Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

+22
Divalicious
Delight
Kurt Hummel
bayth
valkeakuulas
Adamina
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
Piciollina
ColferInspired
arina
sheny
fantastica
Lottie2303
Ireth
AnneNeville
opals
Ranwing
TimF
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
tanita_mors
26 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 5/3/2013, 9:29 am

I missed the show last night because I was at a baseball game in Canada. Won't get to watch until I get home on Sunday.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  AnneNeville 5/3/2013, 10:47 am

Still haven't watched the episode, but I'm gathering from tumblr that my fanfiction guess about the dynamic of the Lima Bean scene was pretty close to correct: Kurt fussing with sugar because he was anxiously awaiting news about his father, Blaine being creepily focused on romance despite that fact? (Perhaps right down to being annoyed that Kurt was playing with the sugar?)

Did they actually say that Kurt had OCD? Because I'm seeing people on tumblr complain that Kurt's being pathologized so Blaine can save him. I can't say I find obsessing over small things (like packets of sugar) to be odd when under the stress of finding out if your father is in remission or not.

Maybe that's just me. But it sounds like good acting/directing and no more, unless he's been explicitly described as having OCD (and not insultingly teased about being anxious and fretful).

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/3/2013, 10:53 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I missed the show last night because I was at a baseball game in Canada. Won't get to watch until I get home on Sunday.

Aren't you able to watch the episode from where are you staying? Probably download the episode. (though by other side I think you should enjoy your time there and forget Glee)

I'm waiting for the subs to give a proper opinion. But overall is the first time I like McKenley and I bet is because Kurt, Mike and Mercedes brought something different to the school. And by other side, I think Rachel can't carry on NY plot only by her own.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/3/2013, 11:12 am

AnneNeville wrote:Did they actually say that Kurt had OCD? Because I'm seeing people on tumblr complain that Kurt's being pathologized so Blaine can save him. I can't say I find obsessing over small things (like packets of sugar) to be odd when under the stress of finding out if your father is in remission or not.

Not technically, but he had developed those little rituals and things for good luck to keep him sane and let him process the stress. I work with cancer patients and I see stuff like this all the time. I have one patient who has one pair of socks that he insists on wearing for his chemo treatments, and another woman who has a pin that she wears whenever she comes in for a bone marrow biopsy (we use that to evaluate the status of her disease). If it helps keep them calm and happy, it's not a bad thing and I think that now that the pressure has been lifted and Burt's got a clean bill of health, Kurt will calm down and the tics will go away. I don't think he's going to want to live in light blue socks for the rest of his life (though it looks like he bought enough to last him through the next ice age).

I was really fascinated watching him during the Lima Bean scene. It was obvious that he was extremely anxious and needed something to play with to release that energy. I can sympathize because I'm incapable of sitting still for any length of time without having something in my hands to fiddle with. But he seemed to be using them to create a barrier between himself and Blaine. While he wasn’t meeting Blaine’s eyes and seemed focused on making his little wall of sugar packets, he was still paying attention to the conversation around him and was an active participant (at least as far as talking to Mike and Mercedes went). Blaine clearly saw that something was wrong with Kurt, but I did find it creepy in the extreme that he seemed to be using Kurt’s distress as a way to weasel himself back into Kurt’s good graces. And I did not miss at how Kurt tried to pull his hand away when Blaine grabbed it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/3/2013, 11:22 am

Kurt really used the word OCD to describe his behavior in the beginning of his voice-over.

I don't think Blaine was annoyed because Kurt was playing with the sugar. He actually looked concerned.

I know for a lot of Kurtsies Blaine is the bad guy in this story. I don't like the guy either
he annoys me most of the time, but some of the comments I've read about him are really harsh. He is not a monster or the devil himself.

Last edited by sheny on 5/3/2013, 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/3/2013, 11:27 am

Ranwing wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:Did they actually say that Kurt had OCD? Because I'm seeing people on tumblr complain that Kurt's being pathologized so Blaine can save him. I can't say I find obsessing over small things (like packets of sugar) to be odd when under the stress of finding out if your father is in remission or not.

Not technically, but he had developed those little rituals and things for good luck to keep him sane and let him process the stress. I work with cancer patients and I see stuff like this all the time. I have one patient who has one pair of socks that he insists on wearing for his chemo treatments, and another woman who has a pin that she wears whenever she comes in for a bone marrow biopsy (we use that to evaluate the status of her disease). If it helps keep them calm and happy, it's not a bad thing and I think that now that the pressure has been lifted and Burt's got a clean bill of health, Kurt will calm down and the tics will go away. I don't think he's going to want to live in light blue socks for the rest of his life (though it looks like he bought enough to last him through the next ice age).

I was really fascinated watching him during the Lima Bean scene. It was obvious that he was extremely anxious and needed something to play with to release that energy. I can sympathize because I'm incapable of sitting still for any length of time without having something in my hands to fiddle with. But he seemed to be using them to create a barrier between himself and Blaine. While he wasn’t meeting Blaine’s eyes and seemed focused on making his little wall of sugar packets, he was still paying attention to the conversation around him and was an active participant (at least as far as talking to Mike and Mercedes went). Blaine clearly saw that something was wrong with Kurt, but I did find it creepy in the extreme that he seemed to be using Kurt’s distress as a way to weasel himself back into Kurt’s good graces. And I did not miss at how Kurt tried to pull his hand away when Blaine grabbed it.

Well, bravo to Chris Colfer. Again. The little gifs I've seen make me almost want to watch. But . . . I'd need to watch the Burt/Blaine scene, too, for context. (And I won't ask anyone to type that out--I'm thinking it would lead to way too much puking and hair-holding).

When my dad was dying of cancer, I didn't develop these tics and rituals, but then again--we knew it was terminal from the time he was diagnosed. There were only two things we could hope for: that a treatment would give him a few more good months (that did happen), and then that something would happen so he'd die faster and suffer less (that didn't happen).

So glad they're not killing Burt in order to push Klaine. I wish Burt many years of old people sex with Carole.

I take it that giving Chris more screentime has simply made it more clear that Chris Colfer is better than this show has become. And that he's getting stuck in the background for fear of overshadowing the others.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/3/2013, 11:31 am

sheny wrote:Kurt really used the word OCD to describe his behavior in the beginning of his voice.

I don't think Blaine was annoyed because Kurt was playing with the sugar. He actually looked concerned.
I know for a lot of Kurtsies Blaine is the bad guy in this story. I don't like the guy either
he annoys me most of the time, but some of the comments I've read about him are really harsh. He is not a monster or the devil himself.

Ahhh. Well, self-diagnosed OCD isn't going so far as to "pathologize" Kurt so Blaine can save him. It sounds like what a nineteen-year-old under a lot of stress and with a little self-knowledge might conclude from watching his own behavior.

I'm sorry if I put you off with my dislike of Blaine. I've given reasons (both factual/canon-based and extrapolated from personal experience with a similar person) for my dislike, and I really think he's creepy. Maybe not totally off the deep end (he could be a very deluded teen with little understanding of how good relationships work).

I know that others will see Blaine in a different light than I do.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/3/2013, 11:31 am

I don't have much time now, so I'll just copy and paste what I wrote for TWoP for now. I did love this episode,, as it was full of heart (Brad wrote it), had a good structure and pace, and it concentrated on the people I like. The Blaine proposal stuff was irritating, but since we were prepared for it it wasn't too bad (and I hope they will shoot this stupid idea down next episode).
If this season had been all episodes like this one I'd still be a fan of the show.

My TWoP post:

Finally an episode this season I actually want to rewatch again. Decent music, good singers, choreography (yay!), the choir room being used for what it’s there for: teaching and singing, the kids having parents, and most of all: the focus on people I actually care about and who imo are capable of leading an episode. See, Glee? This is what happens if you let your best players shine. The choir room suddenly got 100x more alive and interesting with Kurt, Mercedes and Mike sitting in it.

Things I liked:
- Stories for Mercedes, Kurt, Artie, Rachel, with support from Mike, Burt, Kitty and a guest star I actually wanted to see more of.
- The return of Rachel’s former sycophants at NYADA. I’m almost afraid to admit I like those 2 snakes snarking and sniping, because once RIB get word of it they’ll ruin it by overexposing them next season and I’ll end up hating them.
- Artie and his mom. Wonderful scene with Katey Sagal. I have no idea what Kitty did in that storyline, but Becca is at least so talented she can pull her bipolar personality off believable. And yay! Artie is New York bound.
- The Hudmels (except for Finn, sadly) being together, like a real family. I still feel like Burt only had Convenience Cancer to get Klaine in one place together (twice now), and after Glee dared to go there it has not been given enough attention, but at least we got this beautiful scene out of it, and a song!
- Loved Kurt’s serenade to Burt in the choir room. I also loved the call back to ‘I Wanna Hold Your Hand’, and the little dancing Kurt and his new ‘swans’ did. I actually enjoyed all the choir room songs this episode, plus Artie’s closing number. There was a clear purpose (assignment of the week!) for them, and choreography! Never mind that these kids are supposed to study for Regionals, which is now, in canon, only 1 week away (finally!).
- I also liked seeing the ‘old’ graduates interact with one another again, and the new ND. If RIB had had any talent in preparing arcs, simple development, and future vision, they would have integrated the new cast more gradually last season and this season, mingling them organicly with the old cast, instead of pushing the old cast aside to shove the noobs into our faces.

Thing I didn’t like:
- Again a lot of tell and no show for the graduates’ lives.
- The sudden change in Cassandra’s attitude towards Rachel to let us know that Rachel really is that special!!!!! So Cassandra‘s evil twin was locked up in the basement of NYADA so fairy godmother Cassandra could step in to help Rachel pass her midterm exam without Rachel even having to do any dancing, because Rachel simply is that special snowflake who can only win when others hand her her victory. I love Rachel (most of the time), and I think she should succeed in the end, but handing her everything on a silver platter is not benefitting her in the long run, and it’s seriously not helping me symphatize with her.
Oh, and Rachel: Mr. Shue didn’t initiate DSB, that was Finn.
- Could have done without all the focus on Blaine whenever Kurt was doing his (fabulous) thing: all the creepy ~meaningful looks Blaine gave Kurt throughout the episode were irritating. Couldn’t I just enjoy Kurt’s song to his dad without having these Blaine puppy eye shots getting in the way?
- There is so much wrong with Blaine wanting to propose to Kurt. Hitting on your ex you cheated on by calling him “dirty cute” is not cute, especially not when Kurt came home to await his father’s cancer test results and being clearly occupied by that. Asking a father for permission to marry his child is old-fashioned and condescending as fuck, and add to that that Kurt is Blaine’s ex for half a year now and they are not even back together, and you have a hot big mess. If the intend was to portray Blaine delusional and immature (not to mention desperate and kinda creepy), well then: mission accomplished.
- #Gleehatesgirls. Really Glee, really? You are so cocky with your meta that you have no fucking clue how offensive that is. Especially in an episode that has an ‘alpha male’ guy offer a father 3 goats and a camel for permission to marry his effeminate son.
- Mercedes and Mike propping up the noobs. Although I didn’t mind Jake getting some praise here: his dancing with Mike was stellar. But Marley? She manages to suck the life out of every scene she’s in, doesn’t she?
- Mercedes record deal being called off because Mercedes didn’t want to look sexy enough on the cover, when in the same episode she was willing to show more skin than was asked of her for the cover. Wut?! That’s the best you could do for Mercedes, Glee? At least try to keep your lazy story somewhat consistent, tsk.
- Brittany going to MIT. Well, the good thing about that, I guess, is that all the other terrible applying and enrolling crap of college in the Glee-verse (plus Kurt getting to work at Vogue.com) look more believable in comparison.
That was not an achievement nor compliment, btw.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/3/2013, 11:54 am

AnneNeville wrote:
sheny wrote:Kurt really used the word OCD to describe his behavior in the beginning of his voice.

Ahhh. Well, self-diagnosed OCD isn't going so far as to "pathologize" Kurt so Blaine can save him. It sounds like what a nineteen-year-old under a lot of stress and with a little self-knowledge might conclude from watching his own behavior.

I'm sorry if I put you off with my dislike of Blaine. I've given reasons (both factual/canon-based and extrapolated from personal experience with a similar person) for my dislike, and I really think he's creepy. Maybe not totally off the deep end (he could be a very deluded teen with little understanding of how good relationships work).

I know that others will see Blaine in a different light than I do.

Don't worry it wasn't your comment. I read a lot of negative things on Tumblr and I'm just tired of all the hate in the fandom even when that hate is towards characters I don't really care about.
I admit that some of Blaine's actions are creepy but most of the time he just looks like a stupid teenage boy.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/3/2013, 11:57 am

Ranwing wrote:

As the text in bolded: Some days ago I read a psychological book that it says something related to this, and is that people hold on to some object when they're going through a difficult time for instance, because once that object helped to calm down. But actually it was their mind that it was calm at that moment, but they think it was the object, so everytime they have a biopsy like your patient, she brings her pin. Is related to Conditioning.

... And I did not miss at how Kurt tried to pull his hand away when Blaine grabbed it.

Undoubtedly how a person perceives an scene can be different from one person to another. Klainers think that Kurt was actually pulling up Blaine's hand closer to him. What I think he did at the end and it was one of my "Kurt what are you doing?" moments.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Adamina 5/3/2013, 12:45 pm

I'm getting really creeped out by how involved Burt is in Kurt's love life. If my parents had long conversations with my ex, encouraged them to keep pursuing me, and made remarks about how we "still loved each other" and "everything would work out", I would not be happy! Even the fact that Burt (apparently) doesn't know about the cheating doesn't redeem him. I'm glad that he told Blaine not propose, but his reasoning (that they're not old enough) was skirting the real issue: KURT AND BLAINE ARE NOT TOGETHER. How can Burt assume that Kurt still loves Blaine? Has he specifically asked Kurt? It's all very frustrating.
The asking permission thing was very annoying, of course, although I wasn't upset as I would have been if Blaine had asked Burt for permission to marry Kurt, rather than permission to ask Kurt to marry him- at least he wasn't taking Kurt's acquiescence entirely for granted. The way Blaine engineered the conversation annoyed me, though, with the whole rainbow ring and talking about Burt's support for same-sex marriage. This wider lens/context seemed inappropriate, and made it sound a little like what Burt was saying- that Blaine liked the idea of marrying more than the idea of marrying Kurt.
Also, I may have misunderstood (and I can't rewatch the scene right now), but didn't Blaine make it sound like he wanted to marry Kurt in Ohio? "Waiting for marriage equality" or something like that? Same-sex marriage is already allowed in New York- what if Kurt doesn't want to get married in Ohio? I don't think we've ever seen them talk about it before.
Adamina
Adamina
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/3/2013, 2:13 pm

Here is my meta-analysis of the Kurt-hand-holding-situations: It’s Not That [He Doesn’t] Understand, [He] Just [Doesn’t] Like the Answer.

I probably need to hide for the rest of the day.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/3/2013, 2:22 pm

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm84vu5Jku1qg5mtao1_250 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm84vu5Jku1qg5mtao2_250
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm84vu5Jku1qg5mtao3_250 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm84vu5Jku1qg5mtao4_250
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/3/2013, 2:24 pm

This was the first episode I watched through with out fast forwarding since...Make-Up, or probably New Rachel.

I have to admit I liked it solely because it had so much Kurt, Mercedes and that lovely little moment between Artie and his mom. And yay Artie's going to NY with the rest of the people I care about. And even though Amber has never been the best actor in the bunch, Mercedes' future is now open (she is still at UCLA though, right?) I bet that was just to give the writers the opportunity to add her to NY at least on some capacity. Amber was really good at the teaching session and I love how supportive they have Mercedes being towards Kurt and vice versa.

Rachel's relationship with Schue is weird, I'm just not sure why it feels weird. She has all of the teachers in her life fauning over her. I'm not even going to address Cassandra's turn of heart, but what a waste of opportunity. I first thought she was going to still play sly but I was wrong.

Kitty gives nearly as good faces in the choir room as Kurt did in his time.

Moving on to Kurt...I guess this can be in Glee standard be called now a Kurt episode. He had his own storyline. Is this OCD a way to set something odd for Kurt in S5? I little bit worried about that because, well the writers. humhum

Why does Tina hate Kurt now? Surely she's still not upset about Blaine, since there is nothing there? I have to admit I laughed at Kurt's line about his dad having cancer and no one can trump that. I lost my mom to cancer but I feel like cancer can be used like this. I know someone might get upset about that but for my dark sense of humor that was funny.

Klaine...Kurt and Blaine were so out of sync at the Lima Bean: Kurt is teetering at the egde and Blaine sees nothing but a chance to jump all over him. I know I'm biased but I do think Blaine is not heading for the right direction. What the hell are they doing with him? It's creepy and I don't have a good, certainly not romantic, feelings about his state of mind. He has issues with intimace and sex, surely. He's in love with a man that believes in partnership as a whole shebang, warts and all, while I get a feeling those things are not the ones Blaine perhaps wants. (Sorry for the excessive methaphors!) I know I've wanted Blaine to compliment Kurt forever, but funny how he does it only when they aren't in a relationship! Rolling Eyes

Burt was good at the McKinley scene making Blaine see the reality but at the same time, perhaps unintentionally talking about this loving each other forever crap, he still fed the disillusional Blaine. And based on the promo Blaine doesn't listen to Burt at all. Perhaps a bro can talk sense into him? Was I the only one that found Kurt physically backing up and running away from Blaine during Supersticious? I know it might be coincidental but I thought it was funny.

That family moment at the doctors office was the best. I loved how realistic Burt's outburst to Kurt's hysterical panic. I don't think we've ever seen Burt do that. He's been serious with him but not "angry". Just so sorry we saw little of Carole and Romy. And Burt seemed so delighted and a bit weirded out with all these people and his Kurt singing to him in the choir room.

How many pairs of extra-tight-fitting pants did Kurt go through this episode? Not that I'm complaining but some of those pants were...scandalous. Wink
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/3/2013, 3:01 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Here is my meta-analysis of the Kurt-hand-holding-situations: It’s Not That [He Doesn’t] Understand, [He] Just [Doesn’t] Like the Answer.

I probably need to hide for the rest of the day.

I love your analysis. I already see you're getting the heat for it, but what you're saying makes sense.

I do somewhat get the other side as well. It can marginally be seen as effectionate move from Kurt, but more than anything I see it onesided and controlling. Forcing Kurt to see what they had before.

I don't think Kurt had the energy to even see what Blaine was doing, let alone see that in Blaine's clouded mind this "reunion" between them means something to him. And I do see Blaine being in need of physical contact and he does love/lust for Kurt after all. (I don't have a doubt in my mind that Blaine, pardon me, gets it up for him.) It's like he's waiting for Kurt to give the permit to bounce because somewhere deep inside he knows that right now it's not right, but if he would get even the slightest sign he'd go for it. What happened between them in I Do doesn't help either.

This kind of behaviour is exactly what these stalker films begin with, but funnily enough so many romantic comedies also have these "I'll follow my love around and invent these heart warming delights for the love of my life" montages, where the guy/girl worships the love of his/her life. I just got the feeling Kurt is being surrounded by Blaine before he has time to prepare the correct feelings. Kinda like being tricked into something. And this has nothing to do with Blaine perhaps loving Kurt. Fortunately I think NY has strenghtened Kurt that he'll be able to say that all important NO in every respect.

It's too close to the episode for me to think this with logic, I'm sorry if it sounds muddled.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/3/2013, 3:39 pm

I like this episode. I am glad my worrying that Burt would turned into a Blaine can do no wrong stan was unfounded.The best thing about this episode is alot of Kurt. I like how he stood up for Mercedes against Kitty in the choir room. Do not like Tina at all. Glad Burt is going to be okay,and they did not ended up making Burt dying to push Kurt back into Blaine's arm,which was another thing I was afraid would happen. I hope Blaine follows Burt's advice,but I have a feeling he won't.I am a bit worried about next week's episode,I hope Kurt is still with Adam or anyone,and he will say no if Blaine ask him to marry him. I will post more on my thoughts on this episode later.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/3/2013, 3:43 pm

Next season, I wouldn't be surprised if they give "Every Breath You Take" to Blaine as he's stalking Kurt.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2013, 3:52 pm

over all it was a good episode, but without all those wft moments it would have been a great one.

it's proven once more that when the old gang gets focus, magic happens. the chemistry was just there. even between such a strange trio like kurt/mercedes/mike, it was there, the familiarity and ease. i loved all the cute background moments we had with chris/amber, because those were more them then kurt/mercedes. you can tell how much they missed filming together.

i love the angsiaty and sudden onset of ocd with kurt - it was very in character. as he says, his dad is the most important person in his life and he can't help fretting about it. i especially loved the little friction we saw between kurt and burt in the waiting room - it was so true to life, raw emotion and that hugg was pure love.

from kurt's monologue and actions in the episode, i think he has finally moved on from blaine. i think there are feeling there still, but the mind has decided that it's over. you can see clear sings of familiarity and feeling in their interaction, but while blaine is very open and forward and constantly seeks contact, kurt is distancing himself in every way possible, both because of the messy break up but also because the situation with his dad is preoccupying him.

i still find his solo boring and repetitive, but the visuals were very fun and burt was there so all is forgiven. also, i think the real star of this episode were the numerous skin tight pants chris was wearing. haba haba !!! aa54

if blaine is wearing any cologne, it's name should be DESPERATION. because his actions tonight were reeking of it. not to mention his proposal to burt was just pathetic and sad. you can see how he was thinking in the moment, just trying to hold on to kurt with everything he had. it was childish and immature. and i loved burt's answer. because not only did he say the right thing and acted as a loving dad to kurt, but he did the same thing for blaine as well. because he told blaine the truth - if you are meant to be and if the love is still there, don't force it. it will happen. he could have been harsh, but that is not burt and that is why i love him.

unfortunately, given the preview, all that advice will go for nothing because it just is't getting throw blaine's heavily gelled head. figures.

while mercedes plotline was predictable and kind of pointless given her rather sexy performance in higher ground, i love that amber was back and was doing more then just belting those huge notes. i missed her a lot.

now rachel. i was good with every rachel and cassy scene tonight, until the final one where cassy said she saw something special in her . that is when the writers lost me and their whole credibility. because i can understand cassandra throwing that celebration tune for rachel for the reason she stated - it's tradition for you first big broadway audition/call back and maybe even some pride in the fact that all that pushing in class payed off. but i'm never going to buy that all that crudeness was because rachel was just sooooo special that cassy had to act like that. the girl was rude, full of herself and unbelievably arrogant. i hate people like that and you can bet cassy hated that to and with right. WTF indeed.

kitty was bipolar two weeks in a row and if i didn't like becca and the character i would have been pissed. also, why is a girl that was sexual molested as a kid interested in a guy who a week ago make jokes about ryder on the same topic. and i like artie. i guess more WTF.

the artie storyline was good. not to big or over-hyped and kevin and katey convinced me that they are mother and son in one scene so cudos for that. his fear felt real because i know i felt it when going to collage and i wasn't leaving my home or home town. the fear and joy for the same thing are a difficult thing to deal with. but i'm glad we will probably see kevin in NY.

the music i found mostly boring to be honest and they are overdoing it with the closing number. it's lost it's punch.

i hate the new tina - she is the worst kind of bitch imaginable.

brit at MIT - NO COMMENT (WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
(but maybe Clair's theory that Brit is the most manipulative and brilliant person disguised as the dumbest girl alive has merit)

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/3/2013, 4:13 pm

I am also very happy that Artie goes to New York, I hope we'll get some good Kurt and Artie interaction next year!

Can I just say how much I loved Kurt's wardrobe in this episode. I really missed this kind of outfits on him.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/3/2013, 4:17 pm

arina wrote:
Can I just say how much I loved Kurt's wardrobe in this episode. I really missed this kind of outfits on him.

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m3dh1et7zZ1qfoe0po1_500
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/3/2013, 4:21 pm

arina wrote:Stills
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo6_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo8_1280

Wow, that too-old-for-highschool guy in the letterman jacket had a GOOD day as an extra if he made it into TWO promotional stills . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/3/2013, 4:27 pm

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7d6xsyGe1qly3wvo2_250 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7d6xsyGe1qly3wvo3_r1_250

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7d6xsyGe1qly3wvo4_r1_250 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7d6xsyGe1qly3wvo5_r1_250

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7d6xsyGe1qly3wvo6_r1_250 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7d6xsyGe1qly3wvo1_r1_250

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7d6xsyGe1qly3wvo7_r1_250 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7d6xsyGe1qly3wvo8_r1_250
x

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7eqf8VYz1r1v397o1_2504x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7eqf8VYz1r1v397o2_2504x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7eqf8VYz1r1v397o3_250
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7eqf8VYz1r1v397o4_2504x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7eqf8VYz1r1v397o5_2504x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7eqf8VYz1r1v397o6_250
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7eqf8VYz1r1v397o7_2504x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7eqf8VYz1r1v397o8_2504x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7eqf8VYz1r1v397o9_250
(sorry, no source)

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7epyNHGc1qzw711o2_250 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7epyNHGc1qzw711o4_250

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7epyNHGc1qzw711o3_250 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7epyNHGc1qzw711o5_250

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7epyNHGc1qzw711o8_250 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7epyNHGc1qzw711o6_250

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7epyNHGc1qzw711o7_250 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mm7epyNHGc1qzw711o1_250
(sorry, no source)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/3/2013, 7:23 pm

I just saw this BTS pictures on the FB of Glee. I like their Charlie Angels pose..
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 405826_10151583414372044_1992107418_n

Here is my meta-analysis of the Kurt-hand-holding-situations: It’s Not That [He Doesn’t] Understand, [He] Just [Doesn’t] Like the Answer.

I probably need to hide for the rest of t
he day.

I've read your long analysis AnneNeville and it seems you have done some research about what's the meaning behind a hand gesture. I'm agree with all you have posted, but as I mentioned before, when Blaine grabbed Kurt's hand , for some people (and you know well who I'm referring to) it looks like he's "accepting" his hand, instead of rejecting. So at the end I think it depends on people's perception.

And why are you hiding?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/3/2013, 8:53 pm

Lol, Mercedes "testing the breath control" by hitting Marley with the maracas is exactly what I do with my students. Except I don't use a maracas, but my fist. Smile

Yup, you've got to toughen them up.
I love my job. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/3/2013, 9:25 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Lol, Mercedes "testing the breath control" by hitting Marley with the maracas is exactly what I do with my students. Except I don't use a maracas, but my fist. Smile

Yup, you've got to toughen them up.
I love my job. fanny2

So what Merceded did is actually a real technique to teast the breath control? I always nice to know sth new Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next