Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread

+21
bayth
Lottie2303
Divalicious
brisallie
Ireth
Delight
valkeakuulas
sheny
Glorfindel
coxfire
arina
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
M&M
fantastica
opals
Ranwing
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
25 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap50%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 11 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap18%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap5%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap27%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/11/2013, 7:59 pm

Kurt smirked (in a sexy way) at Blaine in "I Do" because he had his guard up. Kurt actually looks joyful with Adam in "Girls (and boys) on Film".

And don't even get me started on how "happy" Blaine made Kurt look in TBU, oh wait....

And what about the Christmas episode? Kurt just forced tense smiles in that one.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferGirl 3/11/2013, 10:05 pm

It's true, the Kadam relationship has made me happier than anything on Glee for months now. I just love how gentle and caring and loving Adam is with Kurt so far, and is treating his damaged heart with the tenderness it needs. They're so sweet and adorable, I love how Adam makes Kurt smile and laugh. I want the writers to give them a chance so, so badly. I really want to see more of their dynamic, and I personally see chemistry between them and would love to see a real "romantic" scene with kissing, dueting, etc. If that happens I'll be on cloud 9. I don't even care what song it is or even if it's a sweet kiss on the cheek or forehead, I'd be so giddy. wub

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjgrm5wyqY1rnsrdyo1_250
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjgrm5wyqY1rnsrdyo3_250
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjgrm5wyqY1rnsrdyo4_250
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjgrm5wyqY1rnsrdyo2_250

I don't think I'll be over this for a long while. wub Hand holding means so much to Kurt, so I feel it's a huge step for us to see this on-screen, a special hand hold between them. This whole scene made me melt.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/12/2013, 10:05 am

^ Wow. I didn't notice that subtle thumb caress by Adam until now. The wonders of gifs Smile

The only 'flaw' with Kadam that I can see is that, so far, it's as close to conflict-free as you can get, with the biggest conflict introduced being Kurt's lingering feelings for Blaine. Adam is portrayed as such an understanding and mature adult that I have a feeling that if Kadam ever fails, it'd probably be because of Kurt's silly decision, and not because of something unforgivable that Adam did. Their personalities seem too compatible for non-external conflicts to arise between them. I doubt the writers-- the Glee writers-- can keep a relationship like Kadam fresh and interesting for the long term.

However, given that Kurt is getting less and less focus (with recent spoilers only confirming this more and more), I don't want Kurt to be shackled to a baggage-laden and soured relationship like Klaine. If they would only have Kurt's love life be in the background with minimal screen time (like what they're doing with Kadam now), then let Kurt be shown to be living happily with a guy who haven't had the history of hurting him on so many occasions.

Also, as much as I love to see more Kadam on the show, I would love to see Kurt have some story that is not love life-related for a change. More Furt. More Kurt/Burt. More Kurtana. More NYADA adventures (that is not tethered to Rachel). What about Vogue, the storyline that sparked and fizzled and died?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/12/2013, 10:44 am

As much as I love Oliver, the main reason I want Kadam to happen is so that Chris has the opportunity to act out the complexities, and ups and downs of a relationship on screen, something that he never was able to do in Klaine because Darren is not capable of doing any complex acting. Klaine was so stiffling for Kurt, and I want Kurt to have the love and support of someone who is his equal. With Klaine, he took a backseat, and though Blaine occassional support him, it was ultimately him support Blaine, and him being the one to resolve the issues that came up between them because Blaine just pushed them aside.

That being said, I don't think that will happen because the cast is just too damn big, and too much emphasis is put on the weakest links in the cast. It just doesn't leave much room for anyone except for Blaine (who has to be pimped out to everyone), and Rachel. Everyone else gets crumbs--at least Chris gets the meaty crumbs, and has the ability to make his crumbs memorable and matter.

This show would have been so different if they didn't overexpose Blaine, and I think that Klaine/Kurt would have been developed more different if they didn't have to share the "gay screen time" on the show with Santana and now Unique.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/12/2013, 4:35 pm

I love the fact that Kadam is so sweet and loving right now. They are on their "Honeymoon" stage. I don't think that Adam will be "perfect" (like how Blaine was portrayed at first), I think he's going to be just as flawed as the rest of us. It's just that he's so much more mature than Blaine is. He's more genuine and relaxed. He's a breath of fresh air in "Blee".

I am kind of worried that, if/when Kurt leaves Adam to go back to Blaine, it will be "his choice". Blech.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/12/2013, 7:00 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I love the fact that Kadam is so sweet and loving right now. They are on their "Honeymoon" stage. I don't think that Adam will be "perfect" (like how Blaine was portrayed at first), I think he's going to be just as flawed as the rest of us. It's just that he's so much more mature than Blaine is. He's more genuine and relaxed. He's a breath of fresh air in "Blee".

I am kind of worried that, if/when Kurt leaves Adam to go back to Blaine, it will be "his choice". Blech.

When I watch the dance studio, I get the vybe that Adam has been burned in relationships, too, and wants to protect himself.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/12/2013, 7:18 pm

I agree.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/13/2013, 7:20 am

Agreed, Adam has been around the dating carousel (he's 22 after all).
He is also not a black&white thinker: he knows people can have feelings for more than 1 person at the same time.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/13/2013, 8:28 am

Also, as much as I love to see more Kadam on the show, I would love to see Kurt have some story that is not love life-related for a change. More Furt. More Kurt/Burt. More Kurtana. More NYADA adventures

Yes, but for that Glee would need good writers and showrunners not blinded by itunes selling. How the show could pass on the multiples opportunities they had with Kurt and Finn being brothers is beyond me: how awesome would it have been to see only one of these Friday Night Dinners? Why did we never see Carole, Burt, Kurt and Finn all in the same place during a casual family night? Plus, as the only scene they shared in TBU has proven, Chris and Cory have a fantastic on screen chemistry.

Kurt and Santana: I know some dislike her, but I always felt that the snappy/snarky personnalities of these 2 could be TV screen dynamite if exploited well, i.e. if the writers allow Kurt to snark back at Santana the way he did with Sebastian (the whole "you smell like Craiglist scene was gold). If we could have that kind of banter between them with them sometimes ganging up like they did last week instead of bland boring McKinley characters the show would be undoubtly better.

As for Kurt/Burt: the only post-NY scenes we saw were tainted by both cancer and fucking Blaine. Why couldn't we have more phonecalls between Kurt and Burt and them discussing the various stuff they experienced at the time. We had almost no feedback from Kurt regarding his adaptation to a life without his Dad (or from Burt about living without Kurt). Well, to be true, the whole journey of Kurt adapting to his new environnement and lifestyle was overlooked. They rushed his Vogue storyline, who was more a pretext to create a rift between him and Blaine than anything, and cut us off of all almost his struggles to reapply in NYADA: when did he prepare his audition? did he discuss how NYADA is like with Rachel? How did he react right after his second rejection => all sacrificed for the sake of Blam, Bram, Jarley.

The main characters writing should refocus on their personal and individual journey, with a tiny bit of romance on the side, but Glee has to stop defining its characters according to the person they date only.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2013, 9:21 am

But we got that really amazing Blina crush. I mean, every moment of that was worth it's weight in dog poop.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/13/2013, 10:17 am

coxfire wrote:
Also, as much as I love to see more Kadam on the show, I would love to see Kurt have some story that is not love life-related for a change. More Furt. More Kurt/Burt. More Kurtana. More NYADA adventures

Yes, but for that Glee would need good writers and showrunners not blinded by itunes selling. How the show could pass on the multiples opportunities they had with Kurt and Finn being brothers is beyond me: how awesome would it have been to see only one of these Friday Night Dinners? Why did we never see Carole, Burt, Kurt and Finn all in the same place during a casual family night? Plus, as the only scene they shared in TBU has proven, Chris and Cory have a fantastic on screen chemistry.

Kurt and Santana: I know some dislike her, but I always felt that the snappy/snarky personnalities of these 2 could be TV screen dynamite if exploited well, i.e. if the writers allow Kurt to snark back at Santana the way he did with Sebastian (the whole "you smell like Craiglist scene was gold). If we could have that kind of banter between them with them sometimes ganging up like they did last week instead of bland boring McKinley characters the show would be undoubtly better.

As for Kurt/Burt: the only post-NY scenes we saw were tainted by both cancer and fucking Blaine. Why couldn't we have more phonecalls between Kurt and Burt and them discussing the various stuff they experienced at the time. We had almost no feedback from Kurt regarding his adaptation to a life without his Dad (or from Burt about living without Kurt). Well, to be true, the whole journey of Kurt adapting to his new environnement and lifestyle was overlooked. They rushed his Vogue storyline, who was more a pretext to create a rift between him and Blaine than anything, and cut us off of all almost his struggles to reapply in NYADA: when did he prepare his audition? did he discuss how NYADA is like with Rachel? How did he react right after his second rejection => all sacrificed for the sake of Blam, Bram, Jarley.

The main characters writing should refocus on their personal and individual journey, with a tiny bit of romance on the side, but Glee has to stop defining its characters according to the person they date only.

YES! For God's sake, these are grown men!! Why do they have this mindset?! Along with that sickening "soulmates forever" crap!

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 3/13/2013, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2013, 10:30 am

I'd rather see scenes of Kurt and Adam (or any of the couples) supporting, encouraging, and helping each other reach their goals than scenes of them kissing. These are kids hoping for careers as actors. They should be showing their drive, and their hard work, with the support of the ones they love, not just focusing on the drama of the relationship.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/13/2013, 10:56 am

Exactly! A relationship is about more than drama and dysfunction...it's about supporting one another.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/13/2013, 11:26 am

coxfire wrote:

banzai This! I whole-heartedly agree.

There are so many good potential storylines for Kurt, if the writers just bother to write for him. Instead, we get the song and screentime black hole that is McKinley that just isn't very engaging. The McKinley part of the show is just an iTunes generator in my eyes, with ND's 'assignment of the week' and 'Sectionals/Regionals/Nationals' plot devices to dump in whatever song they like (such as Gangnam Style). Since all the top40 stuff are mostly about romance, they then generate endless relationship drama to justify the songs.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/13/2013, 11:33 am

This is why they need to downsize the cast and cut the high school side. Then, they could put some time and effort in writing higher quality storylines for a smaller amount of (more interesting) characters.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/13/2013, 11:39 am

Thankfully it backfires. All professional reviews, recaps and written opinions highlighted NYC (once again) during the last episode. Since 4 seasons, the general audience makes it clear that they want storyline with fitting music. Why do they do their hardest, to contradict this assessment and work exactly with the opposite parameter?! The people in charge earn a buckload of money and totally do not deserve it! They have a goldmine of talent, story and location! Only Glee willingly wastes it to expand on boring, conventional characters.

I mean you could rename Jake, Marley and Ryder to Edward, Bella and Jacob. Just add the supernatural element and it is exactly the SAME story.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/13/2013, 11:42 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Thankfully it backfires. All professional reviews, recaps and written opinions highlighted NYC (once again) during the last episode. Since 4 seasons, the general audience makes it clear that they want storyline with fitting music. Why do they do their hardest, to contradict this assessment and work exactly with the opposite parameter?! The people in charge earn a buckload of money and totally do not deserve it! They have a goldmine of talent, story and location! Only Glee willingly wastes it to expand on boring, conventional characters.

I mean you could rename Jake, Marley and Ryder to Edward, Bella and Jacob. Just add the supernatural element and it is exactly the SAME story.

HA! I never thought of it like that before. I've never even seen that Twilight garbage, but this sounds so true. Laughing

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/13/2013, 1:21 pm

There's no need to rename Jake, because in the books (and movies I think), Bella's nickname for Jacob is Jake. Actually that why I think they named him Jake, it was on purpose.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/13/2013, 7:12 pm

Someone posted this on the KHAT and he's so beautiful I had to bring it here:

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao1_2504x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao2_2504x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao3_250
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao4_2504x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao5_2504x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao6_250
x

Just look at his eyes: how much is in there, so many emotions at once. wub

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 3/13/2013, 7:39 pm

coxfire wrote:The main characters writing should refocus on their personal and individual journey, with a tiny bit of romance on the side, but Glee has to stop defining its characters according to the person they date only.
I totally agree.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/14/2013, 2:05 am

Glorfindel wrote:Someone posted this on the KHAT and he's so beautiful I had to bring it here:

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao1_2504x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao2_2504x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao3_250
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao4_2504x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao5_2504x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Tumblr_mjkfxnUXZY1qg5mtao6_250
x

Just look at his eyes: how much is in there, so many emotions at once. wub

Agree,100% he does show many emotions at once. wub
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/14/2013, 6:25 am

brisallie wrote:There's no need to rename Jake, because in the books (and movies I think), Bella's nickname for Jacob is Jake. Actually that why I think they named him Jake, it was on purpose.
Actually Jake and Marley are the name of Chris's dogs back in Clovis (well, Jake died last year), this was in an interview, I think it might have been the George Lopez one. But I am not sure.
It was on Tumblr last year and I also remembered that is what Chris said.
If someone can find this interview, because if I did I wouldn't be able to embed it. 4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 4247136565
It should be on Youtube.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/14/2013, 2:14 pm

Razz

I knew he had a dog named Marley, and other called Murphy. But is the first time that I heard he had a third dog named Jake. So funny, and I'm wondering if Ryan got the inspiration from those dogs lol. But I don't think so, because Marley seems to be a common dog name, there's the movie for instance.

And btw, this's the only reference I found:
5 things you didn't know about Chris
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/14/2013, 3:53 pm

I just saw a gif from CWM and I realized in Kurts' dream song - HE leads the dance not Bland. It seems like on the show Bland will lead and they do a really bad "fast" slow dance. When Kurt leads it's very slow, concise and danced well. I wonder if this was the writers' choice, the actors' choice or the director.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 3/14/2013, 4:35 pm

bayth wrote:I just saw a gif from CWM and I realized in Kurts' dream song - HE leads the dance not Bland. It seems like on the show Bland will lead and they do a really bad "fast" slow dance. When Kurt leads it's very slow, concise and danced well. I wonder if this was the writers' choice, the actors' choice or the director.

Probably the director, and according to cinematographer Joaquin Sedillo on twitter, Murphy directed the CWM number himself because he had a "specific vision" for it.

I think it was a deliberate choice for Kurt to lead the dance in the dream, especially when every single other slow dance Kurt and Blaine have had "in real life", from both proms to the V-Day wedding dance, Blaine has always lead. (The only exception was 3x16 and that was a choreographed group number). Personally, I feel the significance of Kurt leading the dance during the dream emphasizes and adds to the hot and cold nature of Kurt's actions during it. He walks toward Blaine, reaches out, briefly dances with him - but almost as soon as it's started, he lets go with this sad, lost look on his face and then he runs away from Blaine, into the tent, and turns his back to him. It's showing how Kurt feels confused and uncertain, he loves Blaine but is afraid of him, wants to be together but is still hurt, changes his mind, runs. I don't think it would have had the same effect if, for example, Kurt stood there and waited for Blaine to come to him, and Blaine started the slow dance, and then Kurt dragged himself out of his hold to run. It'd make Kurt passive, being swept along by what Blaine wants - the dream would be about Blaine, and it'd imply Kurt doesn't have lingering feelings. But with Kurt initiating the reaching out and the dance, and yet also intiating the running and turning away, it makes it about Kurt and Kurt's conflicted feelings instead, wanting and not wanting, loving and not loving, longing yet still being hurt and afraid.

I thought all of CWM was pretty brilliantly shot, if you apply "meta" to it as fandom calls it. neutre
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next