Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

+30
Vir Cotto
CloveGlee
BigDestiny
SippyCupofLuv
Delight
Buenos
MissSoniaPP
sahhar
valkeakuulas
glimmerle
arina
Sani
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
brisallie
opals
M&M
Ireth
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
MoviesAreLife
sheny
ColferGirl
Divalicious
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
Ranwing
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
34 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

Post  Lottie2303 3/25/2013, 12:34 pm

Yeah, it is also my theory that Chris is too good of an actor that showing Kurts feelings would have resulted in anger towards Blaine. For whatever reason, that cannot happen.

Any other show would have used his acting as an advantage and they could have shown so many great, multi-layered storylines, but instead focused on the most stereotypical, boring approach possible by highlighting the cheater and demonizing the victim. It is a shame as it could have resulted in favor for Kurt and Blaine. Blaine probably would have garnered new fans if they wouldn’t have apologized his decisions and shown the growth of the character. So much wasted potential for everyone involved.

Their fault, as once again Glee is getting attacked for playing favorites and having unlikable storylines which will result in a couple, a lot of people started to dislike. By only favoring one fanbase (Blaine fans) they really destroy the show. As I said above: it mystifies me that they are so keen to actively ruin the show. It truly mystifies me, as I spend entire days wondering about the idiocy of RIB and Fox.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 3:05 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I wonder if RIB made a bet in ‘how far can we dismiss our most valuable, critical acclaimed actor before the audience will switch off for good’. It would make so much sense. Sometimes I wonder if they can really be THAT arrogant to assume that the audience will stay by only focusing on Marley, Jake and Blaine.

Serious question, how much power does Chris (Kurt) actually have? I mean, I am biased but based on the overall reaction I read on other boards, a lot complain about the lack of Kurt. Also Fox seems to releases every, tiny information about Kurt now to please the audience. How far can they push him in the background before they actually lose even more viewers? Do you sincerely believe that the general audience might stop watching Glee for good, as they do not approve with the last seasons decisions? Just curious, what you opinions are about that matter.

Part of me feels that this is all a part of Ryan's sarcastic master plan in order to make everyone sick of Blaine, and to return fan loyalty to the character he's really loved most of all, all along: Kurt. Reverse psychology, and all that. Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 3:26 pm

^ i doubt it. anyway murphy was signed on to the show for only 5 seasons, so if there's a next season, it will be his last season, and i can see he wants to conclude it in a grand finale kind of way. that may also explaine his need to drag the hs part to another year, because there won't be anything beyond that.

given murphy's big ego, and the fact that glee is considered his creation (like NipTuck), he would never let someone else take over this project and continue the franchise. So the chance of Fox continue Glee w/o Murphy after season 5 is extremely unlikely. This is another one of the reasons why I think next year will be the last year, and the fact that they are stretching it out for half a year indicates only half a season. Sorry folks I don't mean to depress any of you, but I really do believe it. Again I hope I am wrong.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 3:39 pm

fantastica wrote:^ i doubt it. anyway murphy was signed on to the show for only 5 seasons, so if there's a next season, it will be his last season, and i can see he wants to conclude it in a grand finale kind of way. that may also explaine his need to drag the hs part to another year, because there won't be anything beyond that.

given murphy's big ego, and the fact that glee is considered his creation (like NipTuck), he would never let someone else take over this project and continue the franchise. So the chance of Fox continue Glee w/o Murphy after season 5 is extremely unlikely. This is another one of the reasons why I think next year will be the last year, and the fact that they are stretching it out for half a year indicates only half a season. Sorry folks I don't mean to depress any of you, but I really do believe it. Again I hope I am wrong.

Too late! crycry

I'm hoping that Ryan will give the power over to someone else if he decides to leave after S5. And what about the cast members? They are all stuck under 7 year contacts...so what's going to happen to them if the show dies out after season five and they still have two more years of work to fullfill? Other projects for Fox, I guess?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 4:02 pm

the cast members will all be dismissed if the show is cancelled (or if the show is not cancelled but hte network let them go - like Dianna). the contract is not about securing actor's job. it's to ensure the network that the actor won't leave the series and go on another show when the show depends on their characters.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/25/2013, 4:24 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I wonder if RIB made a bet in ‘how far can we dismiss our most valuable, critical acclaimed actor before the audience will switch off for good’. It would make so much sense. Sometimes I wonder if they can really be THAT arrogant to assume that the audience will stay by only focusing on Marley, Jake and Blaine.

Serious question, how much power does Chris (Kurt) actually have? I mean, I am biased but based on the overall reaction I read on other boards, a lot complain about the lack of Kurt. Also Fox seems to releases every, tiny information about Kurt now to please the audience. How far can they push him in the background before they actually lose even more viewers? Do you sincerely believe that the general audience might stop watching Glee for good, as they do not approve with the last seasons decisions? Just curious, what you opinions are about that matter.

Part of me feels that this is all a part of Ryan's sarcastic master plan in order to make everyone sick of Blaine, and to return fan loyalty to the character he's really loved most of all, all along: Kurt. Reverse psychology, and all that. Wink

I've been wondering if they are seeing how ridiculous and annoying they can make Blaine before the stans turn on him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/25/2013, 4:47 pm

^I don't know if Blaine fans will ever give up because right now he's been woobiefied and made out to look the cute little ball of sweet. Just the type of pocket-hobbit gay that makes most people and fan girls go "Awww!"

I just want Blaine to stay in that cute mode, on his single little cute world and let Kurt have his things. I don't even mind if they stay friends but the way they have written their "epic" friendship and loving past is does tie Kurt down really lot. Not to mention causing pressure for Kurt's possible future BF's. Adam has been so far really grown-up about it but when they eventually bring Blaine in to NY it might get awkward.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 4:56 pm

fantastica wrote:the cast members will all be dismissed if the show is cancelled (or if the show is not cancelled but hte network let them go - like Dianna). the contract is not about securing actor's job. it's to ensure the network that the actor won't leave the series and go on another show when the show depends on their characters.

I am scared for the careers of some of the cast members if this ever happens.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/25/2013, 5:05 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
fantastica wrote:the cast members will all be dismissed if the show is cancelled (or if the show is not cancelled but hte network let them go - like Dianna). the contract is not about securing actor's job. it's to ensure the network that the actor won't leave the series and go on another show when the show depends on their characters.

Let's be real, the majority will not be hired again for big movies/tv shows. Sad fact of television actors. Just a very selected few will continue working.

Chris is incredible smart by doing so many different projects next to Glee. No matter what happens next, at least he has several options to fall back on.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 5:15 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Let's be real, the majority will not be hired again for big movies/tv shows. Sad fact of television actors. Just a very selected few will continue working.

Chris is incredible smart by doing so many different projects next to Glee. No matter what happens next, at least he has several options to fall back on.

I don't know. "The Glee Curse" can go either way, I suppose. On one hand, TV and film producers can think they can get more publicity by hiring someone who had played a character on a very popular TV show, knowing that the general public is curious as to whether they can do anything else besides what they are most known for. There are tons of cases of actors/actresses getting a role simply because they have a name, thanks to a show they were associated with. Like Darren and Daniel both being on Broadway, one because of Glee, and the other because of Harry Potter.

On the other hand, the cast members can be blackballed from good roles because of the popularity of where they came from. The typecasting curse. No one will want to give them a chance because they can't see anything past "Oh, that's a kid from Glee. NEXT!"

Chris is brilliant for having so many passions and back-up plans, for sure.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/25/2013, 5:27 pm

Yeah, but look all the other TV shows from past and present. Of course there are always exceptions but the majority of actors never get any good parts again. They try to stay in business but just do not succeed anymore, because they are either associated with a certain part or never received enough attention in the first place and therefore just fall under the radar. It sounds harsh but most likely will be the truth. I hope to be wrong and with such a large cast, there might be always major surprises.

Even Lea Michele will have problems. She doesn't get cast in any of the musical movies from the last few years even though she would be a great candidate. Her negative image (which undoubtedly exists) and the association with Glee isn't automatically a guarantee. She might be one of the casualties once Glee stops.

I foresee a lot of them trying to start a music career. But even in that field only a selected few might succeed. I guess Darren has the best chance as he has the charisma and a nice singing voice, the general public likes.

Chris is intelligent by writing his own movies as he basically gives himself permission to show him in diverse, challenging roles he probably wouldn't get otherwise. He has to overcome the stigma of being the gay actor who impossibly can act straight (a horrendous but existing double standard in Hollywood). His staying power will also challenged once Glee is over. I hope that he'll get cast one day in a Showtime/HBO TV series production in a very juicy, challenging role.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 5:27 pm

that's why chris said many times that he was so afraid when glee would be over one day, because chances are he and most (if not all) of the kids will not have another big opportunity coming up. that's just the way things are. pick any popular tv shows from the past. name some of its most visible actors. and where the hell are most of them now?

he's smart to engage in as many projects as he can now. you can't expect people to hand over your paycheck. it takes a lot of hard work to get ahead.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 5:48 pm

It feels like the general love the public has for Chris goes far beyond Glee and his character Kurt. Chris feels like an icon...a social movement almost. Whether that will help or hurt his career in the long run...it could go either way. I also hope that he lands a juicy part on a HBO/Showtime/FX show once Glee is done. Maybe in a show that is as compelling as "Six Feet Under" was (I was a fan of that show a few years back). In general, he is one of the few I am not worried about. Good for him for working his ass off now, as more and more people are getting tired of Glee. Maybe the others should follow his example. This was his big break, but it doesn't have to be his only or last...just the one that he's most known for. Hopefully, one of his better known works in the future.

I'm not worried about Lea either. She was born and raised (practically) on Broadway, did this TV stint called "Glee", and will go back to Broadway once Glee is done. Perhaps she will play in "Funny Girl" just as Rachel is going to, or maybe be Eponine in Les Miz someday. She is another cast member I'm not scared for. I thought the reason she didn't get any movie musicals since Glee has began is because the show is taking up all of her time. She is one of the main stars, after all. This is why she played a tiny role in that peice of crap "New Year's Eve". Let out of the Glee world, I'm sure it would free her up to do other things.

This is how I see things going for some of them:

Chris: Movies (mostly indies), books, Broadway someday in his future.

Lea: Broadway, music

Cory, Dianna, Naya: Film, and maybe more TV for Naya

Jenna, Kevin, Darren, Amber, Naya, Mark: Music

Heather: Perhaps a few roles in films where she dances well, but doesn't have to act. Something like "Step Up 7". Same thing with Harry. I think dancers have the hardest time with success in showbusiness.

Darren: Back to the Starkids

I forgot to add that Jenna also came from Broadway like Lea did. So if all else fails, I can see her doing more stagework.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 6:40 pm

do you guys remember that murphy insisted on getting unknown actors for glee? all the newbies are also unknown. none of them has any critical acclaim or pro rep in the industry (i am not talking about the big named actors who guest star in a few episodes). i think part of hte reason is that he wants fresh faces and partly he can boss them around and "enslave" them for very little money. Of course i am guessing but if that's true then it explains why he would want to get rid of hte most accomplished kids from the original batch. it would also explain why he'd rather put chris in the back burner. we all assume that winning those big awards means instant career security. actually in this industry it may not be so.

btw does anybody know if there will be an episode this thursday? or are we in another set of hiatus?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/25/2013, 6:41 pm

^There's another hiatus, Glee will be back on april 11th.

fantastica wrote:^ i doubt it. anyway murphy was signed on to the show for only 5 seasons, so if there's a next season, it will be his last season, and i can see he wants to conclude it in a grand finale kind of way. that may also explaine his need to drag the hs part to another year, because there won't be anything beyond that.

But it's not up to Ryan Murphy. It is Fox who owns Glee. They can even fire Ryan if they want to, or hire another producer after season 5.

There's no way Fox will allow Ryan to sink the Glee ship completely or drag it under with him in his swan song.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 6:49 pm

murphy has a personal relationship w/ fox's exec (what's his name? Reiley or something?). the fact that he pretty much gets away from whatever he wants indicates that they are giving him a lot of "artistic freedom". From an artist/creator's point of view, the last thing you want is some corporate executives decide how you are going to run your show. remember that whatever murphy wants to do he does have to get approval from Fox, so apparently they've shared his vision pretty much.

i wouldnt count on murphy or fox to perform fan service for us kurtsies.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/25/2013, 7:57 pm

There is no way to predict who will have the most success post Glee of all the actors. Not even Chris Colfer.

Besides hard work and talent there is still a lot if luck involved and the right opportunity opening up. Timing.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/25/2013, 8:01 pm

fantastica wrote:do you guys remember that murphy insisted on getting unknown actors for glee? all the newbies are also unknown. none of them has any critical acclaim or pro rep in the industry (i am not talking about the big named actors who guest star in a few episodes). i think part of hte reason is that he wants fresh faces and partly he can boss them around and "enslave" them for very little money. Of course i am guessing but if that's true then it explains why he would want to get rid of hte most accomplished kids from the original batch. it would also explain why he'd rather put chris in the back burner. we all assume that winning those big awards means instant career security. actually in this industry it may not be so.

btw does anybody know if there will be an episode this thursday? or are we in another set of hiatus?

Interesting. It does make sense that the newbies would be easier to control, as they would not want to rock the boat. But people with a little more power are not as easy to pin under your thumb.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 8:48 pm

does anybody know if there will be an episode this thursday? or are we in another set of hiatus?

nobody knows? :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/25/2013, 9:15 pm

Glorfindel answered above, we are in another hiatus. When they come back we will have 5 episodes in a row until end of season. Although 18 doesn't matter a jot to me, because Kurt is not in it. Kind of pisses me off having to wait for a month to see if they give Kurt something to do. Whereas Blaine will undoubtedly be singing 1 or 2 or 3 songs. I am not bothering to look it up, because I don't care. His songs mean nothing, they just take up space.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 10:07 pm

my bad. sorry i didn't see that answer because i only read what she wrote below my quote. so, another month because we can see kurt's hairline? dryy hope the rating will dip all the way below murphy's ankles.

Last edited by fantastica on 3/25/2013, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/25/2013, 10:09 pm

Since Kurt is not in episode 18 I won't be watching.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2013, 10:10 pm

me join you in that army of non-watchers. what's to see? more oil slicker having constipation issues? i haven't watched anything that's not related to kurt in the last couple of episodes, and it feels GREAT!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/25/2013, 10:18 pm

You know what is frightening about episode 18? There are only three songs in it. So unless the songs are like 10 minutes long each, they are relying on heavy acting from the McKinley gang.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/25/2013, 10:20 pm

fantastica wrote:me join you in that army of non-watchers. what's to see? more oil slicker having constipation issues? i haven't watched anything that's not related to kurt in the last couple of episodes, and it feels GREAT!

Great post,and I agree. If I owned Glee I would have Blaine Go back to Dalton at the start of the season.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next