Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

+31
ColdFlame96
confusing
coxfire
glimmerle
bayth
fantastica
Ranwing
Ireth
M&M
AnneNeville
TimF
SippyCupofLuv
opals
sjonnepon
valkeakuulas
ariel189
Divalicious
rooszie
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
Delight
Jellyrolls
Glorfindel
BigDestiny
brisallie
arina
Lottie2303
sheny
Buenos
MoviesAreLife
ChrisColferFan1
35 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 Empty Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/5/2013, 5:58 pm

bayth wrote:Be prepared to barf. Look what is in the new Entertainment Weekly magazine that came today in the mail:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 Fa74a840-872c-4609-b06b-11551c3cb9e6_zps0c85ec83

Sorry, the picture isn't great- I took it on my iphoto in my MacBookPro. The quote for "Klaine" is: "Glee. Kurt and Blaine's high school (and beyond) romance was a teenage dream, complete with complementary bow ties and harmonies." vomit2 vomir

Who should we all vote for to take down Klaine?

Anyone,as long it is not for Klaine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/5/2013, 7:09 pm

Ranwing wrote:Oh, Marge and Homer! Definately!

Yes.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  Buenos 4/5/2013, 7:41 pm

It just annoys me how they make them appear the same height or Blaine even taller
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/5/2013, 7:44 pm

Buenos wrote:It just annoys me how they make them appear the same height or Blaine even taller

I agree. I doubt they would do it if Kurt was shorter.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/5/2013, 7:48 pm

Buenos wrote:It just annoys me how they make them appear the same height or Blaine even taller

We can't have the "girl" be taller than her "man", now can we? Rolling Eyes

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/6/2013, 4:32 am

That photo shoot was almost 3 years ago and Chris was shorter so maybe then they were the same height.
Just because Kurt likes spending times with girls instead of the bros or loves some girl stuff doesn't make him a girl. And Blaine is definitely not the "alpha male" they are trying to make us believe he is. I actually like that Kurt is the taller one in the relationship not that it really matters.

The idea that the man should be taller than the woman is stupid and out of date. There are a lot of examples including in Hollywood for women taller than their men. I'm a little bit taller than my fiance and it's really frustrating when some idiots start looking at us like we are aliens. They should mind their own business.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/6/2013, 5:02 am

I am so late to the party, so will go back quickly to my argument about the reversed roles within the relationship. Yeah, RIB seems to hate Finn and next to Quinn he gets constantly thrown under the bus. But they still have this need to show him as a hero, however they do it in the most fucked up ways (i.e. outing Santana; forcing Rachel on the train). Problem with those situation is that it is supposed to be a great moment for Finn and it actually shows supports the complainers as Glee being misogynistic. Still, Rachel constantly needs to be defended and saved (i.e. evil. evil Brody!) and is not allowed to make her own decisions. In reality, I bet Rachel would actually be the girl who would dominate Finn, who would never argue back and would not have an own opinion. Of course that is unhealthy too, but makes sadely more sense then the relationship we've seen on the show.

Okay, about EW, lets be real. Klaine is a highly visible and popular couple. Of course they are chosen to be represented. All we can do is vote against it. Those polls won't change RIB minds anyhow. They broke them up knowing all those details. We can just hope that their won't be a reconciliation at the end of the season (or ever... yeah, very likely :( ).
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/6/2013, 7:35 am

I really cannot undestand why is Klaine such a popular couple? Except for the fact they are gay couple which is probably really courageous move to have such a couple on TV show on Fox, what else is interesting about them? Writing for them was all over the place since the beginning - Kurt loves Blaine, Blaine is oblivious and sings senerade to different guy, Kurt admits his feelings, Blaine says he cares abou him and doesn't want to screw things up and then is kissing Rachel and tells Kurt how it felt good even though he knows Kurt likes him. In the following episode Blaine says to Kurt that his sexy faces look like he was having gass pain and it still really does not really look like he is anyhow attracted to him. But of course when Kurt sings about dead bird Blaine suddenly fell head over heels with Kurt. Lovestory of the century. Razz Not talking that there is no spark, chemistry between them...And the words the writers often made them to say were so ridiculous and unrealistic for people of their age... You know I should be happy my favorite is part of such a popular couple but it's hard to be happy when I feel the couple doesn't deserve its popularity at all. I wonder that if they weren't gay would they have half of the success they have now? I am happy there are more gay couples on tv these days but the courage to have gay couple shouldn't excuse horrible writing for the couple... Or are they succesful because people like Darren and Chris? Personally I am sometimes ashamed when I see Klaine defeat really interesting and well written couples in polls.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/6/2013, 4:12 pm

I'm also someone who believes Klaine is so popular only because they're a gay couple, and for some people it means a lot. Actually it was mentioned on Glee's biography that it was like a change in people's mind at seeing how teenagers have as idols a gay couple. I think the same goes for Brittana. But, both relationships are unequal in my opinion, because in both, there's someone who take back the other person. Either for getting too much attention or being too dumb.

@Jelly
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 5:09 pm

Even in season two, Chris was taller than Darren. I remember people joking (about the Klaine photoshoot) that Darren probably stood on a box to look equal to and/or taller than Chris. And now? Chris towers over Darren. Laughing

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/6/2013, 6:32 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Even in season two, Chris was taller than Darren. I remember people joking (about the Klaine photoshoot) that Darren probably stood on a box to look equal to and/or taller than Chris. And now? Chris towers over Darren. Laughing

Yes Chris was always noticeablly taller than Darren, and even in this photo shoot there were wry comments made how they tried to make Darren as tall and in some cases even taller than Chris.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/6/2013, 7:32 pm

In whole season two they tried to make Darren looks taller or the same height of Chris. But later it was impossible to do that. Is so noticeable now.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDestiny 4/6/2013, 9:07 pm

arina wrote:I really cannot undestand why is Klaine such a popular couple? Except for the fact they are gay couple which is probably really courageous move to have such a couple on TV show on Fox, what else is interesting about them? Writing for them was all over the place since the beginning - Kurt loves Blaine, Blaine is oblivious and sings senerade to different guy, Kurt admits his feelings, Blaine says he cares abou him and doesn't want to screw things up and then is kissing Rachel and tells Kurt how it felt good even though he knows Kurt likes him. In the following episode Blaine says to Kurt that his sexy faces look like he was having gass pain and it still really does not really look like he is anyhow attracted to him. But of course when Kurt sings about dead bird Blaine suddenly fell head over heels with Kurt. Lovestory of the century. Razz Not talking that there is no spark, chemistry between them...And the words the writers often made them to say were so ridiculous and unrealistic for people of their age... You know I should be happy my favorite is part of such a popular couple but it's hard to be happy when I feel the couple doesn't deserve its popularity at all. I wonder that if they weren't gay would they have half of the success they have now? I am happy there are more gay couples on tv these days but the courage to have gay couple shouldn't excuse horrible writing for the couple... Or are they succesful because people like Darren and Chris? Personally I am sometimes ashamed when I see Klaine defeat really interesting and well written couples in polls.

I think I should be the one to answer this, since I'm one of the ones that was such a huge Klaine fan at the beginning. The truth is, it was because they were a gay couple. And it was because Kurt was such an inspirational character. So I wanted this to work. I wanted Klaine to be huge, and I wanted Kurt to be happy. Because Kurt being happy was important to me, and having a massively popular gay couple on television meant something to me. And for the longest time I was happy, because I didn't let myself see anything other than Kurt and Blaine working as a couple.

IMHO the biggest problem with the cheating storyline wasn't not showing Kurt's perspective, and it wasn't that Blaine did something bad to Kurt. The problem was that it gave me the opportunity to open up a little window, to give myself a chance to look at them without the Klaine goggles. What I saw horrified me. I saw just how little the show cared about making Kurt and Blaine an equal couple. I saw just how small Kurt's life had become now that he was one half of a supercouple. And I saw all the weaknesses in Darren Criss' acting, which weren't noticeable when he was just Kurt's love interest but were glaring now that Blaine was being asked to carry the bulk of the acting in this storyline. I also saw what hate and contempt a lot of Blaine's fans have for Chris Colfer and the character of Kurt.

I'm very saddened by this, because I did want Klaine to work. And with another set of writers it probably could have worked. But RIB don't seem interested in making Blaine grow, in them organically finding their way back to each other. So I don't know what to do. In fanfiction, I have all the choices in the world, but I only want Klaine. And on the show, all we're going to get is Klaine, and it's the last thing that I want.

My apologies if this rant went on a little too long. This couple meant a lot to me at one time, and the current state of affairs (pun intended), is just abysmal. :(

BigDestiny
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/6/2013, 9:45 pm

^Great post, thanks for the insight. neutre

Over here we sometimes forget that the shitty writing and other clear problems involving Blaine/Klaine/Kurt must be painful and troublesome for the.....how do I say this political correct, lol..... more sane and/or former Klainers as well.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 10:27 pm

BigDestiny wrote:
arina wrote:I really cannot undestand why is Klaine such a popular couple? Except for the fact they are gay couple which is probably really courageous move to have such a couple on TV show on Fox, what else is interesting about them? Writing for them was all over the place since the beginning - Kurt loves Blaine, Blaine is oblivious and sings senerade to different guy, Kurt admits his feelings, Blaine says he cares abou him and doesn't want to screw things up and then is kissing Rachel and tells Kurt how it felt good even though he knows Kurt likes him. In the following episode Blaine says to Kurt that his sexy faces look like he was having gass pain and it still really does not really look like he is anyhow attracted to him. But of course when Kurt sings about dead bird Blaine suddenly fell head over heels with Kurt. Lovestory of the century. Razz Not talking that there is no spark, chemistry between them...And the words the writers often made them to say were so ridiculous and unrealistic for people of their age... You know I should be happy my favorite is part of such a popular couple but it's hard to be happy when I feel the couple doesn't deserve its popularity at all. I wonder that if they weren't gay would they have half of the success they have now? I am happy there are more gay couples on tv these days but the courage to have gay couple shouldn't excuse horrible writing for the couple... Or are they succesful because people like Darren and Chris? Personally I am sometimes ashamed when I see Klaine defeat really interesting and well written couples in polls.

I think I should be the one to answer this, since I'm one of the ones that was such a huge Klaine fan at the beginning. The truth is, it was because they were a gay couple. And it was because Kurt was such an inspirational character. So I wanted this to work. I wanted Klaine to be huge, and I wanted Kurt to be happy. Because Kurt being happy was important to me, and having a massively popular gay couple on television meant something to me. And for the longest time I was happy, because I didn't let myself see anything other than Kurt and Blaine working as a couple.

IMHO the biggest problem with the cheating storyline wasn't not showing Kurt's perspective, and it wasn't that Blaine did something bad to Kurt. The problem was that it gave me the opportunity to open up a little window, to give myself a chance to look at them without the Klaine goggles. What I saw horrified me. I saw just how little the show cared about making Kurt and Blaine an equal couple. I saw just how small Kurt's life had become now that he was one half of a supercouple. And I saw all the weaknesses in Darren Criss' acting, which weren't noticeable when he was just Kurt's love interest but were glaring now that Blaine was being asked to carry the bulk of the acting in this storyline. I also saw what hate and contempt a lot of Blaine's fans have for Chris Colfer and the character of Kurt.

I'm very saddened by this, because I did want Klaine to work. And with another set of writers it probably could have worked. But RIB don't seem interested in making Blaine grow, in them organically finding their way back to each other. So I don't know what to do. In fanfiction, I have all the choices in the world, but I only want Klaine. And on the show, all we're going to get is Klaine, and it's the last thing that I want.

My apologies if this rant went on a little too long. This couple meant a lot to me at one time, and the current state of affairs (pun intended), is just abysmal. :(

Wonderful post. That's exactly how I used to feel when I was a Klainer. In fact, I think this is how most Kurt fans who loved Klaine felt about the couple at first. But then we saw it for what it truly was and...well, you know how that goes.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/6/2013, 10:45 pm

Klaine may be a popular couple, but they are not an epic couple like the others because there has been such limited development and screen time they have shared. Think about how they have developed since Original Song (I quickly fast forwarded trough season two to see the development so I may have missed stuff):

Original Song--The kiss, starting to date, holding hands

A Night of Neglect--Kurt shows Blaine his old school, and they attend the concert

Born this Way--Blaine said he would be all for Kurt going back to McKinley if it weren't for Karofsky, then sings Somewhere Only You Know to him

Prom Queen--Kurt invites Blaine to prom, Blaine agrees (somewhat reluctantly), Blaine tries to discourage Kurt from wearng kilt, Blaine doesn't dance with Kurt (who was ready to dance) until Kurt is humiliated, Blaine asks Kurt if he wants to go after he is nominated Prom King

New York--The I love you scene

Purple Piano Project--Discussion about Blaine transferring to McKinley, Blaine transfers

I Am A Unicorn--Discussing auditioning for WSS

Asian F--Kurt gives Blaine flowers for getting cast as Tony

Pot Of Gold--Three seconds of dancing during Last Friday Night (I think Blaine danced more ith Rachel in the song).

The First Time--Sex talk in Blaine's room, Kurt's bucket list discussion, scene inside scandals offered no development, car scene, auditorium scene, the first time

Mash Off--They look out the window together, and sit three feet apart in the choir room

I Kissed A Girl--They sang Perfect, Blaine watches Kurt finalize NYADA application

Hold On To Sixteen--Coffee date with Sebastian, Blaine offers Kurt no support about his NYADA issue and bitches about Finn, (not development, but Kurt looking at Blaine and saying "What's wrong with you?" is one of my favorite scenes ever), Kurt says Blaine's dance move is cute, they run into the choir arms around each other after sectionals, butdon't ceebrate together after the win, they ar no where near each other during we are young

Christmas--the special didn't develop them at all

Yes/No--No interaction

Michael--Kurt finds out Blaine is talking to Sebastian behind his back, Blaine takes a slushie for Kurt, Kurt shows adequate concern for Blaine's well being, the Ben scene, Blaine shows adequate excitement for Kurt being a finalist

The Spanish Teacher--Kurt makes a face that implies he would have accepted a proposal from Blaine even though he doesn't agree that Finchel should get married

Heart--Kurt thinks Blaine is his secret admire, but he's not, Blaine shows up at the party at the end, and spends more time showboating onstage and parading around the room with girls than with Kurt

On My Way--Kurt watches Blaine sing, Lima Bean scene had no development, Again, they do not celebrate a competition win together

Big Brother--Kurt is supportive of Blaine's issues with his brother, and offers advice

Saturday Night Gleeva--Couples dance during more than a woman

Dance With Somebody--Blaine distances himself from Kurt, overreacts to Kurt texting Chandler by serenadng him with a scathing song, Kurt sings "I Have NothCing" and seeks out counselling for them (where Blaine points out Kurt's flaws), cute locker scene

Choke--Blaine supports Kurt for NYADA audition and seems excited about the performance

Prom-asaurus--Comisserating over prom, planning anti-prom, Blaine whines about hair gel, Kurt supports Blaine on the ridiculous hair gel thing (rewatching he is more supportive of Blaine on the hair gel thing than Blaine was in Prom Queen)

Props--Ice cream date Blaine supports Kurt on the dress issue, We see more PDA from Finn-Kurt and Puck-Blaine than from the real ones. No real development (they don't even share a seat on the bus like the other couples)

Nationals--They finally celebrate a competition win together, but no real development

Goodbye--Blaine gives Kurt monogrammed towels, discussion about the long distance thing--one of the few conversations they've had about the relationship, Blaine gives Kurt a handkerchef at graduation

In season 4, we had Blaine encouraging Kurt to go to NY, then some phone calls/skype conversations, then the breakup, Thansgiving phone call, awkward Christmas, sex on Valentine's Day.

Bottom line, they are not an epic couple because they went from puppy love, to sex, to middle aged married couple, to broken up. There is very little development of Klaine as couple. For them to even be in the same poll as most of those other couples is insulting.

ETA: If we take out the songs I bet we'd have less than 30 minutes of one on one screentime between them.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 10:55 pm

^ I do think that most of their novelty comes from the fact that they are a "groundbreaking", gay male couple. That, and the fact that a truly groundbreaking, inspirational gay character gets his "Prince Charming" appeals to some people. If only they knew...

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/6/2013, 11:03 pm

Unfortunately the stopped being groundbreaking after the first kiss.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 11:20 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Unfortunately the stopped being groundbreaking after the first kiss.

What about the first time? That was pretty huge.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 11:22 pm

sheny wrote:That photo shoot was almost 3 years ago and Chris was shorter so maybe then they were the same height.
Just because Kurt likes spending times with girls instead of the bros or loves some girl stuff doesn't make him a girl. And Blaine is definitely not the "alpha male" they are trying to make us believe he is. I actually like that Kurt is the taller one in the relationship not that it really matters.

The idea that the man should be taller than the woman is stupid and out of date. There are a lot of examples including in Hollywood for women taller than their men. I'm a little bit taller than my fiance and it's really frustrating when some idiots start looking at us like we are aliens. They should mind their own business.

I'm sorry that you and your fiance still get strange looks even in this day and age. I hope you know that I was being sarcastic when I said that about Klaine! ooppss

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/6/2013, 11:38 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Unfortunately the stopped being groundbreaking after the first kiss.

It would have been huge if it wasn't tainted by the car scene (at least to me)
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/6/2013, 11:41 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/6/2013, 11:47 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

I agree. I just mean that the showing of a gay couple losing their virginities to each other is a rare thing to find on TV, even today. But the more I think about it, the sadder I feel for Kurt in that episode. I get the vibe that he made the snap decision to "put out" before he was really ready in order to "keep his man". :(

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/7/2013, 3:43 am

BigDestiny wrote:

Thanks for the insightful post.
I am sorry for Klainers who was rooting for the couple since the beginning and now they have to watch what a trainwreck the writing of RIB for them is.

I personally was not in the fandom during most of the season 2. I did not read any spoilers, articles, I did not know Klaine or potentional Klaine was something so big. I loved BICO and I thought that was really nice and they both seem to be really into each other. Well and since then like I already said it started to go downhill for me with all the Jeremiah, kissing Rachel, opening eyes because of singing about death of birth etc things so I never really got into the Klaine mood except for BICO (although I was really happy for Kurt during the kiss scene). And then there was the fact Kurt was already my favorite and he was so isolated in Dalton and almost all of the Dalton screentime were about guest star singing a solo so I was irritated by that. Also when I started to go on glee forum and Kurt't thread was dead so I read Klaine forum and majority seem there to prefer Blaine I was sad. But I still kinda accepted Klaine in season 2 although I was not a fan, but in season 3 and 4 I have started to strongly dislike them because the writing got only worse.

What is also sad some Klainers used to complain Blaine gets something to do only if he has scene with Kurt (but he was guest star in season 2 and he was cast to support Kurt't storyline!) but nowadays it's exactly the opposite, Kur, one of the original characters, is allowed to sing only with Blaine, it allowed to have storyline only with blaine... I want to cry when people say "wait for Blaine to get in New York, then Kurt gets more to do"! Why? Why everything Kurt does should be about Klaine? He had great episodes and great storylines before Blaine existed why couldn't he have them again?
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/7/2013, 4:16 am

The thing that annoys me is these hypocritical "Klaine" fans who I call having "moon of Sagittarius" foot in mouth disease.

They don't give a flying fig about Kurt except how he services Klaine and Blaine. They hand wave lack of screen time for Kurt, rationalize his not expressing his feelings, lack of songs, etc because its all about Blaine to then.

The worst thing is they "claim" they love both characters equal. What a load of BS. beam

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next