Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

+28
msjoanlucette
happydays
emilynna
ladydianab
Sani
Keyser
FunnyLady
opals
bayth
M&M
Buenos
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Divalicious
BlueJazz
Ranwing
Delight
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
32 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 35 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  ColferInspired 9/6/2012, 6:39 am

Glorfindel wrote:I'm still preparing my reaction to the new songs for GF (inbetween work), and I'll probably tone it down before I post it there, but this is my first draft:

You know you’re not part of the targeted audience group anymore when you have to turn off 3 out of the 5 songs halfway through when listening to them. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 35 4029858209
First: I don’t like these sort of fluff pop songs, but that’s just my ‘problem’, but second: these songs sound lifeless. It’s a combination of bad music arrangements (mostly due to bad original music), meaningless lyrics, and not sparkling performances.
Oh, and there’s too much autotune (especially noticeable on the Britney songs). Please Glee: stop with that. If the singers can’t nail the songs, then either don’t do these songs, or give the singer more time to practice and prepare (or how about sharing the work load of singing songs with the other cast members?).

- Americano/Dance again – Cassandra:
For a supposed to be very energetic song, this song is not doing it for me. It is sung in a very flat tone, bad Spanish, and I feel no sparks at all.
Kate Hudson is not a bad singer, but her voice seems too old for this sort of disco song. And that’s not age related, because i.e. Kristin Chenoweth can sound very young and playful. Kate Hudson’s voice is ‘syrupe’/’sluggish’, and imo it’s not suitable for this type of music. It feels like she has to try too hard to be hip.

If this is a foretaste of what’s to expect from the enforced strategy of Fox to sing more top 40 songs in Glee; if this is the result of how it sounds like when you oblige e.g. your Broadway singers to fit this very tight teen pop song mould they want most of the songs on Glee to be….. then you lose quality in song.
Not because the original songs themselves are bad compared to other possible songs, and not because the singers are bad (because they’re certainly not), but because matching voices to song styles is part of the craft of making good music, a part Glee ignores most of the time.

- Call Me Maybe – Unique+Blaine+Tina+Brittany:
Don’t like the original (overkill this summer), but this is a fun rendition. I like the girls a lot (including Unique), especially the harmonies. I like Blaine in some parts (the harmonies) and he sings alright, but imo his voice doesn’t fit in the overall mix: maybe they should have added another male voice to balance the soundmix out a bit more.
Fun groupnumber, but nothing like the groupnumbers of the earlier seasons.

- It’s Time – Blaine:
My favorite song of these 5 (yes, Blaine fans: I call it when I think it’s deserved). The song fits Darren’s voice: this is a good song style for him.
It’s sung with the right amount of emotion and ‘enthusiasm’: no over-shouting, good control of voice and expression, plus nice little runs.
(For this board only: they lowered the key for him, you know: the tenor of the group?)

Okay, before we get to the Britney songs, let me say this: I don’t like Britney Spear’s music. I kinda like the first Britney tribute, because they mostly chose the better songs and the right singers. But there’s just not enough quality songs in her repertoire for a 2nd tribute, imo. So, despite the best efforts of the cast and music directors, I’m not that enthusiastic about Britney 2.0.

- Boys/Boyfriend – Artie+Blaine:
Mashing Britney songs with other artists’ songs might help improve the quality, but a Justin Bieber song is not the right way to go, imo. Rolling Eyes
I couldn’t get past 30 seconds in this song. I love Artie, but even that couldn’t prevent me from turning it off. Also: Blaine rapping and repeatedly singing “You can be my girlfriend” ….. just no.

- Gimme More – Brittany:
Heather may be a limited singer, but she rocks Britney songs. In this niche she is good: her voice just fits. I really enjoyed her earlier Britney songs, and although I don’t like this particular song itself, I have to compliment Heather for it. I like her little high register runs in ‘Gimme More’.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and Kurt just has to sing Mika's Grace Kelly. If they give that song to someone else I'll cut a bitch.
And if they give it to Unique I'll need this: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 35 280107017

Maybe people should start tweeting Ryan to suggest Chris sings this.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 35 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  tanita_mors 9/6/2012, 6:42 am

glee is one of those rare shows that if everything fits into it's place, it couldn't be great, but exceptional. unfortunate, those exceptional moments are few and far between these days. i think most of us watch if for the promise of what it could be rather then the reality of what it really is.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/6/2012, 6:45 am

^Exactly (more mind-melting). iagree
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/6/2012, 7:01 am

tanita_mors wrote:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 35 Tumblr_m9wov3ob6E1qemzi7o1_500
Moulin Rouge songs could be great on Glee (hoping for the Elephant Love Medley and the Tango de Roxanne). neutre

I only fear 'Come What May' if RIB give in to fan pressure and give that song to Klaine. I really don't think that song could work for them. The 'Elephant Love Medley' suits Chris' and Darren's voices much better.
Leave 'Come What May' to another couple.

Kurt/Hummelberry would be great in 'Spectacular, Spectacular',.... or 'Your Song'. Smile

So we won't get that, I bet. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/6/2012, 7:21 am

oh boy!The spinning is hilarious! Razz Razz Razz Razz

He looks goregeous wub
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/6/2012, 7:54 am

I love the Elephant Love Medley, Your Song and Roxanne. Also, One Day I'll Fly Away (it's probably the most beautiful solo in the movie - better then Your Song IMO. Nicole isn't the best singer , but the emotion in it is just seeping everywhere. So haunting) and Sparkling Diamonds and I think there is a version of The Show Must Go On it the movie as well - love that song (probably my favorite Queen sing). Don't get me wrong, I love Come What May as well - but the male lead get about 70 % of the song and I just know that if Klaine sing it, Darren will be doing that part for sure -> do not want :angry:

One Day I'll Fly Away is the perfect song for Kurts current situation.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/6/2012, 8:33 am

^Yes, I love 'One Day I'll Fly Away' too, although I love its original a lot more. I'm not that fond of Nicole Kidman's singing voice, but I agree that she sold the emotion very well.
And that song would make a great Kurt solo, but I fear the usual backlash if he would sing it.

I really think RM will give the Klainers 'Come What May', and as you said: 70% is male lead, and the 30% of the 'female' part is too high for the Klaine dynamic. I think Chris is absolutely wonderful in singing girl songs, but not in a duet with Blaine: there's not enough support from Darren and it just sounds 'off', imo.

'The Show Must Go On' in Moulin Rouge was perfection: very theatrical, opera-ish. If there is a Moulin Rouge song for Kurt to pick, this would be my favorite (I didn't consider it earlier because it's not on the album of the movie). It's one of my most beloved Queen songs ever, and the melancholic but resilient (I'm really starting to hate that word :angry:) feeling of that song would fit Kurt. And of course: only Chris could nail those emotions. I would cry many ugly tears if this came true.

But I can't think of this, because I know I will be disappointed. crycry
I hate RIB.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 9/6/2012, 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/6/2012, 8:35 am

Glorfindel wrote:...

I only wish I wouldn't want to taste a good soufflee so badly. :(
Meaning: I still have (too many) feelings for this show because I know how good it would be if they prepared the dish right, as they have done so in the past.

I'm agree with this paragraph because I feel the same. I know I mentioned before that lately I haven't been so worried about Glee but I have been followed this series since season one, so I think all of us who have followed it from a long time we know this show can do something quite good if it works seriously on it.

And are they thinking to do Moulin Rouge :D One of my favorite song ever is Tango of Roxanne wub Who could sing that Marie?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/6/2012, 8:42 am

brisallie wrote:And are they thinking to do Moulin Rouge :D One of my favorite song ever is Tango of Roxanne wub Who could sing that Marie?
Noone.

Any of the guys could sing the Ewan McGregor part (of course I would prefer Chris), but the main vocals? Noone.
The original is an unique, one time, lucky strike.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/6/2012, 8:47 am

^
First let me dream that Chris is singing Ewan part Smile...dreaming...dreaming... ok back to the reality there's not even someone who's slightly close to the main vocals?

So that it means the song it won't be covered on Glee. Wait its Glee, they will find the way if they want.

...Anyway thanks for reminds me why I love this song!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/6/2012, 9:40 am

maybe matt morrison ??? the MR version is very gruff and growlly, and the original was Sting while he was in Police - right.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/6/2012, 9:44 am

Dame Loli wrote:Funnily enough, i've never watch glee for the music. I don't care much about the musical number and often skip them when they offer nothing to the stories.

I do the same as well. I fast-forwarded through a lot of song performances in Season3.

brisallie wrote:
Ryan Murphy ‏@MrRPMurphy
@Gleemockingjay1 I love Mika and I want to do the Grace Kelly song. Who should sing it?

C'mon how does he dare to ask that? dryy Kurt and only Kurt!!! He's the boy to sing that song.

I don't wish to be a wet towel, but... Remember that Bee Gees tribute episode?

Yup, still bitter.

Didn't listen to any of the FLF songs except 'Call me Maybe' (because it was the only song I recognized). Still prefer the original version. I'm with Glorfindel in the opinion that adding Blaine into the mix did nothing to enhance the song.

Glorfindel wrote:
If this is the standard of songs in season 4, and you add that to me not being interested at all in the characters' storylines (besides of Kurt's), then Glee falls flat like a badly prepared soufflee: you let the air inbetween escape and you're left with a tasteless clump of ingredients. Everything needed to create something good is there, but it is not handled right when mixing it together, and therefore it doesn't work.

Mediocre writing. Mediocre actors. Now we add mediocre songs into that recipe for disaster. Why am I getting the feeling that TPTB behind Glee aren't trying very hard to save this sinking ship? Or are they actually so delusional as to think that they can ride on the fierce loyalty and goodwill of its fans (towards the cast) forever? They churn out bland stories and bland songs and expect the audience to lap it up with enthusiasm.

Hmm... that turned out to be a lot more snarky than I intended. ooppss
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/6/2012, 10:03 am

tanita_mors wrote:maybe matt morrison ??? the MR version is very gruff and growlly, and the original was Sting while he was in Police - right.
I was thinking of Matt as well (almost wrote it in my previous post), but he would have to be 'in character' for that, not just simple Mr. Schue. If they would do Moulin Rouge as the school musical and Mr. Schue would 'perform' the tango (or how they did 'It's All Over'), then yes, maybe.

They could also go the Sting route with Roxanne (and Matt has already done Sting on the show), but that would ruin the spectacular tango bit of it. That song is magical because of the theatrical way they used it in the movie: the tango, the hotness, the roughness, the despair.
I really, really love that song, but it will be hell to cover in an acceptable way.

-ETA-: The Groff (Jesse) could do it.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/6/2012, 10:27 am

The question I asked a few pages back has been answered. Why Cassandra picks on Rachel:
"Cassandra is bitter, drinks, is highly negative and loves to pick on Rachel. My character ruined her [own] career on Broadway and sees a talent in Rachel that she envies."
source
vomir
I'm so not here for that storyline. vomit2
They will never let Rachel eat some humble pie, as she really, really needs.

BTW, nothing in this article on Kurt. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 9/6/2012, 10:43 am

Glorfindel wrote:The question I asked a few pages back has been answered. Why Cassandra picks on Rachel:
"Cassandra is bitter, drinks, is highly negative and loves to pick on Rachel. My character ruined her [own] career on Broadway and sees a talent in Rachel that she envies."
source
Why am I not surprised...
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/6/2012, 11:46 am

Again, standard operating procedure for Glee - blunt any possible legidimate critique of Rachel's abilities by making her detractor evil/jealous/etc. They've been doing this since the pilot, so I'm not surprised that they're pulling it again.

The problem is that while Rachel might in canon be a decent dancer, in RL Lea Michelle was one of the poorest dancers on the show. There's a reason why every single one of her vocal performances is either park and bark, or her pacing about the stage with the simplest choreography possible. It might have been interesting to finally see a flaw in Rachel's abilities - something that she genuinely isn't that good at in comparrison with others and something that she needs to work on. But by making Cassandra a mean drunk who hates Rachel because she's jealous of Rachel's abilities, they are immediately canceling out whatever legidimate issues we can have with Rachel's abilities.

And I'm really wondering why Cassandra is picking out Rachel, of all the girls in the freshman class, for this treatment. What is is that is singling Rachel out. Going by this spoiler, it's that Rachel is so good that likely Cassandra wants to knock her down a few pegs. Unfortunately what I saw in the clip of the scene, she was correct in picking out Rachel as the weakest dancer. Shesh... this show.... beam

Glorifindel wrote:BTW, nothing in this article on Kurt.

Of course not. Because that would detract away from The Rachel Berry Show. I'm trying to hold onto hope that the reason that they're keeping Kurt's story under wraps is because they've got something really interesting lined up for him. Allow me to keep my delusions for just a little bit longer. hapitgh
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/6/2012, 11:49 am

tanita_mors wrote:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 35 Tumblr_m9wshx8lkV1qhyhrso1_1280

Apparently at least some of them were wearing these basic white tees I'm wondering what kind of posters are we going to get from those photos. Yummy, no doubt. It's just getting too hard and dizzy for my imagination and mind getting all these fabulous stuff from Chris/Kurt.

Glorfindel wrote:Oh, and Kurt just has to sing Mika's Grace Kelly. If they give that song to someone else I'll cut a bitch.
And if they give it to Unique I'll need this: tronco

Instead of listening to Glee songs I dug up my Mika from the achives. I'm beginning to doubt whether I'd want Glee doing him at all because the failure rate is so big recently and I love Mika. Hopefully he will not release rights? I'm just wondering do the artist or right holders, especially if they are "gleeks", have any say on who they'd wish to sing their songs. That would be amazing. Some of Mika's songs could be done as big group numbers but I don't know...I do not trust them. Just like I've hated all the renditions they've done from Florence and the Machine because I like her as well. I suppose it's just stubborness to accept new versions.

And as some pointed out Mika goes quite low as well I wonder could Unique/Alex cope with the range.
@Glorifindel: What is Mika's official range? He does sometimes sound quite leaky at the top of the range.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/6/2012, 11:57 am

valkeakuulas wrote:@Glorifindel: What is Mika's official range? He does sometimes sound quite leaky at the top of the range.
Oy, I don't really know. blinkk
Out of the top of my head: I think he's a tenor with falsetto benefits. His falsetto is good, but not as trained as a real countertenor, like Chris.

I agree that Mika probably sings too low for Unique (luckily). The only other Clee cast member I can think of singing 'Grace Kelly' would be Kevin, but I don't think it suits him. I've seen someone mention Jenna (on another forum), but no: she's not powerful enough (voicewise and emotionally) to pull it off.

Oh, if they do Grace Kelly and don't give it to Kurt..... then I might need to go to the animal shelter to pick up a kitten. bih
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/6/2012, 1:12 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

Oh, if they do Grace Kelly and don't give it to Kurt..... then I might need to go to the animal shelter to pick up a kitten. bih
are you planing to give it to rib and then one day secretly sneak into their homes and punch them all in the face. if so, i approve iagree , and then i want that kitty for myself.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  zuppid 9/6/2012, 2:12 pm

I want him to sing that song since forevah! wub

But after the Kurt-less disco episode I prefer to keep my hopes down :(
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/6/2012, 2:15 pm

Marie, be prepared to pick up that cute kitten, and send her to me. Razz meanwhile, rage. just like BeeGees, he ain't gonna sing Mika. Be prepared for blaine to sing it instead, just like he has a BG solo. yeah, I am ulltra bitter.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/6/2012, 2:31 pm

I don't even care about disco (unless it's glorious ABBA), but it's the principle of things. You have songs where falsetto is essential. And what you do - give the songs to all the singers except the one who has the best falsetto and voice for it. Glee logic sw022
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  FunnyLady 9/6/2012, 4:44 pm

fantastica wrote:Marie, be prepared to pick up that cute kitten, and send her to me. Razz meanwhile, rage. just like BeeGees, he ain't gonna sing Mika. Be prepared for blaine to sing it instead, just like he has a BG solo. yeah, I am ulltra bitter.

Do you know this for sure? Or it´s just your prediction.
FunnyLady
FunnyLady
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/6/2012, 4:47 pm

It is hard holding out hope that the Glee Gods decide to give Kurt a song, and by himself, after all the seasons of giving them to the same people 80% of the time. I just pulled that number out of a hat, so don't be asking me about my evidence neutre

Grace Kelly is absolutely perfect for Kurt, suited to his voice, suited to his storyline of effeminophobia, suited in every way. Which means someone else will sing it, with BeeGee episode logic. They let everyone else stretch their normal ranges and style, but usually leave Kurt to girl Broadway songs. Not that I don't love them, I just hate that they continue to put Kurt in a box, when he seems to be so very versatile.

Of course, I have the small voice of hope, irritating little critter that it is, continuing to tell me that Kurt will get this song, he will blow it out of the water, and it will be a performance that we will file in our little Kurtsie hearts right next to Rose's Turn. I'm telling hope to go stand in the corner now, because pessimism is talking in the other ear, and it is louder, and has more evidence to back it up.

I am already composing my twitter of anger, when anyone other than Kurt is announced to have this song, because I have been dreaming of this since I saw a flawless YouTube video in the first season using this song. Still my favorite fan made video of Kurt

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/6/2012, 5:01 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 35 A2IVkLCCIAAthnA

Media has screeners of the premier apparently

Kath Skerry (GMMR) ‏@gmmrtv
The #GLEE season premiere is here! No big spoilers, but I don't mind teasing a bit. What would you like to know? Tweet me Q's by 5pm EST.

damianholbrook ‏@TVGMDamian
now on to the @GLEEonFOX season premiere.

Lesley Goldberg ‏@Snoodit
Now screening the #Glee S4 premiere!

gay jacobs ‏@gjacobs228
@TVGMDamian other than rachel wearing heels and kate's abs being sick (after having a kid...bitch), how's the premiere?

damianholbrook ‏@TVGMDamian
@gjacobs228 very good.

@TVGMDamian The new characters are good? They sing well? #Glee

damianholbrook ‏@TVGMDamian @SoniaGL16 they're good for first ep intros. the new Quinn is fun.

Grandma Yetta ‏@yettafine @TVGMDamian What'd you think of Chasing Pavements?

@yettafine it's pleasant but not a huge showstopper. but what it's used to tell is very satisfying.
Hope that Chasing Pavements may relate to Kurt somehow - scenes of him leaving Lima.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 35 Tumblr_m9y0kuqPhA1r4ezfzo1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 35 Tumblr_m9y0nhxHnC1rojy6eo1_500
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next