Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 4/5/2013, 5:58 pm

bayth wrote:Be prepared to barf. Look what is in the new Entertainment Weekly magazine that came today in the mail:

Sorry, the picture isn't great- I took it on my iphoto in my MacBookPro. The quote for "Klaine" is: "Glee. Kurt and Blaine's high school (and beyond) romance was a teenage dream, complete with complementary bow ties and harmonies." vomit2 vomir

Who should we all vote for to take down Klaine?

Anyone,as long it is not for Klaine.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/5/2013, 7:09 pm

Ranwing wrote:Oh, Marge and Homer! Definately!

Yes.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 4/5/2013, 7:41 pm

It just annoys me how they make them appear the same height or Blaine even taller

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 4/5/2013, 7:44 pm

Buenos wrote:It just annoys me how they make them appear the same height or Blaine even taller

I agree. I doubt they would do it if Kurt was shorter.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/5/2013, 7:48 pm

Buenos wrote:It just annoys me how they make them appear the same height or Blaine even taller

We can't have the "girl" be taller than her "man", now can we? Rolling Eyes

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 4/6/2013, 4:32 am

That photo shoot was almost 3 years ago and Chris was shorter so maybe then they were the same height.
Just because Kurt likes spending times with girls instead of the bros or loves some girl stuff doesn't make him a girl. And Blaine is definitely not the "alpha male" they are trying to make us believe he is. I actually like that Kurt is the taller one in the relationship not that it really matters.

The idea that the man should be taller than the woman is stupid and out of date. There are a lot of examples including in Hollywood for women taller than their men. I'm a little bit taller than my fiance and it's really frustrating when some idiots start looking at us like we are aliens. They should mind their own business.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 4/6/2013, 5:02 am

I am so late to the party, so will go back quickly to my argument about the reversed roles within the relationship. Yeah, RIB seems to hate Finn and next to Quinn he gets constantly thrown under the bus. But they still have this need to show him as a hero, however they do it in the most fucked up ways (i.e. outing Santana; forcing Rachel on the train). Problem with those situation is that it is supposed to be a great moment for Finn and it actually shows supports the complainers as Glee being misogynistic. Still, Rachel constantly needs to be defended and saved (i.e. evil. evil Brody!) and is not allowed to make her own decisions. In reality, I bet Rachel would actually be the girl who would dominate Finn, who would never argue back and would not have an own opinion. Of course that is unhealthy too, but makes sadely more sense then the relationship we've seen on the show.

Okay, about EW, lets be real. Klaine is a highly visible and popular couple. Of course they are chosen to be represented. All we can do is vote against it. Those polls won't change RIB minds anyhow. They broke them up knowing all those details. We can just hope that their won't be a reconciliation at the end of the season (or ever... yeah, very likely :( ).

Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 4/6/2013, 7:35 am

I really cannot undestand why is Klaine such a popular couple? Except for the fact they are gay couple which is probably really courageous move to have such a couple on TV show on Fox, what else is interesting about them? Writing for them was all over the place since the beginning - Kurt loves Blaine, Blaine is oblivious and sings senerade to different guy, Kurt admits his feelings, Blaine says he cares abou him and doesn't want to screw things up and then is kissing Rachel and tells Kurt how it felt good even though he knows Kurt likes him. In the following episode Blaine says to Kurt that his sexy faces look like he was having gass pain and it still really does not really look like he is anyhow attracted to him. But of course when Kurt sings about dead bird Blaine suddenly fell head over heels with Kurt. Lovestory of the century. Razz Not talking that there is no spark, chemistry between them...And the words the writers often made them to say were so ridiculous and unrealistic for people of their age... You know I should be happy my favorite is part of such a popular couple but it's hard to be happy when I feel the couple doesn't deserve its popularity at all. I wonder that if they weren't gay would they have half of the success they have now? I am happy there are more gay couples on tv these days but the courage to have gay couple shouldn't excuse horrible writing for the couple... Or are they succesful because people like Darren and Chris? Personally I am sometimes ashamed when I see Klaine defeat really interesting and well written couples in polls.

arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/6/2013, 4:12 pm

I'm also someone who believes Klaine is so popular only because they're a gay couple, and for some people it means a lot. Actually it was mentioned on Glee's biography that it was like a change in people's mind at seeing how teenagers have as idols a gay couple. I think the same goes for Brittana. But, both relationships are unequal in my opinion, because in both, there's someone who take back the other person. Either for getting too much attention or being too dumb.

@Jelly

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/6/2013, 5:09 pm

Even in season two, Chris was taller than Darren. I remember people joking (about the Klaine photoshoot) that Darren probably stood on a box to look equal to and/or taller than Chris. And now? Chris towers over Darren. Laughing

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 4/6/2013, 6:32 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Even in season two, Chris was taller than Darren. I remember people joking (about the Klaine photoshoot) that Darren probably stood on a box to look equal to and/or taller than Chris. And now? Chris towers over Darren. Laughing

Yes Chris was always noticeablly taller than Darren, and even in this photo shoot there were wry comments made how they tried to make Darren as tall and in some cases even taller than Chris.

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/6/2013, 7:32 pm

In whole season two they tried to make Darren looks taller or the same height of Chris. But later it was impossible to do that. Is so noticeable now.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDestiny on 4/6/2013, 9:07 pm

arina wrote:I really cannot undestand why is Klaine such a popular couple? Except for the fact they are gay couple which is probably really courageous move to have such a couple on TV show on Fox, what else is interesting about them? Writing for them was all over the place since the beginning - Kurt loves Blaine, Blaine is oblivious and sings senerade to different guy, Kurt admits his feelings, Blaine says he cares abou him and doesn't want to screw things up and then is kissing Rachel and tells Kurt how it felt good even though he knows Kurt likes him. In the following episode Blaine says to Kurt that his sexy faces look like he was having gass pain and it still really does not really look like he is anyhow attracted to him. But of course when Kurt sings about dead bird Blaine suddenly fell head over heels with Kurt. Lovestory of the century. Razz Not talking that there is no spark, chemistry between them...And the words the writers often made them to say were so ridiculous and unrealistic for people of their age... You know I should be happy my favorite is part of such a popular couple but it's hard to be happy when I feel the couple doesn't deserve its popularity at all. I wonder that if they weren't gay would they have half of the success they have now? I am happy there are more gay couples on tv these days but the courage to have gay couple shouldn't excuse horrible writing for the couple... Or are they succesful because people like Darren and Chris? Personally I am sometimes ashamed when I see Klaine defeat really interesting and well written couples in polls.

I think I should be the one to answer this, since I'm one of the ones that was such a huge Klaine fan at the beginning. The truth is, it was because they were a gay couple. And it was because Kurt was such an inspirational character. So I wanted this to work. I wanted Klaine to be huge, and I wanted Kurt to be happy. Because Kurt being happy was important to me, and having a massively popular gay couple on television meant something to me. And for the longest time I was happy, because I didn't let myself see anything other than Kurt and Blaine working as a couple.

IMHO the biggest problem with the cheating storyline wasn't not showing Kurt's perspective, and it wasn't that Blaine did something bad to Kurt. The problem was that it gave me the opportunity to open up a little window, to give myself a chance to look at them without the Klaine goggles. What I saw horrified me. I saw just how little the show cared about making Kurt and Blaine an equal couple. I saw just how small Kurt's life had become now that he was one half of a supercouple. And I saw all the weaknesses in Darren Criss' acting, which weren't noticeable when he was just Kurt's love interest but were glaring now that Blaine was being asked to carry the bulk of the acting in this storyline. I also saw what hate and contempt a lot of Blaine's fans have for Chris Colfer and the character of Kurt.

I'm very saddened by this, because I did want Klaine to work. And with another set of writers it probably could have worked. But RIB don't seem interested in making Blaine grow, in them organically finding their way back to each other. So I don't know what to do. In fanfiction, I have all the choices in the world, but I only want Klaine. And on the show, all we're going to get is Klaine, and it's the last thing that I want.

My apologies if this rant went on a little too long. This couple meant a lot to me at one time, and the current state of affairs (pun intended), is just abysmal. :(

BigDestiny
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/6/2013, 9:45 pm

^Great post, thanks for the insight. neutre

Over here we sometimes forget that the shitty writing and other clear problems involving Blaine/Klaine/Kurt must be painful and troublesome for the.....how do I say this political correct, lol..... more sane and/or former Klainers as well.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/6/2013, 10:27 pm

BigDestiny wrote:
arina wrote:I really cannot undestand why is Klaine such a popular couple? Except for the fact they are gay couple which is probably really courageous move to have such a couple on TV show on Fox, what else is interesting about them? Writing for them was all over the place since the beginning - Kurt loves Blaine, Blaine is oblivious and sings senerade to different guy, Kurt admits his feelings, Blaine says he cares abou him and doesn't want to screw things up and then is kissing Rachel and tells Kurt how it felt good even though he knows Kurt likes him. In the following episode Blaine says to Kurt that his sexy faces look like he was having gass pain and it still really does not really look like he is anyhow attracted to him. But of course when Kurt sings about dead bird Blaine suddenly fell head over heels with Kurt. Lovestory of the century. Razz Not talking that there is no spark, chemistry between them...And the words the writers often made them to say were so ridiculous and unrealistic for people of their age... You know I should be happy my favorite is part of such a popular couple but it's hard to be happy when I feel the couple doesn't deserve its popularity at all. I wonder that if they weren't gay would they have half of the success they have now? I am happy there are more gay couples on tv these days but the courage to have gay couple shouldn't excuse horrible writing for the couple... Or are they succesful because people like Darren and Chris? Personally I am sometimes ashamed when I see Klaine defeat really interesting and well written couples in polls.

I think I should be the one to answer this, since I'm one of the ones that was such a huge Klaine fan at the beginning. The truth is, it was because they were a gay couple. And it was because Kurt was such an inspirational character. So I wanted this to work. I wanted Klaine to be huge, and I wanted Kurt to be happy. Because Kurt being happy was important to me, and having a massively popular gay couple on television meant something to me. And for the longest time I was happy, because I didn't let myself see anything other than Kurt and Blaine working as a couple.

IMHO the biggest problem with the cheating storyline wasn't not showing Kurt's perspective, and it wasn't that Blaine did something bad to Kurt. The problem was that it gave me the opportunity to open up a little window, to give myself a chance to look at them without the Klaine goggles. What I saw horrified me. I saw just how little the show cared about making Kurt and Blaine an equal couple. I saw just how small Kurt's life had become now that he was one half of a supercouple. And I saw all the weaknesses in Darren Criss' acting, which weren't noticeable when he was just Kurt's love interest but were glaring now that Blaine was being asked to carry the bulk of the acting in this storyline. I also saw what hate and contempt a lot of Blaine's fans have for Chris Colfer and the character of Kurt.

I'm very saddened by this, because I did want Klaine to work. And with another set of writers it probably could have worked. But RIB don't seem interested in making Blaine grow, in them organically finding their way back to each other. So I don't know what to do. In fanfiction, I have all the choices in the world, but I only want Klaine. And on the show, all we're going to get is Klaine, and it's the last thing that I want.

My apologies if this rant went on a little too long. This couple meant a lot to me at one time, and the current state of affairs (pun intended), is just abysmal. :(

Wonderful post. That's exactly how I used to feel when I was a Klainer. In fact, I think this is how most Kurt fans who loved Klaine felt about the couple at first. But then we saw it for what it truly was and...well, you know how that goes.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top