Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

+22
Divalicious
Delight
Kurt Hummel
bayth
valkeakuulas
Adamina
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
Piciollina
ColferInspired
arina
sheny
fantastica
Lottie2303
Ireth
AnneNeville
opals
Ranwing
TimF
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
tanita_mors
26 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap6%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap47%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap12%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap35%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Empty 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 4/17/2013, 10:26 am

THURSDAY, MAY 2
--"GLEE" - (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)

LIFE IS STEVIE WONDER-FUL ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" THURSDAY, MAY 2 ON FOX

Katey Sagal ("Sons of Anarchy") Guest-Stars, Plus Kate Hudson ("Nine") Returns

The members of New Directions take on the greatest hits of music icon Stevie Wonder. Meanwhile, Artie receives news that could affect his future and his mom (guest star Sagal). In New York, Rachel prepares for her "Funny Girl" callback in the all-new "Wonder-ful" episode of GLEE airing Thursday, May 2 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-421) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Mark Salling as Noah Puckerman; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones; Harry Shum, Jr. as Mike Chang;.

Guest Cast: Katey Sagal as Nancy Abrams; Kate Hudson as Cassandra July; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade Adams; and Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson; Mike O'Malley as Burt Hummel; and Romy Rosemont as Carole Hudson-Hummel.
You all know what to do.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/2/2013, 10:48 pm

No one is watching? Not that it matters , I am just wondering. If anyone is watching,did they they completly ruined Burt? Hope not.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 5/2/2013, 11:04 pm

I was thinking to watch this episode, but last weekend the time was changing in my country. So I didn't watch it lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 5/2/2013, 11:04 pm

I just watched, neither Kurt or Burt was ruined. Watch it, there was quite a bit of Kurt! I just used an exclamation point for a positive statement related to Glee, that should tell you something.
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/2/2013, 11:06 pm

TimF wrote:I just watched, neither Kurt or Burt was ruined. Watch it, there was quite a bit of Kurt! I just used an exclamation point for a positive statement related to Glee, that should tell you something.

Okay,thank you. So Burt did not turned into a Blaine can do no wrong stan? That is what I was afraid of.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/2/2013, 11:07 pm

brisallie wrote:I was thinking to watch this episode, but last weekend the time was changing in my country. So I didn't watch it lol

That is okay.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 5/2/2013, 11:10 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
TimF wrote:I just watched, neither Kurt or Burt was ruined. Watch it, there was quite a bit of Kurt! I just used an exclamation point for a positive statement related to Glee, that should tell you something.

Okay,thank you. So Burt did not turned into a Blaine can do no wrong stan? That is what I was afraid of.

He certainly did not, I don't want to spoil it for you. Watch it, I think this is one we Kurties shouldn't hate. Smile
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/2/2013, 11:12 pm

TimF wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:

He certainly did not, I don't want to spoil it for you. Watch it, I think this is one we Kurties shouldn't hate. Smile

Okay,I will watch later tonight or sometime tomrrow.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/2/2013, 11:18 pm

Well, I saw it. There was some good stuff, some bad stuff and a huge, steaming pile of WTF?

First the good... Kurt continues to be the most amazing person on the planet. Of course he would take time off from his classes to go running home to find out if his father will be well. Can you imagine Rachel sacrificing her callback if one of her fathers was diagnosed? Of course not. Kurt is the one who's willing to sacrifice of himself for those that he loves. His voiceover (as usual) was perfect, showing the stress of what his fathers illness has done to him. Also made it clear that he's moved beyond the hurt of Blaine cheating and beyond Blaine himself (as anything other than a friend). Oh, and expect many gifs of Kurt's ass, because he was wearing some amazingly tight pants and we got plenty of nice shots from behind.

Mercedes, Mike and Kurt were prefect adult friends who were totally supportive of one another's dreams (as well as respecting the limits that they won't cross in order to achieve those dreams). And cheers for Artie for once not totally pissing me off. Looks like we're starting to see how the NY storyline will gel next season.

And the Burt/Blaine scene wasn't the total train wreak I was expecting. Burt told Blaine that he was being ridiculous, that they were both too young and that Blaine had no clue what marriage was really about. And it's pretty obvious that he has no clue why Kurt broke up with Blaine because the cheating issue never came up. That last line about Kurt and Blaine being in love and everything would work out sounded like a bone tossed to the Klainers. And yeah... the proposal idea comes totally out of left field, so count it in the WTF? column.

Rachel's storyline totally dominates the WTF? moments. First, her callback has already happened and she's (of course) a finalist for the part. Cassandra is now not only her biggest cheerleader, but basically hands her a passing midterm grade so she can go to the final callback. And then we got this pile of tripe about Rachel being special and Cassandra pushing her so hard because she knew Rachel could succeed. Basically Rachel is being carried, again, so that she can win the big prize. Am totally preparing myself for her to get the part because they have just stripped away any real challenges for Special Snowflake Rachel.

Musically it was a dull ep. Am not a Stevie Wonder fan so a lot of it fell flat for me. Did love Kurt singing YATSOML. It was definitely a performance that worked better with the visuals. And so happy that it was strictly about Burt
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/2/2013, 11:34 pm

@Ranwing, I'm just downloading the episode, so I shouldn't have read your post but sometimes I can't help myself, and my mouth drops out at reading that Rachel is being supported by Cassandra. Seriously, what's going on here? Is her nice twin?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 5/2/2013, 11:36 pm

I think I was just overly excited that there was significant Kurt and that both he and Burt weren't sacrificed for Blaine stans...yet. I agree with your wtf moments Ranwing and I share your disdain for Stevie Wonder music. I Dld Kurt's song from iTunes to support him and I agree that the visuals made it better than the natively boring song it is.
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/2/2013, 11:37 pm

brisallie wrote:@Ranwing, I'm just downloading the episode, so I shouldn't have read your post but sometimes I can't help myself, and my mouth drops out at reading that Rachel is being supported by Cassandra. Seriously, what's going on here? Is her nice twin?

I have not watch yet either. Maybe Cassandra has more than one personlity.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/2/2013, 11:41 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:I have not watch yet either. Maybe Cassandra has more than one personlity.

Or she had a lobotomy since we saw her last. Special Snowflake Rachel rides again!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/2/2013, 11:47 pm

Ranwing wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:I have not watch yet either. Maybe Cassandra has more than one personlity.

Or she had a lobotomy since we saw her last. Special Snowflake Rachel rides again!

Could be. I am not suprise at the change in Cassandra. Although,I want Adam to return in season 5 as a regular,if he the writers turn him into a Blaine can do no wrong stan,if he returns,I hope he does not.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 5/2/2013, 11:55 pm

I, too, was pleasantly surprised by this one. Kurt's anxiety over his father's cancer really showed. I was both surprised and delighted that it was strongly suggested that he has moved beyond Blaine as anything other than a friend. I was glad he snapped at everyone for discussing Blaine and his wedding hook up when he was worried about his father's health.

Burt, thank Cheesus, was not thrown under the bus. He points out that marrying a person is quite different than marrying an idea. I found this quite interesting as it immediately brought Adam's I can't compete with a fantasy, Kurt to my mind. Of course, they had to throw the Klainers their bone at the end with If it's meant to be and blah blah blah at the end.

Blaine is ridiculous throughout, imo. First, did I hear him correctly tell Kurt he looked "dirty" cute in the coffee shop? If so, WTF? I never once heard him imply that Kurt was sexy the entire time they were dating, and he waits to do it NOW when they're broken up and Kurt clearly has anxiety of his father' s medical condition?! Talk about inappropriate! The whole asking Burt for permission to marry Kurt comes completely out of nowhere; there's no build up whatsoever, and Blaine pretty much pouts like a toddler when Burt sets him straight.

opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/2/2013, 11:57 pm

So . . . Burt wasn't ruined, there was a fair amount of Kurt, it's worth watching . . .

But I suppose there was just enough ambiguity in the Kurt/Blaine scenes that Klainers are convinced that things are going well for their OTP?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/3/2013, 1:11 am

AnneNeville wrote:So . . . Burt wasn't ruined, there was a fair amount of Kurt, it's worth watching . . .

But I suppose there was just enough ambiguity in the Kurt/Blaine scenes that Klainers are convinced that things are going well for their OTP?

It really looks like it could go either way. I didn't get a good feeling from the Blaine and Burt conversation despite Burt not being thrown under the bus, because Kurt appears to be finally over Blaine, but Burt still talked about Blaine and Kurt loving each other. And Burt and Blaine both seem to have no idea about Adam. When Blaine asked "what if he meets someone else", it implied that both Burt and Blaine think Kurt is single, in love with Blaine but just not ready to take him back. :(

Kurt was perfect in this episode-with his worry and his OCD about Burt's appointment, all his cute moments with the Glee club, the Hudmel scene (wish Finn had been there), the conversation with Mike and Mercedes, and You Are The Sunshine Of My Life, which was adorable!
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/3/2013, 1:31 am

Damn, I want to watch. Maybe in 15 hours?! Smile

At least he looks promising! Yes, Kurt finally has a voice.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/3/2013, 2:01 am

waiting for my kurt edits to come out. i didn't watch teh live tv because i was watching game of thrones one after another. that show is so much better so i couldn't stop. just wish the kurt edit will come out sooner. happy to see there are more kurt in this episode. don't care about the rest.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/3/2013, 3:53 am

This was one of mu favorite episodes this season. I loved almost everything. The whole Cassandra/Rachel development was so unbelievable. No one can convince me that Cassie did all these things to help Rachel. This was Kate's last episode so they needed some "happy ending".

What the hell is wrong with Tina? First she attacked Kurt at the wedding and now she is rude to him again. I hope she is not one of the people moving to NYC next year especially if she keeps treating Kurt like crap. Did she forget everything they went through together in season 1 and 2 because of her stupid creepy crush on Blaine. Even if she did, shouldn't she treat the man her "best friend" Blaine plans to marry better.

The rest of the episode was good. I'm glad Kurt finally had interactions with people who are not Rachel and Santana. The Hummel family scene was perfect. I want more of those. Chris was gorgeous as always. His voice-overs are the best. You're the Sunshine of my life is one of my favourite Kurt solos. The Kurt/Burt scenes were so sweet.

Last edited by sheny on 5/3/2013, 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/3/2013, 4:12 am

I have to wait for subtitles to make a proper opinion but focus on Kurt, Artie and Mercedes is definitevely progress after all these Blaine, Sam and Jarley's episodes through the whole year.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/3/2013, 5:43 am

Stills

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo2_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo1_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo3_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo6_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo4_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo5_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo7_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo8_1280
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/3/2013, 5:53 am

arina wrote:Stills

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo2_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo1_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo3_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo6_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo4_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo5_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo7_1280
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mm7qac268j1qe476yo8_1280

Wow, these stills of Kurt are just gorgeous. 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread 4249845411

Not that I thought they wouldn't be. But looking at them I see that he is well out of Blaine's league. 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 5/3/2013, 5:54 am

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkk I loved this episode 'cause it was mostly about the old ones, even with the WTF stuff!
I loved the sassy reply Kurt gave Kitty, she is one of the few newbies I tolerate but i was expecting a reply from the "iced latte" scene in the first episode, so YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for Kurt still being himself - thanks Adam!
I'm so happy they didn't destroyed Burt and said out loud what a silly thought could be a proposal to resolve an hearth problem.

There were so much background and not moment for Kurt-Mercedes, beautiful to be seen. I missed them so much !

Oh and the silly, joyful solo. Yes the song is monotone but the air of silliness and joy is clear and loud. I love Chris voice, I'm going to rewatch the episode soon, hoping to discuss it with all of you!!!
Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/3/2013, 5:58 am

Seeing Kurtcedes again made me very happy. wub The storylines weren't original by any means and there were definitely couple of WTF moments but the fact it was mostly about the original characters made the episode for me. I don't expect anything interesting from Glee anymore so at least seeing on my screen the characters I like makes me happy.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next