Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19

+28
sjonnepon
arina
Divalicious
SippyCupofLuv
mindschemez
Georgette888
opals
tanita_mors
Delight
ColdFlame96
bayth
ColferInspired
brisallie
angelnessa
fantastica
AnneNeville
Ranwing
Vir Cotto
Glorfindel
coxfire
Jellyrolls
Ireth
sheny
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Kurt addict
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
32 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 Empty Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/19/2013, 12:33 am

fantastica wrote:"pulling the plug" or "end the show" - what's the difference to you and I? none. however they end it i don't care. it's the end that matters. Smile 
Agree. And Hopefully, before a Klaine  wedding.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19

Post  Buenos 11/19/2013, 12:36 am

The show has an end date already. AT the most most 22 episodes of a season 6. At the least....????
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 Empty Nyada

Post  Kurt addict 11/19/2013, 3:37 am

I really am not happy, and I said this on the glee forum and nearly got lynched, but why should Blaine get into that school so easily when Kurt had to struggle to get in? It's just wrong and it's putting Kurt down yet again, so obvious that Blaine will be offered a place, cause he's so talented! Hang on Kurt is more then talented he's unique and his vocal range is phenomenal, he is not your take it or leave it voice!dryy 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19

Post  Lottie2303 11/19/2013, 3:52 am

Kurt addict wrote:I really am not happy, and I said this on the glee forum and nearly got lynched, but why should Blaine get into that school so easily when Kurt had to struggle to get in? It's just wrong and it's putting Kurt down yet again, so obvious that Blaine will be offered a place, cause he's so talented! Hang on Kurt is more then talented he's unique and his vocal range is phenomenal, he is not your take it or leave it voice!dryy 
Welcome to the forum. There is this great post on tumblr:

NAYADA accepted:
- Rachel Berry who chocked at her audition and stalked Carmen
- Brody, who had the vocal range of a mediocre AI participant
- This random girl singing 'Ave Maria' who got kicked out immediately.

NYADA rejected:
- Jesse StJames
- Elliott Gilbert
- Kurt Hummel, who absolutely nailed his audition and got the highest praise from Carmen (which resulted in that he puts on an act blinkk )

Blaine getting accepted fits canon in the sense that NYADA is not prestigious, but only likes to accept pretty faces without any depth. badday 

I am still so mad about all spoilers. I cannot believe Blaine gets the first solo at the dinner. I cannot believe he has a real chance to get him in NYADA. I hate how Kurt literally gets destroyed in order to prop him up for Blaine. I hate that RIB treat us like idiots by rewriting last year canon, expecting us to accept that nonsense. Also, why do we need an X-Mas episode anyway? It is just useless.

Thinking about it, this should be S&B... Too many spoilers, ces't la vie.

P.S. I also hope Glee gets cancelled after this season and I only predict the viewer numbers will only continue falling. I hope the next epsiode will be an utter disaster by people switching off during the episode because they get sick of Blaine antifana
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/19/2013, 4:28 am

I'm going to go out on a limb here.

Kurt struggling to finally have a slot at NYADA, while stretched out and painful SL, made his final entrance that much more satisfying to me.   He earned it and it was such an emotional release when he finally got in.

I can't worry if Blaine gets an easy pass into NYADA, because how would that be memorable or quite frankly, half as interesting?

It doesn't distract from Kurt's triumph, it doesn't minimize it in my eyes, it's a different journey that's all.   A less interesting journey to me but mileage varies.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/19/2013, 4:39 am

I suppose most of us just feel it's so unfair that Glee has created a character that is basically treated as a teen jesus, when in reality that would not be the case. Only few characters in the show get treated with realistical storylines and others don't. It's just becoming too f***ing glaring when two of the different ends of spectrum are thrown together in the way of Kurt and Blaine.

Like I said in my previous post, I still don't give shit about Blaine, never have, but because his development has yet again been planned to be tied with Kurt's it makes me nauseous.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/19/2013, 4:43 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I suppose most of us just feel it's so unfair that Glee has created a character that is basically treated as a teen jesus, when in reality that would not be the case. Only few characters in the show get treated with realistical storylines and others don't. It's just becoming too f***ing glaring when two of the different ends of spectrum are thrown together in the way of Kurt and Blaine.

Like I said in my previous post, I still don't give shit about Blaine, never have, but because his development has yet again been planned to be tied with Kurt's it makes me nauseous.
I hear you.  But I ask you, who even now are the most interesting and fleshed out characters on Glee?  

Not everyone agees, but I would venture Kurt, Santana and yes, even that special snowflake Rachel Berry.   Nobody else come close.   So I understand why Kurt seems to fall short compared to Blaine at times, but in reality I think he's even now the most varied and layered character.

I will bitch about Chris lack of screentime as much as anyone I grant you, but I don't bitch anymore about how other characters have it "easier" then him because alot of times to me that is just boring.  

TBH, while I loved "Vogue" to me would have been more interesting if Kurt would have struggled more there, not Season 3 level of struggle, but struggling in a comic fish out of water way.

Even now Kurt trying to find his balance in life, how much can he be main stream success versus specific performer, is he boring, is he getting too settled, it's so interesting because he's such a nuanced character.   I honestly feel alot of stans are scared shitless if the Narratives become one because inevitably one character is going to stand out over another in SL's together, and I don't worry that it's not Kurt.  Laughing
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/19/2013, 5:00 am

I know, but based on what Glee has given us Blaine WILL diminish Kurt's story, no matter how poignant Kurt's personal storylines were. Unless they somehow diverge from previous behaviour. Now especially when they have to "introduce" Blam to NY they will get everything. All of this is my pessimistic speculation BTW. Wink

Yes I'm petty that way. For once I want Hummelpezberry to get 30-35 minutes of the show, but we have and probably will not get that. And because I also believe the writers know Chris will always make Kurt more interesting than Darren makes Blaine (based on comments I'd also get lynched somewhere, Hi Kurt addict! By the way!) they will "help" by giving the character everything bigger, better and faster as it seems to fool some of the Blaine fans.

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/19/2013, 5:17 am

In case Kurt and Blaine would have equal screentime, development and would be used by RIB accordingly with interessting SL's, I wouldn't complain about Blaine. I am not a Brit fan, but I never really way that bothered when she got focus. Usually I didn't really like her arcs, got annoyed easily, but accepted it is an ensemble and I don't want Kurt to have the entire spotlight. So I can still enjoy and also ignore those episode without whining why Kurt was the second fiddle during the SL.

With Kurt and Blaine everything is just unequal. It bothers me that RIB are telling us Blaine is the superior, more acceptable version of Kurt. That Blaine is the "proper" version in how-to-be-gay. That is demeaning and probably will hurt those who identify with Kurt. All that is happening once again with Blaine probably getting into NYADA without a stretch. By also giving Blaine zero character flaws and pretending through the characters that he is special and extraordinary, it doesn't improve my opinion. valkeakuulas is right, with Kurt and Blaine we have two different spectrum and are supposed to just accept it, without voicing our legitimate complains. I don't even mind Kurt losing or failing in certain aspects of life, as that is realistic, but I mind that everytime Blaine picks up the pieces and shows us how amazing he is by succeeding.

Also once again it is noticeable that Blaine gets those moments, that should be reversed to the NYC-trio. One of those three should have had the first solo at the dinner and not Blaine. The fact that currently the entire SL, let it be McL or NYC, is constructed around Blaine just gets too noticeable and cannot be ignored anymore. Especially because Darren is a weak actor and he cannot carry the show. He just can't.

Kurt and those closest around him (i.e. Burt) suffer and are partly character assassinated just to make Blaine and Klaine work. I get FOX is dead set on Klaine, but at least give me proper arguments and not just "they are endgame".

RIB truly believe the fans just prefer NYC and they can add any random character in the settings and people will love those. They will get Blaine to NYC, give him all those great scenes that were neglected for the other three characters (i.e. first night out, just moving in, walking through the city...), and expect the audience will love him again. It is not about NYC. Yes, the setting provides great potential, but it is about the trio who are the superior actors and can sell a scene by just eating a cookie. All three of them, not just Kurt/Chris, get majorly neglected and dismissed even though they are currently saving the last bit of Glee that is still enjoyable. I doubt the GA watches for Blaine. RIB are digging their own graves and they don't even seem to realize it.

I know this is actually SB and I am sorry for hijacking the thread. Maybe we should open a SB-Spoiler thread? We are in desperate need of one.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/19/2013, 5:23 am

Lottie, I will be the first to admit that bitching about Kurt's lack of screen time is legitimate. It's a genuine and chronic concern on Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/19/2013, 5:37 am

Maybe Blaine and Sam in NYC wouldn't be so bad if they separated those two idiots forever. They are extremely annoying and boring together. I wouldn't mind storylines with just Kurt and Sam, Kurtana or even Klaine. Maybe scenes with Santana and Blaine, where she is making fun of his gelmet and grandpa clothes. Just no Blam or Blaine/Rachel, I hate those pairings.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 11/19/2013, 7:09 am

So this Christmas episode occurs in the weeks before last year's Christmas episode, so there's no conflict? Or they happen at the same time, in which case it is AU? blinkk 

Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/19/2013, 7:38 am

Kurt addict wrote:I really am not happy, and I said this on the glee forum and nearly got lynched, but why should Blaine get into that school so easily when Kurt had to struggle to get in? It's just wrong and it's putting Kurt down yet again, so obvious that Blaine will be offered a place, cause he's so talented! Hang on Kurt is more then talented he's unique and his vocal range is phenomenal, he is not your take it or leave it voice!dryy 
Welcome, Kurt addict. Most of us have been there withe the Glee forum.

Of course the perfect cupcake will have no trouble getting into NYADA. He is adored by all. They can't ever let him fail at anything. And people wonder why so many can't stand him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/19/2013, 7:57 am

Hitchcock's tweet managed to piss me off to a point I had never reached. RM already did that last season when fans pointed out that ND should have been eliminated from all competition, even with the Warblers were disqualified, and he treated people with so much contempt I thought it was only him. But no, they do it again.

I don't have a Twitter account but I'm tempted to create one just to tweet RIB all the "good" I think of them and their despicable attitude towards the audience.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/19/2013, 9:31 am

First of all I'd like to say that I promised yesterday to listen to the songs and comment on them after I finished my work (in the evening), but when I was done working I was already tired, and then I saw the new spoilers and the Hitchcock tweet and I just.....deflated. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 Smiley_sadThis is sucking the life out of me.
I really needed to step away for a little while, to get enough energy back to even respond to all the bullshit that Glee is nowadays.

I'll get to the songs in another post, but I wanted to comment on some other things first:

coxfire wrote:Kurt singing "You never let me down before" was probably the worst. Yeah right.
Yes, it really was the worst. brikwol 
TBH: I think the writers want everyone to forget that Blaine ever cheated on Kurt, and this is one of their ways to enable that and falsely/seemingly retcon canon.

I'm 100% sure the cheating will never be touched upon again on Glee, unless Ryan gets bored and/or pissed off and breaks Klaine up again, but I'm also pretty sure that if that happens next time it will be Kurt's fault.

Jellyrolls wrote:But this year, I think his voice is in great decline.  He seems to be struggling more, especially when he has to do belting/screeching (like here on Piano Man and also GTGYIML).  His voice has taken a beaten (probably in large part do to his tour this summer).  Some of his songs this year have been painful to listen to (Hey Jude was dreadful--though his stans claim it was his best performance ever, really all of his Beatles songs were pretty bad, and Piano Man is a mess).

As I said, I think he sounds OK on Just The Way You Are because he is not oversinging--trying to outdo everyone else or screeching.

ETA:  And please note, I'm not saying all this to be snarky.  I am shocked by the amount of damage done to his voice in the past couple of years, and if he doesn't start taking care of his voice, his singing career will be over before he turns 30.  I have friends who are Broadway actors and piano players at dueling piano bars, and I know the toll singing does on their voices night after night.  They take care of their voices--don't talk too much before or after the show, drink lots of tea and water, get adequate rest.  Darren may want to stop going to every red carpet event he gets invited to, and spend more time resting and taking care of his voice if he wants a prolonged singing career.
You're right: Darren's voice is damaged. It's not even a speculation or question anymore. I can clearly hear it. He either has vocal nodules or polyps, or his vocal chords suffer from slight paralysing due to too much pressure and stress.
His vocal range is shrinking too. In 'Piano Man' he can hardly reach the G4 anymore.

It's shocking, actually. No 

AnneNeville wrote:To all here who don't care for Darren's voice: Is there a particular song that stands out in your memory as the moment you realized, "Hey, this guy's pretty limited vocally."?
I noticed it first with 'It's Not Unusual', and because of that song I watched some of his videos taken at the live tour and heard how weak his voice was (how fast it detoriated over the tour and even over the 3 back-to-back songs he sang every concert). And I thought to myself back then that this guy needed to be careful with his voice because it was limited, but his voice still was very smooth and when used smartly very appealing, and I liked it.
But it really sank in when he tried to sing the Tony songs in WSS. That was horrible. Although I was still giving him the benefit of the doubt and blamed the writers for setting Blaine (and Kurt!) up like that (and lbh: whoever picks the song is to blame for a lot of bad Blaine songs, and even partly for the damage done to his voice).

sheny wrote:
"About the doctor!Blaine it was dropped out by the end of the episode so it’s all good my friends he’s back at perfomance and did the NYADA audition"

- Gi from GOB
The pandering and placating of the Blarrenstans is irritating. But I guess Glee can't afford to lose the little audience it still has left.

What angers me the most about this is that (the way this tweet is worded) Blaine had his NYADA audition off screen. How convenient! :angry:
They know darn well that if they had Blaine sing a proper NYADA audition song on Glee it would be far from decent enough to even remotely make believe that his voice is NYADA good.

When Kurt had to fight and fret for an entire season and got disappointed in the end, and then fight again under very stressful circumstances after first being criticized and humiliated again before he was allowed in.
And then they hardly ever showed him at NYADA, when I’m sure that once Blaine is at NYADA too he will have NYADA faculty and students kissing his ass multiple times while Kurt sits on a stool trying to figure out a way to be succesful in his own "unique way".
Aaaargh!!! Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 Ab-bashcomputer

I completely agree with you. Blaine is the specialst of specialst of snowflakes ever, and Kurt is basically his prop and Glee's punching back. It may not be intentional, but they are using Kurt to show the darkness/shade that makes Blaine shine like the brightest sun in the universe.
And it's despicable. rentine

"Previously Unaired Christmas" Press Release

IT’S THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL THAT NEVER WAS (UNTIL NOW) ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, ON FOX

Sue Sylvester introduces the episode as a Christmas special that FOX did not allow to air from last year. The members of New Directions audition for roles in McKinley’s living Nativity Scene. Meanwhile in New York, Rachel, Kurt and Santana work as Santa’s elves at a mall in the all-new “Previously Unaired Christmas” episode of GLEE airing on Thursday, Dec. 5
source
They have really given up, haven't they? They haven't just jumped the shark, they've jumped it, went to the animal shelter to get a kittycat, made the shark love that kittycat, and then came one night in its swimming area to punch the shark in it's face.
pauly
So they will pretend that there was a Christmas episode written, even shot, and then Fox refused it? GTFO.
When everyone knows that they just shoe-horned a Christmas ep in because they screwed up their own timeline, and that these scenes were filmed only a week ago.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 Tumblr_mwhh4isaW51r4ezfzo1_500
Bastards! antifana
They're lying to their own viewers, ignore and/or retcon canon big time, and think we're dumb enough not to notice. What a major disrespect for their audience (I can't even call the viewers 'fans' anymore).
JEEZ!!!  sw022 

Ireth wrote:So this Christmas episode occurs in the weeks before last year's Christmas episode, so there's no conflict? Or they happen at the same time, in which case it is AU? blinkk
Who knows at this point? saispa 
Isn't it ironic (but typical Glee) that we might probably never know which Christmas episode will be canon? notall

What I hate the most about this Christmas episode is that it's either:
- taking place a week or so before the last 2012 Christmas, and that means that:
#1) Rachel hasn't left for the cruise yet,
#2) Santana pops up to visit Hummelberry (of all people) in NY (wtf?),
#3) Kurt will dance around happily as an Elf even though he's stll heartbroken by Blaine and without the knowledge that his dad is probably at the the hospital undergoing tests to determine his cancer at the exact same time. dryy 
Oh, and...
...#4) Finn is still alive, but the Hudmels will not be together on their last Christmas as a whole family because next week Burt feels compelled to drop an anchor on Kurt by bringing him cancer and Blaine, which I really don't need to be reminded of. Mad 

Or:
- It's an AU Christmas, so it will change the canon(?), which means that:
#1) Burt's cancer never happened, so Kurt and his family went through that at the end of season 4 (Sunshine of my life) for absolutely nothing: that development just "poof" disappeared, Shocked 
#2) Santana was already (careful) friends with Hummelberry before she crashed in their apartment a couple of weeks later, which doesn't make any sense at all,
#3) there's a f*cking big chance they'll let Kurt express his remaining love for Blaine and thereby retconning his feelings for Adam and him trying to move on from Blaine. :angry: 
Oh, and...
...#4) Finn is still alive! and we will all be very much aware that he's missing in the McKinley part (and in a lesser degree Brittany also). Evil or Very Mad

It's beyond stupid and ridiculous, and insulting to boot. brikwol 

Buenos wrote:Even now Kurt trying to find his balance in life, how much can he be main stream success versus specific performer, is he boring, is he getting too settled, it's so interesting because he's such a nuanced character.   I honestly feel alot of stans are scared shitless if the Narratives become one because inevitably one character is going to stand out over another in SL's together, and I don't worry that it's not Kurt.  Laughing
Yeah, but they will limit Kurt and Chris to make Darren/Blaine look better. They'll give Blaine all the songs (he'll be in the band too, wanna bet?), all the (NYADA) praise, the most POV in their storylines (and he will be the one in the right according to canon), all the butt close-ups.
They'll brutally limit and sideline Kurt and put him down again to prop up Blaine.

All the talent of Chris Colfer might not be enough to watch that kind of torture and murder of a character I love. Evil or Very Mad 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, at the moment I'm that sad, and angry, and pessimistic about Glee.
I think last night broke me. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 19 Ab-depression
I'm off now to vote a few hundred times more for Chris at the PCAs: maybe that will make me feel better.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 11/19/2013, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 11/19/2013, 12:31 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

Welcome to the forum. There is this great post on tumblr:

NAYADA accepted:
- Rachel Berry who chocked at her audition and stalked Carmen
- Brody, who had the vocal range of a mediocre AI participant
- This random girl singing 'Ave Maria' who got kicked out immediately.

NYADA rejected:
- Jesse StJames
- Elliott Gilbert
- Kurt Hummel, who absolutely nailed his audition and got the highest praise from Carmen (which resulted in that he puts on an act blinkk ):
Brody was obviously sleeping with one or more members of the NYADA faculty, Rachel is a special snowflake and Blaine's daddy is going to back a truck load of cash up to the door to get his precious little gel-prince a spot.

Kurt, Elliot and Jesse were foolish enough to think that talent alone would be enough to get them in to the most "prestigious" school in the country.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/19/2013, 12:55 pm

Let's be honest... they can't show Blaine's NAYDA audition because only the most rabid of Blarren stans would buy for a nanosecond that Blaine deserves to be admitted there. The Kurt detractors still like to insist that Kurt shouldn't have been admitted if Jesse wasn't, but there is no rational way to argue that Blaine's vocal skills and stage presence are not only stronger than Kurt's, but Jesse's and Elliot's as well.

But then, the rational for this school really took a beating. First by admitted Rachel after her choke, then trying to get me to swallow that not only was Brody worthy of being admitted, but that he had multiple Winter Showcase performances.

I think I'm just going to drink my way through the rest of the season since being flat out drunk is likely the only way any of this is going to be tolerable. pijano 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/19/2013, 2:59 pm

Listening to Piano Man. Darren sounds better than I expected . . . but kind of strange, like he's singing entirely in his mouth/head/sinuses and not using his chest or throat. Is that the case?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/19/2013, 3:40 pm

^ i am curious and wanted to listen just for the sake of it, but then i can't do it. it's like i have post traumatic stress syndrom of hearing too many blaine songs/darren faces. i just can't watch/listen. i am avoiding him like a plague.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/19/2013, 4:45 pm

Yeah, but they will limit Kurt and Chris to make Darren/Blaine look better.
Oh I have no doubt that Blaine/Darren will get more songs, but I've never felt the character of Kurt has ever been overshadowed on the Glee, much less in scenes with Blaine.

Maybe I'm looking at it from stan gogles, but I've never worried about Kurt holding his own onscreen even with Rachel and Santana, so to me Blaine is small potatoes.  coool 

Once the McKinley school year comes to an end, all bets are off.  Everyone knows that thus the big stall, but I seriously doubt that NY will be underscored.  I keep going back to the fact that Heather and Chord sang in more episodes last year than Lea, that is directly attributable to the split narrative.   Yea, RIB like certain performers but you can't minimize the McKinley/chorus room set up  "easy writing" part of it. They loved McKinley because it's easy writing. It doesn't work anymore and I doubt once grad happens they can continue it.

Things are going to change, grant you it might not be for the better, but there will be a shakeup.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/19/2013, 6:40 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Listening to Piano Man. Darren sounds better than I expected . . . but kind of strange, like he's singing entirely in his mouth/head/sinuses and not using his chest or throat. Is that the case?
Darren is basically biting his way through the higher notes of that song. His vocal chords are as leak as a rusted cauldron, and he wheezes.
So he indeed only sings with the concentration on his head and mouth, as the chest and throat are partly out of order (not working) and let too much air through and not enough sound. His head and mouth are the only places he has left to give his voice some control (as they are above the throat where the initial sound gets formed).
It's not good. He's damaged his voice. Evil or Very Mad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, my thoughts on the songs of 5x06:

First of all I’d like to say that once again the music tracks themselves are a bit lackluster, although better than the bad karaoke fest of the Beatles songs. Another thing is that these covers only confirm what I discovered in my singing practice a long while ago: that some Billy Joel songs technically may be not that hard, but it’s almost impossible to get the essence of Billy Joel itself, his passion.

Movin’ Out :
Decent rendition, although a bit lifeless, but that’s mostly the music. Darren is okay, but I think that Chord is better in this song, singing with more power. So for a Blam duet this song is not bad. BTW: it was quite hard to tell their 2 voices apart, which makes the song more lifeless because there’s not much diversity and dynamic in e.g. their harmonies.

My Life :
Nice, good vocals, and one of the few songs I can hear true emotion in that comes near Billy Joel, so well done, Jacob. Unfortunately the music is overpowering his singing too much.

An Innocent Man :
Again: nice vocals, I especially like his lower range, as his higher (chest voice) notes lack some depth and sharpness. He’s quite good in switching to high register and back again. The end result unfortunately is a bit bland and generic: to me it sounds as if Blake is mentally/emotionally struggling to ‘get’ this song.

Honesty :
And Kevin proves again what an excellent singer he is. ‘Honesty’ is a technically very challenging song, and Kevin is totally up to the task. IMO this is the best song of the episode, although I also miss a bit of the passion of Billy Joel himself. But good rendition nonetheless.

Piano Man
The lower parts are quite fine, I actually like Darren’s low song-singer voice there a lot (which imo is his strongest suit), but as soon as he starts singing the melody an octave higher it turns bad: it’s simply too high for him, and he has to shout his way through the song. This increase of volume in the (many) high parts takes away from the pensive, reflective intention of the original song, and in that respect I also don’t like the too happy sing-along bar singing at the end. I get why they did it (to emphasis that he is the bar singer) but that still doesn’t mean that I like it. Another negative is the terrible (fake?) mouth organ at the beginning.

You May Be Right :
Matt is great, and so is Kevin. I know there are other singers on this song but I can only distinguish Jacob. TBH: I’d preferred it if it had been just Matt and Kevin, as this is a very interesting duet combination and the rest of them is just a blurr. But all in all a fun rendition, and the singers make it work despite the bit lackluster music track and the generic backup singers.

Just The Way You Are :
Chris is great (wish we’d gotten more from him), Darren is good, Chord is fine too. Surprisingly it’s Lea and Naya who don’t fit in this song. They are both oversinging it, when this is a rather simple song, and Naya’s (lovely but distinct) timbre is sticking out too much. There are some very nice harmonies between all of the singers with a few rare combinations. And not for the first time I wish they would switch and mix the singers on Glee more in e.g. duets. Despite the nice harmony opportunities I think there are too many singers in ‘Just The Way You Are’, and this spins the song too far from its original simplicity.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/19/2013, 6:43 pm

Was this here? unsure 

Lol, despite all her fierceness and  "smizing" Tyra Banks cannot act. moque 

And can I say that I kinda feel sorry for Chord here? He's obviously very conscious of his lips and how Glee ridicules them all the time.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 11/19/2013, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/19/2013, 6:55 pm

After watching the promo: Chord starts to look like Charlie Hunnam, is that where he's/they are going with this new look? Except Hunnam is what 12 years older than Chord and with that stubble he looks even older than him. Razz 

Blam is soon going to look like two grumpy old men, Lemmon and Matthau.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 11/19/2013, 7:06 pm

As per usual chris nails the part of the song he is allowed to sing and from what the anders said on Twitter he rocks the next song he is singing to,

From what Marie said about Darren's voice I think I am grateful that chris has not sung as much because his voice is to precious to damage threw over use, which let's face it Darren's has been,

I liked the song just the way you are, but I also agree that Rachel and naya sounded odd in the song they just sounded wrong, I felt as thoe Rachel was trying to turn the song into a stage song and I am sure at one point the melody seemed strained?

Thank you to everyone for your welcome, it was nice to feel included and not excluded Smile 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/19/2013, 7:12 pm

i am usually a big fan of long haired guys. i find them very SEXY (of course they have to be great looking to begin with for the hair to work). however the long hair is not working for chord. don't know why. i hope he cuts his hair soon.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next