Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

+27
angelnessa
Lottie2303
opals
coxfire
fountain
valkeakuulas
mindschemez
Kurt addict
YaoiChick
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
fantastica
Georgette888
sjonnepon
bayth
Divalicious
ChrisColfersLightning
tanita_mors
brisallie
Jellyrolls
M&M
sheny
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Ranwing
Buenos
Glorfindel
31 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 Empty Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Post  Glorfindel 3/20/2014, 9:04 pm

Buenos wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Buenos wrote:Per the summary I'm not quite sure what Kurt realizes about himself after the incident. Wonder if he get more politically active.
He will probably realize that his life continues to suck, even after high school.  dryy 

Compared to his life in Lima, New York has been very good to Kurt.  He's gotten acceptance on different levels.  Even if he gets bashed, I doubt he'll think his life sucks in New York, just that some things aren't magically solved.

Even in supposedly tolerant, forward thinking environments hate can rear it's head.   Violence, sexism, racism and homophobia are not magically removed from any locale in the world.

What I love about Kurt is he doesn't give in to the negativism around him, he's a man in the true sense of the word.
I'm not so much talking about New York itself, but about Kurt's life in general. And since he moved to New York 1) his boyfriend cheated on him; 2) his dad got cancer; 3) he first got denied a 2nd chance for NYADA and then had to audition under stressful circumstances; 4) he got robbed by Santa; 5) his stepbrother died; 6) his roommates, if they are not insulting him, calling him a traitor or stabbing him in the back, are at each other's throats; and 7) he will now get banged on the head with a brick.
All that within 1 year!   ohmy 
It's not New York that makes Kurt life suck, it's the writers.  Evil or Very Mad   antifana 

The only good things he got in New York is Vogue (of which we saw nothing), finally getting into NYADA (of which we saw nothing), Adam Crawford (who disappeared) and Elliot (who will disappear).
And I can't really call his friendship with Rachel (nor Santana) a positive thing right now, nor his old 'friends' and teacher of glee club, who should have voted for him at the DG diva-off, but who cares about Kurt, right?
Ooooh, but of course, how could I forget: he's engaged now! So he must be the luckiest person in the Glee world!
 badday

And I didn't even list his ealry youth and high school experiences!

I know Kurt is the most amazing and strongest character of Glee, and I'm grateful we got to see that every time his "resilience" got tested again, but in his 19-20 years on earth so far he wasn't really dealt a lucky card by Faith, and they keep giving him new crappy cards over and over again, so the poor guy can never win the game, unless it's a moral victory. Well.....screw that!  :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Post  Glorfindel 3/20/2014, 9:06 pm

I've been waiting for this. It's the youtube version of Chris' interview with Kristin from E!Online.
I don't know about y'all, but I can copy and save youtube videos so I can watch them again whenever I like, so I want to post this here just in case others want to do the same:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Post  Buenos 3/20/2014, 9:28 pm

The only good things he got in New York is Vogue (of which we saw nothing), finally getting into NYADA (of which we saw nothing), Adam Crawford (who disappeared) and Elliot (who will disappear).
And I can't really call his friendship with Rachel (nor Santana) a positive thing right now, nor his old 'friends' and teacher of glee club, who should have voted for him at the DG diva-off, but who cares about Kurt, right?

I think having friendships in NY does count, I think being accepted by others in a tolerant environment does count big as a plus, I think pursuing his dream does count, and I think reconnecting with his ex boyfriend who proposes marriage also counts as plus from Kurt's POV .  I think his father licking cancer also counts as well as gaining confidence  as a performer by forming a band and it's his "baby."  As to the death of Finn, well that affected all the characters.

As to the silly Diva off of DG, I agree with others that Kurt doesn't give a shit about that at all, so i doubt he's miserable and devastated because he wasn't included in the voting.

Kurt is a confident young man in the city who loves his life on balance, I would say. I doubt he would trade that to go back to Lima.

However since I'm more concerned about screen time for Kurt versus extra happy SL's I guess we just have to agree to disagree.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/20/2014, 9:35 pm

I think that it's easy to get frustrated about how Kurt's story has played out when it gets compared to the Magical Fantasy Tales of Special Snowflake Rachel and the Talking Grease Stain.

But I'll be honest... while I want Kurt to get one or two really big wins, I want to see Kurt get good meaty stories because I find them fascinating. I love watching Kurt fighting back against adversity because he is so strong and so dignified and comes out so much more noble in the end. Rachel's story is a complete bore now because she hasn't been allowed to actually have to struggle and fight for her goals. And Darren... they spent over a full season focusing on him and it amounted to absolutely nothing. Kurt has accomplished more of consequence and meaning in his few minutes of screen time than Blaine has in all the hours of crap we were forced to sit through.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/20/2014, 9:41 pm

Ranwing wrote:Kurt has accomplished more of consequence and meaning in his few minutes of screen time

Ranwing,  perfect post.   Even now Kurt is such an iconic character and has resonance with people, and Chris still amazes with his screen time.

I love watching Kurt fighting back against adversity because he is so strong and so dignified and comes out so much more noble in the end.

Yup, there's a reason he gets these stories and it's that he delivers every time.

My own complaint is I wish he had a worth adversary to get snarky with, like in full out snarky.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 3/21/2014, 12:10 am

sjonnepon wrote:
Is the a-plot always mentioned first? But yeah, if it isn't the a-plot i'm going to cut that bitch with you phr34r 

Sounds like Kurt's story might be the C plot!

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2014, 12:42 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 Tumblr_n2rlfjacwF1r4ezfzo1_500

@dreakristina All hail! Made a lovely purchase today from @WorldMcQueen for #glee! #gleecostumes! @ChristannCCD knows what’s up!

Maybe a new outfit for Kurt?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/21/2014, 1:11 am

I don't think with a stripped down cast of 5-6 actors that plots are necessarily A, B or C anymore.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2014, 1:25 am

Buenos wrote:I don't think with a stripped down cast of 5-6 actors that plots are necessarily A, B or C anymore.

I think each character will be a part of each other storylines so they end up interwoven into one. Kurt's story is the shock factor, the one to grab the audience. The other two are like the fluff that will be the build up to Kurt's story.

They don't have a ensemble cast or a split narrative.

So, there is no need for a A, B or C plot anymore.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2014, 5:56 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 147719_1000
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/21/2014, 7:14 am

^^^SQUEEEEE!!!  hola 

It seems that Naya is towing the party-line again:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 Tumblr_n2rq2a56hr1s57bimo1_500
I may be completely off-base here, but to me it sounds like this tweet is a little too sweet to be genuine. Passive agressive much, Naya?  suspectt
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/21/2014, 8:58 am

Filming Spoilers for Friday (3/21/2014)

Glee will be filming one or more scenes at the diner today.  In addition to the diner, they will be filming a scene that includes a nun, Hasidic Jews, and a Sikh in traditional dress (though these individuals will probably just be part of the background).

I can’t confirm this part as fact, so please take it with a grain of salt, but my source also believes there may be another small time jump from mid-winter to spring before episode 5.17.

x

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/21/2014, 9:08 am

sheny wrote:

Glee will be filming one or more scenes at the diner today.  In addition to the diner, they will be filming a scene that includes a nun, Hasidic Jews, and a Sikh in traditional dress (though these individuals will probably just be part of the background).

I can’t confirm this part as fact, so please take it with a grain of salt, but my source also believes there may be another small time jump from mid-winter to spring before episode 5.17.

x

I know I mentioned this before, but are we sure all the noobs were sophmores? I just can't get it out of my head that Glee is trying to have some of them move to NYC by skipping quickly through another school year. Also, Kurt is probably 20 now and Blaine 19. If they are time jumping again, Kurt will be 21 by the end of the season. Finale wedding. Barf!
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2014, 9:45 am

M&M wrote:
sheny wrote:

x

I know I mentioned this before, but are we sure all the noobs were sophmores? I just can't get it out of my head that Glee is trying to have some of them move to NYC by skipping quickly through another school year. Also, Kurt is probably 20 now and Blaine 19. If they are time jumping again, Kurt will be 21 by the end of the season. Finale wedding. Barf!

The noobs have said many times that they are sophomores.

I don't think they are trying to jump through an entire school year, just speeding up to get it back on real time.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/21/2014, 3:36 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^^^SQUEEEEE!!!  hola 

It seems that Naya is towing the party-line again:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 Tumblr_n2rq2a56hr1s57bimo1_500
I may be completely off-base here, but to me it sounds like this tweet is a little too sweet to be genuine. Passive agressive much, Naya?  suspectt

Was scolded ? Did someone told her to be nicer? I still thinking something happened, either with Lea or someone else.

@Buenos and Ranwing, I agree with what you have said about Kurt's personality. And though I believe he will feel down after to face the difficult situation he's about to have, you know the bash, then I'm sure he will stand up as he has done in the past.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/21/2014, 3:59 pm

Shut up you haters...!!

Naya is just sweet demure small town girl. I've had it up to here with the implied snark on her! Where are the Moderators to throw out Glorfindel and Brisallie, NO snark allowed!  Razz Razz Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2014, 5:15 pm

Buenos wrote:Shut up you haters...!!

Naya is just sweet demure small town girl.  I've had it up to here with the implied snark on her!  Where are the Moderators to throw out Glorfindel and Brisallie, NO snark allowed!    Razz Razz Razz 

The administrator agrees with them!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/21/2014, 5:18 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Naya is just sweet demure small town girl.  I've had it up to here with the implied snark on her!  Where are the Moderators to throw out Glorfindel and Brisallie, NO snark allowed!    Razz Razz Razz 

I declare a coup! Down with this totalitarian regime... Razz Razz Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2014, 5:45 pm

Buenos wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

I declare a coup!   Down with this totalitarian regime... Razz Razz Razz 

Don't mess with the person with the ban button! She will always win!   fanny2
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/21/2014, 7:05 pm

http://daxterdd.tumb...riday-3-21-2014

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2014, 7:34 pm

I am just so happy that Naya is back.  Smile 

If it's full-time I hope we get a Kurtana duet in Chris's episode.  neutre 

Wonder if he has started writing it yet?

He writes female characters really well, so I look forward to what he has written for Rachel, Mercedes and hopefully Santana.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/21/2014, 7:47 pm

The big question is whether Naya is filming next week. Since Jenna is back also I'm assuming that 5.17 is about having as many old characters go to Rachel's FG opening/

If there was something behind the scenes with RIB/Naya I am hoping and praying it got settled so she stays on as a regular.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2014, 7:49 pm

Buenos wrote:The big question is whether Naya is filming next week.  Since Jenna is back also I'm assuming that 5.17 is about having as many old characters go to Rachel's FG opening/

If there was something behind the scenes with RIB/Naya  I am hoping and praying it got  settled so she stays on as a regular.

Same here.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/21/2014, 7:59 pm

they are totally going to use that time jump to validate that stupid klaine weeding by making the engagement seam longer. crafty and dickish.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2014, 8:20 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 Tumblr_n2t718aQvS1qe476yo3_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next