Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

+22
Divalicious
Delight
Kurt Hummel
bayth
valkeakuulas
Adamina
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
Piciollina
ColferInspired
arina
sheny
fantastica
Lottie2303
Ireth
AnneNeville
opals
Ranwing
TimF
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
tanita_mors
26 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap47%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 8 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap12%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap35%4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 17

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  coxfire 5/7/2013, 5:51 am

I liked the episode Kurt-wise, he was cute, his OCD was understandable, and I loved his interactions with Mike and Mercedes.

Now, on the Blaine front, Chris played Kurt like he was over Blaine, and longer affected by being around him, with a tidbit of ambiguity, though. I didn't see him be flirty, nor expecting blaine to ask him out in the hallway, but I am an anti-Klainer, I can see why die hard Klainers would read it differently.

Even though I'm glad Burt shot down Blaine's stupid idea, I still hate that they made him a Klaine fan "when é people love each other like you do" and the fact that "Blaine is family", no matter that he cheated on Kurt and hurt him in the worst possible way. Blaine pandering, once more. Would have it been that awful for Burt to remind Blaine that he fucked up, and that he and Kurt weren't broken up for a just silly argument, but due to a huge breacj of trust in their relationship?

My biggest quip is that we still have no idea of where Kurt stand with Adam, and that all other characters act as if he was single or his opinion didn't matter. He is the only one who should drive their getting back together (because, don't dream, they will get back together, as much as I hate that in Glee, people have no free will (destiny!soulmates!endgame) and are not allowed to move on or evolve like people do in real life.) but since his POV isn't allowed to be shown in favor of Blaine's, it's all about what BLAINE wants.

I also didn't like Blaine's "what if he meets someone else?", since well, Kurt has already met Adam, but Glee seemed to forget it since Girls and Boys on film. We don't even know if they properly dated or not. I know it's shallow, but did Kurt even sleep with Adam? Some say it doesn't matter, well I think it does, since it would prove that Kurt had reached a certain level of intimacy with him in their relationship, but we'll probably never know.

Back to the episode, Artie finally having a SL that is his own without him being a huge jerk, yay!
Mercedes story would have been better if we had had some insight of it earlier. Besides, the whole "show more skin" was a little contradictory with her taking her vest of during higher ground. I could have bought them trying to make her nthinner to "fit better society standards". That would have been a better story to me, and very true to what happens in stardom business.
Darren is a good performer, but he felt very flat after Mercedes in superstition

coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 4x21 "Wonder-ful" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColdFlame96 5/7/2013, 8:17 am

coxfire wrote:I liked the episode Kurt-wise, he was cute, his OCD was understandable, and I loved his interactions with Mike and Mercedes.

Now, on the Blaine front, Chris played Kurt like he was over Blaine, and longer affected by being around him, with a tidbit of ambiguity, though. I didn't see him be flirty, nor expecting blaine to ask him out in the hallway, but I am an anti-Klainer, I can see why die hard Klainers would read it differently.

Even though I'm glad Burt shot down Blaine's stupid idea, I still hate that they made him a Klaine fan "when é people love each other like you do" and the fact that "Blaine is family", no matter that he cheated on Kurt and hurt him in the worst possible way. Blaine pandering, once more. Would have it been that awful for Burt to remind Blaine that he fucked up, and that he and Kurt weren't broken up for a just silly argument, but due to a huge breacj of trust in their relationship?

My biggest quip is that we still have no idea of where Kurt stand with Adam, and that all other characters act as if he was single or his opinion didn't matter. He is the only one who should drive their getting back together (because, don't dream, they will get back together, as much as I hate that in Glee, people have no free will (destiny!soulmates!endgame) and are not allowed to move on or evolve like people do in real life.) but since his POV isn't allowed to be shown in favor of Blaine's, it's all about what BLAINE wants.

I also didn't like Blaine's "what if he meets someone else?", since well, Kurt has already met Adam, but Glee seemed to forget it since Girls and Boys on film. We don't even know if they properly dated or not. I know it's shallow, but did Kurt even sleep with Adam? Some say it doesn't matter, well I think it does, since it would prove that Kurt had reached a certain level of intimacy with him in their relationship, but we'll probably never know.

Back to the episode, Artie finally having a SL that is his own without him being a huge jerk, yay!
Mercedes story would have been better if we had had some insight of it earlier. Besides, the whole "show more skin" was a little contradictory with her taking her vest of during higher ground. I could have bought them trying to make her nthinner to "fit better society standards". That would have been a better story to me, and very true to what happens in stardom business.
Darren is a good performer, but he felt very flat after Mercedes in superstition

I think what pisses me off the most is that Blaine cheated twice. He thinks of texting as cheating? Well, then he cheated on Kurt with Sebastian. But I didn't see anyone calling him out or badly singing formerly awesome WH songs in front of the whole club. Not to mention, these so-called Klainers liked Blaine even more after TFT. I was clicking YouTube videos and there were quite a few mentions in the comments that the "car scene" was hot and why couldn't it have gone further? Being sexually assaulted is most certainly not hot. In fact, I found it rather disturbing. One step further and it would've been rape. I was so unbelievably proud of Kurt after that scene. The only time I liked Blaine after that was in 'Choke'. He acted like a good, supportive boyfriend, and I started to remember why I used to ship them. He also didnt sing in that episode, and kurt did. Twice. That was also a factor. tonguue
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/7/2013, 8:22 am

^I liked Blaine in 'Choke' too: he was mostly in the background being supportive of Kurt, and when he had a line it was funny.
The car scene in TFT was anything but 'hot'. It was disturbing and borderline sexual assault, no matter how you twist it. I was proud of Kurt too, standing up for himself like that.

If it hadn't been for Chris brilliant acting throughout season 4, Blaine would have come out of the cheating storyline smelling like roses. Noone ever called Blaine out on his cheating, not Burt, not Tina, not Sam, and certainly not Kurt (except for those few seconds in 'Glease'). Finn made an half-ass attempt but then was all up Blaine's ass again with his "glue of the Glee club" comment.

The way Kurt has been written I think the writers thought that cheating with a random was not such a big deal and they just wanted to push Kurt back to Blaine without much further ado. They purposely denied Kurt any strong and immediate reaction to the cheating, and they kept Kurt's screentime to the absolute minimum, to prevent Chris from showing us too well how much Kurt is hurting, should be hurting, with his stellar acting. RIB know how strong an actor Chris is and that he would have the sympathy votes on his side in this if he had been allowed to give Kurt a POV, so they deliberately ignored him.
But Chris managed to convey that message anyway, in his 1 1/2 scenes he was allowed to say anything about Blaine's cheating. And he managed miracles in his non-verbal scenes, scenes with Blaine but also most of his other scenes throughout the season. There was this constant melancholy and vulnerability in Kurt whenever he had some focus. And in all his scenes with Blaine he had this protective wall around him, not coolness but a mental shield because his trust was shattered.

If it had been up to the writers Kurt would have been lovey dovey with Blaine again at Christmas. But that backfired because of Chris' acting (and the director of that episode allowing that acting choice to be in the episode), and probably also the fandom's reaction. They forced Klaine back together again at the non-wedding, but it was obvious that didn't really work either. And I bet CMW turned out to be more bittersweet than it was intented to be because of Chris showing us how hurt and conflicted Kurt was.

Now, in 4x21, I think the writers (or at least Brad) have caught up with how someone who has been cheated on really should feel, even months afterwards, as this is how Chris played Kurt consistently and truthfully, in combination with the fan reactions of fans who are not Klainers. The writers finally see that a quick fix is not good enough and will only ruin Klaine more, so now they are giving into how Chris knew Kurt should feel, even though they still can't resist worshipping at Blaine's altar despite of how that damages/neglects Kurt's feelings/story.
If I'm not mistaken 4x22 will show (although probably half-hearted and ambiguous) that Kurt is 1) not over the cheating, 2) still has lingering feelings for Blaine and 3) but indeed has moved on for now, whether he is with Adam or not. Kurt will get no sufficient dialogue nor POV to express this, but it will be in his actions and the writers will rely on Chris' acting to get the message across.
Blaine will not propose, and next season, if they still want to, Klaine can get slowly rebuild in New York. But as this is Glee I expect them to screw that up too.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/7/2013, 8:42 am

Glorfindel wrote:^I liked Blaine in 'Choke' too: he was mostly in the background being supportive of Kurt, and when he had a line it was funny.
The car scene in TFT was anything but 'hot'. It was disturbing and borderline sexual assault, no matter how you twist it. I was proud of Kurt too, standing up for himself like that.

If it hadn't been for Chris brilliant acting throughout season 4, Blaine would have come out of the cheating storyline smelling like roses. Noone ever called Blaine out on his cheating, not Burt, not Tina, not Sam, and certainly not Kurt (except for those few seconds in 'Glease'). Finn made an half-ass attempt but then was all up Blaine's ass again with his "glue of the Glee club" comment.

The way Kurt has been written I think the writers thought that cheating with a random was not such a big deal and they just wanted to push Kurt back to Blaine without much further ado. They purposely denied Kurt any strong and immediate reaction to the cheating, and they kept Kurt's screentime to the absolute minimum, to prevent Chris from showing us too well how much Kurt is hurting, should be hurting, with his stellar acting. RIB know how strong an actor Chris is and that he would have the sympathy votes on his side in this if he had been allowed to give Kurt a POV, so they deliberately ignored him.
But Chris managed to convey that message anyway, in his 1 1/2 scenes he was allowed to say anything about Blaine's cheating. And he managed miracles in his non-verbal scenes, scenes with Blaine but also most of his other scenes throughout the season. There was this constant melancholy and vulnerability in Kurt whenever he had some focus. And in all his scenes with Blaine he had this protective wall around him, not coolness but a mental shield because his trust was shattered.

If it had been up to the writers Kurt would have been lovey dovey with Blaine again at Christmas. But that backfired because of Chris' acting (and the director of that episode allowing that acting choice to be in the episode), and probably also the fandom's reaction. They forced Klaine back together again at the non-wedding, but it was obvious that didn't really work either. And I bet CMW turned out to be more bittersweet than it was intented to be because of Chris showing us how hurt and conflicted Kurt was.

Now, in 4x21, I think the writers (or at least Brad) have caught up with how someone who has been cheated on really should feel, even months afterwards, as this is how Chris played Kurt consistently and truthfully, in combination with the fan reactions of fans who are not Klainers. The writers finally see that a quick fix is not good enough and will only ruin Klaine more, so now they are giving into how Chris knew Kurt should feel, even though they still can't resist worshipping at Blaine's altar despite of how that damages/neglects Kurt's feelings/story.
If I'm not mistaken 4x22 will show (although probably half-hearted and ambiguous) that Kurt is 1) not over the cheating, 2) still has lingering feelings for Blaine and 3) but indeed has moved on for now, whether he is with Adam or not. Kurt will get no sufficient dialogue nor POV to express this, but it will be in his actions and the writers will rely on Chris' acting to get the message across.
Blaine will not propose, and next season, if they still want to, Klaine can get slowly rebuild in New York. But as this is Glee I expect them to screw that up too.

banzai I agree completely, Marie. They really found quite a gem with Chris, and they waste his talents so that they can kiss Darren's ass. I've noticed a pattern here. RIB takes all the good actors, and kicks the crap out of their characters because they're the only ones who can handle the material. They've found their new punching bag in Ryder because they finally got a damn clue and realized that Blake is a good actor and much more interesting to watch than Blarren or Jarley. They did the sane thing to Dianna and Quinn. I would love to play a character on that show and be a total meta and just voice everything the fandom thinks about Blanderson. I'm sure that would be entertaining. Twisted Evil
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/7/2013, 10:23 pm

Also I'm agree they found a gem with Chris, such a precious gem. And that why I disliked when Robert said once in a TGP episode they created the show as a way to find a new person who inspires Ryan to write a character, like it happened with Chris. What I'm wondering is if do they understand that something that happen one in a million?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/7/2013, 10:30 pm

brisallie wrote:Also I'm agree they found a gem with Chris, such a precious gem. And that why I disliked when Robert said once in a TGP episode they created the show as a way to find a new person who inspires Ryan to write a character, like it happened with Chris. What I'm wondering is if do they understand that something that happen one in a million?

Also true. Although, I will admit that he got lucky with Blake. Not so much with Alex, though. Suspect Beccas a decent actor also.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/7/2013, 10:41 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
brisallie wrote:Also I'm agree they found a gem with Chris, such a precious gem. And that why I disliked when Robert said once in a TGP episode they created the show as a way to find a new person who inspires Ryan to write a character, like it happened with Chris. What I'm wondering is if do they understand that something that happen one in a million?

Also true. Although, I will admit that he got lucky with Blake. Not so much with Alex, though. Suspect Beccas a decent actor also.

You're right. Blake and Becca are decent actors, and they were lucky to find them too. But the thing is since Chris they haven't have such a person who has the impact that Chris, and by extend Kurt, has on people.

And I just wanna say that Alex sings well, I granted, but nothing else.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/7/2013, 10:46 pm

brisallie wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

You're right. Blake and Becca are decent actors, and they were lucky to find them too. But the thing is since Chris they haven't have such a person who has the impact that Chris, and by extend Kurt, has on people.

And I just wanna say that Alex sings well, I granted, but nothing else.

Alex sings well when his voice is under control, and I'll admit that for a guy, his voice is very unique and impressive, but he usually overdoes it on everything and it grates my eardrums. I haven't bought a single song that he's sang on because his voice is just so irritating. dryy
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/10/2013, 5:56 pm

-I don't think Rachel is as selfish as some of you think. She did sacrifice herself/her dreams for her loved ones...twice. She wanted to stay behind in Lima with Finn and Kurt at the end of season three, and she wanted to skip the Funny Girl audition in "Diva" this season for fear of losing her friends and loved ones with her diva behavior. Things go to her head still, but I think she's progressed from the girl who sent her competition to a crackhouse. I'm sure if one of her dad's was ill, she'd skip two weeks of school for them just as Kurt did. Maybe even a Broadway role.

-So proud of Kurt for finally moving on from Blaine. He's so strong here.

-I hate those bitchy gay guys at NYADA.

-Kitty was fantastic in the song she was given. She can dance, obviously, but her singing voice is much stronger than I initially realized. Why was Mercedes bashing the performance? I thought she did a great job. I hated the offensive "Do you want fries with that?" comment, and I loved Kurt standing up for Mercedes and against Kitty. (I've waited since 4x1 for him to say something bitchy to her).

-The Artie/Kitty dynamic was interesting, and I like Kitty a little more because of it. I enjoyed Artie's storyline. No matter how talented/driven someone is, chasing one's dreams and tackling the adult world is scary as hell. His hesitation felt realistic, but I'm glad he's going to NYC now. The scene with his mom was touching.

-Kurt should have said: "My dad has cancer, you cunt." I'm so sick of Tina being a peice of shit toward Kurt. Somebody slap her. And don't you dare tell me that the girl who knows everything about everyone's lives (including the people in NYC) doesn't know about the father of a former friends' cancer. He (Burt) still lives in Lima, after all. Why on earth were Kitty and Tina backing Kurt up on his song? Neither one of them deserve to be anywhere near him.

-Kurt/Mike. Does anyone else ship this? LOL! Wink

-The return of Kurtcedes was sweet, but Amber's acting irritated me in this episode. Maybe I prefer Hummelberry because Chris and Lea are evenly matched as actors? Mercedes irritated me in this episode, I'm sad to say. I forgot how...loud, almost obnoxious...she can be sometimes. Her storyline was good and true to life. Image is important in the entertainment industry and sex sells, unfortunatley.

-Kurt already met someone else, Blaine. His name is Adam.

-Burt wasn't ruined, but I hate how he mentioned that they were too young and not the fact that THEY WERE NOT TOGETHER! I hate how he "ships Klaine" but with reservations. He shouldn't ship it at all if he really loves his son. Blaine was pouting like a child.

-Mike and Jake dancing together was great.

-Rachel calling Mr Schue was sweet, IMO.

-Kurt's reaction to Blaine's "question" confused me. Cute, but confusing. I couldn't tell if he was expecting another question or if he was just trying to be polite and patient.

-Kurt dancing with Mercede's jacket was cute and sexy at the same time.

-The breath control moment with Mercedes and Marley was adorable. Kurtcedes dancing together was so cute.

-Kurt and Burt yelling at each other in the waiting room felt raw and true to real life, stressful situations. Burt is cured...yay! Sweet moment with Kurt, Carole and Burt. The "old people sex" comment and Kurt's reaction was adorable.

-Kurt's song bored me while listening to it (despite Chris' warm lower range) but the performance was full of charm, charisma and joy. Chris' movements/expressions during the "You are the apple of my eye" line almost felt like sign language...it was really cool to watch.

-I actually thought "dirty cute" was cute. That's Kurt in a nutshell in terms of sex appeal. Cute and sexy at the same time (how does he do it?) Kurt's near eyeroll was hilarious.

-Kurt's sudden OCD tendencies are heartbreaking yet interesting to watch. True to character, given that Kurt is a perfectionist and a little uptight sometimes. I can relate, because I am also a little OCD myself sometimes. A person under a massive amount of stress will sometimes seek to lighten the stress load by coping in unusual ways...hence, the OCD. It makes sense that Kurt would want to unconsciously seek any amount of control over his awful situation in ways that don't make logical sense, but they still make him feel better. Poor dear. The clothes, the nose touching, the sugar packets...both heartbreaking and fasinacting to watch. I wonder if Kurt and Emma could bond over something like this? His outburst was understandable.

-Rachel still can't dance, LOL. I am relieved about the change of heart from Cassie, though. Talent and ambition should be nutured and not crushed. Being a real life "Rachel Berry" in high school, I'm sure someone like Chris can relate. Sure, he had a HS drama teacher bully him and tell him he was untalented, arrogant and would be unsuccessful, which probably only made him more determined. But it's a harmful stance for a "teacher" to take, and I think it's just awful and unprofessional. I still thought Cassie was overly cruel and antagonistic toward Rachel before the celebration (telling her she looked like a troll, that she would fail, sleeping with Brody in the past and rubbing it in her face? Come ON!) I sure as hell would never want to see Kurt deal with a bullying teacher like that, and it's also painful for me to see Rachel being abused/harrassed in such a manner. Kissing her ass isn't nessassarry, but neither is picking on her. The only characters I like to see get tortured are the truly nasty ones who hurt others....(aka, I liked Sue getting her very own "Sue" with Roz in her face). Rachel is a sweet girl who means well and I don't think she deserves such abuse from such a bitter, hateful human being. She will always be running into characters like that (and like Quinn and Santana) and that makes her an underdog to me. I root for her. She will always have people and characters against her, and that gets her my sympathy. And I do think she's worked for her success and has the talent/ambition to make it. I don't begrudge her her success, but I do think it's too soon for her to get her dream role. It would've been psychotic for a teacher to purposely fuck up the audition of a student, and I'm glad Rachel is left to fail or succeed on her own merrits. It's nice to see Cassie be supportive for once, instead of behaving like a bitter, jealous schoolmate. Teachers are supposed to be supportive, not discouraging.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/10/2013, 6:04 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:-I don't think Rachel is as selfish as some of you think. She did sacrifice herself/her dreams for her loved ones...twice. She wanted to stay behind in Lima with Finn and Kurt at the end of season three, and she wanted to skip the Funny Girl audition in "Diva" this season for fear of losing her friends and loved ones with her diva behavior. Things go to her head still, but I think she's progressed from the girl who sent her competition to a crackhouse. I'm sure if one of her dad's was ill, she'd skip two weeks of school for them just as Kurt did. Maybe even a Broadway role.

-So proud of Kurt for finally moving on from Blaine. He's so strong here.

-I hate those bitchy gay guys at NYADA.

-Kitty was fantastic in the song she was given. She can dance, obviously, but her singing voice is much stronger than I initially realized. Why was Mercedes bashing the performance? I thought she did a great job. I hated the offensive "Do you want fries with that?" comment, and I loved Kurt standing up for Mercedes and against Kitty. (I've waited since 4x1 for him to say something bitchy to her).

-The Artie/Kitty dynamic was interesting, and I like Kitty a little more because of it. I enjoyed Artie's storyline. No matter how talented/driven someone is, chasing one's dreams and tackling the adult world is scary as hell. His hesitation felt realistic, but I'm glad he's going to NYC now. The scene with his mom was touching.

-Kurt should have said: "My dad has cancer, you cunt." I'm so sick of Tina being a peice of shit toward Kurt. Somebody slap her. And don't you dare tell me that the girl who knows everything about everyone's lives (including the people in NYC) doesn't know about the father of a former friends' cancer. He (Burt) still lives in Lima, after all. Why on earth were Kitty and Tina backing Kurt up on his song? Neither one of them deserve to be anywhere near him.

-Kurt/Mike. Does anyone else ship this? LOL! Wink

-The return of Kurtcedes was sweet, but Amber's acting irritated me in this episode. Maybe I prefer Hummelberry because Chris and Lea are evenly matched as actors? Mercedes irritated me in this episode, I'm sad to say. I forgot how...loud, almost obnoxious...she can be sometimes. Her storyline was good and true to life. Image is important in the entertainment industry and sex sells, unfortunatley.

-Kurt already met someone else, Blaine. His name is Adam.

-Burt wasn't ruined, but I hate how he mentioned that they were too young and not the fact that THEY WERE NOT TOGETHER! I hate how he "ships Klaine" but with reservations. He shouldn't ship it at all if he really loves his son. Blaine was pouting like a child.

-Mike and Jake dancing together was great.

-Rachel calling Mr Schue was sweet, IMO.

-Kurt's reaction to Blaine's "question" confused me. Cute, but confusing. I couldn't tell if he was expecting another question or if he was just trying to be polite and patient.

-Kurt dancing with Mercede's jacket was cute and sexy at the same time.

-The breath control moment with Mercedes and Marley was adorable. Kurtcedes dancing together was so cute.

-Kurt and Burt yelling at each other in the waiting room felt raw and true to real life, stressful situations. Burt is cured...yay! Sweet moment with Kurt, Carole and Burt. The "old people sex" comment and Kurt's reaction was adorable.

-Kurt's song bored me while listening to it (despite Chris' warm lower range) but the performance was full of charm, charisma and joy. Chris' movements/expressions during the "You are the apple of my eye" line almost felt like sign language...it was really cool to watch.

-I actually thought "dirty cute" was cute. That's Kurt in a nutshell in terms of sex appeal. Cute and sexy at the same time (how does he do it?) Kurt's near eyeroll was hilarious.

-Kurt's sudden OCD tendencies are heartbreaking yet interesting to watch. True to character, given that Kurt is a perfectionist and a little uptight sometimes. I can relate, because I am also a little OCD myself sometimes. A person under a massive amount of stress will sometimes seek to lighten the stress load by coping in unusual ways...hence, the OCD. It makes sense that Kurt would want to unconsciously seek any amount of control over his awful situation in ways that don't make logical sense, but they still make him feel better. Poor dear. The clothes, the nose touching, the sugar packets...both heartbreaking and fasinacting to watch. I wonder if Kurt and Emma could bond over something like this? His outburst was understandable.

-Rachel still can't dance, LOL. I am relieved about the change of heart from Cassie, though. Talent and ambition should be nutured and not crushed. Being a real life "Rachel Berry" in high school, I'm sure someone like Chris can relate. Sure, he had a HS drama teacher bully him and tell him he was untalented, arrogant and would be unsuccessful, which probably only made him more determined. But it's a harmful stance for a "teacher" to take, and I think it's just awful and unprofessional. I still thought Cassie was overly cruel and antagonistic toward Rachel before the celebration (telling her she looked like a troll, that she would fail, sleeping with Brody in the past and rubbing it in her face? Come ON!) I sure as hell would never want to see Kurt deal with a bullying teacher like that, and it's also painful for me to see Rachel being abused/harrassed in such a manner. Kissing her ass isn't nessassarry, but neither is picking on her. The only characters I like to see get tortured are the truly nasty ones who hurt others....(aka, I liked Sue getting her very own "Sue" with Roz in her face). Rachel is a sweet girl who means well and I don't think she deserves such abuse from such a bitter, hateful human being. She will always be running into characters like that (and like Quinn and Santana) and that makes her an underdog to me. I root for her. She will always have people and characters against her, and that gets her my sympathy. And I do think she's worked for her success and has the talent/ambition to make it. I don't begrudge her her success, but I do think it's too soon for her to get her dream role. It would've been psychotic for a teacher to purposely fuck up the audition of a student, and I'm glad Rachel is left to fail or succeed on her own merrits. It's nice to see Cassie be supportive for once, instead of behaving like a bitter, jealous schoolmate. Teachers are supposed to be supportive, not discouraging.

Yes, Tina's a major bitch. I don't care what happens to her.

I totally ship kurt/mike! I wanted them to just randomly announce to the choir room that they were dating. Wouldn't that have been a mindfuck?

I like Kitty, but I loved seeing Kurt bitch her out. She had it coming.

I agree with you Cassie. I didn't have a problem with her supporting Rachel. My problem was that it came completely put of left field and was inconsistent with how she's been characterized in the past.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/10/2013, 6:18 pm

-Kurt/Mike...Murt? I don't know. What's a good ship name? Wink

-It did come out of nowhere. Cassie slept with Brody to fuck with Rachel's head, and she rubbed it in her face. She did NOT do it for his abs. Very uneven writing there. I still prefer this over her actively ruining Rachel's audition.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/10/2013, 6:27 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:-Kurt/Mike...Murt? I don't know. What's a good ship name? Wink.

Chummel could work. Wink

ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/10/2013, 7:21 pm

I like it! Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/10/2013, 8:00 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:-Kurt/Mike...Murt? I don't know. What's a good ship name? Wink.

Chummel could work. Wink

or Hang? phr34r
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/10/2013, 8:04 pm

fantastica wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Chummel could work. Wink

or Hang? phr34r

That's almost as dirty as Kum. moque
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/11/2013, 2:49 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
fantastica wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Chummel could work. Wink

or Hang? phr34r

That's almost as dirty as Kum. moque

I think their ship name is Kurke. That's how most of the posts on Tumblr with Mike and Kurt were tagged even before episode 4x21.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/11/2013, 3:25 am

Kike? Kurike?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 5/11/2013, 10:12 am

fantastica wrote:Kike? Kurike?

Probably not Kike as it's a derogatory racial slur against a Jewish person xD. I'm voting Chummel or maybe Hung ~_^.
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/11/2013, 2:44 pm

TimF wrote:

Probably not Kike as it's a derogatory racial slur against a Jewish person xD. I'm voting Chummel or maybe Hung ~_^.

It is? o.o In our language is a nickname to those people called "Enrique".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/11/2013, 3:19 pm

brisallie wrote:
TimF wrote:

Yes, unfortunately. I still like Chummel. It doesn't sound nearly as dirty. phr34r
And I prefer Hevans for the Kurt/Sam relationship for the same reason.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/11/2013, 3:51 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:-I don't think Rachel is as selfish as some of you think. She did sacrifice herself/her dreams for her loved ones...twice. She wanted to stay behind in Lima with Finn and Kurt at the end of season three, and she wanted to skip the Funny Girl audition in "Diva" this season for fear of losing her friends and loved ones with her diva behavior. Things go to her head still, but I think she's progressed from the girl who sent her competition to a crackhouse. I'm sure if one of her dad's was ill, she'd skip two weeks of school for them just as Kurt did. Maybe even a Broadway role.

I don't know . . . I'm sure you're right about what she'd do if one of her dads got sick, but I saw her offers to sacrifice her career and audition as so much showboating. She knew she'd be discouraged from following through (and Finn did just that--though quite cruelly--by forcing her onto a train). She likes to look good and generous, but I don't think that she's *that* generous. She is likes to SEE herself that way, though.

I see her as like Blaine, but with more talent and enough more self awareness/ability to learn (within the confines of the glee-verse) that she has some depth.

Really, I think Blaine should explore his bi tendencies and date Rachel after all. It's a match made in heaven--until Rachel realizes that Blaine is riding HER coattails now.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/11/2013, 5:03 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:

Yes, unfortunately. I still like Chummel. It doesn't sound nearly as dirty. phr34r

I do also prefer Hevans. It sounds better and less dirty than Kum.

AnneNeville wrote:....
Really, I think Blaine should explore his bi tendencies and date Rachel after all. It's a match made in heaven--until Rachel realizes that Blaine is riding HER coattails now.

There was a moment I would have seen Blaine and Rachel dating, because it was pointed by lots of people that Blaine seems to be more like the male star than Finn (though Kurt was the one who gave me that impression at some point), but currently I see Blaine exploring his bi tendencies with Tina. She's so ready to jump on of him. blinkk
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/11/2013, 5:10 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:-Kurt/Mike...Murt? I don't know. What's a good ship name? Wink

I think the official or accepted ship name is Kurke. And yes, it exists. ;-)

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/11/2013, 5:13 pm

brisallie wrote:
TimF wrote:

Yah, these things can get confusing in different languages. I suppose that the nickname for Enrique is pronounced differently than the derogatory ethnic slur.

Last edited by AnneNeville on 5/11/2013, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/11/2013, 5:16 pm

brisallie wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

I do also prefer Hevans. It sounds better and less dirty than Kum.

AnneNeville wrote:....

There was a moment I would have seen Blaine and Rachel dating, because it was pointed by lots of people that Blaine seems to be more like the male star than Finn (though Kurt was the one who gave me that impression at some point), but currently I see Blaine exploring his bi tendencies with Tina. She's so ready to jump on of him. blinkk

But Blaine isn't very talented, and Tina isn't important enough for him to ride on her coat-tails. It has to be Rachel. After all, she's his "vocal equal" even if they don't have Finchel's "dangerous musical chemistry." I'm sure, though, that Blaine would let Tina join him and Rachel if Tina agrees to take the part of Blaine's wardrobe-coordinator and personal assistant.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next