Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 29 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  ColferInspired 4/19/2015, 9:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 29 Tumblr_nn1a99IN2i1u88r6co1_500

Taken from the Chris tweets thread:
Kurt addict wrote:Of course he went opening night! There we're cameras and after parties to be seen at, and moments to [url=#]plugKurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 29 Arrow-10x10[/url] oneself!
Well, we know Darren was seen mugging the camera on the red carpet at the afterparty of 'Finding Neverland' (and was rather late), but that doesn't even mean he went to see the show itself.
Remember when some of the cast went to Jane Lynch's 'Annie' on Broadway and Darren went to another show only to come backstage at 'Annie' afterwards to take pictures? Rolling Eyes

But lol moque at Matt mentioning and fondly thanking his "ex-students" Chris, Jenna and Harry who all went to enjoy 'Finding Neverland' without drawing any media attention to themselves, but him ignoring and leaving out Darren who's beardy face is all over the red carpet of the premiere afterparty and clumsily tried to attach and promote his own show with a tweet about Tinkerbell needing Hedwig's glitter.

The Darren stans were annoying Matt on twitter, but it looks like he just ignored them. Razz

Good for him.

This what a posted as a comment to someone elses post about this: neutre

I think one day one of them will be asked about Darren, in what he was like to work with. I think he was a decent guy when he first joined the cast, but the fame went to his head and seeing Chris getting all the praise from the media and guest stars on the show and from other celebrities, awards and on the cover of the Time’s magazine top 100  I think turned him into a jealous douche bag. Plus, the privilege and the praise he was given by RIB and others working on Glee went to his head and now he thinks he is the greatest star to come out of the show. I think he resents a lot of the original cast as he was not a part of the show when they were winning awards as he failed his first audition for the show. And he knows really why he became big was his characters attachment to Kurt and the love for Kurt from fans and celebrities. He was playing opposite someone who was a breakout star and critically acclaimed and admired by many of the character and the actor playing him.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  angelnessa 4/19/2015, 10:00 am

For ALL of the opportunities Glee heaped on Darren in terms of visibility and showcasing his talents, most of it undeserved imo, he really did come out of Glee with little to show for it except a massive amount of overexposure on a show that turned into the butt of multiple jokes. I could definitely see some resentment stemming from that. I was looking at that SAG group photo and thinking even Dijon got a statue, but Darren missed out. Ouch.

I think the Darren we see today, though, is pretty much the real Darren - elitest dudebro frat boy with no filter. Charming.

Is it possible he didn't actually watch Finding Neverland, but only attended the after party red carpet and event? I know he's done it before, with Annie. He really only congratulated Matt in his tweet, but didn't say anything about the actual show other than the glitter remark. That would explain wht Matt didn't include him in the tweet with Jenna, Harry, and Chris.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/19/2015, 10:48 am

Matt may not have mentioned Darren because people know Darren was there because he chose to go on the official opening night. There were several pictures of the two of them from that night. People knew Darren was there because it was on camera.

Chris, Jenna, and Harry chose to show their support for Matt on another day. They chose to skip opening night so that the focus could stay on Matt, where it belonged instead of it turning into a "glee cast goes to see Matt on opening night thing."

Darren going on opening night was no accident. He desperately wants to be seen as "Mr. Broadway." He has a show to promote, so why not latch on to someone else's big night so that he can appear in articles on Broadway blogs as "Darren Criss, who will be staring in Hedwig." Even his congrats tweet to Matt was about promoting his show to Matt's fan who may look at his twitter responses, and he include @neverlandbroadway in hopes that they would retweet them (which they did) so their followers would see his profile picture and the @hedwigonbroadway and maybe realize that Darren was in the show.

I get that celebrities have to promote themselves, but Darren has repeatedly done it by latching on to others for years.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/19/2015, 11:36 am

In the video and the promo pics, Darren is not wearing the blonde wig of Hedwig.

Now I am wondering if he said no about wearing it, when it is a part of Hedwig.

If that is the case no wonder that actress said it was The Darren Show. dryy
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 4/19/2015, 11:52 am

ColferInspired wrote:In the video and the promo pics, Darren is not wearing the blonde wig of Hedwig.

I've been curious about that too, but I wonder if it's only for the Darren promos. That blond wig is an iconic part of Hedwig, and I can't imagine it being left out.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/19/2015, 12:46 pm

At the end of the play, Hedwig comes onstage without the wig. With the exception of JCM, the other Hedwigs did promo pictures without the wig. I'm sure Darren will be wearing the wig in the show. They could be trying to keep his full Hedwig look a secret until it gets closer to performance time.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/19/2015, 1:48 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Matt may not have mentioned Darren because people know Darren was there because he chose to go on the official opening night.  There were several pictures of the two of them from that night.  People knew Darren was there because it was on camera.

Chris, Jenna, and Harry chose to show their support for Matt on another day.  They chose to skip opening night so that the focus could stay on Matt, where it belonged instead of it turning into a "glee cast goes to see Matt on opening night thing."  

Darren going on opening night was no accident.  He desperately wants to be seen as "Mr. Broadway."  He has a show to promote, so why not latch on to someone else's big night so that he can appear in articles on Broadway blogs as "Darren Criss, who will be staring in Hedwig."  Even his congrats tweet to Matt was about promoting his show to Matt's fan who may look at his twitter responses, and he include @neverlandbroadway in hopes that they would retweet them (which they did) so their followers would see his profile picture and the @hedwigonbroadway and maybe realize that Darren was in the show.

I get that celebrities have to promote themselves, but Darren has repeatedly done it by latching on to others for years.

I'm going to give Darren a little bit of leeway here and try to be fairer than I feel like being when it comes to him. Darren is under a huge amount of pressure to prove his legitimacy as a Broadway performer - that he's more than just stunt casting and can actually carry a show (so he's got a shot of opening as a lead instead of being brought in as a short-term replacement). He's also under a lot of pressure to fill his theater and right now, sales are still pretty sluggish.

So it would make sense that as a "fellow Broadway actor" that he would make some kind of appearance on opening night, if only for the PR. The problem for Darren is that it's become very obvious over the years that he really doesn't have any interest in supporting the projects of his former cast mates unless he can use it for his own promotion. We saw this back at Chris's film premiere when he showed up with his PR team in tow and made himself a distraction by signing autographs in the auditorium. We saw this when Lea, Naya and Chris won PCAs (the year that Darren was shut out) with that passive aggressive "when they win, I win" congratulatory tweet. We saw it when he couldn't be bothered to see Jane's Broadway performance with the rest of the cast, but showed up afterwards for the photo op. And we see it constantly at any red carpet event, where he makes a spectacle of himself in order to try to grab attention (even when he's got nothing to do with the event itself).

So it is any real surprise that he can't tweet Matt a congratulations without bringing up his own show, or that he showed up when the media was there? The problem for Darren is that I think that the others are well aware of Darren's proclivities and have started shutting him out. It's not an accident that Matt didn't bother to thank Darren for attending, but thanks Chris, Jenna and Harry. Darren had gotten a reputation for using others for his own benefit and no one likes to be used. I would not be at all surprised if others in the cast are starting to distance themselves from Darren now.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/19/2015, 6:15 pm

ColferInspired wrote:In the video and the promo pics, Darren is not wearing the blonde wig of Hedwig.

Who actress said that?

And also I see the other promotions, and only JCM wore the blonde wig during promotion. So this time wasn't one of Darren's diva attitude. But is the only nice thing I can say about him.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/19/2015, 6:19 pm

brisallie wrote:

Who actress said that?

And also I see the other promotions, and only JCM wore the blonde wig during promotion. So this time wasn't one of Darren's diva attitude. But is the only nice thing I can say about him.

The actress is Rebecca Naomi Jones, the actress playing opposite Darren in Hedwig.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/10/2015, 1:13 pm

Omg, I've tried to stay away from anything Darren related lately (the less I see his face the better imo), but this showed up on my tumblr dash and I just..... Mad

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 29 Tumblr_no40m7O5vH1rud3zyo1_500

Matt couldn't perform last night (Saturday) due to his voice needing a little break (which was very wise of him, even though it bummed him out a lot to let down people, including his own dad(!), who came to see 'Finding Neverland' for him).
That's a shitty thing to happen to a performer, as they usually feel terrible for not being able to fulfill their commitment to their audience, and it's a tough decision to make (or being forced to make because of your voice not working properly).

But what does Darren do? He thinks Matt's misfortune is "perfect", as it enables him to promote himself as Hedwig. Evil or Very Mad

If this was the first time Darren did this I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and write that tweet off as an awkward attempt at a joke. But we all know this isn't the first time: Darren already left an ugly trail of attention-whoring behind him, most obviously when he made the BTS video of Chris' Glee episode all about himself. Plus this is the second time he does it to Matt: at the premiere of 'Finding Neverland' Darren promoted Hedwig too.

And that "Just kiddin",.... really Darren, are you 5? Rolling Eyes

Oh, and this is on top of Darren having called Hedwig a "thing" twice now, smh.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 5/10/2015, 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 5/10/2015, 1:22 pm

It seems he can't open his mouth or Tweet anything these days without saying something offensive. What is it he pays his PR folks for again? They really should be sitting him down and having a chat, unless they are as oblivious as he is.

I feel badly for Matt and the people who wanted to see him, but I guess it happens. I know he put so much work into getting his voice ready for this production. Hopefully it won't be a chronic issue :( .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/10/2015, 2:09 pm

For me, Darren's behavior has gone well past the point of overlooking it. It's not the occasional misspoken statement. It happens all the time. And I'm not going to excuse it as not having a filter, because that implies that Darren knows exactly what he's saying ad just doesn't care. OR at least, that's not the case all the time. I think that all the times that Darren used the work (or in this case misfortune) of others for his own self-promotion, I have no question that it was deliberate and that he just doesn't give a shit.

But the interviews about Hedwig, where he constantly referred to the character as a "thing". Or the comment about bullying not being that big a deal. Or comparing adult gay men to teenage girls. All that is just Darren not thinking before he opens his mouth. So he's self-centered, arrogant, thoughtless and ignorant. Not exactly qualities that I find endearing or admirable.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/10/2015, 9:31 pm

It really seems like every time he speaks or tweets something, he says something offensive. And of course his stans continue to give him a free pass--blaming everything on anyone but Darren. Darren can never do anything wrong.

His stans are really out of control. They are bugging everyone about going to see Hedwig--not just the Glee cast. They have asked some of the cast of how to get away with murder if they were going to see him. Some of them also asked Oliver Kieran Jones if he was going to see Hedwig (which he says he is). It bugs me that the same fandom that has harassed and been so hateful to Oliver is the same fandom insisting that he should go see Hedwig.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/11/2015, 5:01 pm

Why are they asking the cast of how to get away with murder to see Hedwig?? Have Darren ever interacted with that cast? Seriously, it seems their fans want most of hollywood to attend the play. blinkk
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/11/2015, 5:39 pm

brisallie wrote:Why are they asking the cast of how to get away with murder to see Hedwig?? Have Darren ever interacted with that cast? Seriously, it seems their fans want most of hollywood to attend the play. blinkk

I think they're going after anyone that says they're going to NYC or they're in NYC. It's ridiculous. And since DC is bombing at the box office - his fans are scrambling to promote him and give him some cred. They're doing the opposite. Which is fine with me. Smile
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/11/2015, 5:48 pm

bayth wrote:
brisallie wrote:Why are they asking the cast of how to get away with murder to see Hedwig?? Have Darren ever interacted with that cast? Seriously, it seems their fans want most of hollywood to attend the play. blinkk

I think they're going after anyone that says they're going to NYC or they're in NYC. It's ridiculous. And since DC is bombing at the box office - his fans are scrambling to promote him and give him some cred. They're doing the opposite. Which is fine with me. Smile

Oh I see. And yeah I've seen tweets of glee cast saying they are in NY, and then a DC stan immediately reply if will see Hedwig lol

Bombing? What does it mean? ... wait, is he failing at the box office? Thought he was doing well.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/11/2015, 5:50 pm

well, they are STANS! by definition they are more than just fans. They will do anything to evangelize their idol. DC is lucky to have these stans to do the shameless promotion for him. w/o them he won't last a week in the theater.

just because people say they will attend (so not to offend these creeps) doesn't mean they will really go. they may want to read the review first.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/11/2015, 7:02 pm

brisallie wrote:

Oh I see. And yeah I've seen tweets of glee cast saying they are in NY, and then a DC stan immediately reply if will see Hedwig lol

Bombing? What does it mean? ... wait, is he failing at the box office? Thought he was doing well.

Bombing means that they box office is not going as well as it should be. In week one, he sold just over 70% of seats (which should have been higher considering it was his first week). This week, more seats sold, but they were sold at less money. His two weeks have been of the lowest grossing weeks since the show opened.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/29/2015, 4:26 pm

This is the kind of shit that Chris Colfer has to put up with.

Darren makes a "joke" in his Hedwig show , something to the effect that It's his Sarah Jessica "Parka" to his Chris Col (FUR) .   

Yes, I know it was suppose to be a play on words , a word funny.  Yes, I know Darren claims they are good friends.    However I don't think at this point it's rocket science or a secret that Chris Colfer does not like ANYTHING to encourage the crazies in any way shape or form.    Chris avoids this kind of thing studiously.   So of course Darren pulls this association out of thin air in his show just because.   

Yea right.

The apologists of course are going to say that Darren make a similar joke about the composer Menken and "merkin."  It's not the same thing.

Darren clearly knows Chris issues with the stuff (he's even stated as much to others)  and just doesn't give a shit.  Just an asshole move. 

Again, I feel bad for Chris Colfer that he gets dogged by this sort of stuff and even  by the one person who is more than aware how much it bothers/annoys him.   Again what an asshole move.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/29/2015, 4:57 pm

And it should be pointed out that not only did Darren add this joke to the show, he deliberately chose to add it in on Chris' birthday. I saw something where a fan supposedly asked him if he had the joke in his back pocket, and Darren's response was that he didn't think the joke would work, but then it suddenly seemed appropriate. So the fan said, because it was Chris' birthday, and Darren said yes.

So Darren deliberately chose to add that in there on Chris' birthday. Darren knows what his fandom is like, and he knows that it would incite the tinhatters. And to purposely add it on Chris' birthday really shows just how big of an asshole Darren is. I'm guessing that they are using it as proof that CC is on, and how Darren wanted to acknowledge Chris on his birthday.

Quite honestly, Chris' name shouldn't be coming up at all. While Hedwig is a show when they can poke fun at celebrities, or people who are well known in the Broadway community, Chris really isn't on that level. It's one thing to mention someone like Sarah Jessica Parker, who has a lengthy movie and television career and has appeared on Broadway, or Alan Menkin, who is a well known composer with several shows on Broadway or in the works at the moment. But Chris is an up and comer who doesn't have a Broadway connection yet. His only connection is that he was having the misfortune of dragging the asshole playing Hedwig on his coattails for many years.

He is an unprofessional asshole who has been disrespectful to the character he is playing, the other actors who have played that character before him, and the audience, too.

And while we're on the subject of Darren, he has no respect for the opportunity he has been given to perform on Broadway. He is already experience vocal issues bad enough that requires medical attention and medicine. Any professional actor (especially one without an understudy) with professionalism would be doing everything they can to preserve their voice so that they can give the audience who pays good money to see him the best possible show he can.

But, oh no, that doesn't apply to Darren. Instead of resting his voice, he chats on with the fans at length after the show (because they give him the attention he desires with every inch of his being). He takes ever opportunity he can to be "Mr. Broadway" and perform at concerts and events (further taxing his voice which he should be protecting it so he can get through the run he is being overpaid for), and taking every opportunity he can to host or attend events (because if there is a camera, Darren will be there).

He just continues to get more and more awful with every breath.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/29/2015, 5:47 pm

am I the only one who don't care what darren did? unsure

with glee behind me, i really don't care. he can say anything. i also don't feel bad for chris, for this is nothing for a guy who survived harsh bullying. he may not like it or get annoyed by it, but really no big deal. he will simply ignore it. whatever darren says - he's doing it to please his fans. let him do that. he needs his fans more than ever.

how's his show doing btw? no i am not going to google about him, ever.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/29/2015, 6:39 pm

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 29 Tumblr_np4kamtUcz1rrkotio1_1280

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 29 Tumblr_np4kamtUcz1rrkotio2_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/29/2015, 7:22 pm

Nice birthday present from Darren to his former co-worker and Glee 'buddy': he deliberately gave ammunition to his batshit crazy tinhatting fans to harass and bully Chris (and people he cares for) even more on his birthday, JFC.
And how nice of Darren to give these same bullies also one more reason to go after his own girlfriend. Such a considerate and lovely guy. Mad

Darren apparently made the same comment of "Chris Col-fur" again last night in 'Hedwig'.
Now the Chris Colfer tags on tumblr and twitter are filled again with delusional tinhatting posts, as Darren's 'joke' has them frothing at the mouth since yesterday: they even claim the 27th (Chris birthday!) as a crisscolfer riot day, smh.

Tbh: the less I hear, see or read about Darren the better imo; I just want to forget about him after Glee, but his fans keep pushing him in our faces by still posting him in the Chris Colfer tags (mostly just to annoy Chris' fans), and now Darren himself made sure we won't get rid of him and his rabid fans anytime soon.

Darren should know better, it's as simple as that. There's no excuse. :angry:

A bit related to this:
It seems to me that some of the nastier Darren-worshipping ("but we love both our boys equally!!!") tinhatters have finally seen the light and realized that cc isn't real after all now that Chris and Darren have had no interactions since Glee ended (even they can't believe the farfetched conspiracy theories anymore some of the most obnoxious tinhatters keep making up, like Chris watching Darren as Hedwig from the theater rafters, or Chris sending secret messages through his instagram likes). Rolling Eyes
And of course they are therefore blaming and angry at Chris, probably because he didn't tweet about or go to 'Hedwig', isn't 'grateful' enough to Glee and his fans, is not kissing Darren's and the Klainers' asses, and God knows what other things they always blame him for (but never Darren).

So instead of taking up a healthier hobby like cross-stitching or bird-spotting (or just reblogging every illegally taken picture of Darren as Hedwig and the numerous videos of him at the stagedoor) these former tinhatters have moved on from bullying Chris and his loved ones because he refuses to jump through their delusional crisscolfer hoop,.... to bullying Chris and his loved ones just because they hate him now.
And they go after some of the former Glee cast-members because they didn't tweet about Hedwig either, or any other offense they feel was given to Darren or his fans (like Kevin liking a comment that called out a tinhatter who complained that the Glee cast didn't publicly tweet support to their former co-workers). -ETA- Like @jellyrolls just posted above, when I was typing this.

Of course these people already hated Chris when they were still tinhatting crisscolfers and Klainers, just not openly.
I guess that's progress: at least now they don't have to pretend to be his fan anymore, so it's easier for Chris and his real fans to spot and block them.
smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/29/2015, 11:33 pm

On Chris's birthday I read what Darren said and felt upset because proved he still needs to please tinhatters. Doesn't he has enough fans to support him? For me wasn't funny what he did,was silly and childish.

By other side, I'm with Kim and we shouldn't care about this attention whore. Or at least try not to care,because I understand how awful is seeing tinhatters posting rude things to Chris and his beloved people. And Darren doesn't call them out . But I repeat,we dont get intoxicated by those people.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/30/2015, 12:17 am

brisallie wrote:On Chris's birthday I read what Darren said and felt upset because proved he still needs to please tinhatters. Doesn't he has enough fans to support him? For me wasn't funny what he did,was silly and childish.

By other side, I'm with Kim and we shouldn't care about this attention whore. Or at least try not to care,because I understand how awful is seeing tinhatters posting rude things to Chris and his beloved people. And Darren doesn't call them out . But I repeat,we dont get intoxicated by those people.

Brisallie, usually it rolls off my back, re: Darren.   Sometimes I'm even  in the position of defending him around here,  and I agree it's better to ignore him most of the time now that Glee is over.  However it got my gander becasue he deliberately dragged in Chris with his baiting...but yeah, most of the time...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next