part of the show...

Everybody seems to obtain amazing things easily and in improbable ways because,you know, it's a fictional story(Rachel stalking Carmen,Santana for no reason,Mercedes through a YT video,Puck graduates in a very inverosimile way) but "we need to remind you that sometimes things don't happen "....who can we use?

Maybe,just maybe,it's my inner fangirl talking but maybe they use Kurt because Kurt happens to be Chris who happens to be the only actor in there capable to pull off any kind of emotional scene without no efforts or ridicolous faces

Maybe i'm just being a hopeless Chris-stan but I like to think that way....for my sanity

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Posts : 234
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  ColferInspired on 9/8/2012, 5:59 am

zuppid wrote:I don't know why Kurt and always Kurt has to deal with the "sometimes reality is a bitch" part of the show...

Everybody seems to obtain amazing things easily and in improbable ways because,you know, it's a fictional story(Rachel stalking Carmen,Santana for no reason,Mercedes through a YT video,Puck graduates in a very inverosimile way) but "we need to remind you that sometimes things don't happen "....who can we use?

Maybe,just maybe,it's my inner fangirl talking but maybe they use Kurt because Kurt happens to be Chris who happens to be the only actor in there capable to pull off any kind of emotional scene without no efforts or ridicolous faces

Maybe i'm just being a hopeless Chris-stan but I like to think that way....for my sanity

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Chris makes you care about Kurt because he is just that good. He doesn't settle with the crap they give him he gives depth and emotion to every scene, every facial expression, that makes you feel Kurt is real.

They can give him the crappiest scene and the crappiest lines and he still turns them into magic. The thing is he cares about the characters he plays, he gives them life and a soul. That is probably over the top the soul part, but that is what I see when I see him playing Kurt.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum