Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 35 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 35 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  ColferInspired 7/26/2015, 6:48 am

I kind of hope he keeps criticising his management team and they end up dumping him.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 35 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Glorfindel 7/29/2015, 5:05 pm

It's not really snark, but I don't really know what other thread to put this, so here goes:

Yesterday Chord Overstreet retweeted a JustJared tweet about Chris' The Land of Stories, and today Chris favorited an instagram Chord posted of himself as dj. neutre 

Okay, a little snark here..... guess which Glee co-worker Chris hasn't retweeted, liked or favorited any tweets/instagrams/projects from since Glee ended? sifflou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/29/2015, 5:36 pm

do we really need to guess? tonguue there's a reason why "tin hatters" are so called. they are really made of tin! (or lead, to be more precise). Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/29/2015, 7:01 pm

I wonder if the tinhatters are doing their typical hate because Chord didn't go to see Hedwig, and Chris didn't acknowledge it at all, and now they are acknowledging each other.

Of course, some of the tinhatters think Chris snuck to Italy to be with Blarren while he films his crappy movie.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/29/2015, 7:30 pm

I really don't think social media is indicative of anything substantial as far as the Glee cast dynamics, TBH.

Most of the Glee cast did not acknowledge Chris' Birthday this time around, nor did all tweet about his latest LOS success.

Chris has said that probably only Amber reads his books. Razz

In the case of Darren, neither Chord nor Lea made the effort to visit Hedwig, yet in Italy Darren said that Chord was the castmate he probably most bonded on Glee with. So it doesn't indicate that they aren't on good or even very good terms.

What I do think speaks volumes was Naya talking about how she enjoyed private Glee cast group chat sessions, which implies that alot of interaction happens privately. I recall Lea saying that her and Jenna would text each other constantly througout the week, yet you rarely seeing them tweet or respond to each other publicly.

In the case of Chris, he rarely talks about his private life and who he sees, talks to, etc. So I think social media is fairly worthless in determing who's close to who. Someone like Jenna, Lea, Chord, and Kevin and Becca use it almost 24/7 whereas some of the others is hit/'miss.

Chris can go weeks at a time without tweeting or instagramming.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/30/2015, 12:42 am

for many celebrities, twitter is for work/promotion/charity and sometimes friendship support etc., not for personal stuff, unlike many regular folks, who use it as a mean to stay connected with each other etc.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/30/2015, 7:37 am

The key word here is "public".
There's no way for us to find out how much the former Glee cast members do or do not still communicate with one another after the show ended. We got some hints here and there and do know that some of them definitely still are close or at least have regular contact, but that's it.

However we do know all their public tweets, retweets, instagram likes etcetera, and when you look at those it's interesting imo who some of them still publicly interact with and who not.
As @fantastica said: twitter and such for celebrities is mostly work related like promotion of projects and/or supporting colleagues or friends' projects. A retweet from someone who has 2.5+ million followers is a lot of free publicity after all.

Imo it says something about who they want to support and (still) be associated with now that they have no current professional connection anymore, in a way that their followers and basically everyone with internet access can witness it. Chris e.g. has always been close to Amber and he has supported her many times publicly on twitter. There also have been several public encounters with Jane Lynch the past few months.
Chris is often subtle in his support, by only 'liking/favoriting' stuff instead of retweeting, or we only find out he's been somewhere via other people (like 'Finding Neverland'), but usually that is still made public very soon by tumblr CSI. He's been liking and favoriting stuff from Jenna, Kevin, Grant, Adam Lambert and Meliisa Benoist (and probably some others I don't remember rn).

Now I'm not going to make up all kinds of conspiracy theories about the lasting or not relationships/friendships between the former Glee cast members based on a few retweets and some favorited instagram pictures. But when it comes to public interaction there are still some careful conclusions you can draw imo.

Btw: as far as Chord goes: my guess is that Chris saw that Chord retweeted something about him and the TLoS books, and as a sort of "thank you, and how are you doing yourself lately?" returned the favor by liking something from Chord on instagram too. All my humble speculation of course. suure

So in that regard I think it's funny that Chris so far has not publicly acknowledged his former greasy co-worker since Glee ended, even when he was pushed and bullied to do so a lot on twitter and instagram, which he must have noticed (and maybe that's why he didn't do it, lol).
Btw: besides the Col-fur joke Darren hasn't tweeted/retweeted about Chris or any of his projects either IIRC, so it's not just a oneway street here.
And in all fairness I'll be the first to note that it's very likely Chris doesn't interact with Darren publicly anymore because of the tinhatting craziness, but that they still could be in touch privately. Although Chris as far as 2 weeks ago not knowing how the Col-fur joke went (he only knew that Darren somehow mentioned him in Hedwig) and Darren saying around the same time that if Chris went to Hedwig he did not tell him, does suggest that they have not really talked with one another for a while. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/30/2015, 9:49 am

Kevin is the same as he praised Jenna for Breakaway with no mention of Darren as he was listening to Glee volume 4 album.

Darren stans have harassed him endlessly about Darren several other times, but he has completely ignored them. Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/30/2015, 11:10 am

^It's very well possible that because of the bullying and harassing of Darren's fans some of the former Glee cast members deliberately haven't tweeted (publicly) about Darren and his projects. I certainly wouldn't if they had been nasty to me all the time: I'd refuse to let them 'win' in their eyes, even when I was planning to tweet about Darren at first.

The opposite is of course also possible: that some of them have mentioned Darren because they felt compelled to do so after Darren's fans kept asking them to constantly (like maybe when Jenna was in New York a few times).

Darren's fans are definitely not doing him a favor by so obnoxiously shoving him in everyone's faces, whether it's other Glee fans or his former co-workers, and also including other fandoms and celebrities.
People might get annoyed and fed up about Darren before they even ever saw him!
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/30/2015, 2:29 pm

So far Chis has straddled a fine line when it comes to Glee, he hasn't disparaged the show but he has said that especially the first two years had an impact on many people and touched a chord, so to speak. Considering the show ran 6 seasons it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get Chris implication. Yet Chris has done a good job IMO of compartmentalizing Glee and how it went downhill (and the neglect of his character) to the affection he felt for cast and crew.

Many of the cast and crew seem to have a good, if not a close relatonship to Chris, at the least they admire his talent. On this level I would put the late Cory Monteith, Jane, Matt, Kevin, Grant, Jenna, Naya, Lea, Naya, Amber and Harry. Of course he's close to Ashley and Dot. TBH, I've rarely, if ever, seen any of the Glee cast throw shade specifically to any of their castmates.

The Chris/Darren thing is a complicated one because of the frenzy of the tinhatters, and its so interesting that on set by the end of Glee you never got ANY photos of them two together that were not outright posed PR photos. Nada, nothing, zilch. Even when Glee was wrapping up in the last few days with all the reminisicing, etc, there still wasn't any photos of them two, and TBH, i think that was Chris decision. I think he's fed up primarily with the tinhatters/bloggers and how they harass him and his friends, and other than professional stuff, he wanted no personal affiliation implied with Darren. I think he deliberately stayed away from Hedwig despite having several opportunities being in NY or at least making arrangements to see it, as he did Matt and than Jane in L.A. in her show. Is this ALL due to the tinhatter stuff? That's the question and who knows?

I did find their last BTS interview together (orchestrated by Ms. Professional Mia Swirren) a bit awkward, with Darren claiming they are friends , I mean why the hell did he have the need to declare that? Of course the only BTS Chris did all season was Mia's servicing Darren but what else is new? I do think Chris has his opinions on stunts like that and my speculation is that he was "get me out of all this BS now".

Chris just strikes me as no nonsense persona who does nothing for just personal PR and isn't all that hung up on celebrity and as such simply doesn't have much in common with some of his other Glee cast.

IOW, Doesn't hate them, but really has no desire to hang out with them.

Again, my speculation.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/5/2015, 10:31 pm

This is pretty funny:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 35 Tumblr_nsmvslbCVX1qgxexko9_1280

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 35 Tumblr_nsmvslbCVX1qgxexko10_1280

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/5/2015, 11:06 pm

rumor is that DC will join the cast. i think he can play the little brother of that guy in the middle. they look so much alike. oh, i agree that it's a good thing. i watched the previous seasons of AHS and the last season is unwatcheable. will not watch the next season(s) again, so the fact that DC may get on board from now on doesn't bother me at all. i can just skip them all. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/6/2015, 6:06 pm

^Didn't the guy in the middle play a (more) creepy version of Blaine in the last season of AHS?

Lol, they all look like clones, and Darren fits right in. I guess Ryan Murphy has a type. Rolling Eyes moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/1/2015, 11:34 am

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 35 Tumblr_ntz0h2YlOp1ri1mzuo1_250  Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 35 Tumblr_ntz0h2YlOp1ri1mzuo2_r1_250
x

Sorry for exposing you to Darren again, but lol:
How pissed must he be that he loses viewers during a livestream when he talks about his own new project, and then grudgingly has to admit that talking about a dead show and Chris Colfer instead will make his fans happy. uhuhu

You reap what you sow, what goes around comes around, he made his own bed, etc….. or as Rumpelstiltskin would say: all magic comes with a price.

Darren has only got himself to blame that a lot of his fans are for the most part only (still) interested in him because of Klaine/Glee/crisscolfer, instead of them being excited for his own new projects (and just look at how they constantly try to connect Chris to whatever Darren does).

Darren desperately still feeling the need to keep riding on Chris’ coattails to prevent more of his fans from leaving is hardly annoying anymore, just pathetic and slightly (secondhand) embarrassing at this point. Laughing

It would be better if Darren stops talking about Glee and especially Chris (as it's becoming painfully more and more clear that Chris is not interested in Darren at all anymore), and just cuts his losses if that would make him lose fans. (These fans are all tinhatters anyway: better to be rid of them.) He simply has to at some point, if only so he can have some dignity left in his future career.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 9/1/2015, 11:52 am

Ha! He only has himself to blame. He's the one who can't cut the cord, continues to name drop Chris whenever he can (or do completely asinine things like sign Chris' books), and isn't interesting enough in his own to keep fans excited about his individual projects.

Darren needs to suck it up and make it clear he and Chris are not a unit, do not date or even hang out, and then stop bringing Chris up to get the Klainers/Crisscolfers riled up. But then he might lose the bulk of what's left of his current fanbase, and he knows it.

ETA: oops, writing at the same time Wink .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/1/2015, 1:20 pm

awwww, poor thing!

And you are right that he'd better ignore these tin hatters like chris does so even if he loses fans, he will have fans loyal to him rather than the to the illusion of crisscolfer. glee is over and there will never be any glee related events so what's there to talk about? DC should seriously move on, for his own sake.

when you think about it, the guy is already very lucky - he's born into a rich family, he's never been bullied, he was in an extremely popular tv show for many years, he's played leads in 2 broadway musicals, he's appeared on stage playing his songs on many occasions, he's got legions of fans. he's made enough money to live comfortably forever if he invests wisely (not counting his future inheritance). I will gladly exchange my boring life with his...I mean, I will gladly take his money and go into retirement and live happily ever after with my cats and dogs and chickens and family.

Last edited by fantastica on 9/1/2015, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 9/1/2015, 1:28 pm

He left the live chat 30 minutes early, like a petulant child, because he was losing viewing numbers when he started talking about his own projects. Omg, I didn't know that. I just don't understand how he still has fans that will excuse him for everything blinkk .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/1/2015, 1:36 pm

how long should the live chat be?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 9/1/2015, 1:41 pm

fantastica wrote:how long should the live chat be?

I don't know. This is just the info I've gotten from Tumblr this morning. I don't know what this live chat was for or about, only that he left it early. His hard core stans are weeping for him because he seemed so sad, but like Marie said, he's only reaping what he's sown, and now it's coming back to bite him.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/1/2015, 6:05 pm

Yes, Darren cut off the live chat 30 minutes early (no idea how long it was originally supposed to be) because he was 'sad' (more like pouting imo) that noone wanted to hear about his own projects and there were 'only' questions about Chris and Glee.

I would almost feel sorry for him (really, that must have sucked for him), if it wasn't for his long tracklist of the numerous times he was obnoxious attentionwhoring at the expense of others, or tried to ride on Chris' coattails and kept feeding the tinhatters.

Karma is a bitch.  suure   It's time to face the music, Darren.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 35 Tumblr_inline_ntz46nB7Kr1stb8nf_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/1/2015, 11:08 pm

I just don't understand why Chris has to be invoked specifically. :(
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 35 Empty Emmy nomination Darren criss

Post  Kurt addict 9/13/2015, 4:28 am

I'm feeling a horrible person at the moment but I'm so relieved that Darren didn't win the Emmy for that generic song! I don't think I could of coped with the fall out if he had won, it's been bad enough with the false modesty with the nomination. He has so plugged his self it's just tiresome from the way he pushed to get his songs on glee ( it must or stung that Chris got asked to write an episode ) and he had to practically beg to get a song/songs on glee none of which are memorable! Embarassed
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/13/2015, 7:39 am

Kurt addict wrote:I'm feeling a horrible person at the moment but I'm so relieved that Darren didn't win the Emmy for that generic song! I don't think I could of coped with the fall out if he had won, it's been bad enough with the false modesty with the nomination. He has so plugged his self it's just tiresome from the way he pushed to get his songs on glee ( it must or stung that Chris got asked to write an episode ) and he had to practically beg to get a song/songs on glee none of which are memorable! Embarassed

I think a lot of us feel the same way.

His stans would have bragged about it to Chris on social media like forever. Trying to rub his nose in it and insult him in the process. Social media would have been unbearable for us fans as well. Darren and his people would have bragged about it endlessly as well.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/13/2015, 10:32 am

I'm not going to apologize for feeling absolutely giddy over Darren not winning the Emmy. The song was trite and cliché and the only reason he got the nomination at all was because his management team put so much effort into getting it. Since then, Darren has been marketing himself as and Emmy nominated actor/singer/songwriter (as if to imply that he got the nomination for acting, which would be much more prestigious, and not for writing a song). And Darren's fans have been absolutely obnoxious on social media, basically equating Darren's one major award nomination (again, not for acting) with all of Chris's award nominations and wins.

Poor Darren... always a bridemaid and never the bride...
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/13/2015, 11:13 am

I am also glad Daren did not win. If Darren had won I have not doubt the most rabid Darren stans would have trash and bash Chris if he did not mention it and congrats Darren on twitter. They would even if he would have, if they felt it was not fast enough. They would also would have harass other former co-stars/co-workers of Darren's on twitter.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next