Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Glorfindel 6/3/2015, 8:06 am

What bothers me the most about this is that Chris obviously has done his best to put Glee in his rear view window, and also tried to weed out all the nastiness and delusions that showed up in his tag and twitter timeline that came from the Klaine/crisscolfer shippers, by blocking the worst tinhatters.

Chris made sure to (at least publicly) stay away from Darren (first by not going to the Glee con in Paris, and then by leaving New York before Darren's Hedwig opened, whether all this was pure coincidence or calculated from his part), and just when the worst craziness finally seemed to simmer down a bit Darren fuels the flames with this Hedwig comment, and not once (on Chris' birthday!) but over and over again, even elaborating on the joke. :angry:

Even when Darren only meant it as an 'innocent' and 'funny' shoutout to Chris on his birthday (however poorly it was executed), first off he should have known better already before he made the joke.
And if he was truly so daft and blind that he didn't know after 5 years of Klaine and spending time with Chris (and Mia!) what effects his 'joke' would have on the tinhatters, their reactions on twitter and even at the stage door afterwards should have alerted him to stop. Probably Darren doesn't follow Chris' tag or twitter mentions, maybe he doesn't even know how much shit Mia gets everytime crisscolfer is hinted at, but I'm sure there was enough showing up in his own timeline to alert him (as I think Darren is one of those people who meticilously reads his own timeline to bask in the attention he's getting).
pauly

-ETA-
In the mean time Chris still ignores Darren's attempts to suck him back into the Klaine/cc vortex, and instead happily promotes and/or thanks some of his real friends. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Delight 6/3/2015, 9:01 am

fantastica wrote:am I the only one who don't care what darren did? unsure

Don't worry. You're no alone  suure

I so not-care about him that I can't find the inclination to respond to any news related to him. It's annoying to see repeated instances of some tweets of his causing trouble for Chris though; that, I can't deny.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/3/2015, 11:37 am

^I agree it would be very, very easy to just ignore Darren and forget about him (what a bliss world that would be), if it wasn't for Darren himself stirring up trouble again that directly gets back to Chris.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/3/2015, 12:20 pm

It would be much easier to ignore Darren if I wasn't on social media, but since his stans insist on inserting him in Chris' life, it is hard. Just as an example, someone posted "will you just marry Darren Criss?" in response to Chris' picture promoting his friend's book. Or the way they just have to make sure that Darren appears in the Chris tag on Tumblr. Or how they harass Chris' friends on twitter.

I do have to admit that watching Darren on Broadway is a bit of a train wreck--you can't turn away from the disaster. The weak attendance, reports of vocal issues, injuring audience members, his problematic comments, etc. it just reaffirms that everything we have been saying about him for years is true.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/3/2015, 2:18 pm

I think Chris finally away from Glee crystallizes how " fans" (a big reason for the quotes!)  feel about him and that is coming out in droves with the ones who were always ambivalent about him to begin with.

The one thing with Chris is he's always been  consistent about the lunatic fringe of fandom and basically the veiled contempt for them and their excesses.  And the excesses can't be minimized as they have harassed him and his loved ones for years.  To put it bluntly, he doesn't give a fuck about the loonies, nor should he.  

So now that Chris is completely without ties to other Glee cast unless he wants to associate with them, all pretenses have been stripped away per the lunatics' fantasies, so there's that.

However, I think Chris is enjoying himself in that he can finally now set  his schedule, priorities (career wise) and has finally some decent time off.  I loved that Chris was willing to do the Critics Choice Awards and I'm sure he will be cranking up the appearances once the book tour approaches, but it's just such a smart way of managing his career.  Chris doesn't overdo the PR/public appearances which suits him personally in  that it doesn't seem he lives or craves it at all that much.  

The writing really does "free" him , in that he's not dependent on just the next big role but has a flexible career away from acting that probably keeps him be  balanced (which he seems to have been to begin with).
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/3/2015, 7:11 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:It would be much easier to ignore Darren if I wasn't on social media, but since his stans insist on inserting him in Chris' life, it is hard.  Just as an example, someone posted "will you just marry Darren Criss?" in response to Chris' picture promoting his friend's book.  Or the way they just have to make sure that Darren appears in the Chris tag on Tumblr.  Or how they harass Chris' friends on twitter.  

I do have to admit that watching Darren on Broadway is a bit of a train wreck--you can't turn away from the disaster.  The weak attendance, reports of vocal issues, injuring audience members, his problematic comments, etc. it just reaffirms that everything we have been saying about him for years is true.
Yup, all of this too.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/4/2015, 12:48 am

Haha, I'm not on any social media. No wonder I don't get bothered by DC. In fact now I feel somehow sorry for him. He's not talented enough for Broadway, so he's trying really hard to please his fans. I don't think he will get another brkadway chance in the future.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/4/2015, 1:58 am

I am on social media and have officially left the Flash fandom. :angry:

When a fandom start trying to dictate to an actor on how to act on social media, and start accusing him of racism in the guise of trying to push a fictional real life ship, I am out.

I should have seen it when I saw Grandice. brikwol

They would go nuts if he started posting about Candice.

This is about Grant.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/9/2015, 8:54 am

The problem I have with Ashley's comment on Chris' instagram is that it sexualized a sweet, innocent and rare moment of Chris sharing a bit of his private life with his fans. It's not like he does that very often, and in his own back yard too.
FFS: Chris was playing with his dog in his swimming pool, not flexing his guns in a suggestive pose while all oiled up to impress his fans! 

Ashley’s comment was just rude and unnecessary sexual imo, and it also seems like it was directed at his fans (so not just joking with Chris), possibly even ridiculing them for being excited about a video of Chris shirtless.
At the very least it should have been said in private (if the comment was indeed meant as just friends joking around, as I do think Chris’ friends share that kind of humor together), but not in public.

Plus, if the roles had been reversed (with a man i.e. publicly commenting about the private parts or boobs of a woman on her instagram) there would be a lot more people who would be not cool with it imo:

"Lea Michele: *posts instagram of herself in bathing suit in her pool, playing with her dog* (which btw she did a few weeks back)

her fans: Whoa, yeah...Lea in bikini! Reblog!

Jonathan Groff: If y'all think this is glorious...You should see her p*ssy."

See? Yeah, no, there's no way that would have been just shrugged away as friends joking.

So personally I didn't like Ashley's comment. It doesn't even matter to me if the chance of children reading Chris books would be exposed to it is slim or not. I, as a grown-up person and Chris Colfer fan, didn't think it appropiate.
Granted, I'm not Chris, so my opinion on this doesn't really matter when it comes to the relationship between him and Ashley and what she commented. But otoh there's really no telling by anyone what Chris thinks about it, so let's not use that as an argument to defend what Ashley said either.

But everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course. It seems like the majority of the people I've seen commenting on it didn't find anything wrong with it, and that's fine by me.
Still doesn't change my opinion on the matter. saispa

Last edited by Glorfindel on 6/9/2015, 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 6/9/2015, 5:06 pm

^Thats cool and definitley valid. I was only concerned that it was solely because he writes Children's books, which i dont think should matter. I could just imagine his biggest haters using that against him, should he ever do something less than favorable, even though that would be an unrelated non-issue (reminiscent of mothers getting flack for looking sexy just because theyre moms)

But yeah, like it because you think its funny, or dislike it because you think its in poor taste. All good. coool

I sort if like it a bit more now?? Lol. Especially If it was poking a bit of fun at the people already sexualizing the pool moment. Like, wow..how thirsty was everyone based off a swimsuit...imagine if it was more. Gahhh

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/9/2015, 5:44 pm

Well said Marie. Agree w/ you a thousand percent.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/10/2015, 1:42 am

When Marie put it at that angle, then yes, I can see how wrong Ashley's comment was.

Chris has never made any sexual comments about his female friends or any female.

Is she hadn't used the word d*ck and was a bit more clever with her comment that was just a more tasteful suggestion.

Chris has been more tasteful with his Magic Mike XXL on Will's photo, and his I have seen you do all that stuff naked on Rob Aguire's.

Ashley might have a more crude sense of humour. saispa

In honesty once I got over the surprise I did find it funny.

But Marie puts it in a different perspective which I am agreeing with. But as I have grown up with that sort of humour I do still feel amused by it.

But people can find nothing wrong with it, and that is fine. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/10/2015, 7:25 pm

I agree with what Marie said. Actually my first impression wasn't that Ashley couldn't say that because Chris writes children's books, I believe parents should prevent children how to use internet, and also teenagers use rude words as well. Going back to what was I saying, I personally thought was too much information she was giving, or she could have used a metaphor or being more subtle like when Chris said that Magic Mike XXL comment. I guess she has a different type of humour than us.

And as we're talking about this, I'm unsure if its only me or someone else have noticed it, but sometimes I wonder how is the friendship that Ashley has with Chris, I'm trying to not imply anything, but for instance she says "Baby Daddy" a lot, and when I first read/heard that I had the impression isn't a term you use with your friends. I might be wrong, but yeah there was a time I believed she had an slightly crush on him. And now she mentioned how big is Chris between his legs, was "Ok Ashley is too much".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 6/10/2015, 10:51 pm

ColferInspired wrote:I am on social media and have officially left the Flash fandom. :angry:

When a fandom start trying to dictate to an actor on how to act on social media, and start accusing him of racism in the guise of trying to push a fictional real life ship, I am out.

This is about Grant.

Much like the Crisscolfer wack-a-doodles are Klainers hopped up on the crazy juice; these Grandice people are WestAllen fans who can't tell the difference between reality and fiction. Accusations of racism has been their weapon of choice all season to use against anyone who wasn't feeling their ship; so, it's not a big surprise that the nutty RL shippers have adopted it in their quest to bludgeon sanity and reality into submission.

I just feel bad for Grant. He's in a relationship, and doesn't deserve to have these people harass him over their fantasies. I hope it doesn't get as bad for him as it has for Chris.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/11/2015, 4:30 am

Vir Cotto wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I am on social media and have officially left the Flash fandom. :angry:

This is about Grant.

Much like the Crisscolfer wack-a-doodles are Klainers hopped up on the crazy juice; these Grandice people are WestAllen fans who can't tell the difference between reality and fiction. Accusations of racism has been their weapon of choice all season to use against anyone who wasn't feeling their ship; so, it's not a big surprise that the nutty RL shippers have adopted it in their quest to bludgeon sanity and reality into submission.

I just feel bad for Grant. He's in a relationship, and doesn't deserve to have these people harass him over their fantasies. I hope it doesn't get as bad for him as it has for Chris.

That is why I think Grant started to not do stuff with Candice as he is probably afraid his girlfriend Hannah will start getting vile hate and death threats like Darren's girlfriend Mia does.

Poor Grant cops it from different ones accusing him of racism. I have looked through his twitter and cannot see anything about Candice racist or otherwise.

If they don't want Candice to see these racists, then why don't they block them as I have done a number of times?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/12/2015, 4:31 pm

I'm going to put the next thing in spoilers because it's gross. It's about a "gift" a Darren stan gave to Darren at the stage door.

Spoiler:

Darren and his fans are a match made in heaven--vile through and through.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/12/2015, 4:36 pm

^ well i wonder what they explained to him about the content in that bag. maybe the "story" about it is good enough for him to accept it w/o hesitation.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/12/2015, 4:58 pm

I can think of no story that would make that gift acceptable.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/12/2015, 5:54 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I can think of no story that would make that gift acceptable.

I totally agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/12/2015, 6:17 pm

i agree that the gift is vile regardless of reasoning. the thought of it makes me want to vomit. however, there are all kinds of people in this world. i remember a friend told me about his dog always eats his cats' vomit.

still, i think there must be some kind of story behind it or else they are truly nuts.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 6/13/2015, 2:52 pm

W
T
F

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/14/2015, 9:48 am

There is a story behind the "gift" a fan gave to Darren:

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 6/14/2015, 10:07 am

Jellyrolls wrote:There is a story behind the "gift" a fan gave to Darren:

Spoiler:

Shocked Suspect blinkk
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/14/2015, 11:52 am

I could not believe it when I read that story. ohmy

He actually posed with it then probably continued to sign stuff for the other fans.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/14/2015, 1:19 pm

i hope both the mother and darren apologized to the kid. the mother should be scolded for child neglect. darren however should be applauded for letting his fans enjoying more of the cool summer breeze as well as giving nearby catering businesses more income for late night munchies.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next