Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 13 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Ranwing 9/16/2013, 12:16 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Well.....it's better than Blaine's other Beatles songs? That's something, right?

Right? Laughing
That's setting an awfully low bar.

It's so... empty. I don't know if it's the arrangement or the instrumentation (which doesn't help) but they just stripped away all the soul from the song. There's no urgency to the song that I always associated with how the Beatles performed it. No sense of desperation. It's just... I'll use the word ernest. It's a C- version of the song. A passing grade, but barely.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 13 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  AnneNeville 9/16/2013, 12:18 pm

Tip for Glee PR: If you are going to run a promotion and put out multiple spoilers, make sure they are of decent quality. Otherwise, it's best to keep your level of suck under wraps. That way, maybe people will watch the episodes because they don't know any better.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/16/2013, 12:20 pm

arina wrote:I think my favorite Glee cover of Beatles will stay I wanna hold your hand.
I think it is mine too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/16/2013, 12:22 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Well.....it's better than Blaine's other Beatles songs? That's something, right?

Right? Laughing
That's setting an awfully low bar.
I think that was the intent, lol. fanny2

With Lea not sounding good on AHDN I'm starting to fear the Hummelberry duet now..... unsure
But I'm pretty sure 'Let It Be' will be good, so we've got that to look forward too (not that the preview will show us Chris singing dryy  ).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/16/2013, 12:28 pm

I am not big fan even of the original version of Hummelberry duet so really the only reason while I am lookng forward to that is that Chris is there...

I was looking forward the most to You've got to hide your love away and I am kinda surprised how rather lifeless it sounds although I love Kevins singing.

Last edited by arina on 9/16/2013, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/16/2013, 12:30 pm

I like Naya's and Lea's harmonizing in "Hard Days Night" and I suspect Naya is better suited for this type of Beatles song. Having said that, while I don't think Lea's voice type fits the song all that comfortably she sounds alive and animated so I'm curious how the whole song will sound.

I think in the snips so far Kevin sounds the best but he has such an interesting pop voice to begin with.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/16/2013, 12:37 pm

I think Beatles tribute was perfect opportunity for Artie and Kurt duet.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/16/2013, 12:40 pm

^Don't rub salt in the wound. crycry 

Now that Cory is gone so there'll be no Furt duet, all I can still hope for is a Kartie duet.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/16/2013, 12:40 pm

arina wrote:I think Beatles tribute was perfect opportunity for Artie and Kurt duet.
Which is WHY it will never happen.

Having Kurt and Finn be brothers was the perfect occasion for a Furt one but they eff'd it up. Did we ever have a Kurt/Santana (SANS Rachel) duet?

In fact, who Kurt really duetted with? Finn with AHINAH, Mercedes in 4 minutes, Rachel, and....?

ETA: apart from you know who, obviously.

Last edited by coxfire on 9/16/2013, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/16/2013, 12:41 pm

coxfire wrote:
arina wrote:I think Beatles tribute was perfect opportunity for Artie and Kurt duet.
Which is WHY it will never happen.

Having Kurt and Finn be brothers was the perfect occasion for a Furt one but they eff'd it up. Did we ever have a Kurt/Santana (SANS Rachel) duet?

In fact, who Kurt really duetted with? Finn with AHINAH, Mercedes in 4 minutes, Rachel, and....?
Well since season 2 who dueted only with Blaine and Rachel and Blaine...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/16/2013, 12:43 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:^ you should join my thought-of drinking game. We all should set a time and interact via Tumblr. Probably would be a fun experience whis
It almost makes me want to watch. Almost.
I predict I'll watch 5 minutes and happily switch to the Kurt edit. But first I need to know the outcome of that episode in terms of Klaine. I don't need any bad surprises.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/16/2013, 12:47 pm

Okay, I am listening:

Here comes the sun: like it. It is a nice duet

Drive my car: oookay. Is that Kevin? Not my favorite solo of his

You've got to hide....:  oookay, once again, it sounds nice enough. But I guess it actually has potential

Klaine duet: Chris sounds great from the very little we hear. Blaine... that is really, really bad. And I say that it is this case unbiased.

Pepper: blinkk 

Hard day's night: Is this the one Rachel tries to convince a BW director to hire her? Yeah, of course. It is really not Lea's style of music. I'd love them to acknowledge that Lea really cannot sing everything and she is still remains talented.

Help: Seriously, whoever is responsible for this episode music wise needs to be fired.

Last edited by Lottie2303 on 9/16/2013, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/16/2013, 12:48 pm

Unfortunately for Glee, we already have two amazing examples of what a great singer can do with a Beatles song that whatever is performed in the next two episodes will be compared to and found utterly lacking. These are just watered down copies of the original songs.

AnneNeville wrote:Tip for Glee PR: If you are going to run a promotion and put out multiple spoilers, make sure they are of decent quality. Otherwise, it's best to keep your level of suck under wraps. That way, maybe people will watch the episodes because they don't know any better.
THIS!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/16/2013, 12:51 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Don't rub salt in the wound. crycry 

Now that Cory is gone so there'll be no Furt duet, all I can still hope for is a Kartie duet.
But there are two Kartie duets in the first episode just not the pairing we want. The Kitty/Artie shippers stole our ship name for Kurt and Artie. :angry: 
After 4 years of waiting I have that Chris and Kevin will ever have a duet.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/16/2013, 12:56 pm

Okay, I just listend to Help! and errrrr...no. Just hearing it I can see Greasy McSmugface overacting with his triangle eyebrows and contorted face, and I want to punch a mental image. He's so lucky he's got back-up, there... And this is the best Blarren song? OK, I don't even want hear the rest, my ears will bleed.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/16/2013, 1:00 pm

I actually like Kitty and Artie. It is the only think I am actually looking forward to (next to seeing Chris on screen obviously).

This entire Twitter campaign remains a disaster. I am still amused that they ask all fans worldwide to tweet, when we are not allowed to actually legally watch the episode! They are basically allowing and acknowledging illegal streams and downloads. blinkk 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/16/2013, 1:09 pm

@Lottie, they're SO desperate for promotion, that they don't even care about legally issues Razz  sadly isn't working as they expected. lol

I want to listen to the songs, but I've to go out! Yeah, sometimes I'm a big masochist.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/16/2013, 1:12 pm

I Saw Her Standing There.
Oh for F*s sake: guess who's singing the most in this preview? smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/16/2013, 1:20 pm

I usually like Darren's voice if ge gets the right songs. I think he has a nice pop voice for instance I actually really life Teenage Dream (both versions). But each Beatles covers get worse with each release. I mean, even Darren fans acknowledge something doesn't sound right.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/16/2013, 1:24 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I Saw Her Standing There.

Oh for F*s sake: guess who's singing most in this preview? smajli
"HER" Who's is lucky the girl? I was under the wrong impression that Blaine is gay. But who cares, plot and logic mean nothing when Blaine has to sing his 10th solo for the episode.

Soon they will celebrate Darren's 600th performance instead of Glee's.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/16/2013, 1:33 pm

It's official.  Glee has butchered one of my favorite Beatles songs.  I Saw Her Standing There is completely boring and basic.  There is absolutely no energy, or emotion in this clip.    

These songs are so overproduced they sound fake.  

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed in the Anders brothers thus far on what we heard for Beatles songs.  Each one is worse than the one before it.  

And whoever thought that Darren could pull off singing Beatles songs should be fired.  Or have their hearing checked. They need to keep Darren within his comfort zone or the songs sound horrible.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/16/2013, 1:34 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I usually like Darren's voice if ge gets the right songs. I think he has a nice pop voice for instance I actually really life Teenage Dream (both versions). But each Beatles covers get worse with each release. I mean, even Darren fans acknowledge something doesn't sound right.
Link?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/16/2013, 1:36 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I usually like Darren's voice if ge gets the right songs. I think he has a nice pop voice for instance I actually really life Teenage Dream (both versions). But each Beatles covers get worse with each release. I mean, even Darren fans acknowledge something doesn't sound right.
Link?
Comments on Tumblr since the the first single was released. Don't know who exactly, but I saw a quite a bit on my dash.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/16/2013, 1:38 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Link?
Comments on Tumblr since the the first single was released. Don't know who exactly, but I saw a quite a bit on my dash.
I don't think I follow any out-and-out Darren fans.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/16/2013, 1:38 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next