Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread

+21
bayth
Lottie2303
Divalicious
brisallie
Ireth
Delight
valkeakuulas
sheny
Glorfindel
coxfire
arina
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
M&M
fantastica
opals
Ranwing
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
25 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 11 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap27%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 3/8/2013, 11:13 am

Going on tumblr (which today is vastly entertaining) you see all kinds of pronouncements for the Blarren stans about how Kurt should be with Blaine and not continue to hold the cheating against him because Blaine so clearly regrets what he did. Now, it's certainly very nice that Blaine feels all guilty and regretful about his cheating, but that in no way means that Klaine should reconcile or that he deserves to have Kurt back. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how much you feel badly about something you did because it doesn’t undo the damage. If Blaine had struck someone with his car and killed him, it wouldn’t matter how badly Blaine feels about it. The other person would still be dead. This isn’t all that different. Blaine feels horrible about being stupid and weak and hurting and that’s a good thing.

What it doesn’t mean is that he and Kurt should ever get back together. Him feeling badly doesn’t erase the hurt and loss of trust that he blasted into Kurt’s life. It doesn’t change the fact that Kurt was left shattered at finding that it only took a few weeks before the supposed love of his life strayed. The damage has been done. Now I’m not going to ignore the stupidity of the Glee writers who will very possibly force these two back together, but the one thing I will never buy is this rediculous idea that Blaine somehow deserves to have Kurt back because he feels badly. Because he doesn’t. Not by a long shot.

Kurt deserves better, and he’s got that right now with Adam. Adam has proven how much better he is for Kurt with the simple act of maturity of actually talking to Kurt when he sensed that something was wrong. He didn’t go behind Kurt’s back, or try to embarass him as a “cheater” when he learned that Kurt’s feelings were so conflicted. He showed caring and understanding and compassion for a young man that he’s clearly quite infatuated with. Adam is a man, whereas Blaine is a spoiled child.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Delight 3/8/2013, 11:21 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I just rewatched (skipping over the performances), and you know what the biggest problem is with last night episode was? For all the songs that they had in Lima, there was basically no development for any of the Lima students. They only "complicated" the Ryder/Marley/Jake triangle a bit with Jake admitting Valentine's Day, and Marley admitting Ryder kissed her.

All of the development went to the NY stuff, and the adults in McKinley.

^ I agree, especially with the bolded text. McKinley gets the lion's share of the songs and screentime, and yet, there's minimal development for any of the characters there. Then again, I shudder to think about a McKinley-heavy episode with minimal songs, because then we'd be subjected to the type of drama there that really doesn't interest me at all.

Ranwing wrote:
Bullshit. Because Kurt is stating very clearly that he doesn’t want to be torn about Blaine any longer.He’s had enough of feeling badly that the greasy little hobbit cheated on him. He was the one who had his happiness in the relationship shredded and the future of love and happiness thrown into the garbage like it meant nothing. It’s like saying “I have tuberculosis. I don’t want to have it, because it totally sucks and makes me feel like crap all the time, but I have it and I want it to go away!”

So there you have it… Blaine is tuberculosis and Adam is the antidote.

Razz This made me laugh. Thank you for the imagery.

Ranwing wrote:
Kurt deserves better, and he’s got that right now with Adam. Adam has proven how much better he is for Kurt with the simple act of maturity of actually talking to Kurt when he sensed that something was wrong. He didn’t go behind Kurt’s back, or try to embarass him as a “cheater” when he learned that Kurt’s feelings were so conflicted. He showed caring and understanding and compassion for a young man that he’s clearly quite infatuated with. Adam is a man, whereas Blaine is a spoiled child.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, it's difficult to imagine Blaine being all that remorseful about his cheating when in between his scenes with Kurt, he's all happy and "Kurt, who?" and crushing on Sam.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/8/2013, 11:23 am

The Shout performance looks very strange-- complete with ND members wriggling on the library floor like they're in army boot camp and a close up of Brittany's butt. Also, Brittany's flat singing voice kinda ruined what should be an energetic song. Is this the 500th performance that Fox was trying to promote? It's such a far, far cry from the quality of the 'Rumours/Someone like you' mash up. I like this song better when I heard it in the Sister's Act movie.

The Kurt and Adam Downton Abbey voice impressions are so adorable! I'm trying to work out who Kurt is trying to impersonate... The chef/cook? And Adam must be Daisy the chef assistant then.

The Klaine montage would've made more sense if it's from Blaine's POV with the whole CWM sequence being Blaine's fantasy. Kurt looks sad in the CWM fantasy sequence. And that's all I have to say about the whole thing.

Kurt's bitchfaces at Santana when she keeps rubbing the Klaine in Adam's face are quite amusing to watch.

Santana blatantly going through everyone's belongings like that without remorse? Flatmate from hell-type behaviour, being sold as funny and quirky? Oh well, Santana gets a free pass for horrible behaviour like she always does on this show, so I'm not suprised. Can't be bothered to feel outraged. I'll just choose to be entertained instead.

Santana could accurately deduce the nature of Brody's shady activities from a pager and a wad of cash? Hmm... it seems that her Lima heights street smarts have granted her Sherlock-esque deductive powers.

Emma's parents giving meta commentary about poor fore-planning for college... Sigh, more of this problem-shooting method employed by Glee writers to cover previous plot holes or improbable scenarios by getting some character to comment on them as a nudge-wink joke. That got stale since Sue Sylvester did it for the first time in season 3.

The Blam duet/mash up shows pantless guys. I suppose there are viewers who like that sort of thing?

Marley confiding in Kitty? WHYYYYYY??? Oh wait, I'm actually acting as if I'm interested in these characters. Moving on.

I like the Kadam studio scene. Adam is so mature and understanding (As Ranwing had commented, Adam behaves like an adult, when compared to the child-like Blaine). Wish I could see the Kadam movie date that was hinted at; but, once again, the Kadam relationship development is mostly occuring off screen. I am a bit exasperated that Kurt is still ambivalent about who he wants to be with. Cheating ex-bf who's currently crushing on another guy and who has a history of making your feel inferior and the third-choice option; or the understanding, English man who builds up your confidence and makes you laugh. Where is the dilemma in this scenario? Where?

(I do hope that Adam wouldn't be so understanding that he'd allow Kurt to trot back to Blaine later on without fighting to keep him)

I think this episode is bearable if you consider most of the songs to be fluffy fillers. I don't think I like any of the songs, though Kurt does sound beautiful in his part in CWM. Matt is a good singer, but I don't recognize the songs he sings and they're quite forgettable.

I see that Unique had replaced Mercedes as the background wail-er.

Santana digging through the trash in the bathroom is getting into not only invasive but gross territory. The Pezberry scene would have crashed and burned in the hands of less capable actresses. Yes, their friendship still feels contrived, but these two somehow made it work to some extent.

The Jake/Marley/Ryder 'Unchained melody' performance is so-so. All I could think of as I watch it is how I would love for the show to do something like this for CWM with Blaine/Kurt/Adam.

So many kissing confessions (Marley, Finn)! So much relationship drama! So... *yawn*

Oh, Cory's acting is actually pretty good in his scenes with Mr Schue. I wish they could give Finn more meaty storylines so that we could at least get better acted scenes in McKinley.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/8/2013, 11:33 am

Ranwing wrote:Going on tumblr (which today is vastly entertaining) you see all kinds of pronouncements for the Blarren stans about how Kurt should be with Blaine and not continue to hold the cheating against him because Blaine so clearly regrets what he did. Now, it's certainly very nice that Blaine feels all guilty and regretful about his cheating, but that in no way means that Klaine should reconcile or that he deserves to have Kurt back. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how much you feel badly about something you did because it doesn’t undo the damage. If Blaine had struck someone with his car and killed him, it wouldn’t matter how badly Blaine feels about it. The other person would still be dead. This isn’t all that different. Blaine feels horrible about being stupid and weak and hurting and that’s a good thing.

What it doesn’t mean is that he and Kurt should ever get back together. Him feeling badly doesn’t erase the hurt and loss of trust that he blasted into Kurt’s life. It doesn’t change the fact that Kurt was left shattered at finding that it only took a few weeks before the supposed love of his life strayed. The damage has been done. Now I’m not going to ignore the stupidity of the Glee writers who will very possibly force these two back together, but the one thing I will never buy is this rediculous idea that Blaine somehow deserves to have Kurt back because he feels badly. Because he doesn’t. Not by a long shot.

Yes, the whole "but Blaine feels so guilty" argument is BS. Actions have consequences, and Blaine has to learn to face them. It's like Rachel choking all over again, people make mistakes but never have to deal with the result of their screw up (except Kurt ho gets to be called a fag and poison when he went overboard with Finn in S1, double standards much?).

What consequences did Blaine face after the cheating? He moped, and whined and self-pitied himself. If the writers had any brains, that's the lesson they should teach him: you once had a nice relationship with a fantastic guy, and you screwed it up. Deal with it and move on.

Adam is so more mature than Blaine, it irks me that Kurt "has to" go back to Blaine "because". I have the feeling we'll never get to see Kurt and Adam relationship, they'll certainly never sing a duet, God forbid Kurt sings with someone else than Perfect Blaine! We'll never get to see them kiss, it would be lese-majeste to Klainers, we'll never get to see them build their relationship, let's be content with the crumbs we had in this episode.

I really liked Adam's straightforwardness asking Kurt if he was his rebound. And I feel for Kurt who is at core a caring person , probably still lost and unsure of where he stands, and who wouldn't want to deliberatly hurt Adam. I wish they would allow him to move on. And seriously, what good would it make to reunite Kurt and Blaine? The distance would still be there, and Kurt would always be stressed by the fact that Blaine might cheat, or sacrifice part of his social life to reassure Blaine and prevent him to cheat again. Their relationship is not healthy anymore, so let's develop another one.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/8/2013, 11:37 am

I more or less agree with Dr She Bloggo and her review of this episode so i'm gonna post it :

Generally-speaking, the structure of this episode was a little bananas. Act breaks happened in really weird places, and exposition came from left field. (Seriously, they couldn't figure out a better way for Santana to talk about Brody being a psycho besides just having her get up and announce it?) Beyond that, the choice to pay homage to famous film numbers didn't have as much impact as perhaps the showrunners intended. The musical performances were actually the worst part of this episode, save for the stylized opener, simply because their content wasn't actually all that relevant. They just made me want to watch Moulin Rouge itself, instead of sitting through the songs cribbed from it for less dramatic impact. (Also, shouldn't the girls be disqualified for their mashup being completely snitched from the movie itself? I mean, Marley was spouting Jim Broadbent's dialogue. They don't lose originality points for that?)

Anyways, the backwards (and probably unintended) result of this construct was that "Girls (And Boys) On Film" was an episode of Glee where the actual scene content was stronger than the musical numbers padding out the hour. When's the last time that happened? Usually the music is what hides the imperfections in Glee storytelling, giving the episodes at least a mindless jolt of energy if not, at its best, an emotional anchor. But this episode's musical numbers were flatter than ever, and instead we got three, maybe four nuanced dramatic scenes and a solid smattering of comedy.

The episode's strongest scene goes to Kurt and his new beau Adam, in a refreshing conversation intended to cut the bullshit. I love when characters decide to cut the bullshit! We had to wade through some BS to get to this point, though, naturally. See, Kurt gets all weepy watching Moulin Rouge because he always dreamed he'd sing "Come What May" with Blaine at his wedding. Adam notices, Santana spills the truth tea, and Kurt tries to hide the feelings. I don't think these story elements are all that bullshitty (except for maybe Santana knowing what Kurt and Blaine want to sing at their wedding) - but the musical number was. It's one thing if Kurt watches Moulin Rouge and fantasizes about singing the song with Blaine. But with the way "Come What May" actually happened in the episode, it felt more like Inception than Moulin Rouge. As in, they decide to watch the movie, we cut to commercial, and when we're back, Blaine is wandering on top of a rooftop wistfully singing to the night sky. Kurt is nowhere to be seen.

I'm sorry, but aren't we in Kurt's fantasy? Why did he not even bother showing up for it until it was time for the harmony? Couldn't we at least have him watching Blaine sing, like Marley watched herself confuse her love interests over the potter's wheel? As it stands, we have a Kurt fantasy that doesn't even seem like a Kurt fantasy because it's not even from his point of view. And the writers tried to cover that up by sticking a commercial between Kurt's POV and the actual musical number, to break it in two. You can't fool me, show! I have DVR! I fast-forwarded through the ads! Honestly, the whole things smelled like a reason to give Blaine most of the song, with the nasty side effect of completely marginalizing Kurt from his own POV and also confusing the hell out of the audience. It was like a fantasy within a fantasy within a fantasy. But look - slow dancing and twinkly lights! How romantic.

Sorry. That was the BS that set the scene for Kurt and Adam's BS-cutting interaction. Adam is straightforward with Kurt, who does his best to be truthful in return. In an echo of the conflict between Kurt's wishes and reality, it's not as simple as wanting to forgive someone, or be over someone, and making that materialize emotionally. I appreciated that continuation of Kurt's complicated feelings, and the acknowledgement that it's near impossible to move on when you're stuck hoping for a fantasy. While Adam making it clear that he can't compete with that is perhaps a gloomy harbinger of their demise, I still liked that he brought it up. Because it's true. And Kurt knows it, judging by his forced enthusiasm at scene's end. All in all, it was an interesting interaction to shake out onscreen.

The other darling thing from these two was their impressions of the characters from Downton Abbey, which frankly showed up Sam's blowhard impersonation of Nicolas Cage. I'm less about Adam's take on Mr. Carson, mostly because I couldn't stop laughing at how accurate they were at imitating Mrs. Patmore and Daisy. Not only are they two of the funnier characters to mimic, Chris Colfer and Oliver Kieran Jones were eerily spot-on with it. So delightful.

The roommate dynamic has much more possibility for this type of goofy comedy now, with Santana around to poke fun of Kurt and Rachel, accentuating their dork status by contrast, and getting dragged into it herself. "Girls (And Boys) On Film" already made good use of the new trio's back-and-forth(-and-back) by pitting Kurt and Santana against Brody, as they think he's actually a drug dealer. They got a lot of joke mileage out of this concept - my personal favorite is a toss-up between Santana's confusion over Brody offering her a New York makeover, and her description of him showering: "scrubbing the drug shame from his frictionless body." But the montage of Santana going through all of Rachel and Kurt's belongings was pretty great as well, if only for the sight gag of Naya Rivera flailing on the ground with her head under the bed. How nice to see her getting some physical comedy to go with the usual verbal charge!

The Rachel/Santana scene didn't quite rank as high for me as a few others in the episode, but it was an interesting vehicle for the new turn in this duo's dynamic. I confess, I'm still not really on board with Santana saying things like, "Rachel, I'm your friend! You can trust me!" in complete earnest, but hey. We can get there. What I liked more is how defensive and angry Rachel was in response to Santana, which felt like a very real reaction for someone who is scared and alone and taking a lot of crap from an uninvited house guest. And I like the idea that because Santana is an uninvited house guest, who has decided to pry into Rachel's business, she's kind of all Rachel has, whether she likes it or not, and so Rachel kind of has to open up to her. It's a nice way to show both sides of this prickly friendship, in the classic "lock them in a room together and make them be friends!" tradition. So, cue the floodgates, and the moment we thought we'd never see on Glee: Santana holding Rachel in her arms and telling her it'll all be okay. You know what they say; babies make for strange bedfellows! Erm, metaphorically-speaking.

I think the best scene of the episode, for me, was Will and Emma finally getting a chance to talk about their botched nuptials. Again, this did a lot to cut through all the BS people like Finn were spouting all episode long. Because naturally, Glee applied its classic male-female interaction paradigm, and even hung a lampshade on it through dialogue:

Will: She's made it clear she doesn't want to see me.
Finn: Well, then make her want to see you.

I don't know if the urge to laugh of cry was stronger, when these awful words fell on my ears. It's classic Glee: when a lady's not doing what you want her to, just ignore her wishes and make her see it your way! She'll come around. Trying singing to her. It'll work. And, of course, this is exactly what Will did. Finn advised him to make the Grand Gesture, which sits at the end of every romcom, when a dude goes all out to "win" his girl back. My main problem here is not even on principle; it's the fact that this generalized movie bullshit was applied to a situation where it didn't even fit. Emma left Will at the altar; this story involves her POV more than anyone's. It's not about Will getting Emma back and proclaiming that he'll never leave her again. Fool, she left you! This whole exercise completely marginalizes Emma from her own story and replaces her with bland Hollywood nonsense. The arc should really be about Emma getting a chance to voice what made her run, and why.

Luckily, after another dumbass musical number cribbed from Say Anything, Emma actually got that opportunity. Turns out she felt like she didn't know Will anymore when he got back from DC, and didn't know what to do about it. Sure, it's kind of an underwhelming reason, but it's believable and a bit heartbreaking that something so small blew up so big. Plus, Jayma Mays was on my screen effortlessly acting her butt off and it's a surefire way to enchant me. But narratively speaking, this basically returns Will and Emma back to square one, and an eensy part of me wonders then what the point was. It'll be interesting to see the couple after this development, simply because the writers have deconstructed them so far away from their original fairytale paradigm that I'm curious to know how intent they are on demonstrating that in practice. Will and Emma, weirdly, feel like more real a couple than ever, with a lot of problems to work through and no promise for the future except the one they keep making to each other, despite the obstacles. In a strange way, I find that more romantic than any narrative promise of "endgame," the talk of "soulmates," or even any heartfelt duet. The little nod to the tradition of date-night moviegoing was a nice touch to theme, as well.

But the little hiccup in Will and Emma successfully moving forward at this point is, unfortunately, Finn's confession that he kissed Emma during her pre-wedding panic attack. This was another solid scene, although a bit melodramatic with Will's silent walkaway, and lacking the one element I really wanted, which was for Will to think Finn was joking when he first confessed it. How great would it have been for him to laugh in response to it, and then realize that Finn was being serious? Alas, that was not meant to be, as mostly we got Finn hurriedly explaining everything and Will looking more and more betrayed. So, the true love story of Glee has now been sullied by treachery and lies, and it's unclear whether these dudebros will recover. But I think they're going to sing about their feelings next week, so the broken trust stands a chance.

In the final continuation of "I Do," Marley confesses to first Kitty and then Jake that Ryder kissed her. Awkwardly, I didn't really care. Although for a brief moment - speaking of dudebros in love - I was confused by Marley's out-of-body experience and thought she might be watching Ryder and Jake canoodling over the potter's wheel. Anyways, I have little invested in this triangle, perhaps because Marley and Jake's innocent sweetness isn't interesting enough on its own, and somehow becomes even more boring with the added complication of the best friend. Wake me up when Kitty comes around to make fun of them all.

At the end of "Girls (And Boys) On Film," we were reminded that this "mash-off" was in fact a competition, one in which... everybody wins. The resulting outrage from the overly-competitive glee kids was pretty hilarious, I must say. Gettin' real tired of this shit, Mr. Schuester! But then they did another musical number that didn't matter, this time to "Footloose." By that point I'd taken to picking out the most attractive glee club member in each performance outfit. (Tina won the girls' mashup, Jake won the boys' mashup, and Sugar won "Footloose.")

Weirdly, the musical numbers of "Girls (And Boys) On Film" fell short of engaging and relevant, as Glee's scripted scenes actually took up the challenge. The added element of Santana in New York shakes up the dynamic and provided both comedic and dramatic content, and we got a few refreshing scenes that actively worked against the show's own BS! It was an unexpected hour of Glee, still telling outlandish stories and presenting its own half-baked universe of romantic drama and random character progression, but at the same time it found some good moments and refreshing emotional honesty in the spaces between.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 3/8/2013, 11:37 am

Haha I started typing this hours ago but then it was time for an ice cream buffet with my friends and I only just got back.

Firstly, let me say one of the best things about watching Glee is seeing what you have to say about it Smile.

I loved all the New York scenes. The Lima scenes with Finn, Will and Emma were good, the rest was just commercial break type performances. Though I did enjoy the performances except for Shout, which was boring. Vanessa and Kevin are wasted on the show, and I was so happy to see them do stuff (more for Artie, Sugar is just an extra, but a fun one).
Cory looks good as a redhead, you're right Karen, he looks like a Weasley.

I didn't like the meta commentary about kids deciding on which college to go to last minute. In season 3, I was willing to overlook that as it's fiction, not real life, but now that they've pointed out it's unrealistic within the show it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't like when they make light of their own poor writing.

I'm glad we got some insight into Kurt's feelings, and it looks like he is not going to get back together with Blaine anytime soon. (Of course RIB could decide otherwise, but this is the feeling I got from Kurt).

Adam is a sweetheart (yes I'm quoting him). I like him for himself, not just as a boyfriend for Kurt, but what a great boyfriend he is. He has fun with Kurt, he's supportive of Kurt and he's honest and straightforward when talking to Kurt. Oh, and he looks good Wink. During the snowed in scene, I rewound/rewinded (someone tell me the correct past tense of rewind haha thanks) so I could see both the faces Kurt made and the faces Adam made.

I liked what Santana brought to the New York side. Kurt, Rachel, Adam and Santana are gold together.

Oh, and Marley not knowing what to do with her clay-covered hands while tearing up after Jake left kind of made me laugh. Poor girl though.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/8/2013, 11:42 am

Delight wrote: I wish they could give Finn more meaty storylines so that we could at least get better acted scenes in McKinley.

The need to get Finn out of the choir room ASAP. Because his storyline is going absolutely nowhere. Finn started off with a really meaty problem that should have resulted (in the hands of better writers) in a fantastic storyline for him - a young man trying to find what he wants to do with his life when things don't work out as planned. Instead they stuck him in the choir room to babysit the noobs and his story has been non-existant. It we had even one scene where Finn showed that he was actually thinking of the next stage in his life, that maybe he finds working with the kids so engaging that he's coming to the decision that he wants to be a teacher, that would make him being in Lima worthwhile. But he's just hanging out there. It was bad enough when Schu wasn't around because while it was annoying to see his character wasted, at least he had something to keep him busy. Now that Schu is back, he's completely superfluous. Seeing him sitting there with the other "kids" was just so... demoralizing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/8/2013, 12:57 pm

I just finished the episode a couple of minutes ago. Overall Mckenley was a jukebox as you have pointed, there wasn't a real development but the Wemma and Jarley conflict. But besides of it, it was just an excuse to throw songs into the middle , though I won't deny that some of them were kinda catchy like Footloose for instance. Also I'd like to add how Finn needs a real storyline and not to be only a furniture in the choir room, because when I saw that scene when he confessed the kiss to Mr.Schue, I remembered how a subtle actor is Cory, and so does is Matt. But going back to Finn/Cory, is a pity how he's being wasted. What about his future?.

I really like NY, there's so much bitchy and dramedy between those four, I didn't even miss Brody. And though Santana was her usual self and was a little bit intrusive when she messed up the apartment searching for anything to prove that Brody has something to hide, I didn't bother. On herway she's trying to help Rachel, and talking about her, still I'm unsure if she's is pregnant or not? She cried so desperately that I felt bad for her.

Come what may, I can't believe I'm saying this but the scenography was pretty-yeah shallow comment- but I'm not so sure if it was Kurt's POV, for me it was just a fantasy that it wasn't explained well what was through Kurt's mind. Personally I see he still has feelings for Blaine, but by other side he really wants to move on as he said to Adam, so it can be taken as a farewell. But at the end, is a scene that will have different point of views.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/8/2013, 1:02 pm

brisallie wrote:I just finished the episode a couple of minutes ago. Overall Mckenley was a jukebox as you have pointed, there wasn't a real development but the Wemma and Jarley conflict. But besides of it, it was just an excuse to throw songs into the middle , though I won't deny that some of them were kinda catchy like Footloose for instance. Also I'd like to add how Finn needs a real storyline and not to be only a furniture in the choir room, because when I saw that scene when he confessed the kiss to Mr.Schue, I remembered how a subtle actor is Cory, and so does is Matt. But going back to Finn/Cory, is a pity how he's being wasted. What about his future?.

I really like NY, there's so much bitchy and dramedy between those four, I didn't even miss Brody. And though Santana was her usual self and was a little bit intrusive when she messed up the apartment searching for anything to prove that Brody has something to hide, I didn't bother. On herway she's trying to help Rachel, and talking about her, still I'm unsure if she's is pregnant or not? She cried so desperately that I felt bad for her.Come what may, I can't believe I'm saying this but the scenography was pretty-yeah shallow comment- but I'm not so sure if it was Kurt's POV, for me it was just a fantasy that it wasn't explained well what was through Kurt's mind. Personally I see he still has feelings for Blaine, but by other side he really wants to move on as he said to Adam, so it can be taken as a farewell. But at the end, is a scene that will have different point of views.

I'm not sure either. I wonder how long it as been since the ending of "I Do"? How long has she been late? I wonder if the Glee writers will make this pregnancy scare something more than that?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/8/2013, 1:17 pm

It looks like people have different opinion about last night's songs than ours, because 5 of the songs are in Top 100. CWM is 53th and Shout 86th. I don't want Darren and Heather's song to sell too good or be first. It will probably lead to more Blaine/Brittany duets. Last night was awful enough I don't want Brittany singing anything anymore.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/8/2013, 1:32 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

I'm not sure either. I wonder how long it as been since the ending of "I Do"? How long has she been late? I wonder if the Glee writers will make this pregnancy scare something more than that?

What Santana said? It was her first weekend in NY or her first weekend stucked in the apartment because it's snowing outside? I don't know if they follow real time, but probably is first week of March.

P.S I can't believe Kurt and Rachel have allowed Santana to live in their loft for free! If four people are living there, the four have to pay the rent. IMO

Last edited by brisallie on 3/8/2013, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2013, 1:39 pm

sheny wrote:It looks like people have different opinion about last night's songs than ours, because 5 of the songs are in Top 100. CWM is 53th and Shout 86th. I don't want Darren and Heather's song to sell too good or be first. It will probably lead to more Blaine/Brittany duets. Last night was awful enough I don't want Brittany singing anything anymore.

Honestly, I think some of Blarren's fans buy multiple copies of his songs to fix the numbers.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/8/2013, 1:50 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
sheny wrote:It looks like people have different opinion about last night's songs than ours, because 5 of the songs are in Top 100. CWM is 53th and Shout 86th. I don't want Darren and Heather's song to sell too good or be first. It will probably lead to more Blaine/Brittany duets. Last night was awful enough I don't want Brittany singing anything anymore.

Honestly, I think some of Blarren's fans buy multiple copies of his songs to fix the numbers.

I would not be surprise if thsat was the case.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/8/2013, 2:05 pm

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mjcpylSTL31qe476yo1_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2013, 2:26 pm

Glee on Fox has posted on Facebook asking what everyone's favorite moments in the episode were. If you follow Glee on Fox on Facebook, make sure you post your support for NY and Kadam. Of course, the Klainers are out in full force saying Klaine and CWM. Let's make our voices heard, too.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2013, 2:50 pm

I don't know who this person is, but I love this tweet!

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/8/2013, 3:19 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

What Santana said? It was her first weekend in NY or her first weekend stucked in the apartment because it's snowing outside? I don't know if they follow real time, but probably is first week of March.

P.S I can't believe Kurt and Rachel have allowed Santana to live in their loft for free! If four people are living there, the four have to pay the rent. IMO

I know! How the hell are they managing to stay in that loft?!

Btw, does anyone else think that Chris' Downton Abbey voice sounds like somebody's adorable grandmother? Laughing

Oh, and I loved Kurt's full bodied laughter in that scene...it wasn't the usual Kurt laugh. That really was Chris laughing with Adam in that scene! Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/8/2013, 3:29 pm

Just remember some or all of the proceeds, I can't remember, for Shout are being donated to the arts. I was pondering about buying it for that reason alone.

Adam and Kurt were adorable.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/8/2013, 3:29 pm

I watched half the epsiode, my laptop crashed and I had to get to work. I hated the MK part. I really, really hated it. Shoot was such a strange performance. My face basically was just 'WTF??!. Thus, I just downloaded the Kurt edit and read some recaps. I've seen everything I needed to see.

After last night, I am a recovered Klainer. Bring Adam back, let him be with Kurt and PLEASE add the Apples again. I want them to be explored. CWM was a just a huge cheesefest... as a Klainer, as a Kurt fan, as a CWM fan - that scene was bad! The flashbacks were such poor editing. It was a shame. Urgh, overall far too many songs. Another reasons why I did not need to see anymore scenes.

Chris, Naya, Lea and Oliver were superior actors last night, once again. Oliver formed a character for a very minor part and has more presence then most of the newbies combined. Chris and Naya were comedy gold and please let them be Frenemies on the show. Lea was good too, even though I don't care for Rachel and Brody.

That conversation at the end was flawless. Of course Klaine will be back together, it is Glee after all, but I hope they will give Kadam a chance. Especially because Chris is very vocal about Oliver. I hope he'll force the writers to abandon this ridiculous notion of endgame and show some reality: you most likely will fall in and out of love a few times in your life!

Overall, move the damn show to NYC. Writers and Fox, how can you not see and accept the superior side of the show in front of you? Why are you so hang up on new characters??! I really do not understand their reasoning. However, the NYC side received a lot of positive reviews so I hope some important suits are listening!

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 3/8/2013, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/8/2013, 3:33 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I watched half the epsiode, my laptop crashed and I hate to get to work. I hated the MK part. I really, really hated it. Shoot was such a strange performance. My face basically was just 'WTF??!. Thus, I just downloaded the Kurt edit and read some recaps. I've seen everything I needed to see.

After last night, I am a recovered Klainer. Bring Adam back, let him be with Kurt and PLEASE add the Apples again. I want them to be explored. CWM was a just a huge cheesefest... as a Klainer, as a Kurt fan, as a CWM fan - that scene was bad! The flashbacks were such poor editing. It was a shame. Urgh, overall far too many songs. Another reasons why I did not need to see anymore scenes.

Chris, Naya, Lea and Oliver were superior actors last night, once again. Oliver formed a character for a very minor part and has more presence then most of the newbies combined. Chris and Naya were comedy gold and please let them be Frenemies on the show. Lea was good too, even though I don't care for Rachel and Brody.

That conversation at the end was flawless. Of course Klaine will be back together, it is Glee after all, but I hope they will give Kadam a chance. Especially because Chris is very vocal about Oliver. I hope he'll force the writers to abandon this ridiculous notion of endgame and show some reality: you most likely will fall in and out of love a few times in your life!
Overall, move the damn show to NYC. Writers and Fox, how can you not see and accept the superior side of the show in front of you? Why are you so hang up on new characters??! I really do not understand their reasoning. However, the NYC side received a lot of positive reviews so I hope some important suits are listening!

Amen! A person's first love does not have to be their last or only love in this day and age. And I really think the term "soulmate" is thrown around far too often.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2013, 3:59 pm

Honestly, Kurt needs to cut Blaine out of his life completely to truly wants a chance to move on.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/8/2013, 4:00 pm

Part of the After Elton Recap I liked.

The best joke of this whole episode is how Kurt is so done with Santana until she starts throwing shade at Brody, and suddenly he's her best mate. They tell Rachel to call Brody and see if he's out dealing, but he just kind of blows her off and says he'll be home soon and gets back to hooking out in the snow. Also hilarious is how Adam has literally zero idea how to respond to Santana. He keeps trying to infuse some optimism into the situation, or at least make eye contact with Kurt, like, "Is she for real?" But Kurt and Rachel are so used to her amazingness, they just roll with it.

After the blizzard, Adam tracks down Kurt at NYADA and asks him straight up if Kurt is using him as a rebound. It's easily the most emotionally mature thing we've ever seen anyone do on this show, including every adult ever. And Kurt is equally as awesome in his reply. He responds as kindly as the question and says that he isn't over Blaine, but that he desperately wants to be over him. Adam's no dummy. When you've got a guy like Kurt Hummel standing in front of you with his palms outstretched and his heart open wide, you don't turn him away just because he's got ex-boyfriend baggage. He takes Kurt's hand and tells him they're going to find the sweetest, sexiest, sappiest movie in the world and they're going to start making their own rooftop memories.
www.afterelton.com

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2013, 4:28 pm

ok i finally watched the show - in less than 10 minutes. skipped all the newbie/blaine crap, including the the first 90% of CWM. i didn't see any "flashbacks" as a result and not that interested. sick of klaine since S3.

glee would be great if it's turned into a sitcom based in that NY loft. just kurt, rachel, santana and adam, plus the 2 girl's girl/boyfriend(s) comign and going. kurt doesn't have to date adam of course but i like adam and as long as kurt is not going back to oil slicker i am happy.

not enough kurt, i totally agree. not looking foward to the rest of the season.

@Divalicious - i understand you want to help charities, but you don't have to buy any songs (unless you really like them) in order to help the charities. you can donate directly to them and cut down the middle man so ALL of your money will go to the charities, rather than having most of them skimmed off by Fox and Murphy first.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/8/2013, 4:35 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Anyone outside of the Blarren stans can tell just from looking at episodes with solid NY time like last night, Diva, Swan Song, and Sadie Hawkins to see that the quaility of the acting and dare I say the writing is far superior on the NY side. Despite the miniscule Kurt in Naked, even that should the superiority of the NY side of the show.

I don't know why Fox doesn't put a stop to this nonsense with RIB and make them switch focus to NY, especially with Naya and the potential for Adam in the mix.

Also, I have to say that watching Lea in episodes like last night and Naked, she is a much better actress than lots of people give her credit for. When she's not bogged down with weak actors like Dean, or poor writing on the Finchel drama, and she is instead giving good material and actors to work with, she is a very solid actress. She doesn't capture the emotions quite as good as Chris, and she doesn't bring the best out of others the way Chris manages to, but she can definitely hold her own when she is working opposite quailty actors with decent material. It's a pity that they don't use her and Chris to the best of their abilities.

Last night was a reminder as to why it makes me sad and angry that we didn't get the spinoff.

I've always liked Lea and thought she was a fantastic actress. I think that most of the Glee fans would agree that she's one of the strongest actors among the "kid" cast...along with Chris, Naya and Corey.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/8/2013, 4:52 pm

Being the cruel, unfeeling person I am, I am willing to throw Finchel under the MustBeSOULMATEsbus. If RIB must have an endgame couple let it be them, and let Kurt move on. Kurt has always been mature, but also lonely. He meets a nice boy, that some consider hot, who fell for him with boyish enthusiasm, but Blaine remains a boy. Kurt is now meeting people who can sustain a mature relationship, something Blaine, at this point in time, is not capable of. Everything is the moment, or a grand gesture, like serenades in a store. The quiet things that keep people together he isn't as good at, and being independent, he is totally not good at. Kurt shouldn't have to be a baby sitter for Blaine.

CWM was lovely, and as I thought, it is more of a Klaine moment to give the stans before they investigate Kurt and Adam. Some can view it as Kurt seeing Blaine as his true love. Some may see it that even in Kurt's fantasy Blaine has more of a starring role than he does himself (like me). While being generous is a good thing in moderation, willingly making yourself less than you are is not. I saw it as something that leads into Adam's line about not being able to compete with a fantasy. This allows Kurt to see his perfect romantic dreams are indeed that, a fantasy, but he has a nice, attractive man willing to show him how good reality can be. He is ambivilent about leaving his past, because Kurt does not love lightly, but he is willing to try, and obviously, even though Adam knows he is basically a rebound person, Adam is willing to trust Kurt with not hurting him. I like how invested Adam seems in Kurt. Not that I don't think Kurt isn't interested in Adam, but it is nice to see someone make the first moves emotionally as it were.

I loved Adam's security in himself, and his lack of pretense. I also like that he wanted to find his own cheesy, sappy movie with Kurt. He does have a lovely presence, and if we must be inflicted with Klaine, I hope he sticks around. I liked it when he was laying on the couch and brought up house votes to overrule Santana.

I think part of the reason Santana is staying rent free, when supposedly her mom gave her tons of money last year so she could fritter it away as she wished until she found her way, is to show she hasn't totally settled there. If you pay rent, there is an expectation of staying. Perhaps this is an issue that will come up later when roomies reach a truce and they actually ask her to stay. Sounds silly, but you know it will happen. Santana never pays for her bitching on people, or rarely, that is.

I really liked Lea's acting in the "you had no right" line, I think the most solid dramatic acting I've seen her do, JMO. Santana doesn't have a lot of expressions, I wonder if she is trying to prevent worry lines. Still, I did believe her support of Rachel.

I whisked through things when I got home last night, and haven't watched it all the way through. I did see Shout, and thought, wow, they sure like Brittney's butt, because we didn't see that much of Kitty's and she is in the same costume. Will and Emma's dancing on the ceiling scenes nicely done. Nice to see Will making a come back. Did feel contrived that Emma and Will STILL aren't married. Perhaps Ryan's series end game isn't just Rachel making it big on Broadway, but Wemma finally getting married, another way to bring everyone back.

Have not a care for Jarley. I don't dislike them, I just don't care about them. It isn't that they are new, it is that they feel too perfect. Problems just feel contrived.

Going off to rewatch all of it prior to going to work. May post more tomorrow.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next