Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Post  Buenos on 8/21/2013, 8:45 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:Well I'm focusing more that it's a NY character, and it's all good if they are genuinely trying to beef up that narrative.

A bunch of 20 something people (the actor auditioning) in the theatrical world is the vibe I'm getting.  And yes, it looks like Rachel did not get "Funny Girl."

But happy for NY characters, less chance of 5 minute cameos...Razz 
What makes you think she didn't get it? ::curious:: I missed something, didn't I?
The character Henry after Rachel leaves the audition, when asked for his input,  comments on how she's too young and green.

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 15

Post  Ranwing on 8/21/2013, 8:49 pm

I don't think there is any clear spoiler one way or the other, but if this scene is for real it gives them a very clear and realistic out that doesn't hinge on Rachel being outperformed by another auditioner. Experience matters and for all her talent, Rachel still is someone who's never acted professionally in any capacity. Per canon, she never got any of the community theater parts she auditioned for so her total experience in performing a musical theater production was WSS in high school. For all her training, she just doesn't have the kind of resume that would make most producers happy to risk millions in investments on an unknown talent.

I can see Rachel trying to dispute that her inexperience should be a factor in whether she gets the part or not, but the impression that I'm getting from that very brief bit of dialogue is that it may not work. Just because Rachel calls herself a star and a professional doesn't make it so. She's still just a theater student. A highly talented and ambitious one, but still just a student.

Ranwing
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/21/2013, 8:51 pm

Buenos wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:Well I'm focusing more that it's a NY character, and it's all good if they are genuinely trying to beef up that narrative.

A bunch of 20 something people (the actor auditioning) in the theatrical world is the vibe I'm getting.  And yes, it looks like Rachel did not get "Funny Girl."

What makes you think she didn't get it? ::curious:: I missed something, didn't I?
The character Henry after Rachel leaves the audition, when asked for his input,  comments on how she's too young and green.
That sucks for Rachel, but you know what? If that's true and she didn't make it, I won't complain. Sometimes characters need to be hit with an anvil called "Reality" in order to get back on track, and Rachel's always been a dreamer. This, along with Finn's death, I think will humble her quite a bit, which in the long run is good for her character. She'll be the same one-track minded Rachel Berry we all know and love, but more mature.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)

ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/21/2013, 8:55 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Buenos wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

That sucks for Rachel, but you know what? If that's true and she didn't make it, I won't complain. Sometimes characters need to be hit with an anvil called "Reality" in order to get back on track, and Rachel's always been a dreamer. This, along with Finn's death, I think will humble her quite a bit, which in the long run is good for her character. She'll be the same one-track minded Rachel Berry we all know and love, but more mature.
I agree, like you, I'm glad her inexperience is an issue.

BTW, looks like Lea wants to go on acting full time on Glee, if that is what Lea really wants I am thrilled for her and the character of Rachel.

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/21/2013, 9:06 pm

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals on 8/21/2013, 9:19 pm

Buenos wrote:I actually like that "Get Back" is not the expected Hummelberry duet. It is different and not what I would have chose based upon previous songs.
Oh, wow. I'm excited for this. Chris and Lea have been phenomenal on everything they've sung together so far, but most of that has been show tunes. I'm curious as to how they will sound together on this one.

opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/21/2013, 9:34 pm

Buenos wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:

Oh, it was in the tape. I was watching TV with hubby, so I couldn't play it. unsure 

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 8/21/2013, 9:41 pm

These are just my usual thoughts. neutre 

I am guessing Blaine is pulling out all the stops in episode one to get Kurt back.

If Kurt is back in NYC episode two, then Kurt is most probably still friend zoning Blaine.

I love that we are getting Hummelberry, and Kurt is on three songs. Smile 

"Let It Be" is one of favourites, and I like the choice of voices. Smile wub 

I am guessing the "Carrie treatment" will be just a giant slushie, and not pigs blood. Wink 

Stoner Brett winning Prom King. Razz 

Love it.

"Get Back" is also another of my favourites. wub 

"Hey Jude" bitterly disappointed, but maybe it might sound okay.

I don't mind Chord's singing, and "Something" is not a song I remember.

"Revolution" I think Jenna will sound great on. neutre 

Though again I would have liked it to have gone to Kurt.

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/21/2013, 10:01 pm

So . . . chances just went up that it was all a big tease after all, and Klaine is going nowhere in particular . . . yet?

Oh, and the suddenly appearing Klaine kiss spoiler, @gleecrisscolfer? The account on twitter now shows as an internal server error. So, either twitter is down, or the account vanished as fast as it appeared...

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/21/2013, 10:04 pm

Well it looks to me as if Kurt is in NYC by Episode 2, which is great with me. "Let it be" I'm guessing is a split screen song, with Kurt, Rachel and Santana in NYC And Artie and Tina in Lima.

The guest stars, (Demi and Adam) the Henry character, the NY sets, the Diner set being built, plus all the NY characters getting songs (Rachel-4, Kurt-3, Santana-3) much more than last year after the first 2 episodes....things are definitely looking up.

When Chris said in an interview that Kurt was maybe joining a band maybe he wasn't kidding. Razz 

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 8/21/2013, 10:09 pm

AnneNeville wrote:So . . . chances just went up that it was all a big tease after all, and Klaine is going nowhere in particular . . . yet?

Oh, and the suddenly appearing Klaine kiss spoiler, @gleecrisscolfer? The account on twitter now shows as an internal server error. So, either twitter is down, or the account vanished as fast as it appeared...
I could be completely wrong entirely, but maybe just maybe Adam is back in episode three. unsure 

But I would laugh that all Blaine's grand gestures turn into failure. Smile

I feel more comfortable with Kurt back in NYC, if that is what happens.

It might be a bit easier for Lea doing the tribute episode if she has scenes with Chris. 

I would love it if they did a Hummelberry duet for the tribute episode. I hope they do.

As well as a Kurt solo.

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville on 8/21/2013, 10:25 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:So . . . chances just went up that it was all a big tease after all, and Klaine is going nowhere in particular . . . yet?

I could be completely wrong entirely, but maybe just maybe Adam is back in episode three. unsure 

It might be a bit easier for Lea doing the tribute episode if she has scenes with Chris. 

I would love it if they did a Hummelberry duet for the tribute episode. I hope they do.

As well as a Kurt solo.
I find it hard to believe that they'd send Kurt back to NYC in episode two, when the tribute is in episode 3? I'd assume that they'd be returning to Lima for that anyway--so why hop back and forth like that?

Wait . . . logic . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 8/21/2013, 10:30 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

As well as a Kurt solo.
Honestly, I think the only ones who should sing in the tribute are the originals and Chord.
Lea and Chris should definitely get solos because Finn was in love with Rachel, and Kurt is his stepbrother.
Mercedes seems to be getting a solo or atleast singing something, so no complaints about that.
I also think Puck should sing something too, since he was Finn's best friend.
Then, there needs to be a group song with everyone, but mainly focusing on the originals.  I don't mind the noobs being there because Finn was technically their teacher for a while, but I don't think any of them should get solos.What would make this group song amazing and really heartstring pulling is if it wasn't pre-recorded in the studio. If it was sing live and off-key and acapella (without any random band dudes), it would seem that much more realistic and heartbreaking.
Honestly, I don't want this tribute cluttered up with songs at all. It just takes up way too much time, and I want to them to focus on everyone's reactions, how they're mourning, the funeral, the important stuff.
I think they should have maybe 5 songs at the most, which in season 1 would've been a lot, but recently, the average is like 7, and I don't want that many. It's just too distracting.
I also want to see a Hudmel scene, or several. And also, some Kurt/Rachel scenes as well.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)

ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 8/21/2013, 10:37 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

As well as a Kurt solo.
I find it hard to believe that they'd send Kurt back to NYC in episode two, when the tribute is in episode 3? I'd assume that they'd be returning to Lima for that anyway--so why hop back and forth like that?

Wait . . . logic . . .
But it's a TV show. They don't have to actually hop back and forth. The sets are only a few steps apart Wink

I would rather have Kurt with Rachel and Santana than in Lima, even if it means another imaginary flight for him (Kurt will be racking up those frequent flyer miles).

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 8/21/2013, 11:19 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

As well as a Kurt solo.

Wait . . . logic . . .
But it's a TV show.  They don't have to actually hop back and forth.  The sets are only a few steps apart Wink

I would rather have Kurt with Rachel and Santana than in Lima, even if it means another imaginary flight for him (Kurt will be racking up those frequent flyer miles).
Why can't they just have Burt turn up in New York?

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top