Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

+30
Vir Cotto
CloveGlee
BigDestiny
SippyCupofLuv
Delight
Buenos
MissSoniaPP
sahhar
valkeakuulas
glimmerle
arina
Sani
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
brisallie
opals
M&M
Ireth
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
MoviesAreLife
sheny
ColferGirl
Divalicious
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
Ranwing
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
34 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

Post  arina 3/23/2013, 7:18 am

sheny wrote:

Brad: Well, we’re writing a scene now [ep 21 or 22]. Kurt comes back to Ohio, so there’ll be a scene. (Pause…inquisitive, thoughtful, concerned expression) But…do people like them apart? [Read: Do people like Kurt and Blaine as individuals, not in a relationship?]

Tamila: [makes scrunchy-doubty face, cocks head to the side] Ehhhhhh…people definitely love Kurt and Blaine individually as characters. But there’s something about them together, that chemistry that you can’t get anywhere else, and people just want that back. People love that.

Brad: Why is that? What is it about them together?

Tamila: Well, Blaine is great and Kurt is great and when you put that greatness together, it’s like exponential, and people really miss that. They’re willing to donate tons just to read a script.

Well this is just stupid. People can be individuals even if they are in a relationship. So according to Brad all people should be single in order be individuals. He is married right does that mean he is not an individual. What about Adam? Won't Kurt lose his individuality if their relationship gets more serious.
Just because Glee writers are incapable of writing decent relationship storylines doesn't mean Kurt, Rachel, Blaine, Finn and Santana have to stay single forever. All these couple had great potential in the past but the writers found a way to ruin them and make the insufferable.

There are so many things they can write to make a couple interesting, so many problems the characters can face together and become stronger. How many heart to heart conversations Blaine and Sam had this season 5-6? How many real conversations did Kurt have with Blaine? ZERO. How are these two supposed to deal with their problems even if it is only to move on with their separate lives when RIB doesn't allow them to talk to each other. This scene in 21 or 22 will probably be Blaine complaining to Kurt about his hair gel problems.
RIB can't come up with anything else that love triangles, cheating, ridiculous crushes that make me sick or puppy love.

If the story was well told, interesting and realistic, the characters were learning from their mistakes, actually trying to work on their problems and growing up I would be ready to accept a Klaine reunion. But of course Glee does the opposite. The Blam storyline was one of the stupidest things they've ever done. Total waste of time to show us just how great and accepting guy Sam is. The song choice was so inappropriate. Blaine keeps getting more immature, needy and dumb after every new episode. Running around in superhero costume like a 5 year old child and dealing with pathetic crushes is doing nothing for his character growth. It's just a waste of screentime that can be spend for other character and actually important stories instead.

I absolutely agree but because I know that the writers are absolutely incapable to write couples I prefer single Kurt. I believe if they focused more on Kadam it would be the same story with triangles, cheating etc... They don't have any other ideas as we have seen for four years now I think the only nice couples are Burt and Carole and Rachel's dads and that is just because their screentime was so small.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

Post  Jellyrolls 3/23/2013, 9:36 am

I just read that blog post about the box project people, and I have to say it made me very disgusted, the way they pander to the fans. I really hope that Ryan and Brad were just saying that kind of stuff because the knew they were standing with Klainers.

I'm guessing Kurt goes home to see Burt, and Blaine is there looking after Burt like he promised. I hope it's not the official reunion, and not another hookup, especially since it is looking more and more that the rumors of senior year continuing next year are true. If they want Kurt fans to accept a Klaine reunion, they need to show Kurt and Blaine talking through their issues, and they need to show Blaine making amends for his wrongs.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/23/2013, 10:08 am

You know, the spoiled CWM script by Ryan resulted in Kadam. Also, Falchuk might be asking as they plan to actually separate Klaine for good and is checking out the potential backlash. They must be aware that a) they are talking to biased Klainers, and b) that there is a major backlash against Klaine/Blaine on the internet.

Maybe I am just grasping for straws. But they won't have Burt in serious danger/danger just to reunite Klaine, they won't, won't they?!!!n(...it is Glee...)
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/23/2013, 11:57 am

If Klaine does get back together I am done with Glee. I might change my mind, about it if Blaine apologize to Kurt not only for cheating but for Blaming him as well.I still won't be happy about it though.Also, I doubt the writers will have Blaine apologize to Kurt.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 3/23/2013, 1:07 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Ah, I am so conflicted. It really can go either way. I just hope for a bit more Adam. It is a shame that they completely forget his character and relationship with Kurt, but are happy to show all of Blaines crushes. At least they are working overtime for me to sincerely stop caring. All I have to do is watch Kurt edits and I might be a happy girl.

Love the Original 5 picture, even though it is just emotional manipulation to get the audience back again. As I said a couple of times: gives those 5 great storylines to work with and put in front of the rest of the cast, and we can talk again. After all, those are the characters that you got from the highest rating and a strong start. Why are you dismissing them with new actors who have still not caught on yet???! I mean, come on!

I too feel dread more than anything about Kurt being back in Ohio - both because of a possible Klaine reunion and also Burt might having taken a turn for the worse. (Although on the other hand, Burt's health failing might finally be great, juicy, dramatic acting material for Chris and I'm sure he'd like that - and once I know Burt survives, I would too). I agree with everyone else that I'll never accept or be happy with a Klaine reunion unless they actually show Blaine making amends for his wrongs, and growing up and changing his needy, attention-seeking behaviors. I don't care if Kurt is naturally nurturing, and thus may always be more of a caretaker in whatever relationship he's in - his boyfriend still needs to be able to support, encourage, and care for him in return; his boyfriend needs to be a safe place where Kurt can allow himself to feel vulnerable. And Blaine hasn't done that in a long time (while Kurt does that for Rachel every episode this season, and based on season 3 will surely do it again for Blaine) Until Blaine can be as loving toward Kurt as Kurt will/has been to him, I won't ever like Klaine again.

I really hope we get some more Kadam before season's end. But at this point, it's less about Kadam/Adam for me than it is Kurt being treated with the same dignity and respect that Brittany, Sam, and Rachel have. Kurt deserves to have a "real" midgame relationship with duets, kisses, and decent screentime just like Brittany and Rachel's midgames do. Even if they turn Adam "bad" like Brody to prop up Klaine, I don't care, because at least Kurt's new relationship will be given attention. Even half of the screentime Brochel got would satisfy me. Kurt stans are known for being "bitter". If the next time Adam appears it is only to break him and Kurt up - or heaven forbid they break up off screen - I will be way more than bitter. You'll all eventually hate me because I'll rage about it forever and ever and mutter my outrage in every post. tonguue Because to me, that will mean the writers don't care enough about Kurt to give him fully developed storylines or let his emotional journey have any attention or dignity. And oh, I will be so upset..... No
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/23/2013, 1:44 pm

bayth wrote:Yes, they went THERE! Ryan just tweeted this:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 22 BGA2SOGCcAAr-PE

Suddenly I feel emotional. So many memories and changes. Though Finn and Artie look practically the same. And though I'm still believing that DSB isn't appropiate for the audition and shouldn't be Rachel's solo, I won't deny I'd like to see this.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/23/2013, 2:30 pm

I don't think DSB Reprise is a way to send off the original kids at all. It's just a flashback to Glee's Golden Year. Smile

Now, I'm REALLY nervous! I hope the writers know that they were talking to biased Klainers and that not all of us feel that way. blinkk And I agree with Erin: Why can't Kurt have a real midgame? Why does Blaine have to be his one and only, his first and last? That is bullsh!t. Evil or Very Mad

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/23/2013, 7:41 pm

What I am thinking might be that Kurt goes to Lima because Adam wants to be exclusive. They've supposedly been dating since last we saw Adam, even if we don't see the dates. Kurt goes to Lima to try to make up his mind, he can't let go of his past quite as easily as Blaine does with his crush on the one you are with attitude. What if he comes to Lima, and finds out about Blaine's not so secret crush, and realizes that Blaine just isn't any where near where Kurt is in his life, and Kurt decides he doesn't want to wait forever Peter Pan Blaine to grow the hell up. Klaine is still serviced, because they will interact, but they spent the entire season pretty much keeping Finchel apart, except for their hook up, there is no reason to expect them to reunite Klaine, and then put them on the back shelf again in season 5. Keeping them apart certainly has lead to tons of Blaine scenes, not so many of Kurt, but at least he isn't feeling defensive when yet another guy tries to pick Blaine up. What I would like is for Kurt to see Blaine crushing on all these passing for straight gay boys, or at least passes more than Kurt. Kurt then wonders what Blaine saw in him, other than an "adorable" "interesting" kid. He will never be seen as a macho stud, and if that is what Blaine wants, perhaps they should both keep looking. Oh, Look, Blaine, Kurt's new boyfriend IS a macho stud, with an accent. Take that!! I want Adam to meet Blaine and kind of look down on him like, I was expecting something a bit...more, certainly taller. And whats with the hair? Let Blaine feel deficient for once.

Anyway, hoping to see more of Kurt next year, not so much Rachel sturm and drang, and much less Slam Blam Bram Damn stuff.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/23/2013, 8:00 pm

Ryan seems to want an audience back to the show - he just tweeted this one:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 22 BGE0SDvCcAEVcyV
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/23/2013, 8:50 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I don't think DSB Reprise is a way to send off the original kids at all. It's just a flashback to Glee's Golden Year. Smile

Probably is that. But is been commented if this have a symbolism, and it means they're saying goodbye to the old kids. Personally I don't believe they would dare to do that, because what would they do without the old kids? But also is been said that if Rachel passes the audition and gets the role, what's next for her?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/23/2013, 9:20 pm

If I got this right GOBr posted the title and singers of the last song of 4x19 (Outcast, an original song by the noobs, blegh), and so Kurt is not getting an audition song for Funny Girl.

I know the chance was slim, but.....excuse me while I go break something. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 22 Ab-bashcomputer
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/23/2013, 11:03 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I don't think DSB Reprise is a way to send off the original kids at all. It's just a flashback to Glee's Golden Year. Smile

Probably is that. But is been commented if this have a symbolism, and it means they're saying goodbye to the old kids. Personally I don't believe they would dare to do that, because what would they do without the old kids? But also is been said that if Rachel passes the audition and gets the role, what's next for her?

I agree. What will they do without the old kids? They will be up shi!t creek without a paddle and they know it. No way would they get rid of them. Everybody (except the Blaine stans) would quit the show.

That's a good point about Rachel. More roles? More struggles? A Tony in her future? Wink

Marie, are you sure all of the 4x19 songs have been posted? :(

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/23/2013, 11:04 pm

Divalicious wrote:What I am thinking might be that Kurt goes to Lima because Adam wants to be exclusive. They've supposedly been dating since last we saw Adam, even if we don't see the dates. Kurt goes to Lima to try to make up his mind, he can't let go of his past quite as easily as Blaine does with his crush on the one you are with attitude. What if he comes to Lima, and finds out about Blaine's not so secret crush, and realizes that Blaine just isn't any where near where Kurt is in his life, and Kurt decides he doesn't want to wait forever Peter Pan Blaine to grow the hell up. Klaine is still serviced, because they will interact, but they spent the entire season pretty much keeping Finchel apart, except for their hook up, there is no reason to expect them to reunite Klaine, and then put them on the back shelf again in season 5. Keeping them apart certainly has lead to tons of Blaine scenes, not so many of Kurt, but at least he isn't feeling defensive when yet another guy tries to pick Blaine up. What I would like is for Kurt to see Blaine crushing on all these passing for straight gay boys, or at least passes more than Kurt. Kurt then wonders what Blaine saw in him, other than an "adorable" "interesting" kid. He will never be seen as a macho stud, and if that is what Blaine wants, perhaps they should both keep looking. Oh, Look, Blaine, Kurt's new boyfriend IS a macho stud, with an accent. Take that!! I want Adam to meet Blaine and kind of look down on him like, I was expecting something a bit...more, certainly taller. And whats with the hair? Let Blaine feel deficient for once.

Anyway, hoping to see more of Kurt next year, not so much Rachel sturm and drang, and much less Slam Blam Bram Damn stuff.

Yes, please. Smile

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/24/2013, 5:14 am

My distrust outlives your optimism and I'm still afraid this can be some sort of departing gift for us...but then I had another silly Glee idea: Rachel has her back-up singers present for her audition? OK, would never happen in real world but in Glee, I don't know. Maybe she reaches new hights in her talent if she imagines her friends backing her up in that audition. I'll ride with that one for awhile to feel better.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/24/2013, 9:46 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Marie, are you sure all of the 4x19 songs have been posted? :(
The sources I got the spoiler from all said "last song spoiler for 4x19".
So unless they are deliberately keeping a Kurt song behind (which they wouldn't do because they know that the Kurtsies and even a big part of the general fandom are complaining about the lack of spoilers for Kurt and this might hurt the ratings) there will be no 'Funny Girl' audition for Kurt. :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/24/2013, 7:01 pm

4x20 Title + Song Info

Title: Lights Out

Number of Songs: 6

3 solos and 3 group numbers

Who is singing: NYC (except Adam and Brody) and ND people (except for Brittany, Sugar and Joe) + Finn, Will, Sue and 1 Guest.

It’s NOT the Regionals episode.

THINGS (Number of songs, who sings, etc..) CAN ALWAYS CHANGE.
GOBr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/24/2013, 7:18 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Marie, are you sure all of the 4x19 songs have been posted? :(
So unless they are deliberately keeping a Kurt song behind (which they wouldn't do because they know that the Kurtsies and even a big part of the general fandom are complaining about the lack of spoilers for Kurt and this might hurt the ratings) there will be no 'Funny Girl' audition for Kurt. :(

So far this has been disheartening. No Kurt on 4X18, no song on 4X19, Kurt going to Ohio (yes, I have a bad feeling about this, I jusr feel it will only make Kurt "realize" Blaine is the one), no Kurt audition...

When will he stop being Rachel's sidekick and be allowed to sing anything with someone who is not her or SmugfaceBlaine? Argh.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/24/2013, 8:17 pm

coxfire wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

So far this has been disheartening. No Kurt on 4X18, no song on 4X19, Kurt going to Ohio (yes, I have a bad feeling about this, I jusr feel it will only make Kurt "realize" Blaine is the one), no Kurt audition...

When will he stop being Rachel's sidekick and be allowed to sing anything with someone who is not her or SmugfaceBlaine? Argh.

This sucks. I don't care about "Funny Girl" as a musical, but dammit! I wanted to see that Kurt audition! :(

This all sounds very crappy, indeed. No

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/25/2013, 6:13 am

I wonder if RIB made a bet in ‘how far can we dismiss our most valuable, critical acclaimed actor before the audience will switch off for good’. It would make so much sense. Sometimes I wonder if they can really be THAT arrogant to assume that the audience will stay by only focusing on Marley, Jake and Blaine.

Serious question, how much power does Chris (Kurt) actually have? I mean, I am biased but based on the overall reaction I read on other boards, a lot complain about the lack of Kurt. Also Fox seems to releases every, tiny information about Kurt now to please the audience. How far can they push him in the background before they actually lose even more viewers? Do you sincerely believe that the general audience might stop watching Glee for good, as they do not approve with the last seasons decisions? Just curious, what you opinions are about that matter.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/25/2013, 10:16 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Serious question, how much power does Chris (Kurt) actually have? I mean, I am biased but based on the overall reaction I read on other boards, a lot complain about the lack of Kurt. Also Fox seems to releases every, tiny information about Kurt now to please the audience. How far can they push him in the background before they actually lose even more viewers? Do you sincerely believe that the general audience might stop watching Glee for good, as they do not approve with the last seasons decisions? Just curious, what you opinions are about that matter.
To answer the first bolded question:
In absolute power Chris has nothing: he is under contract with Fox, and as he was noone when he started Glee his conditions will not be too great, although that must have changed somewhat in his favor after the GG win and Emmy nods. But still: they have absolute power over him.
But when it comes to relative power I think Chris actually has some. He's a wanted actor and celebrity, people in the business take him seriously and have praised him, plus he is the face of most of the critical acclaim Glee has received. And don't forget that Chris (and Kurt) has got a big fanbase, the biggest of Glee after Lea.
TPTB already witnessed first hand after season 3 what happens when they don't treat Kurt right. That stung and it made damage, and they stumbled over their own feet to fix the problems in the beginning of season 4. If the protests now keep up (lack of Kurt, too much Lima, people being sick of the Blaine and Blam overload) we'll get a similar correction invention, I'm sure.
What I think is baffling (and stupid!) is that they didn't learn this lesson the first time, after season 3, but are repeating the same mistakes.

As for the second bolded:
I think there will always be a number of GA watching, who don't care about the individual characters or proper storylines much, as long as there are hot guys and pretty girls singing and dancing on Glee. But this is a small basis of viewers, and most of them are young and fickle, so it won't be able to keep Glee afloat for more seasons to come.
There are the hardcore fans, the Gleeks who will (or already have) stop watching, and although this group brought the great ratings and iTunes sales success of the early seasons, Glee theoretically could survive without them, as long as the ratings don't drop even more.

The most important viewer group imo is the GA that does care about individual characters and decent storylines but is not active in the fandom. And it's this group that Glee is losing fast in droves right now, as they get dissatisfied with the stupid shallow storylines and the blatant favoritism of the mediocre characters/actors.
These viewers might not care about Kurt, Rachel, Finn or Will individually, but they care about seeing good fleshed out 3-dimensional characters, played by good actors and singers, and them having decent storylines and songs, aka quality entertainment/tv. And Glee is not giving them that anymore.
It's these viewers that RIB/Fox cannot afford to lose. To keep them they need to focus on their better actors and singers, and to fix the shit that goes down in that writers room.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto 3/25/2013, 10:42 am

To be honest, I think we're at the ass-end of the series, and nothing anyone can do will get this show to last beyond next season, if it isn't cancelled before then. RIB's stupid and nonsensical decisions have driven off viewers, with more to follow if they insist on focusing on those gawd-awful newbies into next season.

Shows that start off in high school and survive past it, are the ones with the good sense to stick with the characters the audience is invested in (Buffy and 90210). RIB's decision to push their stars out and focus on unknowns is completely irrational and, in the not so distance future, will kill this show.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/25/2013, 11:20 am

(On an unrelated note and before I start with my argument which turned in a looong rant, I am so jealous how you can communicate your thoughts in such an intelligent manner. I know my thoughts and ideas are quite well, but my attempts to write them down always fail so dramatically. Most posts do not even make sense to me, which is golden, as I successfully graduated with a postgraduate degree… )

Thanks a lot for your input. I know overall Chris has no power within Glee and actually earns not a lot of money compared to other TV-shows (all actors actually). I believe the contracts are iron-clad which is no surprise as almost all hired actors during season 1 had no previous television arrangements and also due to the sheer number of cast mates. Probably he is still gets one of the better salaries, but he could earn way more with different television shows.

I just wanted to figure out if I am overdramatic with my thoughts regarding Chris success on Glee in relation to the GA, or if I am actually spot on. Great point about the GA wanting good stories in relation with good characters/actors. Obviously Kurt is a favorite, as you can be assured he will deliver and Kurt as character actually has a cohesive development. I cannot fathom with any logical reason why they dismiss him after the entire Season 3 debacle. Even I knew about it, and I didn’t watch Glee at that time (and I most certainly didn’t know about the Finchel or Graduation drama). Also, I cannot believe that RIB are that arrogant and unperceptive that they might ruin their own show by only focusing on the newbies and Blaine. I cannot believe they are aware of the outrage and that they endanger the future of Glee in irrevocably. All decisions regarding Glee with plot/character/song allocation and distribution have stopped making sense since episode 4.14. It also makes no sense why they so drastically push Darren Criss to be the star. Aren’t they aware that they do not only damage Glee but in process Blaine and even further Criss’ career post-Glee?! Are they really that desperate not to have a homosexual actor as their shining star, that they rather focus on the heterosexual actor portraying a gay character? There is no sense of business decision making processes in that context. It is quite frankly just stupid, narrow minded and immature decision making. Quite a few people should get fired at FOX.

Which leads to another factor that mystifies me: they just must be aware how permanently they are damaging Finchel, Klaine and Glee itself with all their unhealthy storylines, and still expect the general audience acceptance of the reunion, mostly suddenly out of nowhere. They always show point a and c and expect people to ignore point b (the journey of the character). In between they utterly destroy the pairing to prevent a reunion and they must notice that after a certain point (i.e. Finn cheating with Quinn, Blaine singing AAO to Sam) the original pairing does not work anymore. But instead to let them be apart they suddenly create the most outlandish storylines, which appear out of nowhere, and reunite the character. Then they are shocked that people are not responding and actually complaining. They MUST hear the complaints. It is impossible to ignore them. Rachel and Kurt both get so lost in their relationships and all their individuality and charm gets destroyed in favor for Blaine and Finn. Do they actually participate in a secret social study case to prove the impacts and damage of emotionally abusive relationships and the general acceptance as long as it is considered romantic? Ryan Murphy had no qualms to separate Violet and Tate in American Horror Story and no problem to point out the violent aspect of their relationship. Why does he accept it in Glee? Especially with Rachel and Kurt, who are supposed to represent two sides of his character? Rachel and Kurt ARE their biggest stars. You nurture and care for your cash cows. You don’t force them to disappear with a desperate attempt to turn question marks in your new big cash plans. Kurts silence about the cheating scandal is one point that gets repeatedly mentioned again and again and again; and the criticism gets louder and louder. It also leads to despair towards Blaine. I mean, I started hating the character due to his overexposure and the refusal to show Kurts side of the conflict. Basically: They ruin my favorite character and force me to hate yet another character, who is supposed to be the new star of the show. It is a major lose/lose/lose situation. FOX, RIB and everyone else involved CANNOT be said stupid. So, why do they continue? I am sorry, I am just so mystified.

(Jesus, that turned in a long rant. I hope somehow you guys actually understand what I want to say… Please ask me to clarify some points. I predict this long text is not the most cohesive train of thought I’ve constructed Wink).
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/25/2013, 12:12 pm

^Don't worry, your post makes excellent sense. fanny2

As for the relative power of Chris/Kurt: this also extends to his acting power and therefore presence on Glee.
Chris got chosen because he stood out as an actor amongst the others auditioning. Kurt became an iconic characters mostly because of Chris' good acting (and the luck of RIB striking the right chord with Kurt's first storyline and Chris' and Mike's acting chemistry). Kurt became one of the only layered 3-dimensional consistent characters on the show because of Chris' acting. Kurt doesn't get many songs, but the ones he get leave an impact and are remembered.
Kurt stands out and is so strong as a character because of Chris being such a good actor and singer. That's power too. And it's a power RIB has strangled and oppressed this season by diminishing Kurt's screentime and songs, because they want someone else to stand out that is not Chris. But it is not working.

It isn't the only reason why Kurt has so little screentime, songs and POV, but I believe that the acting power of Chris is one of the reasons why Kurt did not get much to express his feelings over the break-up. His 30 seconds in 'Glease', his few words in other episodes, and his expressions in TBU and scenes like his CMW fantasy tell us more about Kurt's feelings, how devestated and hurt he was because of Blaine's cheating, than all the ~hero storylines, screentime and moping songs Blaine got this season and season 3 tells us about Blaine.
Chris' magnificent acting pointing out to the viewers how hurt Kurt was by Blaine is not helping RIB woobify Blaine and wave away his cheating as a simple mistake noone is allowed to be upset about anymore besides Blaine himself. So they limit Chris by not giving him material for Kurt in which he can convey those feelings. But maybe I'm seeing this through stan goggles, but even in a silly storyline like his bf pillow I can still see Kurt's hurt over Blaine, and that's all Chris.
His acting is a power to be reckoned with, and RIB know this.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 3/25/2013, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/25/2013, 12:25 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:To be honest, I think we're at the ass-end of the series, and nothing anyone can do will get this show to last beyond next season, if it isn't cancelled before then.

Their objective is probably to do at least a half season more to reach syndication. After that, Glee will be Murphy's old toy he doesn't like to play with anymore and it will get to shreds.

I doubt it will be cancelled before though. As I previously said, we might not like Blaine here, but he unfortunately is a well loved character out there. To a casual viewer who doesn't care that much about storyline and continuity, Blaine has got the good looks factor, plus all the pimping he benefits from the show: best friend, best gay, best singer, most featured in terms of screentime, etc. The term I find the most on reviews is "Adorable". I've read many reviews that always call him "adorable", tell that he sang "beautifully", etc, but very few point out his own inconsistencies, his blandness (and his tedancies to do awful faces while singing), I really wonder wether these reviews/recap get past the shallow and really analyse his personnality.

The most important viewer group imo is the GA that does care about individual characters and decent storylines but is not active in the fandom. And it's this group that Glee is losing fast in droves right now, as they get dissatisfied with the stupid shallow storylines and the blatant favoritism of the mediocre characters/actors.
These viewers might not care about Kurt, Rachel, Finn or Will individually, but they care about seeing good fleshed out 3-dimensional characters, played by good actors and singers, and them having decent storylines and songs, aka quality entertainment/tv. And Glee is not giving them that anymore.
It's these viewers that RIB/Fox cannot afford to lose. To keep them they need to focus on their better actors and singers, and to fix the shit that goes down in that writers room.

Well, I think the recapers I'm talking about are in a way representing this "general audience". A few are biaised, but they generally write to please the largest audiance. If the GA reacts to Blaine just like these reviewers do, but also simply enjoy watching models covering pop songs (and the teenage population really does), Glee will keep being on, and the writers won't try to elevate their writing levels to a lot. Why bother being consistent/clever/innovative when average writing still allows to have viewers? and since the Blarrenstans will follow him to his grave, they are sure to have a solid and vocal fanbase calling the show the best ever.

We as a group here might find the stories bad, the writing awful and some actors/singers overrated and overexposed, but this is not necessarily the overall opinion. There are some recappers that point out all the wrongs in Glee now (Shamus Kelley, for instance), and the ratings dropped, but some call this Season "the best since Season 1" (which, SERIOUSLY????).

All these reasons do not make me confident in the following of Glee: I expect even mors Blam/Blaine shoven down my throat, more McKinley inconsistent storylines, and Kurt nd Santana being Rachel's cheerleaders or frenemies, depending Santana's mood. Will we see Kurt audition, featured in a school play or musical? Unlikely. Will we see Santana at work or trying to make it in NY? Unlikely. We will be told and not shown, while we'll get Rachel's audition, Rachel in rehersal, Rachel for the first time on stage, etc.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/25/2013, 12:31 pm

I think GLEE also has a problem balancing it's cast. Look how Will did pretty much nothing last year. It has been very glaring to me, after doing our season rewatching, just how far he was pushed in the background. This year they finally worked on him just a little, and that was after him being gone for actual whole episodes. Glee story tells to have specific characters in specific places at a particular moment. I actually feel this whole season has been a set up for season 5, and therefore they had a lot of filler episodes, cue all the ND romance angst and unnecessary amount of songs for characters that don't really advance any stories. Kurt has also really suffered in this attempt to get people in the right places. Zoom, to NY, and then a little bit of Vogue, and then nothing. Zoom, to NYADA, a little bit of flirting, and now nothing. I think he will get a cliffhanger, because you do those with characters people care about, and then of course, nothing over the summer. The one major thing we do know about Kurt is that he has become an insanely gorgeous young man, where Blaine is shown a shallow young boy. I am really (god, I hate saying "hope" with this show) wishing that this was done for a purpose and if anything, they keep them apart until the end of Season 5. If Kurt gets to spend most of season 5 outside of Klaine, I can deal with the reunion. I think. Why does everything on GLEE have to have a "happy ending?" Why can't some of the couples move on. Blaine finds his stardom, we know it will be handed to him, and he goes to LA to do a movie with his brother. Kurt, his dream being on stage, stays in NY with an attentive Adam? Why not? They are both happy. Why do they have to end together.

It would be hilarious if at the end of the show RIB decides to stick it to all the shippers, and not reunite ANYBODY. The show will be over, so not really changing ratings or anything. Now that would be the reality that Glee could use a little more of.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next