Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

+22
Divalicious
Delight
Kurt Hummel
bayth
valkeakuulas
Adamina
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
Piciollina
ColferInspired
arina
sheny
fantastica
Lottie2303
Ireth
AnneNeville
opals
Ranwing
TimF
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
tanita_mors
26 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap6%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap47%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap12%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap35%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Lottie2303 5/13/2013, 3:13 am

I am sometimes amused how Glee pretends to be so groundbreaking, open minded and tolerant but they are anything but. As Marie said, it starts with the very first episode where the leading men needs to be the Star Football player. Overall Glee started really early to concentrate on the popular kids. Dianna was treated as the secondary female lead while all the true underdogs were all piled up in little groups. Kurt only got so much focus because he got popular.

The current season has nothing do with Underdog mentality anymore. I predict RIB really believe they represent an underappreciated part of society, but by actually casting beautiful, average people it is even a harder punch in the face. When on Glee there isn't a spot for true outsiders, there most certainly is none im any other HW show. It is a shame.

BTW, golden Globes 2011, Ryan mentioned Chris and Kevin got the most fanmail as characters like them are not seen on any other show. Funnily, those two are the most underused, underappreciated characters of the show. What happened and why the need to focus on Marley of all people??!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2013, 3:44 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I am sometimes amused how Glee pretends to be so groundbreaking, open minded and tolerant but they are anything but. As Marie said, it starts with the very first episode where the leading men needs to be the Star Football player. Overall Glee started really early to concentrate on the popular kids. Dianna was treated as the secondary female lead while all the true underdogs were all piled up in little groups. Kurt only got so much focus because he got popular.

The current season has nothing do with Underdog mentality anymore. I predict RIB really believe they represent an underappreciated part of society, but by actually casting beautiful, average people it is even a harder punch in the face. When on Glee there isn't a spot for true outsiders, there most certainly is none im any other HW show. It is a shame.

BTW, golden Globes 2011, Ryan mentioned Chris and Kevin got the most fanmail as characters like them are not seen on any other show. Funnily, those two are the most underused, underappreciated characters of the show. What happened and why the need to focus on Marley of all people??!

I remember an interview last year were he said 95% of his mail is now from fangirls proposing to him and not kids that see Kurt as an inspiration.

Some fans were pissed off when he said that, but I understand like a lot of others do that he is saying these kids no longer watch the show as Glee does not inspire them anymore.

I know Chris liked Kurt being an inspiration as he does himself, I don't think he cares about being a heartthrob.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2013, 5:43 am

^I remember that too, and I think Chris is right. He also said something that his fanbase/popularity changed from the inspirational gay kid to Twilight like fandom. I don't think he likes that himself (and neither do I).
It's a shame how Glee has ruined itself. They are not for the underdogs anymore. A few days ago I tried to watch the movie and I was so turnedd off from the preachiness of the fan segments (the kids who were 'inspired' by Glee characters).
Glee is nothing but a shallow imitation of itself mixed with High School Musical.

ColdFlame96 wrote:In Rachel's defense, I don't think she was aware of Kurts range. She'd probably only heard him sing the high notes, and therefore deemed his range too similar to hers for it to be compatible.
Yeah, but first of all it was not her call to make, it was Will's. If he had been only 10% a decent choir director/teacher he would know the vocal range of each of his choir members. Will let himself be dictated by Rachel.
And second: Kurt sang 95% in his low register in the Pilot: his only falsetto notes were a few high notes in 'Mr. Cellophane' and Rachel didn't hear that as it was his audition. The rest he sang in low register: there is no way that Rachel could know that Kurt was a countertenor, unless he told her so. And still: Kurt was/is a full-fledged tenor who matches perfectly with Rachel's voice. There is no reason why Kurt was not suitable to be Rachel's leading man, except for the fact that Kurt is gay. (Plus RIB already was obsessed with relationships back then, and on Glee being in a relationship means being perfect duet partners in singing, blegh. Case in point: Klaine.)

Let's be real: Rachel wanted a guy to swoon over, not a singer who could keep up with her vocally. Because if Rachel really is that talented and musically trained, she would have heard that Kurt and Artie had amazing voices right from the first 3 notes they sang. I knew. Just listening to 'Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat' was enough for me to know, for both Artie and Kurt (and Tina and Mercedes too).
Glee didn't realize they had singing gold in their hands with the original 5, even the original 6 counting Finn.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 10:25 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Let's be real: Rachel wanted a guy to swoon over, not a singer who could keep up with her vocally.

banzai Rachel was shallowly looking for a handsome leading man, not another "loser" like she was, and Artie in his wheelchair with his big glasses and Kurt, who looked 14 or under, were not going to cut it for her, no matter how good their voices were.

I think she always wanted to win based on her own prowess most of all, and she wanted some popular eye candy to make herself look shiny.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/13/2013, 11:34 am

I'm agree with both of you Marie and Anne, when you said Rachel only wanted a guy to swoon over. C'mon! Since the moment Finn sang the first note of "You're the one that I want", she was all over him. I bet Finn wanted to run away from her in that moment, she was so creepy. And still I remember that Kurt looked at her and sang "honey" frighteningly. lol

Sorry for being shallow, but if Rachel would had know in what a man Kurt was going to turned into, she would have been agree to have him as his partner. Currently she appreciates that because they're besties.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/13/2013, 12:01 pm

brisallie wrote:I'm agree with both of you Marie and Anne, when you said Rachel only wanted a guy to swoon over. C'mon! Since the moment Finn sang the first note of "You're the one that I want", she was all over him. I bet Finn wanted to run away from her in that moment, she was so creepy. And still I remember that Kurt looked at her and sang "honey" frighteningly. lol

Sorry for being shallow, but if Rachel would had know in what a man Kurt was going to turned into, she would have been agree to have him as his partner. Currently she appreciates that because they're besties.

Rachel always has been about popularity and appearances. If she hadn't wanted fame, I doubt she would have even done Glee Club. Her attitude towards Adam's Apples was appalling!

I don't think that she would have wanted Kurt as a partner, though, because Kurt being showcased with her would have threatened her place as star.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/14/2013, 3:44 pm

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mmsx1lwLNH1qbqtkso1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/14/2013, 3:45 pm

sheny wrote:4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mmsx1lwLNH1qbqtkso1_500

Yeah, right.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2013, 3:48 pm

that's why it's CUT! what's wrong w/ these people's logic!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/14/2013, 3:50 pm

It wasn't in the episode so it doesn't matter if it was in the script or not. But this also means they cut a Kurt scene from the finale.

Last edited by sheny on 5/14/2013, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2013, 3:52 pm

sheny wrote:4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mmsx1lwLNH1qbqtkso1_500

This is the KIND of trolling I hate about GOBR and why I think their spoilers/comments are such a double edged sword. They cater and tease fandoms.

Obviously GOBR are connected to the show, but quite frankly I don't give a rat's ass what Glee cut out. For all I know Kurt and Adam were fucking like rabbits in an episode and that was cut out, but it doesn't pass muster since it wasn't ONSCREEN. LOL.

Onscreen we had Kurt quickly saying "we're not a couple" and it's no secret Kurt loves Blaine. They key is showing onscreen if he can trust Blaine enough to get back together as a couple.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2013, 3:57 pm

Buenos wrote:For all I know Kurt and Adam were fucking like rabbits

that's all i read. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/14/2013, 3:59 pm

Buenos wrote:

This is the KIND of trolling I hate about GOBR and why I think their spoilers/comments are such a double edged sword. They cater and tease fandoms.

Obviously GOBR are connected to the show, but quite frankly I don't give a rat's ass what Glee cut out. For all I know Kurt and Adam were fucking like rabbits in an episode and that was cut out, but it doesn't pass muster since it wasn't ONSCREEN. LOL.

Onscreen we had Kurt quickly saying "we're not a couple" and it's no secret Kurt loves Blaine. They key is showing onscreen if he can trust Blaine enough to get back together as a couple.

LOL at the bolded. I want this to happen so bad just to shut up the Klainers. But no, Glee had to save Kurts virtue for Blaine, which means that Blaines the only one he can be with. I swear, it's like this show is written by teenage girls. antifana
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/14/2013, 4:00 pm

Buenos wrote:

"I love Blaine, and I always will . . . but I know now that I'll never be with him again. At least if he ends up at NYADA, it won't be that painful."

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/14/2013, 4:04 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:

"I love Blaine, and I always will . . . but I know now that I'll never be with him again. At least if he ends up at NYADA, it won't be that painful."

Is that the cut line? If it is, where the hell did you get it?
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/14/2013, 4:21 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Is that the cut line? If it is, where the hell did you get it?

I made it up. I just think GOBR is lying once again, and that if the teased line remained in the show, it would really be meaningless to the story as a whole. Or else they wouldn't have cut it.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2013, 4:23 pm

she made it up. oops late. it's obviously because RIB would never write such a way.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/14/2013, 4:25 pm

These people dryy

Sometimes is hard for me to believe what GOBR says, especially if comes from this girl, because she's a klainer. So I'm unsure if she's telling the truth or just want to make klainers happy. Or upset lol, because after reading this I bet they had an outrage.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/14/2013, 4:29 pm

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mmsz8v2E8C1qbqtkso2_500
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/14/2013, 4:31 pm

arina wrote:4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mmsz8v2E8C1qbqtkso2_500

So, nothing too significant or meaningful. Backtracking already.

"I love them so much" "Me too!"

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/14/2013, 4:36 pm

Why is this person still tweeting about this episode now that we've seen it? I think everyone has pretty much made their mind about it, I certainly have. And if we all go into thinking what ever we want, then I quite liked the idea of Kurt going at it with Adam like rabbits. Hey, it might have happened in Ian's mind when he wrote the episode? Who knows?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2013, 5:10 pm

Buenos wrote:This is the KIND of trolling I hate about GOBR and why I think their spoilers/comments are such a double edged sword. They cater and tease fandoms.
This.
They are trying to do damage control after half of the Klaine fandom started screaming at them after 4x21 and the finale, when nothing was shown of what GOBr 'promised' of to be good Klaine episodes.
It is quite significant that GiParise deleted all her Glee related tweets and deleted her ask-account. They were busted and they know it.

We also know that Kurt (or someone else?) was supposed to mention in 4x21 that Kurt was (casually?) dating in New York. They cut that out too (and the Klainers were not too shy to point that out). Plus there is this unconfirmed spoiler that Kurt would say he was dating Adam in the finale.

This is bullshit. First of all it wasn't in the show so it's not canon, and second it probably was a measley line like @Anneville mentioned.
I sincerely hope that this will be the last we hear of GOBr, because the way they behave I almost think it's Ryan Murphy himself: so childish and sulky.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/15/2013, 4:49 am

According to GOBr, this was the dialogue between Kurt and Santana in the finale:

Kurt: "Why am I so nervous?"
Santana: "Because you still love him, you dope."

It's nothing but another example of someone else putting words in Kurt's mouth again, telling him how he feels instead of allowing him to express himself. All in service of a Klaine reunion without actually tackling the serious issues they have.
It's typical of season 4 and it's despicable. I'm glad it got cut. :angry:

And of course, NOW the Klainers are screaming that Kurt's POV should not have been cut out of the canon, when they were not complaining not getting Kurt's POV right after the cheating.
STFU. tronco
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/15/2013, 5:01 am

rib is playing games w/ fans. they want to remain ambiguous so they can do this "will they, won't they" shit until the end of time. for me, as long as klain remains seperate i can't care less if they continue this ambiguity. they want to please hte fans and don't want to piss off either camp. if it's indeed true then it's actually good for us. we do need to let our voice heard that we don't want klaine back.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/15/2013, 7:05 am

Glorfindel wrote:According to GOBr, this was the dialogue between Kurt and Santana in the finale:

Kurt: "Why am I so nervous?"
Santana: "Because you still love him, you dope."

It's nothing but another example of someone else putting words in Kurt's mouth again, telling him how he feels instead of allowing him to express himself. All in service of a Klaine reunion without actually tackling the serious issues they have.
It's typical of season 4 and it's despicable. I'm glad it got cut. :angry:

And of course, NOW the Klainers are screaming that Kurt's POV should not have been cut out of the canon, when they were not complaining not getting Kurt's POV right after the cheating.
STFU. tronco

But that quote doesn't mean that Kurt still loves Blaine. Santana said it, not Kurt. Santana doesn't know how Kurt feels.

It was stupid pointless dialogue.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next