Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x4 "Pot o' Gold" Watch and Discussion Thread

3 posters

Go down

3x4 "Pot o' Gold" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty 3x4 "Pot o' Gold" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 6/23/2013, 9:19 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

A new foreign-exchange student, Rory Flanagan, enrolls at McKinley, and clashes with Brittany S. Pierce, who thinks he's a leprechaun. Meanwhile, Mercedes attempts to recruit new members to join Shelby Corcoran's newly formed Glee club, and Sue's congressional campaign heats up.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

3x4 "Pot o' Gold" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 3x4 "Pot o' Gold" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 6/23/2013, 10:04 pm

I know that it was hard to understand Damian at times, but I do like him.  He seems like a nice kid, and I do enjoy his voice.  It didn't sound the same as the other boys.

Dianna looks so mature in the scene with Puck and Shelby.

Sue's rants.  hehe.  They are so crazy, but I love them.

Finn listening to Mercedes and Santana's conversation was the best part of the scene.  Cory did a great job of just being there Smile

I know I said it was a missed opportunity to not have a Finn/Blaine rivalry, but after seeing the choir room scene again, I'm glad they didn't.  Darren just doesn't have the talent to keep up with Cory.

Kurt to the rescue, of course! 

Rory looks like he's in love with Finn. "Will you be my friend, Finn?" That was creepy.

I really hated the Quinn trying to get Beth back storyline. 

Burt is such a great dad. He is always fighting for  Kurt, even if he wasn't a star in the play.

I love the smirk on Burt's face after the conversation with Sue.  He really was a great opponent for Sue.

Heather looks so much older than Damian.  It know she's probably like six years older than him, but it really shows.

Damian sounded sweet on "It's Not Easy Being Green." Why is a sophomore in class with seniors?

I really wish they never made Santana and Brittany a couple.  It was just so contrived, and Heather and Naya just weren't good opposite each other because Heather can't act.

Let's have a random Blaine solo where Darren can show off his squeeze your legs together so you don't pee dance move.  One of the rare occassions when there was actually entertaining Klaine interaction, but too bad Blaine had more chemistry with the girls than Kurt. 

I wonder if they always intended to not have Rory speak in the scene with Santana or if they changed it after realizing you couldn't understand him.

A litter box in the bedroom?  Ewwww.  Eating candy bars from the kitty box.  Double ewwwwwwww. 

Mark doesn't sound like Mark on "I've Been Waiting For A Girl Like You." Shelby opening up to Puck like that was so inappropriate for a teacher at the school.  But that's teachers at McKinley for you.

Burt's speech was great. I love him wanting to save the arts for his kid.

Candyman is a boring song, but the performance was good. 

Hudmel family scene!  Kurt is always so concerned about his dad. I love their relationship so much.

Damian is tall.  He is the only one who doesn't look short next too Finn.

Take Care of Yourself was a boring song, and I don't like when Damian sings that high.

I still can't believe they went with the Puck/Shelby storyline.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

3x4 "Pot o' Gold" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 3x4 "Pot o' Gold" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  valkeakuulas 6/24/2013, 4:16 am

I think one of the main reasons why Burt and Sue works so well is that the two actors (Mike and Jane) have more mileage and acting talent than so many of the kids. Opposites in this case do draw attention. (I like bad analogies.)

That Hudmel scene was one of the best, besides the very first one where they go out as a family for the first time. And that this was one of the only ones with Kurt in them, right?

I have this headcanon, in which Blaine's sole job was to prevent his bf to have any meaningful inteaction with his family so that Kurt would be simply in his control. I truly started to think of Blaine as the insane, psychotic boyfriend from very early on in S3.

I just realised that Kurt was put outside HIS storyline in so many aspects, already in S3: when Burt, Finn or Blaine are concerned.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/24/2013, 4:21 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I think one of the main reasons why Burt and Sue works so well is that the two actors (Mike and Jane) have more mileage and acting talent than so many of the kids. Opposites in this case do draw attention. (I like bad analogies.)

That Hudmel scene was one of the best, besides the very first one where they go out as a family for the first time. And that this was one of the only ones with Kurt in them, right?

I have this headcanon, in which Blaine's sole job was to prevent his bf to have any meaningful inteaction with his family so that Kurt would be simply in his control. I truly started to think of Blaine as the insane, psychotic boyfriend from very early on in S3.

I just realised that Kurt was put outside HIS storyline in so many aspects, already in S3: when Burt, Finn or Blaine are concerned.

It's the only time they've all been out together. there was one without Kirt and one without Finn,so they're even.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down