Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

+36
ladydianab
bayth
ColferGirl
Catt24
Vir Cotto
emilynna
kac
Dame Loli
ChrisColferFan1
Divalicious
dap1217
E-ko
Ireth
msjoanlucette
happydays
sheny
paulopf
fountain
Esme
Shinra17
Emile
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
Jellyrolls
arina
ColferInspired
Delight
fantastica
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
sahhar
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
Buenos
M&M
brisallie
40 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 Empty Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

Post  brisallie 5/14/2012, 4:19 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Hummelberry is going to New York !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hola hola hola hola

sigh I feel so relieved right now! I thought Kurt was gonna stay in Lima because of some rumors, he didn't was in the train with Rachel... I was so afraid!!! But still don't trust in RIB.

tanita_mors wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 Tumblr_m40no8Aqek1qd9xgco1_500

I guess he's Snooki humhum Well he's prettier than her lol and Where can I see this sketch? Razz

Last edited by brisallie on 5/14/2012, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4

Post  M&M 5/14/2012, 4:21 pm

brisallie wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Hummelberry is going to New York !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hola hola hola hola

sigh I feel so relieved right now! I thought Kurt was gonna stay in Lima because of some rumors, he didn't was in the train with Rachel... I was so afraid!!! But still don't trust in RIB.

tanita_mors wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 Tumblr_m40no8Aqek1qd9xgco1_500

I guess he's Snooki humhum Well he's prettier than her lol and Where can I see this sketch? Razz

Several people originally thought he was Vanessa Hudgens. LOL!
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/14/2012, 4:24 pm

M&M wrote:

Several people originally thought he was Vanessa Hudgens. LOL!

Razz There's no way he's Vanessa due to her clothing and hair I guess, besides Darren looks exactly like one of those boys from Jersey Shore who has not brain but only muscles.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2012, 5:09 pm

As long as Kurt and Rachel are actually per the show in New York I'm willing to see how the show runs with that. As far as split narrative, it *could* work, though I'm curious how they keep the interest in the now played out McKinely High School Choir room dynamics with only Artie, Blaine and Tina to "anchor" that end of the show.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/14/2012, 5:16 pm

I saw some fans on p_f commented that Sarah who's going to be Kurt's mentor on Glee might lead him into doing fashion instead of theater. What do you guys think about that? I personally would be pissed if he gives up on theater but would love him to do both (maybe minor in fashion?).

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2012, 5:23 pm

If he and Rachel are studying at NYADA a "broadway" school it's hard not to see him continue to sing and dance and have numbers. It defeats the purpose of him striving to get into NYADA if he decides to get into fashion. Plus he and Rachel would be set adrift from each other in New York, with no common goal or connection if KUrt gets into fashion and Rachel remains in the Musical theatre world environment.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2012, 5:48 pm

BlueJazz wrote:I saw some fans on p_f commented that Sarah who's going to be Kurt's mentor on Glee might lead him into doing fashion instead of theater. What do you guys think about that? I personally would be pissed if he gives up on theater but would love him to do both (maybe minor in fashion?).
TBH: I think the people on p_f are beating a dead horse. dryy
Yes, Chris himself thought that Kurt would go into fashion, and it would have been a very logical choice if you look at the canon of seasons 1 and 2, but Chris made that statement before season 3 started. Since then RIB very clearly made it canon that Kurt wants to pursue a performing career, starting in episode 1 of season 3. It has been his arc throughout the entire season: Kurt wants this, it is canon.

And looking back at seasons 1 and 2 it is explainable, even though it wasnt intentional written into the scripts back then. But Kurt was singing and dancing 'Single Ladies' in episode 4 of season 1; he was competitive in getting solos and had a diva-off with Rachel in episode 9. Sure, Kurt then said to Burt that he "loved him more than being a star." and that's fine: but Kurt still wanted to be a star back then, only not at the expense of Burt.
Ever since 'Wheels' Kurt has auditioned every time he was able to, and he was always very keen to perform and he loves Broadway. Of course he also likes fashion, but people can have several passions/hobbies, but only want to pursue one of them as a career.

Kurt now clearly has chosen the performing arts, not fashion, and it would be ridiculous (and very heartless of his fans wishing for it) to not give him his dream/passion and let him suddenly switch to fashion instead.

Plus Kurt studying at NYADA will give us more opportunities to hear him sing.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2012, 5:52 pm

Oh, I agree there have been far less talented people than Chris on SNL. But some of those less talented people are a lot more well known than Chris.

I think SNL has had their share of "here today, gone tommorrow" celebrities hosting the show. It's debatable to me if at this point Chris Colfer would be less well known than some of the other celebrities the show has had in the past. They'v had some fairly obscure hosts through the years.

Pus sometimes prestige and awards cred give some celebrities the clout to host the show. "Mad Men" has a fraction of the audience that Glee does but due to it's Emmy haul and acclaim Jon Hamm has got to host SNL. How well known Jon Hamm is to the GA who don't have cable is open to debate. (Though I want to clarify I think that Jon is a very talented actor)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2012, 6:28 pm

TV Guide Magazine: You're pairing it with The X Factor, which makes sense on paper, and moving the show back to 9, a time period where creator Ryan Murphy always wanted it to stay.

Reilly: Eight o'clock is just by nature, particularly in spring, heavier lifting. We talked to Ryan a couple of years ago to go in and do a job for us, and when the show becomes more mature we'll try and protect it. And I think the show has gone from its burning-like-a-meteor phase to its phase where it's still a vibrant show that people loved and I think it got unfairly judged in some ways. One of the things I'm excited about for next year is that Ryan is really back on his toes. We'll essentially have a show-within-a-show where the graduation kids go to New York, and we'll follow their adventure in the Big Apple. But we're also going to have some new blood in Ohio. It's going to be a way to keep following people that you love and new ones, and having reunions where even some characters who left can come back.

But the show is still a big platform that people want to be a part of. We've closed a deal with Kate Hudson to do a seven-episode arc in the fall. She's going to play a teacher at a music academy. (Sarah Jessica Parker will also guest star next season.) The talent is still coming in to do what Gwyneth [Paltrow] did, and I think that's going to keep things sparkly, and this new direction is going to give it a renaissance. With the lead-in from our X Factor performance shows, I think Glee is going to go on a really nice run in its fourth and fifth seasons.
source

I'm excited for Kate Hudson being a teacher at NYADA, moreso than Sarah Jessica Parker. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/14/2012, 6:28 pm

I'm more excited for Sarah Jessica Parker.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/14/2012, 6:30 pm

Well, I'm meh about both of them, so ... suure
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/14/2012, 6:32 pm

Was this posted here :

A Tina/Rachel/Carmen scene from 3x20-3x21

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/23042624944/scene-from-props
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/14/2012, 6:34 pm

William Keck ‏ @KecksExclusives
Okay - here comes the #glee announcement. Two shows within a show. Ohio plus Big Apple - with SarahJessicaParker Kate Hudson and more 2come

FOX 6 Insider ‏ @FOX6Insider
#GLEE will feature a show-within-a-show next season. #FOXupfront

Jace Lacob ‏ @televisionary
#Glee next season will split its focus between Ohio and Manhattan. #upfronts #fox

Jason Lynch ‏ @jasonlynch
"There are more great names coming" to #Glee next season in addition to Kate Hudson and Sarah Jessica Parker. #FoxUpfront

Eric Goldman ‏ @EricIGN
So Glee will partially take place in New York next season with the graduates? Because that show needs to be even less focused.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 5/14/2012, 6:39 pm

i just thought about, what if someone of the cast had made a pic of chris as the jersey-shore girl and had posted it on his twitter. Like before we would know who would sing what at nationals,
and we would be all like 'oh no omg they have Kurt in drag just because Alex is also in drag and we will get a drag-off at nationals' 'i don't want that!' 'I do want it because he will finally get his solo'. 'But i hate that it's in drag' And all the spoiler-drama with it.

and then we would see the episode and it's just Kurt dressed up as the jersey-shore girl for a halloween flashback.

Ok, back to whatever you were talking about.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2012, 6:59 pm

tanita_mors wrote:Was this posted here :

A Tina/Rachel/Carmen scene from 3x20-3x21

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/23042624944/scene-from-props
There has been some speculation over on GF that Rachel will be given a solo at Nationals because they know that Carmen will be there, and this way Rachel will get another 'audition'.

If that's true I'm gonna be pissed, especially if you watch the scene where Sue is offering Kurt a solo at Nationals (in drag) to diva-off against Wade/Unique. Kurt will probably decline that offer because he doesn't want to be in drags, but these 2 spoilers combined are ticking me off.

What if Kurt gets that solo, and what if they change it to a solo for Rachel because of Carmen?
- First they tease us with the diva-off between Wade and Kurt, something we Kurtsies have hoped for, and we already know they won't give it to us. I swear RIB have read the KHAT.
- This is the 2nd time Kurt gets offered a solo at a competition but he still won't get to sing (remember Mr. Schue offering Kurt a solo right before Kurt leaves to Dalton?)
- Kurt will not get a solo at Nationals at all, we know this too, and that will be 3 years of nothing.
- Rachel in the end gets everything she wants, even when she flubbed her audition herself. And TBH: after the Prom-Queen-and-adoration-of-Rachel episode last week, I've had it with the Rachel worship.
- I doubt that if the roles were reversed and Kurt had been the one that flubbed his audition, and he would get a solo at Nationals to make up for that, the fandom would be so understanding. dryy

How is it possible that after a few weeks of really trying not to be so terribly pissed off about Kurt not singing at Nationals, they still find ways to piss me off again?
The writing is so offensive sometimes. They really don't know what they are doing, what consequences one storyline has for the other characters, do they?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2012, 7:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Plus Kurt studying at NYADA will give us more opportunities to hear him sing.
mm, I think being in NYADA will give the writers more opportunity to let him perform, IF they want to let him perform on screen at all. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2012, 8:28 pm

I don't see why both times they "offer" Kurt a chance to sing at a competition it's not a legit narrative arc. First they do it when he's transferring out of McKinley and now in the form of a "drag off" with Unique.

The contempt the writers have for the characters is awe-inspiring.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2012, 8:33 pm

exactly. the fact that kurt now has a season long arc w/ rachel doesn't mean they are singing duet all the time - well maybe they do off camera but who cares what they do off camera they could be fucking each other off camera and I wouldn't care.

the thing is, SJP has one episode w/ Kurt as his mentor. Rachel will have a 7 episode story w/ Kate Hudson. the NY arc will focus on Rachel w/ the other 2 guys as her sidekicks. but then I don't want to complain too much because having kurt on screen is better than nothing, and at least he won't be w blaine all teh time so I can ff all the hs parts.

the good thing is, w/o the choir room filming, work in the new season will be substantially less. I doubt there will be more than 2 days a week of filming for chirs, so he will have plenty of time doing other stuff.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/14/2012, 8:40 pm

actually, i think i red that SJP also has a multiple episode arc somewhere.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2012, 8:43 pm

fantastica wrote:

the good thing is, w/o the choir room filming, work in the new season will be substantially less. I doubt there will be more than 2 days a week of filming for chris, so he will have plenty of time doing other stuff.

My concern is that the split narrative will hurt the show and ratings. If most of the narrative focus is still in Ohio and the tired format of the McKinley Choir Room with the scintillating remaining characters it seems that the air will be sucked out of the room for most Glee episodes.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2012, 8:44 pm

ok good. but then, you know how they say one thing and then things change. maybe she will play blaine's mom instead, or tina's adoptive mom. or artie's aunt. or rachel's aunt. or Will's new love interests.

I think Kate Hudson is better off playing Emma's sister. they look like each other. Gloria Estefan look like Sugar's mom.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/15/2012, 3:49 am

I totally did not pick up on the fact that Kurt is the person on the left Shocked . Seriously. I saw this gif on CCN and was baffled, and kept wondering why they kept posting this gif of Darren with a sassy lady.

brisallie wrote: I guess he's Snooki humhum Well he's prettier than her lol and Where can I see this sketch? Razz

arina had posted the links in appreciation thread, but here it is:
http://waltzy.tumblr.com/post/23061666028/chris-on-vh1-part-one

There's a sneak peek clip in the interview which would explain why Kurt is dressed up as Snooki.

sjonnepon wrote:i just thought about, what if someone of the cast had made a pic of chris as the jersey-shore girl and had posted it on his twitter. Like before we would know who would sing what at nationals,
and we would be all like 'oh no omg they have Kurt in drag just because Alex is also in drag and we will get a drag-off at nationals' 'i don't want that!' 'I do want it because he will finally get his solo'. 'But i hate that it's in drag' And all the spoiler-drama with it.

and then we would see the episode and it's just Kurt dressed up as the jersey-shore girl for a halloween flashback.

Ok, back to whatever you were talking about.

That's exactly what will happen, I agree Smile

Quite a few of us were feeling very nervous about Kurt being stuck in Lima, after seeing spoiler pics where Rachel was on a train to NYC while everyone else was on the platform sending her off.

That's part of the fun of spoilers. You speculate the heck out of them. I normally just wait for the episode to come out, and keeping my expectations rock bottom, managed not to be too devastated or disappointed.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/15/2012, 4:54 am

fantastica wrote:
the thing is, SJP has one episode w/ Kurt as his mentor. Rachel will have a 7 episode story w/ Kate Hudson.

How do you know that Kate Hudson has 7 ep sory with Rachel? Is it stated in any of the interviews?

BTW , do kate hudson and SJP have broadway experience? I'd love them sing with Kurt and Rachel if they have great voices neutre

Here's Chris and Lea's extremely cute reaction towards the news of SJP and kate hudson guest starring on glee:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 Tumblr_m41f3bWiCy1qfcdl6o1_r1_500

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 Tumblr_m41f3bWiCy1qfcdl6o2_500

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/15/2012, 5:16 am

So from the video with Kristin, with Chris and Lea, it seems they Kurt and Rachel already have arcs for next season. And Rachel and Finn go in different directions.

I wonder if any of the other cast members know what's going on with their characters.

I like it that Ryan was planning to have Sarah Jessica Parker on the show. Wonder how long ago that was?

I did have a feeling Chris and Lea knew what was going on, and now we know they do.

Seasn 4 is looking more and more interesting.

I think this is a test to see who the audience and fans really want to see, New York narrative or McKinley. I know who I'd want to see all the time. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 4 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/15/2012, 5:18 am

^ same here! Razz NY all the way. no more ohio.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next