Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 14 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  arina 9/16/2013, 1:41 pm

Now I am worried to listen to it.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 14 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Lottie2303 9/16/2013, 1:42 pm

I have to be fair and square... that sounds horrendous. WTF! blinkk 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/16/2013, 1:44 pm

Hard to tell too much but I do like what I hear of Chris's lower range.  Razz

However "Get Back" IMO should be growly, gritty rockish, I think they tapered it down because Lea really can't do gritty. Chris can, who can forget his getting down for his part in MJ "Black and White"?

Last edited by Buenos on 9/16/2013, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/16/2013, 1:45 pm

I have not yet listen to any of the songs. Not sure when or even if I will.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/16/2013, 1:46 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I have to be fair and square... that sounds horrendous. WTF! blinkk 
Is that the last Kurt song? I'm worried now. No I want some of Chris's songs to be good not just for me, but so they sell and so Glee gives Kurt more songs in the future.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/16/2013, 1:50 pm

I'll give Get Back an inconclusive because the snippet the chose was odd. Rachel definitely overpowers Kurt on the harmonizing, but I like Chris in the lower register. Lea does sound better on this than she did on Hard Day's Night, though.

I still think this was an odd choice for a Hummelberry duet, and I think this may wind up being the worst Hummelberry duet ever (though Chris could save it if he has any sizable solo singing). I don't hate it, but I don't love it based on this snippet.

I think that Lea will sound better on Let it Be and Yesterday than she does on these more peppy Beatles songs.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 9/16/2013, 1:50 pm

sheny wrote:Another DC solo duet

Help (Glee Cast Version) [Snippet]
OMG, that was HORRIBLE! I mean wash-my-brain-out-with-listerine HORRIBLE! What were RIB thinking when they let DC anywhere near the Beatles? They're not going to be able to show their faces in public after this episode airs
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/16/2013, 1:50 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I have to be fair and square... that sounds horrendous. WTF! blinkk 
Is that the last Kurt song? I'm worried now. No I want some of Chris's songs to be good not just for me, but so they sell and so Glee gives Kurt more songs in the future.
He has two lines in "Let it be".

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/16/2013, 1:51 pm

sheny wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
He has two lines in "Let it be".
Not that we'll get to hear them today.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/16/2013, 1:53 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:Well Glee is guaranteed a two year renewal.  IF the ratings falter they would probably change their time slot.
No, they aren't guaranteed a two year renewal. The network can pay a penalty and cancel the show, almost certainly.
agree. it's a matter of numbers. if glee's rating drops too much its advertising income would suffer. when the loss is big enough it would be smart to pay out penalty then continue to pay for a bleeding show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/16/2013, 1:54 pm

arina wrote:
You should be. That was... just wrong.

I'm sorry, but Lea cannot sing rock. She just can't. It's not in her wheelhouse and each attempt just comes across as forced. And those wails of her just sounded like I stepped on a cocker spaniel's tail
What I could hear of Chris (when he wasn't being drowned out by another banshee) was better. And the arrangment was awful. Just a piano and no guitar of drums so it loses all of its characters.

I am really angry at what the show did to these songs. badday
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/16/2013, 1:56 pm

Of course the one singer who has a track record acing a Beatles Ballad "IWTHYH" and "Blackbird" doesn't get one for the tribute. I still can't get over Chord getting "Something" , nothing against Chord but he's just not a very strong vocalist. and to give him that ballad.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/16/2013, 1:58 pm

Ranwing wrote: 
arina wrote:

I'm sorry, but Lea cannot sing rock. She just can't. It's not in her wheelhouse and each attempt just comes across as forced. And those wails of her just sounded like I stepped on a cocker spaniel's tail
What I could hear of Chris (when he wasn't being drowned out by another banshee) was better. And the arrangment was awful. Just a piano and no guitar of drums so it loses all of its characters.

Granted it's nor her strength those type of songs, but I don't think it's so much Lea as the arrangement. It's too tame and Karokee for "Get Back".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/16/2013, 2:09 pm

It is really Lea who doesn't suit the song at all. They really need to stop trying to use her voice for songs that don't suit her. Same with Darren. But even though it hurts me to say it, from the bit we have heart this sounds like one of the worst Kurt duets on the show. At least we get lower key Chris... I try to see the positives. I cannot believe they didn't give Chris a ballad, he would have killed it. This is just bad. This really exceeds all expectations how bad Glee actually can be.

Those two episodes are a sheer disaster of epic proportions. On top with all this stupid storylines (Rachel getting a 'second' chance, the 'engagement'), I sincerely start to think FOX is in for a very bad surprise. This can only hurt Glee even more.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/16/2013, 2:09 pm

Ranwing wrote: 
arina wrote:

Basically. Wow, that was really bad. The only good part was Chris' low register, but with such a lackluster arrangement and Lea drowning him out even he sounds wrong.  Lea's wailing at the end is just horrible.

They made all the wrong choices with the Beatles songs, unbelievable. blinkk
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/16/2013, 2:13 pm

Oh, I fully blame the arrangement for the infinate level of suck that song has achieved. But Lea didn't help matters much.

Wish I knew the context for that performance. Maybe a Callbacks performance (Kurt trying to cheer Rachel up over her failed audition and she's providing moral support following Blaine's idiot proposal). And maybe the song will be somewhat better in its entirety. I don't know...

This is really amazing that there isn't one really great rendition in this whole lot. And I'm shuddering at the thought of what Chord is going to do to "Something".

We've been complaining for so long that the show has sacrificed good storytelling in favor of umpteen musical numbers, and now the music totally sucks ass as well.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/16/2013, 2:14 pm

Just have to say that as a serious Beatles fan, I am seriously pissed off. sayian
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/16/2013, 2:17 pm

I am totally in shock. I am really, really and truly and entirely shocked. I cannot believe this sheer amount of catastrophes they released today. I really, really cannot believe it blinkk beam saispa 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/16/2013, 2:17 pm

Ranwing wrote:Just have to say that as a serious Beatles fan, I am seriously pissed off. sayian
LOVE the smiley.

I don't think today is going to persuade on-the-fence fans to watch.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/16/2013, 2:18 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I am totally in shock. I am really, really and truly and entirely shocked. I cannot believe this sheer amount of catastrophes they released today. I really, really cannot believe it blinkk beam saispa 
Was *anything* really good?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 9/16/2013, 2:19 pm

Ranwing wrote:Just have to say that as a serious Beatles fan, I am seriously pissed off. sayian
You're not the only one. I fear Chord on Something, almost as much as I dread Blam on Hey Jude. I think I might cry tears of despair when that one comes out.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/16/2013, 2:24 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I am totally in shock. I am really, really and truly and entirely shocked. I cannot believe this sheer amount of catastrophes they released today. I really, really cannot believe it blinkk beam saispa 
Was *anything* really good?
The Santana/Dani duet sounded nice. And I guess the Kitty/Artie duet has potential. I also believe Kurt's part in the Klaine duet will sound good. But everything else...

BTW, did I miss the spoilers that "Hey Jude" is a Blam duet?! WTF?! Today gets even worse blinkk 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/16/2013, 2:24 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:
You're not the only one. I fear Chord on Something, almost as much as I dread Blam on Hey Jude. I think I might cry tears of despair when that one comes out.
Urgh... forgot about that one. I guess that they're saving the "best" for last. vomir

These episodes are going to be disasters in the most epic way possible. An overload of music so that there's absolutely no time to actually tell the stories properly (like actually giving Kurt a POV in his own relationships) and then the music stinks.

Last edited by Ranwing on 9/16/2013, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/16/2013, 2:26 pm

Last edited by sheny on 9/16/2013, 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/16/2013, 2:27 pm

sheny wrote:Something Preview

Sleep 
Oh good... now have something to help when my Ambien doesn't kick in. sleepp
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next