Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread

+21
bayth
Lottie2303
Divalicious
brisallie
Ireth
Delight
valkeakuulas
sheny
Glorfindel
coxfire
arina
ColferGirl
MoviesAreLife
M&M
fantastica
opals
Ranwing
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
25 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 11 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 3/8/2013, 12:47 am

Ranwing wrote:The angst of the Klainers is delicious. That moment when Kurt said that he wanted to be over Blaine did my evil heart so good... 4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 3882983207

Man, the music this week was... weak. The only ones that I actually liked were sung by Matt. Everything else was just drained of life and soul. Happy 500th Glee. Glad I was able to stay awake through it.

I went into this ep fully prepared to see Kadam die and Kurt go back to the greasy hobbit, if only to save myself the dissapointment (low expectations are the best expectations with this show). So you can imagine my delight when I find Kadam alive and kicking! I have no problem with Kurt still feeling something for Blaine - he dating the Grease Stain for nearly 2 years. You don't get over that overnight. But Adam is so caring and fun and patient. And he's so completely into Kurt. For once they didn't ruin something so nice for us. I'm actually smiling! And scaring my cat.

Finn... you need to get a life and get your ass out of the choir room. Seriously.

Santana, stay out of their stuff. Rachel, here's the number for Planned Parenthood. Brody... here's the door.
It is delicious. Twisted Evil
I love seeing Blarren stans suffer as they make the rest of the fandom suffer with their bullying and hate.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 4x15 "Girls (and Boys) On Film" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/8/2013, 12:47 am

I am worried that Olive will be getting hate tweets and or hate Facebook messages by Blaine stans. Hope I am wrong,and he won't get any hate,for this episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 3/8/2013, 12:57 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Adam says, I can't compete with fantasy. Best line ever because that's all Blaine is.

It was my favorite line of the night. "What's shakin', bacon?" was a close second though. Razz Adam is all kinds of adorable.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2013, 12:58 am

oh gosh i completely utterly forgot that today is thursday!!! yoohoo i didn't watch the damn thing! i am going to go back and read you guys' posts. if it's worth seeing i will download a version tomorrow.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2013, 1:02 am

opals wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Adam says, I can't compete with fantasy. Best line ever because that's all Blaine is.

It was my favorite line of the night. "What's shakin', bacon?" was a close second though. Razz Adam is all kinds of adorable.

The delivery of "What's shakin' bacon?" was awesome. So fun and casual.

I have to say that watching Chris and Oliver together makes me realy sad that they didn't cast a stronger actor opposite Chris from the start. Klaine has always been limited because of Darren.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2013, 1:03 am

I tweeted a few different versions of this tonight:

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/8/2013, 1:17 am

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:I am worried that Olive will be getting hate tweets and or hate Facebook messages by Blaine stans. Hope I am wrong,and he won't get any hate,for this episode.

If you're getting hate tweets from that crowd, then you're doing something right.

I loved that scene in the dance studio. Adam was so honest and clear about his feelings for Kurt. He doesn't see this as a casual fling and he genuinely wants Kurt. What a novelty it is for someone nice and mature and kind to be so into Kurt like this. He wasn't pushing Kurt to choose or ignoring that Kurt's past relationship left some battle scars to deal with. I really love this guy for Kurt and I want to see him stick around.

The staging of CWM was interesting because it was complete fantasy. Blaine as the Disney prince and everything is beautiful and perfect and still, Kurt looked at times so disconnected. Like he was going through the motions. It was actually sad, but because of Kurt's reactions to the whole thing. The dream was beautiful, but it was a dream. Kurt was left to deal with the reality that Blaine's infidelity inflicted and even if he takes Blaine back in the future (Heaven forbid!), that dream will never be realized. Having a dream finally die is painful so I totally get what Kurt was feeling.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it endlessly frustrating that Kurt is the one wrestling with all these complex and difficult conflicting feelings while Blaine, the one who's cheating caused this, just goes blithely along. I wanted to smack him more than a few times.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/8/2013, 1:21 am

so it's a good epsiode folk? and i missed it! :(

kadam llives on? yay! but only a hand-hold? can we get some smooches please???!!!!!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/8/2013, 1:22 am

Ranwing wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:I am worried that Olive will be getting hate tweets and or hate Facebook messages by Blaine stans. Hope I am wrong,and he won't get any hate,for this episode.

If you're getting hate tweets from that crowd, then you're doing something right.

I loved that scene in the dance studio. Adam was so honest and clear about his feelings for Kurt. He doesn't see this as a casual fling and he genuinely wants Kurt. What a novelty it is for someone nice and mature and kind to be so into Kurt like this. He wasn't pushing Kurt to choose or ignoring that Kurt's past relationship left some battle scars to deal with. I really love this guy for Kurt and I want to see him stick around.

The staging of CWM was interesting because it was complete fantasy. Blaine as the Disney prince and everything is beautiful and perfect and still, Kurt looked at times so disconnected. Like he was going through the motions. It was actually sad, but because of Kurt's reactions to the whole thing. The dream was beautiful, but it was a dream. Kurt was left to deal with the reality that Blaine's infidelity inflicted and even if he takes Blaine back in the future (Heaven forbid!), that dream will never be realized. Having a dream finally die is painful so I totally get what Kurt was feeling.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it endlessly frustrating that Kurt is the one wrestling with all these complex and difficult conflicting feelings while Blaine, the one who's cheating caused this, just goes blithely along. I wanted to smack him more than a few times.

Great post./
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/8/2013, 1:49 am

Fast forwarded through most, and as always, not enough Kurt. I think we will be lucky with the requisite 6 minutes of Kurt per episode this season. He has been so underutilized.

Anywho, I am in love with Kadam and Chris and Oliver are great together.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 3/8/2013, 2:53 am

The great thing about Adam is that I feel like I could be as invested in him as an individual character if they gave him a little bit more screen time.

I never really cared for Blaine outside of Kurt even when I did sort of like him. I like this guy. I feel that Adam can be in the background but still be a presence, and he doesn't have to jump on tables to relevant.

Darren's never been the strongest actor. Everything he does has to be so over the top and in your face. It's funny in the right circumstances, but it gets old and tiring very fast.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/8/2013, 3:22 am

I was scared to death at first in the dance studio scene. I'm so glad that they closed that scene by basically saying that they wanted to start their own traditions and by holding hands. Smile That scene was beautifully acted.

Kadam is so adorable together.

I get the feeling that Kurt finally wants the Klaine crap to die.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 3/8/2013, 3:56 am

I LOVED this episode! It wasn't 100% flawless because of the boring Lima scenes (though I enjoyed the Will and Finn one, poor Finn, and I loved Will's In Your Eyes performance and thought the scene was sweet UNTIL they both declared they were going to "start over from scratch" WTF no), but all the NY scenes were amazing and wonderful and I loved them.

Not everyone is a fan of Santana, and I'll admit I wish she'd stop making effeminophobic remarks about Kurt, but at least she's consistently cruel to everyone so it's nothing personal. I found a lot of her jibes hilarious and I liked how her presence spiced up a lot of the scenes. It's awful of her to go through Kurt and Rachel's things and to be freeloading unapologetically, but I like the dynamic she's bringing to NY and it reminds me of the old, S1 and S2 funny!Glee so I really enjoyed it. I love her. And I don't know what the people at GOBR meant before in that one tweet, because Santana got along with Kurt just fine in this episode. I loved their camraderie over Brody being a drug dealer. Razz

Kurt and Adam were adorable. I love their comfort and ease with each other. The Downton Abbey impressions were so cute and spot on, and I love how much Kurt was smiling and them cozying up on the couch together and Adam not being stupid about Kurt's lingering feelings for Blaine and honestly talking to Kurt about it. I was pleasantly surprised and loved their scene in the dance studio, especially them holding hands. I really, really, really hope this isn't the last Kadam scene we'll get before Kurt and Blaine inevitably get back together, I'll be so heartbroken. At least let them be a couple until the end of the season. At least let us get ONE kiss and ONE duet of Kadam, please writers, I beg of you. Especially since they're so sweet and cute and complement each other so well. Adam disappearing for 3 episodes makes me nervous, so I'm hoping with all my heart he'll return in 4x19 or 4x20 and we'll finally get a proper Kadam storyline and a kiss and a song.

Unpopular opinion, but I LOVED the Come What May performance. I love Chris and Darren's version of the song, and I thought the scene was beautiful and perfectly conveyed Kurt's longing for the romance he once had, and his heartbreak over how his perfect fantasy was shattered. He seemed hesitant and sad throughout a lot of the song, while Blaine had to follow him around, pursuing him - and then his heartbroken look when he clutches at Blaine at the end and buries his head in his shoulder. Kurt seemed so sad to me. I haven't been a Klainer since S2, but even I thought the scene was very romantic and reminiscent and reminded me why I used to like them. It gave me a lot of feelings. But like Kurt said, it feels like forever ago, and it feels broken....it's bittersweet.

But this episode sunk all my speculations about 4x17 like an iceberg to the Titanic. So now I have no idea what the deal is with the boyfriend pillows if Kurt is still dating Adam after all, or the meaning (if there is any) of the Mama Mia song and Blaine's Against All Odds song and why on earth Adam is gone for so many episodes.....
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/8/2013, 4:42 am

CWM was well done, I think. The scene represented, for me, Kurt finally letting that perfect fantasy of his first love die.

Santana is the worst roommate ever, but I loved her scene with Rachel when she confronts her about the pregnancy test. I loved how she offered her comfort when she broke down. I wish we could see this side to Santana more often. I was shocked yet pleased that she said she considered Rachel a friend.

Kurtana laughing together about Brody being shady was adorable. As well as Kadam doing their Downton Abbey impressions! LOL!

So, obviously Santana has known about Rachel's pregnancy test since before this episode took place...hence, the teasing. But...what about Kurt? Did she tell him? Because it seemed like he knew and was in on it after all. I still think it was OOC for him to tease her like that if he did know. I'd expect that kind of behavior from Santana, but from Kurt? Weird.

Why would Kurt need a boyfriend pillow if he has Adam?

Santana teasing Kurt about CWM as Klaine's wedding song. I loved Kurt's reaction! His contacts! LOL!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 3/8/2013, 5:20 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:

So, obviously Santana has known about Rachel's pregnancy test since before this episode took place...hence, the teasing. But...what about Kurt? Did she tell him? Because it seemed like he knew and was in on it after all. I still think it was OOC for him to tease her like that if he did know. I'd expect that kind of behavior from Santana, but from Kurt? Weird.

I'm certain Kurt doesn't know yet - and Santana saying "now that we're alone" during the confrontation scene about the pregnancy stick, not wanting to talk about it until it was just her and Rachel, suggests that she didn't want to talk about it if Kurt was there which means he doesn't know about it. Kurt seemed confused and taken aback when Santana made her comments about Rachel being bigger than normal and that she should try bulimia, and when Santana kept snarking about the baby-movie choices, Rachel was looking offended at and threatened by only Santana as far as I could tell. I think Kurt's tone of voice when he was talking about that one baby movie was genuine wondering why Rachel didn't want to watch a movie she loved and that Kurt seems to like too.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/8/2013, 5:44 am

Before watching the episode I really thought Kurt knew about Rachel pregnancy because to me his tone of voice really seemed raelly teasting, ironic.... After watching the episode he probably really did not know but I don't understand why it was said in that ironic tone in that case.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/8/2013, 5:51 am

I really like Santana in this ep', even if she had gone into MY stuff I would have thrown hers by the window, and thought that, besides her usual snarky commentaries, she went out pretty well with Kurt and Rachel. And despite her remarks about CWM, I think she liked Adam, who, by the way, I genuinely like. He is fun, laid back, and very much into Kurt. Too bad my cynical self knows that Kadam is doomed because of the f*cking need of the show to make "Klaine forever". I had a weird vibe at the end of the Kadam scene, because despite the hand holdings, I couldn't feel Kurt being 100% on it.

I hate CWM as a song, far too sappy and co-dependent for me, so considering that it was a Blaine quasi-solo, plus the fact that it's sung by 2 teenagers (until my dying day? You're bloody 19, so much can happen!), it didn't do it for me. Now I don't know how to read it. I wish it was Kurt's farewell to the fantasy that was Blaine, but I know the writers, and it was probably their way to tell us "look, Kurt loves Blaine, he is the ONE for him forever and ever!!!". The thing is, Kurt and Blaine might use to want to sing it at their wedding, but it was BEFORE the cheating. Blaine, by cheating, simply betrayed what this song conveys. the lyrics should have been "I'll love you until my dying day -but will once in a while fuck a random when you're not answering my calls"

As for the rest, I liked the fake ginger-hairs scene and the Rachel/Santana. And I laughed out loud when Finn confessed to Will. Worst timing ever Finn, congratulations.

the rest: Jarley/Ryder => snoozefest, and they murdered the Unchained melody. Blaine => OVERLOAD. Seriously, let the others sing goddammit. And stop with the smug faces when you sing, eurgh. What a waste of Footloose: it was my favorite song of the episode, and they put it at the end, as a last minute thought, with no connection with any of the plot. Waste of time.

All in all => great developpement of New-York, too bad
Spoiler:
because they were good together.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/8/2013, 6:17 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I have to say that watching Chris and Oliver together makes me realy sad that they didn't cast a stronger actor opposite Chris from the start. Klaine has always been limited because of Darren.
Ranwing wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it endlessly frustrating that Kurt is the one wrestling with all these complex and difficult conflicting feelings while Blaine, the one who's cheating caused this, just goes blithely along. I wanted to smack him more than a few times.
In this episode it became very clear how much Darren is holding Chris back when they're acting together. Chris did all the heavy lifting in the CMW scene. He conveyed Kurt’s emotions perfectly. And he looked so mature and sexy! (shallow thoughts, I know)
The Kadam dance room scene was so well acted in comparison! And I loved both of their reaction shots in the Hummelberry loft. I even had trouble focusing on only Kurt's reactions (as I normally do), because Adam was giving some good faces too! neutre

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a good episode that even, dare I say it, felt like the old Glee. The pacing and transitions between the 2 narratives were good for the most part. Mr. Shue being a choir leader again, songs sung in the choir room as an assignment, some fun and snark mixed with drama, and storylines for the old characters mostly.
The only thing that fell flat for me were the song performances: most of them seemed so lackluster, as if they were trying really hard to rival the old mash-ups of the earlier seasons, including extatic looks from the kids watching, but they didn’t quite manage to capture the old magic. And why so much Blaine singing? They should have let 1 or 2 of the other guys sing instead on at least one of his songs, to even things out just a little bit.

Although I hated the left by the altar nonsense of Wemma, as this happen in too many movies and series to be ‘surprising’ anymore (let alone ‘revolutionary’), I like how they showed that something like that is very hurtful for the one left standing alone. I also like that Wemma didn’t have a quick fix wedding, but that they are taking things slowly (for Glee standards, that is).
But why are they making such a big deal of that Femma kiss? It was a mistake, and in the bigger scheme of things between Will and Emma it doesn’t really matter much. Oh Glee, stop putting love triangle drama into every relationship: it really isn't necessary.

Speaking of love triangles: the pottery scene of the boring Jake/Marley/Ryder love triangle was….. awkward, by lack of a better word. And I still don’t give a f*rt who Marley ends up with (although Jake has got nice legs #prioritiesgirl).

I don’t find Santana’s bitchiness funny at all anymore. Correction: never have, tbh. I understand the writers are using her as a catalyst, but I find her meddling and judging attitude annoying and unappealing. Looking through other people’s stuff is a big no. She should be a little more grateful that Rachel and Kurt haven’t kicked her butt on the curb yet.

But I must admit that the banter in the Hummelberry loft this episode was great and creating sparks on my screen. The scenes of these 4 actors and Matt, Cory and Jayma in their scenes were of so much higher quality in comparison to the rest, imo. Glee would be wise to lean on them more in the future, as it lifted this episode far up above the mediocre crap we are getting lately.

Kadam is on! Adam is a sweet man to be so patient with Kurt. Kurt’s feelings are very understandable: he thought he and Blaine would be together forever (ah, the fantasies of high school first loves), but that lovestory ended against his will. The so anticipated ‘Come What May’ scene was sad for Kurt and a (bitter-)sweet goodbye from Klaine (for now?).
I would have loved a little bit more focus on Kurt (as always), more dialogue/scenes and maybe a song strictly for the NY part (it is baffling that we got 7 1/2 Lima songs and only 1/2 NY song!). It seems Kurt is getting the shortshrift a lot this season, and this goodbye-Klaine-hello-Kadam storyline was kinda important to his development.

The ‘Brody is a drugdealer’ theory will be disproven soon, imo. I think that whatever he’s doing to get that cash won’t be as bad as the hints of him being either a drugdealer or a male hooker, and this is just building up suspence and make the real deal look less bad in comparison.
Let’s hope Rachel’s pregnancy scare is really just a scare, because I’m tired of and appaled by this storyline already.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/8/2013, 7:43 am

I love all the NY scenes. Kurt and Adam are adorable and I love Kurtana even more after this episode. I don't understand why GOBr said Santana is getting along better with Rachel than Kurt. They were close and so funny during Rachel's phone call "I'm with you. Drug dealer" Smile I understand RIB wants more Pezberry but Kurt and Santana are so much more interesting to watch.
I liked "Come What May" visually, even felt a little sad when they showed the flashbacks during Blaine's solo part maybe because it was Kurt's fantasy and these were his memories. I can't stand seeing him cry. Why is Kurt always the one who cries and suffers? Blaine was perfectly fine, laughing, singing and dancing the whole episode Evil or Very Mad

The Kurt/Adam NYADA scene was so beautiful. I'll watch it again later, maybe several times. I love them together. I hope they keep him around longer.

The only song I liked was that last one Will sang to Emma. I don't remember the title. The duet part in CWM was good too. I liked Kurt's voice and wish he had some solo lines other tha "But I love you". The girl's mash-up wasn't bad too.
I can't understand why they chose "Shout" as their 500th number. I really didn't like the song and it has nothing to do with who sings it. Darren and Heather did a decent job but I was bored the entire time.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2013, 8:39 am

I just rewatched (skipping over the performances), and you know what the biggest problem is with last night episode was? For all the songs that they had in Lima, there was basically no development for any of the Lima students. They only "complicated" the Ryder/Marley/Jake triangle a bit with Jake admitting Valentine's Day, and Marley admitting Ryder kissed her.

All of the development went to the NY stuff, and the adults in McKinley.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/8/2013, 8:52 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I just rewatched (skipping over the performances), and you know what the biggest problem is with last night episode was? For all the songs that they had in Lima, there was basically no development for any of the Lima students. They only "complicated" the Ryder/Marley/Jake triangle a bit with Jake admitting Valentine's Day, and Marley admitting Ryder kissed her.

Absolutely true. Lima was the jukebox of the episode (as so often), except perhaps for the Wemma part.

Apparently Klainers think that this episode was a clear message that Klaine will be back together in a few episodes, because of the emotions Kurt showed in CMW. Of course this is Glee and RIB would do that, but I didn't get the impression that we're supposed to think that all Kurt needs is a little push back to Blaine. During the song I saw Kurt being melancholy and sad, not smitten and falling in love again. I saw firm closure on Kurt's part (for now).

I don't get that Klainers still think that Klaine is healthy and Kurt is 'just' resisting the inevitable.
Kurt said he "desperately" is trying to get over Blaine. Now why would it be healthy for Kurt to fail in getting over Blaine, while he expressed he desperataly wants to? He clearly wants to get over Blaine because Blaine hurt him so much, or else he wouldn't be deperately trying to do so.
Kurt does not want to get back together with Blaine! Kurt thinking this way now seems to me a big fat neon sign that going back to Blaine would mean he failed standing up for himself.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/8/2013, 9:25 am

Glorfindel wrote:Apparently Klainers think that this episode was a clear message that Klaine will be back together in a few episodes, because of the emotions Kurt showed in CMW. Of course this is Glee and RIB would do that, but I didn't get the impression that we're supposed to think that all Kurt needs is a little push back to Blaine. During the song I saw Kurt being melancholy and sad, not smitten and falling in love again. I saw firm closure on Kurt's part (for now).

I don't get that Klainers still think that Klaine is healthy and Kurt is 'just' resisting the inevitable.
Kurt said he "desperately" is trying to get over Blaine. Now why would it be healthy for Kurt to fail in getting over Blaine, while he expressed he desperataly wants to? He clearly wants to get over Blaine because Blaine hurt him so much, or else he wouldn't be deperately trying to do so.
Kurt does not want to get back together with Blaine! Kurt thinking this way now seems to me a big fat neon sign that going back to Blaine would mean he failed standing up for himself.

Interpeting this one line of dialogue really shows how utterly delusional the Klainers are.

“I desperately want to be over him.”

How can this line possibly be read as anything romantic? I know that the Klainers are going “Ohhh… he’s not over Blaine! They’re still in love! Endgame!” They want to see this as a good thing, that no matter how much Kurt may want otherwise (since his feelings really don’t matter in the end), he’s going to end up back with Blaine because… well, because of reasons.

Bullshit. Because Kurt is stating very clearly that he doesn’t want to be torn about Blaine any longer.He’s had enough of feeling badly that the greasy little hobbit cheated on him. He was the one who had his happiness in the relationship shredded and the future of love and happiness thrown into the garbage like it meant nothing. It’s like saying “I have tuberculosis. I don’t want to have it, because it totally sucks and makes me feel like crap all the time, but I have it and I want it to go away!”

So there you have it… Blaine is tuberculosis and Adam is the antidote.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/8/2013, 9:26 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I just rewatched (skipping over the performances), and you know what the biggest problem is with last night episode was? For all the songs that they had in Lima, there was basically no development for any of the Lima students. They only "complicated" the Ryder/Marley/Jake triangle a bit with Jake admitting Valentine's Day, and Marley admitting Ryder kissed her.

Absolutely true. Lima was the jukebox of the episode (as so often), except perhaps for the Wemma part.

Apparently Klainers think that this episode was a clear message that Klaine will be back together in a few episodes, because of the emotions Kurt showed in CMW. Of course this is Glee and RIB would do that, but I didn't get the impression that we're supposed to think that all Kurt needs is a little push back to Blaine. During the song I saw Kurt being melancholy and sad, not smitten and falling in love again. I saw firm closure on Kurt's part (for now).

the way CWM was shot, and Kurt's emotions, were to me very ambigous, and leave a great place to subjectivity. Some will say that is the proof that Kurt's heart belongs to Blaine for ever, and others will see Kurt realizing that his relationship with Blaine was a fantasy. Some will take Kurt tears as a proof he wants to go back to Blaine, I took it as Kurt refecting on how their past relationship was shattered. After all, as much as people sweep it under the rug, the break-up was due to one of the worst reason to break-up, i.e. being cheated on. Even if he gets back to Blaine, the stain left by cheating will always linger between them.

So, as romantic as people want to see this scene, I personnaly can't, because the scene we saw was based on a relationship and feelings that are in the past. The way they felt when they used to want to sing it at their wedding has died. The lyrcs talk about overcoming shit lifes throws at you together, but when one is responsible for hurting the other, it doesn't apply, at least that's how I feel.

If RIB had balls, they would break them up for good allow both of them to move on. Instead, since we are living in soulmateland, Kurt is not allowed to enjoy a relationship with a very nice, cute and understanding guy, while Blaine gets to dance and show is smug happy face in all Mc Kinley.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/8/2013, 9:43 am

Glorfindel wrote:

I completely agree that for the first time during this season the Lima/NY division was very clear. There have been previous instances where I felt they were doing two different shows but this time it was claringly obvious. If I'd edit out the McKinley side we'd get about 20 min slot of proper dramedy...I want that, no I need that.

I didn't watch any of the scenes in Lima after Wemma's beautiful B&W ceiling dancing and then Shout put me off the McKinley side totally. I read at the spoilers that the song was doubted and frowned during the First listening back then and I didn't like one bit, no. Even the performance didn't quite do it, because not only was it redone from all the S2 and S3 school library and cafeteria singing scenes it was also full fo gratuiotus Cheerio Ass.

But that dance number Morrison and Jayma did was just so beautiful...I wonder if they could give us NY storylines with McKinley kids being just the singers, not giving them even any storylines. tongue2

Apparently I still don't like Santana, but these four capable actors thrown together, with plausible dialogue, is working for me. I get that Santana is incredibly insulting towards everybody (especially Kurt) and she should get hers coming sooner than later, but inorder for the NY side to have good quality she has to be there and I'm willing to accept her if they keep the drama and talents up to this level. If I could judge the episodes without the Lima parts I'd say this was one of the best ones yet. There wasn't a minute in the NY side that I didn't like, even Rachel's breakdown and that squirm inducing CWM scene.

About that one...I was so relieved that the scene was entirely Kurt's dream and that, at least in my interpritation, Kurt was letting something go and going through these things in his head. The holding hands and laying head on shoulder were cute and beautiful and aimed for gathering tears of the Klainers. And it gave us masochistics a teared up Kurt...why they made him cry is really realistic but still has me screaming in agony: Why again!! Why do we have to have Chris looking so beautiful when he's sad!

I'm definately not at all on the bandwagon that Kurt is any nearer to letting Blaine back into his life, no way. Just because he wasn't screaming of his struggles about getting past Blaine to Adam doesn't mean he's not getting there. Kurt isn't the kind of person to say much out loud with hard conviction when it comes to his emotions. He's still processing and nudging ahead. I'm just hoping that they'll give this thing time.

I'm not however saying that he's going to or should run to Adam, which is good because that's not what I'd like either. Adam is new and at the moment I can sense Kurt is having fun spending time with this guy and like a guarding parent I'd like to know more about him before releasing my blessing. uhuhu But that Downton Abbey mimicry was such fun to watch and I see that if Kadam doesn't happen romanticly , I see no reason why they would not keep Adam as a friend of Kurt's either.

And talking about acting, stellar little moments from all of them, meaning Chris, Lea, Naya and Oliver. rooots I had my few moments of acting awe in that dance room scene...Oliver is really good with Chris. His delievery of the line about the duet and loving were excellent and Lea and especially Naya in that truth telling scene. This is why I love good TV and movies: when the actors get it really right it becomes magic.

Why aren't these people at Fox with the money seeing that these actors and their level of acting could actually save this show and even bring new viewers?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/8/2013, 10:42 am

Anyone outside of the Blarren stans can tell just from looking at episodes with solid NY time like last night, Diva, Swan Song, and Sadie Hawkins to see that the quaility of the acting and dare I say the writing is far superior on the NY side. Despite the miniscule Kurt in Naked, even that should the superiority of the NY side of the show.

I don't know why Fox doesn't put a stop to this nonsense with RIB and make them switch focus to NY, especially with Naya and the potential for Adam in the mix.

Also, I have to say that watching Lea in episodes like last night and Naked, she is a much better actress than lots of people give her credit for. When she's not bogged down with weak actors like Dean, or poor writing on the Finchel drama, and she is instead giving good material and actors to work with, she is a very solid actress. She doesn't capture the emotions quite as good as Chris, and she doesn't bring the best out of others the way Chris manages to, but she can definitely hold her own when she is working opposite quailty actors with decent material. It's a pity that they don't use her and Chris to the best of their abilities.

Last night was a reminder as to why it makes me sad and angry that we didn't get the spinoff.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next