Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 4:06 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:@Heather: Yes, Chris received mixed reviews, but while some of them had valid points others were really judgmental and unfair. I got the impression quite a few people didn't get the movie and were dumbfounded that for once a character was in the limelight who was an ass but still ambitious and had a point to hate his peers. Still, it was Chris movie. He wrote, directed and stared in it. No matter what some critics may say, it is a major achievement. Darren has one minor part in a movie that gets released at festivals again and again and again. It is not a good movie, not with a good premise. I am not saying this because I dislike Darren, but because it to read at various internet outlets. Also only Darren fans seem to know it is his movie. The rest of the world sees Kristen Wiig.



That's what I'm saying. Some were fair and realized this was the freshman filmmaking effort of a very young artist, and others were blind with hate, judgment and were overly cynical/critical. I didn't even think Carson was that much of an "ass" and I liked him! And I usually go for the syrupy sweet, mary sue characters so....

Chris' movie is a major achievement. Darren's movie is just another paycheck.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 3647
Join date: 2013-01-16
Location: Colorado
Real Name: Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Lottie2303 on 6/6/2013, 4:11 pm

We already agreed I'd marry Carson. He was a kid with no guidance, big dreams and intense ambition. He was a character we rarely meet.

To be fair, I doubt Darren gets many offers. He took a chance when offered one. But he did a bad choice. No doubt.

Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 3189
Join date: 2013-03-04
Location: the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 4:13 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:We already agreed I'd marry Carson. He was a kid with no guidance, big dreams and intense ambition. He was a character we rarely meet.

To be fair, I doubt Darren gets many offers. He took a chance when offered one. But he did a bad choice. No doubt.

You're supposed to marry me! LOL! Wink But I remember that. Carson and you are so much alike. I'd feel intimidated toward Carson if he actually existed, but I admire him also.

I don't know. Darren is hot property at the moment. I'm sure he gets tons of offers, but he chose badly...like Lea and that New Year's Eve crap.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 3647
Join date: 2013-01-16
Location: Colorado
Real Name: Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Lottie2303 on 6/6/2013, 4:18 pm

No, he is not. Outside of Glee he is nothing. A year ago I dubbed him 'the weirdo with a bow tie and hair Gel'. He is only a tiny TV actor who believes to be bigger than he is because of a large fanbase.

What is with me a marriage on this Board nowadays!

Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 3189
Join date: 2013-03-04
Location: the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Buenos on 6/6/2013, 4:23 pm

SBL was far from a flawless film, but it clearly was a labor of love with an aesthetic POV and a non stereotypical teenage flick of raging hormones and sophomoric humor. It had both drama and comedy interlaced in a bittersweet story . I don't think it was something that was cookie cutter, so while some reviews weren't laudatory I think it's a movie Chris can be justly proud of.

I don't want to bash Darren's movie, it's irrelevant here but I just think Chris achievements stand on their own.

Chris going to Paris to promote HIS movie, in every sense of the word, is beyond fantastic.


Last edited by Buenos on 6/6/2013, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 5302
Join date: 2012-04-20
Location: California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 4:45 pm

Well, he did get a Broadway offer...but I suppose you're right. His fanbase is just really loud, not large.

SBL was not perfect, but it was smart, funny, tragic and had important things to say. It thought outside the box and was a labor of love...a passion project, and I will always respect that over some piece of fluff made solely for the purpose of turning a buck. Although I don't think Kristen's movie looks that bad, but it's her movie...not Darren's. A Very Harry Potter musical is something that Darren can all his own...you know what I'm saying?

Chris' projects do stand alone, and I hate that some Darren fans need to link every second of Chris' life to Darren.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 3647
Join date: 2013-01-16
Location: Colorado
Real Name: Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Ranwing on 6/6/2013, 5:23 pm

Buenos wrote:The problem I have is not with him, but his fans, which is another story.

I have some serious issues with his behavior, enough that he has very much turned me off of him as a performer. I’m very good about separating actors from their roles and I try very hard not to let an idiot group of fans ruin an actor for me, but Darren’s behavior outside of the show (like his behavior at Chris’s premiere) have pretty much ruined my opinion of him.

His fans are completely out of control. They run roughshod over everyone else and this is going to hurt Darren in the long run. He’s not a big enough name to make a project successful to the point that crazy fans will be tolerated, and Darren himself has done way too much to encourage the crazy. I get the sense that he’s trying to rein in the worst of it, but the damage is done. I said once that there are times when I felt sorry for Darren because his fans are so completely batshit, but now I firmly believe that he’s got the fans that he deserves.

Nobody hate me, but while I enjoyed the LOS book , the novelization of SBL and the movie SBL, I still think (as of now) Chris most mature gift is his acting.

So on a selfish note, I want him to get alot more roles acting, I also want him to write and do whatever he wants, but to me, it would be a waste for him not to full utilize what I think is an exceptional quality. It still boggle me that Glee was really his first professional gig and he never took an acting class in his life.

Ryan Murrphy said that Lea Michele's voice comes once in a generation (or something like that) , well I feel that way about Chris Colfer's acting. Even in Season 4, with limited screentime he just pulls focus with his acting and screen presence. Take "The Break UP" his heartbreak and horror on the realization of Blaine's cheating, it's so subtle yet powerful, it's almost like Acting 101 how to utilize the emotions in a scene with subtlety and nuance.

I think that the chances are good that Chris will find acting jobs once his time on Glee is done, if only judging by the amount of respect he has as an actor among his peers. This is the guy who was picked to acting alongside George Clooney and Brad Pitt (among others) after all. And if Diana can land a motion picture with Robert De Niro (and she hasn’t had a fraction of Chris’s critical acclaim and no awards for her time on Glee) then the odds are in Chris’s favor that he’ll be offered projects. He’s right now limited by his commitment to Glee, but once that is over? All bets are off.
The key will be for Chris to select the right roles where he can show that he’s more than just Kurt Hummel. He started that process with Carson. Now he’s got to stretch his acting wings even further. If he can land something, like a historical drama where he can really push himself and blow away the image that the audience has for him, then he’s got a good shot of getting out of Glee’s shadow. And there are certainly a number of highly respected and critically acclaimed actors who got their start on television comedies. Actors like George Clooney and Tom Hanks, for example.

But I enjoy all of Chris’s other work so I certainly hope that he’ll continue writing and just maybe… one day, despite not having any ambition to do so at this time… record and album. Just for us fans who love his voice.

Ranwing
Bruce
Bruce

Posts: 2991
Join date: 2012-07-18
Location: Levittown, NY
Real Name: Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  ColdFlame96 on 6/6/2013, 5:35 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:The problem I have is not with him, but his fans, which is another story.

I have some serious issues with his behavior, enough that he has very much turned me off of him as a performer. I’m very good about separating actors from their roles and I try very hard not to let an idiot group of fans ruin an actor for me, but Darren’s behavior outside of the show (like his behavior at Chris’s premiere) have pretty much ruined my opinion of him.

His fans are completely out of control. They run roughshod over everyone else and this is going to hurt Darren in the long run. He’s not a big enough name to make a project successful to the point that crazy fans will be tolerated, and Darren himself has done way too much to encourage the crazy. I get the sense that he’s trying to rein in the worst of it, but the damage is done. I said once that there are times when I felt sorry for Darren because his fans are so completely batshit, but now I firmly believe that he’s got the fans that he deserves.

Nobody hate me, but while I enjoyed the LOS book , the novelization of SBL and the movie SBL, I still think (as of now) Chris most mature gift is his acting.

So on a selfish note, I want him to get alot more roles acting, I also want him to write and do whatever he wants, but to me, it would be a waste for him not to full utilize what I think is an exceptional quality. It still boggle me that Glee was really his first professional gig and he never took an acting class in his life.

Ryan Murrphy said that Lea Michele's voice comes once in a generation (or something like that) , well I feel that way about Chris Colfer's acting. Even in Season 4, with limited screentime he just pulls focus with his acting and screen presence. Take "The Break UP" his heartbreak and horror on the realization of Blaine's cheating, it's so subtle yet powerful, it's almost like Acting 101 how to utilize the emotions in a scene with subtlety and nuance.

I think that the chances are good that Chris will find acting jobs once his time on Glee is done, if only judging by the amount of respect he has as an actor among his peers. This is the guy who was picked to acting alongside George Clooney and Brad Pitt (among others) after all. And if Diana can land a motion picture with Robert De Niro (and she hasn’t had a fraction of Chris’s critical acclaim and no awards for her time on Glee) then the odds are in Chris’s favor that he’ll be offered projects. He’s right now limited by his commitment to Glee, but once that is over? All bets are off.
The key will be for Chris to select the right roles where he can show that he’s more than just Kurt Hummel. He started that process with Carson. Now he’s got to stretch his acting wings even further. If he can land something, like a historical drama where he can really push himself and blow away the image that the audience has for him, then he’s got a good shot of getting out of Glee’s shadow. And there are certainly a number of highly respected and critically acclaimed actors who got their start on television comedies. Actors like George Clooney and Tom Hanks, for example.

But I enjoy all of Chris’s other work so I certainly hope that he’ll continue writing and just maybe… one day, despite not having any ambition to do so at this time… record and album. Just for us fans who love his voice.

So, basically, he has to pull a Daniel Radcliffe, or to a lesser extent a Zac Efron. Dan seemingly sealed his career when he decided to sign up for a super popular kids franchise at such a young age. But in the past few years, he has broken away from boy-wizard Harry by playing darker, grittier, more mature roles and basically telling the public that he's actually a full-grown man in his 20's and he's not that little 10 year old kid anymore. I think Chris needs to do that. The first step was Carson, who unlike Kurt, is not exactly a feel-good character, and SBL was not exactly a feel-good movie either. Apparently, the filming for his new movie is supposed to start sometime this summer, so if that goes well, it could help him out, because those kinds of movies are not generally family-friendly. Because of the content and subject, usually they are R-rated. Being in an R-rated movie is basically screaming 'Look at me! I'm an adult now!'

ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts: 1359
Join date: 2013-05-06
Real Name: Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  brisallie on 6/6/2013, 6:20 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Well, he did get a Broadway offer...but I suppose you're right. His fanbase is just really loud, not large.


This. Sincerely I've always have doubted how big is his fanbase, and as you said I believe they're louder than bigger. But it took me by surprise that his tour was sold out or sth like that I read, so I don't know what to think at this moment. The only thing I'm sure is I blame his fans for my dislike toward Darren, they usually made a fuss of everything. Like the one they're doing now with Girl Most likely.

And as someone have mentioned Daniel Radcliffe, when Darren was chosen as the new Pierrepont Finch, I remember I read an article that it says he was following Daniel's steps. As you know he became known because of AVPM and then he was in Broadway doing the same role that Dan did previously. Coincidence?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 5384
Join date: 2012-02-20
Location: latinamerica
Real Name: Romina

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 7:22 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Well, he did get a Broadway offer...but I suppose you're right. His fanbase is just really loud, not large.


This. Sincerely I've always have doubted how big is his fanbase, and as you said I believe they're louder than bigger. But it took me by surprise that his tour was sold out or sth like that I read, so I don't know what to think at this moment. The only thing I'm sure is I blame his fans for my dislike toward Darren, they usually made a fuss of everything. Like the one they're doing now with Girl Most likely.

And as someone have mentioned Daniel Radcliffe, when Darren was chosen as the new Pierrepont Finch, I remember I read an article that it says he was following Daniel's steps. As you know he became known because of AVPM and then he was in Broadway doing the same role that Dan did previously. Coincidence?

I forgot about his tour being sold out, but there is a theory going around that his management bought most of the tickets. WTF?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 3647
Join date: 2013-01-16
Location: Colorado
Real Name: Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 7:24 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Apparently, the filming for his new movie is supposed to start sometime this summer, so if that goes well, it could help him out, because those kinds of movies are not generally family-friendly. Because of the content and subject, usually they are R-rated. Being in an R-rated movie is basically screaming 'Look at me! I'm an adult now!'

"I've written another movie, this time definitely R-rated about a 1930s asylum,"

http://www.examiner.com/article/chris-colfer-reveals-first-details-about-his-second-self-written-film

Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 3647
Join date: 2013-01-16
Location: Colorado
Real Name: Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  ColdFlame96 on 6/6/2013, 7:47 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Well, he did get a Broadway offer...but I suppose you're right. His fanbase is just really loud, not large.


This. Sincerely I've always have doubted how big is his fanbase, and as you said I believe they're louder than bigger. But it took me by surprise that his tour was sold out or sth like that I read, so I don't know what to think at this moment. The only thing I'm sure is I blame his fans for my dislike toward Darren, they usually made a fuss of everything. Like the one they're doing now with Girl Most likely.

And as someone have mentioned Daniel Radcliffe, when Darren was chosen as the new Pierrepont Finch, I remember I read an article that it says he was following Daniel's steps. As you know he became known because of AVPM and then he was in Broadway doing the same role that Dan did previously. Coincidence?

I forgot about his tour being sold out, but there is a theory going around that his management bought most of the tickets. WTF?

His tour is not even close to being sold out. His management bought all the tickets so it would appear that way and there's still hundreds per venue available on stubhub for a very cheap price.

ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Posts: 1359
Join date: 2013-05-06
Real Name: Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  MoviesAreLife on 6/6/2013, 8:00 pm

Why would they do that? Weird.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 3647
Join date: 2013-01-16
Location: Colorado
Real Name: Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  fantastica on 6/6/2013, 8:01 pm

it's a lot of hard work to get a music tour going. criss is not lady gaga or the rolling stones. he's relatively unknown for anyone outside of the glee fandom. it's very hard to have a music career and get your name out. if you go to youtubes there are TONS of talented (and not so talented) musicians/singers and people can't remember all the names. only the few stand out. glee has given criss a ready-made fan base which guarantees that he will sell a big portion of tickets. still, it's a lot of hard work plus hard luck to be a successful artist of any type.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts: 8971
Join date: 2012-02-19
Location: USA, East Coast
Real Name: the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Jellyrolls on 6/6/2013, 8:29 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Why would they do that? Weird.

So they can say it's sold out, and create hype. Some people will desperately want to go because they can't get tickets. They could be trying to sell some tickets at a higher price than face value to make more money. Then they'll release a "limited amount" of tickets at the last minute.

There are still over 400 (out of 2500) tickets for sale on stub hub for the Boston show.

When all was said and done, there were only about 30,000 tickets total available for all of the shows.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13



Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts: 5987
Join date: 2012-02-18
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name: Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum