Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

+30
Vir Cotto
CloveGlee
BigDestiny
SippyCupofLuv
Delight
Buenos
MissSoniaPP
sahhar
valkeakuulas
glimmerle
arina
Sani
Lottie2303
tanita_mors
brisallie
opals
M&M
Ireth
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
MoviesAreLife
sheny
ColferGirl
Divalicious
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
Ranwing
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
34 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 40 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

Post  sheny 4/8/2013, 9:43 am

arina wrote:I've only heard the group number so far - why am I even surprised who is the the lead?

Well Blaine doesn't have a solo in this episode and the next two episodes after ep. 18 so in order to compensate that they give him the lead in every group number. I don't want to think about the scary things Blarren stans will do if he doesn't sing at all for 2 episodes.

Last edited by sheny on 4/8/2013, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 40 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11

Post  Lottie2303 4/8/2013, 10:45 am

I also sometimes use swearwords when talking about the writers (idiots is a very commonly used word of my mine) but I’d never step so low and use such immature language. I get how it feels to be frustrated and sometimes to literally despise the writers, but still I at least try to maintain a certain level of maturity. I really don’t want to be confused with an immature, stupid, little girl.

But based on that comment and her perception of the fandom, I sometimes wonder how the GA truly perceives Chris. I give that person the benefit of the doubt that she truly thinks the majority of viewers ship Klaine and are willing to stop watching. When I was inside the Klaine bubble I also didn’t perceive any of the negative backlashes. So, how much about my perception of GA, Chris Colfer and Kurt are actually true? Am I biased because of favorism, or is my perception by reading a lot of commentary/reviews/recaps/msg boards correct that Chris is generally missed and people want to see more of him. Sometimes I really wonder.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/8/2013, 11:16 am

^It's not just Kurtsies who want more Kurt these days: it's most Glee fans who are not noobs and Blam fangirls. Their protests are everywhere: tumblr, recaps, forums. Even ONTD_Glee wants more Kurt.
This used to be not the case in season 2, and even part of season 3 (with all the depressing Kurt storylines).

It's not just us. A lot of Glee fans want MK gone and NY to be the focus, and Kurt is always included in that.
Plus I actually see a lot of people wanting more Kurt songs, and that is something new (from this season) in the fandom.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/8/2013, 11:18 am

sheny wrote:
arina wrote:I've only heard the group number so far - why am I even surprised who is the the lead?

Well Blaine doesn't have a solo in this episode and the next two episodes after ep. 18 so in order to compensate that they give him the lead in every group number. I don't want to think about the scary things Blarren stans will do if he doesn't sing at all for 2 episodes?
I've already read comments on that it's only fair Blaine sings the majority in 'Say', because the poor lad doesn't get to sing enough in the next episodes. crycry

'Say' is nothing more than a Blaine solo disguised as a group number.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/8/2013, 11:26 am

I would be really curious how the fans would react if Blaine got the Artie's treatment in singing or Finn or Kurt's - it would be probably end of the world and that is why we will never find out.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/8/2013, 11:43 am

Opps, my reply was actually in the wrong thread. I wanted to reply to his foulmouthed woman complaining about the lack of Klaine.

Yes, my impression is as well that Kurt is highly in demand. But sometimes I still wonder if I read with restricted goggles, as obviously I like it when people agree with my opinion.

Blaine stans are so incredible selfish, it isn’t even funny. I don’t want Kurt to be the main focus in all songs, storylines and premises. Of course I want him heavily featured, but I do not want to dismiss the rest of the cast (of the originals) just to have him front and centre. Glee would actually benefit a lot by not letting Blaine sing. Just imagine the idea of a few episodes without any Blaine song… the world is most likely about to end!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/8/2013, 12:00 pm

Sad that I think that even all my favorite guys together (Kurt, Artie, Finn) had less songs than Blaine...

I also wouldn't want Kurt to have always the most screentime, to have the most songs (or be the only one who gets screentie and songs) I like the show as a group show.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/8/2013, 12:08 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I really don't see the current McKinley lot pulling off the same quality when it comes to acting, and thereby saving the bad writing: they'll go under with the script.

I've said exactly this. Chris, Cory, Lea, Jane and Matt (and to a slightly lesser degree, Naya) have all been the victims of some absolutely painfully bad writing that if they were weaker actors than they are, would have made from some really excrutiating scenes. It was their skill and instincts as performers and their knowledge in understanding their characters that not only salvaged the scenes, but actually made them engaging to watch instead.

I look at the Christmas episode for this season, when the Klaine scenes were written pretty ambiguously in regards to how Kurt really felt about Blaine being there - the first scenes were of their usual banter and flirty duet, but immediately afterwards we start getting the POV from Kurt that we'd been craving. Chris made the choice to portray Kurt as being very conflicted and uncomfortable and clearly not happy with having his loft invaded by his ex. And Chris carried that into I Do, where he had the roadblocks of what he would accept from Blaine very clear, even if the script could be read as Kurt being more open to Blaine.

Chris also is willing to argue for changes when he things something is really completely OCC for Kurt, but when a scene is written that portrays Kurt as weak and lacking agency (like the ending for Prom Queen, having Kurt make the choice to return to the dance rather than having to be urged to do so by Blaine). When you compare how he, along with the top tier actors on the show, are able to inject that level of thoughtfulness and nuance into their performance and actually manage to elevate often mediocre material to Darren and the noobs, it’s a night and day comparison. Darren, at best, can perform the material, but he can’t make it better. The same can be said for Chord. And Heather needs not only outstanding material to make her performance (outside of dancing) at all watchable, but a strong performer to give the emotional punch working with her.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/8/2013, 12:37 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I really don't see the current McKinley lot pulling off the same quality when it comes to acting, and thereby saving the bad writing: they'll go under with the script.

I've said exactly this. Chris, Cory, Lea, Jane and Matt (and to a slightly lesser degree, Naya) have all been the victims of some absolutely painfully bad writing that if they were weaker actors than they are, would have made from some really excrutiating scenes. It was their skill and instincts as performers and their knowledge in understanding their characters that not only salvaged the scenes, but actually made them engaging to watch instead.

I look at the Christmas episode for this season, when the Klaine scenes were written pretty ambiguously in regards to how Kurt really felt about Blaine being there - the first scenes were of their usual banter and flirty duet, but immediately afterwards we start getting the POV from Kurt that we'd been craving. Chris made the choice to portray Kurt as being very conflicted and uncomfortable and clearly not happy with having his loft invaded by his ex. And Chris carried that into I Do, where he had the roadblocks of what he would accept from Blaine very clear, even if the script could be read as Kurt being more open to Blaine.

Chris also is willing to argue for changes when he things something is really completely OCC for Kurt, but when a scene is written that portrays Kurt as weak and lacking agency (like the ending for Prom Queen, having Kurt make the choice to return to the dance rather than having to be urged to do so by Blaine). When you compare how he, along with the top tier actors on the show, are able to inject that level of thoughtfulness and nuance into their performance and actually manage to elevate often mediocre material to Darren and the noobs, it’s a night and day comparison. Darren, at best, can perform the material, but he can’t make it better. The same can be said for Chord. And Heather needs not only outstanding material to make her performance (outside of dancing) at all watchable, but a strong performer to give the emotional punch working with her.

Chris is a true writer at heart. He is not there to just say his lines....he cares about his character's thought process, background, where he is coming from and where he is going. If Kurt was played by a different actor, I'm sure he would not give the amount of thought and care that Chris gives to Kurt. Chris may not have written Kurt, but he sure does contribute to his overall creation.

I'm not listening to the songs. vexe

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  colfhummel 4/8/2013, 12:42 pm

[Hi this is my 1st real post here, so um hi *waves shyly* ]

*sighs* To be honest I can't even feel excited about the upcoming Kurt solo anymore, even though we now know it's for Burt, but I'm too...scared of what is going to happen in that episode. I see so many speculations going around of Burt being the ~force~ to bring Klaine back together and just thinking about it makes me sick.

While I'm being in the minority here who likes Blaine and Klaine this forced reunion is the last thing I want and even more so if Burt is involved...:/ What about what Kurt wants? What about 'I desperately want to be over him?'
I'm still wondering if Burt even knows what happened between Blaine and his son because in what universe would any dad be still so civil to the guy who cheated and broke their kid's hearts? I just don't get it. But okay, then again, I hardly get anything that happens on Glee anymore.

Like, what happened with Adam. So far, there's no word he's coming back anytime soon. So either, Kurt's and Adam's movie date was a disaster (maybe he dragged Kurt into some bloody gore movie which traumatized him or something) or Adam has been eaten by an escaped lion from the zoo or he went back to England or maybe he's been abducted by Aliens - we just don't know. Thanks, Ryan.

I hate being so negative but I just can't help feeling bitter when it comes to this show.

And see, while I really would like to rip off Ryan's yellow hat and stomp on it and maybe tell him that his show is going to give me a stomach ulcer someday, insulting him with foul language like this, is just...no. Especially when it comes from a 30 year old woman. But then again, I had to learn that often the older shippers are the most immature ones, so not really surprised about that one posting that's been linked here.

Also, when it comes to NY vs MK, I think 90% of the people care more about the NY side - even some of the more rational Blaine fans do - because the stories on the Lima side have been so awful and boring overall. And no matter how much Ryan shoves the Newbies down our throats, the majority of the audience will never care about them to the same extent as they cared about the originals.

Oops, this got kind of long, sorry D:
colfhummel
colfhummel
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://colfhummel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/8/2013, 12:44 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 40 BG93AccCMAATqLJ

This is a little late but....does anyone else see this and think they are creating the "How Will I Know?" of season four?! Razz

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/8/2013, 12:49 pm

colfhummel wrote:[Hi this is my 1st real post here, so um hi *waves shyly* ]

*sighs* To be honest I can't even feel excited about the upcoming Kurt solo anymore, even though we now know it's for Burt, but I'm too...scared of what is going to happen in that episode. I see so many speculations going around of Burt being the ~force~ to bring Klaine back together and just thinking about it makes me sick.

While I'm being in the minority here who likes Blaine and Klaine this forced reunion is the last thing I want and even more so if Burt is involved...:/ What about what Kurt wants? What about 'I desperately want to be over him?'
I'm still wondering if Burt even knows what happened between Blaine and his son because in what universe would any dad be still so civil to the guy who cheated and broke their kid's hearts? I just don't get it. But okay, then again, I hardly get anything that happens on Glee anymore.

Like, what happened with Adam. So far, there's no word he's coming back anytime soon. So either, Kurt's and Adam's movie date was a disaster (maybe he dragged Kurt into some bloody gore movie which traumatized him or something) or Adam has been eaten by an escaped lion from the zoo or he went back to England or maybe he's been abducted by Aliens - we just don't know. Thanks, Ryan.

I hate being so negative but I just can't help feeling bitter when it comes to this show.

And see, while I really would like to rip off Ryan's yellow hat and stomp on it and maybe tell him that his show is going to give me a stomach ulcer someday, insulting him with foul language like this, is just...no. Especially when it comes from a 30 year old woman. But then again, I had to learn that often the older shippers are the most immature ones, so not really surprised about that one posting that's been linked here.

Also, when it comes to NY vs MK, I think 90% of the people care more about the NY side - even some of the more rational Blaine fans do - because the stories on the Lima side have been so awful and boring overall. And no matter how much Ryan shoves the Newbies down our throats, the majority of the audience will never care about them to the same extent as they cared about the originals.

If Burt actually knows about the cheating and sides with Blaine over his own son, I'll like him alot less.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/8/2013, 1:02 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 11 - Page 40 BG93AccCMAATqLJ

This is a little late but....does anyone else see this and think they are creating the "How Will I Know?" of season four?! Razz
Yup. Copy and paste: essential season 4 Glee.

MoviesAreLife wrote:If Burt actually knows about the cheating and sides with Blaine over his own son, I'll like him alot less.
I hope we will still get a scene in which Kurt tells Burt about the cheating, but I doubt we ever will. I'm afraid Burt has been thrown under the bus for Klaine, and I expect more to come in episodes 21 and 22. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/8/2013, 1:08 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

If Burt actually knows about the cheating and sides with Blaine over his own son, I'll like him alot less.

I would too,like Burt alot less if Burt knows about the cheating and sides with Blaine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/8/2013, 1:13 pm

I will scream if they turn Burt into yet another Blaine fan and against his own son. They wouldn't stoop that low, would they? unsure

I thought "How Will I Know" was a masterpeice. I'm so excited for "At The Ballet" now.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/8/2013, 1:25 pm

The only song I like this week is "Your Song", and only because I have a soft spot for Elton John. Ellie Goulding's cover is a lot better than Glee's, though.

Glorfindel wrote:
I've already read comments on that it's only fair Blaine sings the majority in 'Say', because the poor lad doesn't get to sing enough in the next episodes. crycry

'Say' is nothing more than a Blaine solo disguised as a group number.

.......have some people seriously been saying that? dryy I know Blaine stans who are much more considerate and fair than that, but it's still disappointing that some of his stans are so selfish, when Blaine's had more songs than anyone this season, solos included.

Hi! You don't have to apologize for long posts, we love long posts, and you had great things to say. Smile

I think most of us here share your exact same frustrations. I'm also a little terrified about what's going to happen in the final two episodes of this season. Not enough to not still be excited that Kurt's getting a storyline, a solo, and screentime with his dad, but I am very nervous about how the Klaine of it all is going to go down. There's only one thing that the writers can do to make me like Blaine and Klaine again - have Blaine actually earn back Kurt's affection and trust, actually put forth some effort into making things right between them and pursuing him once he gets to New York - and so far, the writers have done none of that. Instead he's crushed on Sam and sang a ton of songs and had no real development whatsoever, and only remembers Kurt when he's in front of his face.

As things stand now, I'd hate for Klaine to be reunited. I could stomach a few sweet scenes that may draw them closer to a reconciliation, but a full-on getting back together would make me angry and bitter. It's too soon. They've barely talked about their problems, and there's been no real growth or attempt to make amends on Blaine's end, and the last we knew, Kurt was still hurt and uncertain and desperately wanted to move on. Nothing's happened between then and, from what we know, 4x21 to make me think Kurt's heart is healed and he's ready to try again, nor has Blaine shown or proven he can be devoted to Kurt and be trusted and stay faithful - him suddenly wanting Sam, instead of remaining true to Kurt, actually shows the opposite.

Then there's the Adam of it all. I'll be crushingly disappointed if RIB doesn't give Kurt the dignity of a real midgame relationship, and sweeping Adam under the rug after two episodes, no songs, and not even a kiss would be telling me they don't respect Kurt or his story enough to treat him right and tell it well. I want Blaine to go to NYC in Season 5 and for there to be a real Adam/Kurt/Blaine triangle. That's pretty much the only thing that'd make me happy but as things are going, it won't happen. And now Adam's vanished for the rest of the season, and as you said, we have no idea what on earth happened to him or whether Kadam ever truly were a couple or not. We just don't know. suure

In Burt's case, I hope he doesn't know. Kurt often keeps secrets from his Dad, if he thinks they'll hurt him or bother him; Kurt bottles up his pain and tries to keep it hidden. He tries to deal with his suffering on his own, for better or worse. I wouldn't be surprised if only Rachel and Finn know Kurt's side of the story about the cheating, and only because they were there that night when Blaine told him. So I hope Burt is completely in the dark about it. Otherwise, it's true that I can't think of a single real parent who would still act so chummy with his son's ex-boyfriend, knowing he cheated on him and broke his heart. Even if Burt really liked Blaine, I'd imagine he wouldn't spend time with him anymore for Kurt's sake. I can't imagine any parent who would put their liking of a boyfriend/girlfriend over their own kid's feelings in the matter. And even now that Kurt and Blaine are somewhat friends again, I don't know anyone who hangs out with just their friend's parents alone, without their friend being there..... unsure

-------

https://chriscolferfanforum.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=468
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40