Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

+27
mindschemez
Divalicious
kac
YaoiChick
Ireth
fantastica
opals
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
bayth
angelnessa
Porcelain
coxfire
brisallie
AnneNeville
valkeakuulas
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
Georgette888
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
sheny
31 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 Empty Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

Post  sheny 3/4/2014, 4:23 am

[size=12.800000190734863]barrygustins:[/size]
[size=15.199999809265137]This was my second time filming the whole scene, because the first time I accidentally stopped recording. This is the “whole number”, as said before Chord and Lea come from furter down the street and meet up with Chris and Darren on that small aleey before walking to where the memorial is.[/size]

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2014, 5:29 am

I so hope this Combat training scene is Kurt.

The Klainers are going ballistic, and they might as well call Kurt a slut with what they saying. They are so convinced that this is Kurt, but like I always say I will wait and see and not get any hopes up, because every time I have the opposite happens.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

Post  tanita_mors 3/4/2014, 5:44 am

i've been listening to "hold on", and it's one of the best sounding group numbers they did. it all so seamless and it's maybe the best interrogation of chris in a group number the show has ever done.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/4/2014, 5:44 am

Chris and Sweeny meets again!  suspectt  i am shaking with excitement, like FINALLY Glee FINALLY! I swear, like are fox listening to thirsty Kurtsies like myself? Like this is something I thought Glee would NEVER do since they avoided Sweeny for 5 years and now Kurt will? I just....  wub fufufu aa54 aa54 aa54 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2014, 5:51 am

tanita_mors wrote:i've been listening to "hold on", and it's one of the best sounding group numbers they did. it all so seamless and it's maybe the best interrogation of chris in a group number the show has ever done.

Chris is used so much in this song, this was a beautiful surprise.  wub

I can hear him throughout the song where he sings, it is just beautiful. This is the first time you can hear Chris on a group song that is more than Darren.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/4/2014, 5:54 am

also. i think gloria is my favorite of the episode. man, naya is a hit or miss, but when she hit's a song she hit's it. she and lambert sound amazballs. i can't stop listening to it.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/4/2014, 6:01 am

"Hold on" is a great group number, and...

YES! YES!

This is how you use Jenna's beautiful voice in a song, she's the best female voice in the song!  wub wub 

Everyone sounded good!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/4/2014, 6:07 am

I just realized that other than Hold On, the last group Glee number I fully heard Kurt in was in was Pure Imagination, like was that the last or only song he fully got to sing/lead?
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2014, 6:24 am

ChrisColfersLightning wrote:I just realized that other than Hold On, the last group Glee number I fully heard Kurt in was in was Pure Imagination, like was that the last or only song he fully got to sing/lead?

Well, we have The Happening, and he is lead on that one. We also have Get Into The Groove, where he also is lead.

Both are group numbers.

This is more than we had last season.  banzai
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/4/2014, 6:27 am

This is probably ( with the latest Lea spoils) going to be the most Kurt numbers in a season.

bounce  bounce 
Not to get greedy, but how about some solos Glee? tonguue 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/4/2014, 6:32 am

ColferInspired wrote:
ChrisColfersLightning wrote:I just realized that other than Hold On, the last group Glee number I fully heard Kurt in was in was Pure Imagination, like was that the last or only song he fully got to sing/lead?

Well, we have The Happening, and he is lead on that one. We also have Get Into The Groove, where he also is lead.

Both are group numbers.

I am such a dodo brain! Since I stopped watching Glee minus the Qaurter back, I forget some things, like I know GITG was a fantasy? Like he has not sung for real on Glee lead yet, just fantasy, and the happening yes! and hold on was really good, I am just loving all of this, freaking out really  banzai  Razz 

Buenos wrote:This is probably ( with the latest Lea spoils) going to be the most Kurt numbers in a season.

bounce  bounce 
Not to get greedy, but how about some solos Glee? tonguue 

Ikr?!?!?! Like Sweeny blew my mind! Soooo freaking happy!!! BUT Like you said, I need that Solo....  No unsure 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/4/2014, 6:40 am

ColferInspired wrote:

Both are group numbers.

Agree. I enjoy The Happening. I think it is the best song Glee had done in at least a while.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/4/2014, 7:09 am

ColferInspired wrote:I love seeing our fandom all happy on tumblr for a change.  Smile 

But somewhere else they are still pessimistic, which I don't fault them on.

Sadly, I'm not expecting Chris to get the Sweeny Todd song. I'm fully expecting Darren to get it because... well, this is Glee.

But Chris getting some Broadway songs? That does make me happy.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/4/2014, 7:21 am

Ranwing wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I love seeing our fandom all happy on tumblr for a change.  Smile 

But somewhere else they are still pessimistic, which I don't fault them on.

Sadly, I'm not expecting Chris to get the Sweeny Todd song. I'm fully expecting Darren to get it because... well, this is Glee.

But Chris getting some Broadway songs? That does make me happy.

Lea said CHRIS was doing Sweeny! Glee claims to steal casts personal life, and Chris DID do Sweeney play, so I think it is him!  Razz bounce 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 3/4/2014, 7:41 am

She didn't. She said 'we' which I assume means Glee. Could be a solo or a duet- might be Lea, Chris or Hummelberry or anyone. Doubt it would be Darren, tbh. Then she said that Chris also has some Broadway 'too'. So promising. Here is the exact quote-

LM: Absolutely! Absolutely. Speaking of Sondheim, besides "No One Is Alone" from INTO THE WOODS coming up, we also have "Not While I'm Around" [from SWEENEY TODD]. Chris is going to be singing some great Broadway stuff, too. [Sighs.] There is such great music coming up on Glee - especially the Broadway stuff.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2014, 7:50 am

Georgette888 wrote:She didn't. She said 'we' which I assume means Glee. Could be a solo or a duet- might be Lea, Chris or Hummelberry or anyone. Doubt it would be Darren, tbh. Then she said that Chris also has some Broadway 'too'. So promising. Here is the exact quote-

LM: Absolutely! Absolutely. Speaking of Sondheim, besides "No One Is Alone" from INTO THE WOODS coming up, we also have "Not While I'm Around" [from SWEENEY TODD]. Chris is going to be singing some great Broadway stuff, too. [Sighs.] There is such great music coming up on Glee - especially the Broadway stuff.

I am hoping for Hummelberry if not a Chris solo.

Because she mentioned Chris at the end I am thinking Hummelberry.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 3/4/2014, 8:00 am

Yeah. Me too. We havent had a good Hummelberry duet for a while. Lea and Chris sound heavenly together. Hope we get that duet and then something/s as solo/s for Chris too.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2014, 8:08 am

Georgette888 wrote:Yeah. Me too. We havent had a good Hummelberry duet for a while. Lea and Chris sound heavenly together. Hope we get that duet and then something/s as solo/s for Chris too.

I don't know if someone can find the video on Youtube but before Season 3 the cast did this videoed interviews, Chris and Lea were in one, I think Amber was with them (can't remember who else and I think they were talking about Sweeney Todd and I think doing it together). They are sitting and there was a blue type background behind them.

And I just had a thought what if with Lea maybe doing Funny Girl for real she wants Chris to be in it with her.

They have talked about doing Wicked as well and Chris said he would be Guylinda.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 3/4/2014, 8:23 am

Nah. For a multitude of reasons.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2014, 8:29 am

Georgette888 wrote:Nah. For a multitude of reasons.

Yeah, I forgot he would have to work for Murphy again.  vomir 

Plus, I would like to see him working with other people again, like he did for SBL and 8 and now Robodog.

He doesn't need Murphy, so yes, I would like him far away from the ego-maniac as soon as Glee is finished.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/4/2014, 8:30 am

@colferinspired I can't see Chris wanting to jump right back into something with Lea and Ryan after Glee.  Chris is going to want to try to break free from Glee and Ryan as soon as he can.  His first project after Glee is going to be crucial, and it's going to tell where he wants his career to go.  I don't think Broadway will be his first move after Glee.

I am really curious to see what his first major project after Glee is. Especially one that is not self-generated like SBL and his books.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2014, 8:36 am

Jellyrolls wrote:@colferinspired I can't see Chris wanting to jump right back into something with Lea and Ryan after Glee.  Chris is going to want to try to break free from Glee and Ryan as soon as he can.  His first project after Glee is going to be crucial, and it's going to tell where he wants his career to go.  I don't think Broadway will be his first move after Glee.

I am really curious to see what his first major project after Glee is. Especially one that is not self-generated like SBL and his books.

I know, I just forgot he would be working with Ryan again as I said in the post above yours.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/4/2014, 8:50 am

Even in that scratchy audio of the bootleg video street scene you can hear some of Chris clearly singing in "No one is alone".  wub wub 

Agree that Lea's reference to the Sweeny Todd song is vague enough that we don't know who sings it. However since I doubt she has any scripts beyond Episode 5.16 I'm going to guess Kurt singing a broadway showtune occurs in that episode, so his streak of singing a number in the NY episodes is 3 for 3.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/4/2014, 8:52 am

ColferInspired wrote:

Chris is singing more.  bounce

Would this mean solos?

Could "Not While I'm Around" be in "Bash" perhaps?

It has been ages since I have seen a production of Sweeney Todd (which was on the television back in the late 90's), so I can't remember the context of all the songs except for a couple.

Wait until Marie sees this.  Smile 

Chris must be over the moon.
Well, Marie has seen this. Yay!!!  hola

I'm always here for more Broadway songs from Chris.  wub

It does seem like Kurt is getting more songs and more focus in group numbers lately.
As others have already said: 'Hold On' is a very good group number and you can hear Chris' voice very prominently in that one.
And as 'Pure Imagionation' was the only group number that had Kurt on lead so far, in the past few episodes we got 'Into The Groove' and 'The Happening', all group numbers with Kurt as (shared) lead as well. And he seems to be getting a fair amount of 'No One is Alone' as well.

Are they finally seeing the light? (Or are RIB forced by Fox to put the focus more on their real male lead?)

But I dont think Chris is singing 'Not While I'm Around' (which is a pity, because my oldest daughter wanted this song for Chris for a long time and I agree with her: he would sing it lovely), not the way Lea framed it. My guess is it's either Rachel, Mercedes or Blaine singing it to Kurt, or maybe a group number without Kurt: to support him.
And tbh: if there's a Broadway song out there that Darren can handle at least somewhat decent it's this one: 'Not While I'm Around' has only a small, manageable range with no belting or other power singing required.

But who cares when there'll be more of Chris singing Broadway (and possibly a solo!)!!!  panik 

Georgette888 wrote:Nah. For a multitude of reasons.
This. I want Chris as far away as possible from Ryan and anything that could be seen as a continuation of or riding out the wave of Glee.  Mad
Tbh: I'd expect Darren to be involved in 'Funny Girl' before Chris or any of the other Glee cast members (besides Lea of course).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/4/2014, 9:07 am

Jellyrolls wrote:  I don't think Broadway will be his first move after Glee.

Personally I think it depends on what he is offered. Whether it's a TV, film or a stage role, if Chris thinks it's a good role or quality script he'll jump on it. I thought it was telling that in one of those silly Glee QA things he did with Darren, one of the choices was film or theatre, and Chris answered a film about theatre, which I thought was a clever way of saying he had no preference.

I think '8' was a very positive experience for Chris so I wouldn't be shocked if he delved into theatre and even Broadway immediately after Glee.

Chris has roots in community theatre, and like Audra MacDonald , looks back fondly at the Roger Rockas players group in Fresno, Ca.

Chris strikes me as someone enormously ambitious who doesn't want to be typecast and that the right stage part may tempt him right away.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next