Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

+28
msjoanlucette
happydays
emilynna
ladydianab
Sani
Keyser
FunnyLady
opals
bayth
M&M
Buenos
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Divalicious
BlueJazz
Ranwing
Delight
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
32 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2012, 12:40 am

sjonnepon wrote:I don't really get why people would say that Blaine needs more character development and more storylines,

In the first episode that we saw him we knew that he was bullied out of his school, that he did everything about it and that he transferred to Dalton,
The next time we saw him we learned that he loves to read Voque, he preforms at Christmas gigs and he has coffeedates with some guy from a shop.
Next episode we have him question his sexuality, and the next when he's gay again he tells that he uses the internet 'learns' how to gaysex and how a bad father he has because his dad wants to spent time with him and fix a car. (oh the blangst)
He tells how he was once beaten up after a dance at school, and in that episode he learned how to overcome those fears.
In season 3 he had storylines about WSS, his virginity, the 'fight' between him and finn, his insecurity about Kurt in NY, and that episode with his brother.

Darren had with SLS, BIOTA, Sexy, TFT, HOT16, BB, and whatever episode i forgot enough screentime and storylines to show us what he can and i have seen enough.

You just made me think about this I agree with you.

Blaine has been developed, but I do think a lot has been retconned. If we get his father, I'll bet that he accepts Blaine and always has. For all we know as Blaine does seems quite a naive character he could have been reading something into it about his father that he assumed incorrect.

I do think Cooper is their dad's favourite.

I don't think his pass bullying storyline or the Sadie Hawkins Dance story has been retconned, because he took up boxing probably because of it.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  fantastica 8/19/2012, 12:53 am

ok, it's not like blaine hasn't been developed at all. he's badly developed - bad enough that some of us don't like him. but his constant singing definitely gives an impression that he sings all the time (especially many unnecessary and unrelated songs) but doens't get much development. I just want to shut my ears and eyes to him. well, I wish I can shut out the whole show....
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/19/2012, 12:55 am

ColferInspired wrote:I don't think his pass bullying storyline or the Sadie Hawkins Dance story has been retconned, because he took up boxing probably because of it.

not everything is retconned. but twice retconned and the reputation sticks. oh, he can box with a box of boxer shorts all he wants and i ain't watchin'. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2012, 1:08 am

fantastica wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I don't think his pass bullying storyline or the Sadie Hawkins Dance story has been retconned, because he took up boxing probably because of it.

not everything is retconned. but twice retconned and the reputation sticks. oh, he can box with a box of boxer shorts all he wants and i ain't watchin'. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 650269930

Same here. If Kurt is no longer with Blaine, I can just ignore Blaine all together.

I would rather see Kurt/Chris in boxer shorts. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 2652883923 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 4080497794
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/19/2012, 1:54 am

kurt will never wear boxer shorts. it's too baggy for his usually super tight pants! bikini brief maybe.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2012, 2:22 am

fantastica wrote:kurt will never wear boxer shorts. it's too baggy for his usually super tight pants! bikini brief maybe.

I was thinking of the tight ones that some of the UFC fighters wear.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpeVtPYSdsbPrJcEjwANnz0jYzpSaLduNjp7OlFLg5zWSEVlcN
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/19/2012, 4:44 am

^ that's NOT underwear. that's atheletic shorts! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/19/2012, 6:08 am

I'm leaving this with "no comment".

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 Tumblr_m8z4kzBbgC1qj8dg6o1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 Tumblr_m8z4kzBbgC1qj8dg6o2_500
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/19/2012, 6:22 am

Sometimes I wonder if RM twitters just because with Lea out of New Directions/McKinely storylines it's a transparent way for Ryan to leak spoilers and still retain control.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2012, 7:59 am

fantastica wrote:^ that's NOT underwear. that's atheletic shorts! Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 650269930

I thought you meant boxer shorts as in the kind that boxers wear. I should have realised when you put briefs. My mind was on other things at that moment. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 1277631452

I was distracted and forgot what you put down. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 3429310274
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/19/2012, 8:02 am

tanita_mors wrote:I'm leaving this with "no comment".

That costume looks ridiculous on him. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 4029858209
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/19/2012, 8:30 am

M&M wrote:The dialogue on this show is clunkier than most and it is up to each actor to make it better than it is. Of the gleeks, Lea, Chris, and Cory are great at this (with the occasional awkward moment), Naya is pretty good at this and everyone else is mediocre to floundering. This doesn't mean they don't have their own talents and don't have moments where they shine, this is just my own observation.

I'm also of the opinion that the writing on Glee for the most part is so bad that the actor/actress is relied heavily to 'save' their character. It's really obvious when the less capable actor/actress is only capable of reciting their lines and mechanically follow the script to the letter. There's already hardly any continuity in the writing. If the person playing the character doesn't make an effort to keep the character consistent, the end product would just be a mess.

ColferGirl wrote:
But, I so badly want Kurt to be free from Klaine that I personally would sacrifice a few storylines to Blaine-centricity if it meant Kurt would be released from him at last. (I don't want Kurt to be doomed without ever getting the chance to be loved and admired by someone else, someone who likes and pursues him first unsure )

I also want Kurt to be free from Klaine, but I doubt the writers would make the break up permanent. A temporary separation wouldn't satisfy me because the writers have the tendency to resolve Klaine conflict in the most frustrating and unsatisfactory ways (In TFT, Kurt had to apologize first and say how proud he is of Blaine; in DWS, Kurt had to sing 'I have Nothing' in response to INRBIO, and promise to change after getting criticized by Blaine in Emma's office). I'm tired of seeing Kurt the character being diminished by his romantic relationship. I really want independent Kurt back.

Glorfindel wrote:
Okay mods, you may now ban me for making fun of Chris. suure

No banning warranted in this instance. You'll just be under probation for a while Smile

sjonnepon wrote:
Darren had with SLS, BIOTA, Sexy, TFT, HOT16, BB, and whatever episode i forgot enough screentime and storylines to show us what he can and i have seen enough.

Yes, Darren and the writers have been given more than one and a half seasons to develop Blaine. I'm not convinced that giving Blaine more screentime and storylines would salvage the situation. What they need to do is scale back the amount of exposure Blaine gets on this show, like what they did with him in 'Choke'. However, if the spoilers so far are any indication, I believe the exact opposite is happening.

My 'glass half full' response is: Thank goodness RM decided to subject Darren, and not Chris, to this bucket load of cringe-worthy embarrassment. suure
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 8/19/2012, 9:11 am

LOL. That costume is ridiculous. ptdr Are they doing Halloween episode or something? because why else would they dress Blaine like that...
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 8/19/2012, 9:59 am

And batman!Kurt?

Spoiler:
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/19/2012, 10:13 am

That is one weird costume: a little bit of Peter Pan mixed with Robin and then those Catwoman ears?!

@zuppid: Batman Kurt would probably mean leather clad Chris. I don't know if it's a must in Glee world to stuff Kurt/Chris into leather at least once a season. Laughing But a big YES to that suggestion.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/19/2012, 10:18 am

ColferInspired wrote:

That costume looks ridiculous on him. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 4029858209
To be fair: that costume would look ridiculous on almost everyone. ptdr
(except Chris of course suure)

Delight wrote:I'm also of the opinion that the writing on Glee for the most part is so bad that the actor/actress is relied heavily to 'save' their character. It's really obvious when the less capable actor/actress is only capable of reciting their lines and mechanically follow the script to the letter. There's already hardly any continuity in the writing. If the person playing the character doesn't make an effort to keep the character consistent, the end product would just be a mess.
And that's why characters like Blaine don't 'stick' the way some other characters do. The writing is too incoherent and when the actor cannot keep the character together any possible development they get still makes no difference, as it all goes blowing in the wind.
That's the strength of Kurt, Finn, Rachel, Sue and I'd even say Artie, Will and Emma (still haven't made up my mind about Santana/Naya on this). They have strong actors (in varied degrees) to keep their characters together, even when they hardly get any development or careful writing devoted to them, and when sometimes they even get very bad OOC plots. I still believe who they are: they have an outline, an inner core and a (remembered) history that shapes them.
The others just..... exist in the moment.

I also want Kurt to be free from Klaine, but I doubt the writers would make the break up permanent. A temporary separation wouldn't satisfy me because the writers have the tendency to resolve Klaine conflict in the most frustrating and unsatisfactory ways (In TFT, Kurt had to apologize first and say how proud he is of Blaine; in DWS, Kurt had to sing 'I have Nothing' in response to INRBIO, and promise to change after getting criticized by Blaine in Emma's office). I'm tired of seeing Kurt the character being diminished by his romantic relationship. I really want independent Kurt back.
banzai ^This.

Glorfindel wrote:
Okay mods, you may now ban me for making fun of Chris. suure

No banning warranted in this instance. You'll just be under probation for a while Smile
Oh my, thank you!
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 Tumblr_m3mif4nMXb1qcpsrlo4_250

I'll be good from now on. Promise. angellic
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/19/2012, 10:35 am

It's most likely Chord in the Batman suit actually. There were some tweets of his that mention him, Darren and the director of the episode.

There is also some speculation that it's part of Sam's bid from class president with Blaine as vice-president, or the other way around. Knowing that in that case there is no way that Teenage Dream won't win, which would make him better compered to Kurt yet again.

I hope to God people are way off on the spec, because otherwise, shit is gonna hit the fan. I've had it with "anything Kurt can do, Blaine can do better".
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 8/19/2012, 10:44 am

tanita_mors wrote:It's most likely Chord in the Batman suit actually. There were some tweets of his that mention him, I hope to God people are way off on the spec, because otherwise, shit is gonna hit the fan. I've had it with "anything Kurt can do, Blaine can do better".
I would be SO pissed dryy
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/19/2012, 11:40 am

Oh dear Lord, I hadn't thought of that.
That would really piss me off too. :angry:

It would be chapter #358 of how Glee manages to screw things up in comparisons between Kurt and Blaine, or Kurt and Rachel, or Kurt and anyone else that breathes on Glee. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 8/19/2012, 1:24 pm

Count me in as another person who will RAGE if that happens. :angry:

Unfortunately, beyond just the tweets, Tumblr CSI has discovered that there's a poster toward the right of the Robin!Blaine pic that features Batman and Robin on it...giving some credibility to the president-vice president speculation, as opposed to a Halloween one.

I really hope we're wrong and it's just Halloween....I'd love to see a Halloween episode, and get to see everyone in fun costumes (Kurt and Rachel hopefully included!!). Anything is better than almighty Blaine winning something Kurt wanted and struggled for - again. Evil or Very Mad
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/19/2012, 1:53 pm

I won't rage if they win, and you know why? Because Kurt lost to a girl in a tiny skirt who had sex with any living creature that cared to have her. Who, in the real HS world, would win against that? I remember hoping that the school would rise above their single organism vileness, but this is McKinley, the new Hellmouth. If you aren't in Glee Club, you are an angry, malicious germ (see Prom episode from season 2). They deserve mindless leadership, and that is what they got. Perhaps running for class president will make Blaine desire to go into politics, instead of singing, because if NYADA still exists in season 5 (which I really think it won't) and Blaine gets in, that I will save my rage for, rage in spades Twisted Evil

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  FunnyLady 8/19/2012, 3:27 pm

Divalicious wrote:I won't rage if they win, and you know why? Because Kurt lost to a girl in a tiny skirt who had sex with any living creature that cared to have her. Who, in the real HS world, would win against that? I remember hoping that the school would rise above their single organism vileness, but this is McKinley, the new Hellmouth. If you aren't in Glee Club, you are an angry, malicious germ (see Prom episode from season 2). They deserve mindless leadership, and that is what they got. Perhaps running for class president will make Blaine desire to go into politics, instead of singing, because if NYADA still exists in season 5 (which I really think it won't) and Blaine gets in, that I will save my rage for, rage in spades Twisted Evil

I must agree with every single word. I still didn´t go over the fact that Rachel got in NYADA a Kurt didn´t. If there would be such a storyline and Blaine gets in, it probably kills me :angry:
BTW - season 5 ?? Did I miss something? Is it just a rumor or confirmed information?
FunnyLady
FunnyLady
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/19/2012, 3:34 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
There is also some speculation that it's part of Sam's bid from class president with Blaine as vice-president, or the other way around. Knowing that in that case there is no way that Teenage Dream won't win, which would make him better compered to Kurt yet again.

I hope to God people are way off on the spec, because otherwise, shit is gonna hit the fan. I've had it with "anything Kurt can do, Blaine can do better".

excuse me I need to chop some wood... tronco tronco tronco (sorry Kac)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/19/2012, 3:42 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 17 Tumblr_m90k79ibnB1qmahjuo1_500

Apparently it's some kind of superhero sidekick club. It's like a huge stone fell of my chest. If it's cracktastic as it can be, I could love that little plot. I love superheroes. blushh
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/19/2012, 3:48 pm

... uhhh, going off to chop some tomatoes for salsa! Razz

I bet it's a short lived thing just to enable blaine to sing a song or two. oh and of course to dress some guys in skin tight lycra outfits. I mean if they can't get completely butt naked, mind as well wear their underwear outside. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next