Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

+33
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Catt24
dap1217
CloveGlee
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
opals
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
msjoanlucette
Ireth
Buenos
Sani
Delight
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
FunnyLady
brisallie
arina
zuppid
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Ranwing
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
37 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  tamara04 10/11/2012, 10:24 pm

OMG that would be THE PERFECT SONG!! And when he sings the line
"When I’m standing on the freeway
With my hair blowing in the wind
Maybe one day soon I’ll make it
Where I’ve never been"
they should have him stand somewhere with the wind blowing through his hair and making it look even hotter than it usually is.
Sigh. wub
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 37 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  valkeakuulas 10/12/2012, 3:09 am

withawhimper wrote:Hi. Long-time lurker, first time poster.

If the song that Chris tweeted about, is indeed a Scissor Sisters song, then I would love it to be Year of Living Dangerously. It fits Kurt's situation right now perfectly and it would give him a chance to express how he is feeling about it.

Unfortunately it'll probably never happen. They'll have him sing a content-less song like Let's Have a Kiki. dryy

Living dangerously would be perfect, any Scissor Sisters would be perfect, but like you said, not getting any hopes up. All of my personal music favorites featured on Glee have been a bit of a hit and miss and Sisters and Mika have yet to be done and I want Chris to do both. (Re-reading made that sound dirty, sorry!) tonguue

Some of Scissor Sisters song are quite the double meaning packets without swearwords, so essentially perfect for Glee but will see. Or might they be too sexual?

If Chris likes what ever song they're doing I am happy!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/12/2012, 3:22 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Well, look what Mr. Colfer just tweeted!

Scissor Sisters?

ETA: Actually, rereading it, this may not be a spoiler. Is he just singing backup on a song by the band? Or is he recording this for Glee?

Jellyrolls wrote:And look what Lea just tweeted:

So, that answers my question above. Chris was definitely there for Glee, but it's with Lea and SJP.

Isn't episode 7 the Thanksgiving episode? There was something about Thanksgiving in the spoilers, but there was nothing Kurt and Rachel. I thought they won't be in the episode at all. Maybe the song is for episode 8.
I wonder if there is a chance that Lea and Chris are talking about two different songs. One group number with Rachel, Kurt and Isabelle and one solo for Kurt. Probably not. It would be too good.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/12/2012, 5:58 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 37 Tumblr_mbmxilkgqs1r1x6hno1_500

This is all I want to say.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/12/2012, 6:19 am

withawhimper wrote:Hi. Long-time lurker, first time poster.

If the song that Chris tweeted about, is indeed a Scissor Sisters song, then I would love it to be Year of Living Dangerously. It fits Kurt's situation right now perfectly and it would give him a chance to express how he is feeling about it.

Here are the lyrics:

Tell me what does it mean to be faithful
Is a heart only made for beats
Just another word for painful

So I try to slow down, the brake’s broken
There’s no way to jump out of here
All these conversations unspoken

So I keep searching
For everything I’ll ever be
Never seem to learn
What I can hardly ever see

This is my life, this is my dream
This is my belief, it’s my fantasy
I still haven’t found what’s gonna set me free
This is my year of living dangerously

Now I can’t turn around
What’s done is done
There are words that you can’t take back
When you say them to someone
(What’s done is done, what’s done is done)

Now you sound like a Redwood falling
With nobody around to hear,
I’m out of here you’re stalling

When I’m standing on the freeway
With my hair blowing in the wind
Maybe one day soon I’ll make it
Where I’ve never been

This is my time, just let me be
This is my design, it comes naturally
I still gotta find what’s gonna set me free

Ain’t gonna stop for nobody, no one
Ain’t slowing down and it’s not my problem now
Ain’t nothing left you can sell me, tell me
I’ve done my best, aw feet don’t fail me now

This is my time, just let me be
This is my design, it comes naturally
I still gotta find what’s gonna set me free

Unfortunately it'll probably never happen. They'll have him sing a content-less song like Let's Have a Kiki. dryy

Welcome to posting, withawhimper! Smile Posting is a lot more fun than lurking!

I hope you're right about the song. I wonder if the scissor sisters thing is going to be the song with Isabelle and Rachel, or if maybe, just maybe they could have had him in for two songs yesterday. Could this song work as a trio? And is it a "fun" song as Lea said it would be.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/12/2012, 6:27 am

sheny wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Well, look what Mr. Colfer just tweeted!

Scissor Sisters?

ETA: Actually, rereading it, this may not be a spoiler. Is he just singing backup on a song by the band? Or is he recording this for Glee?

Jellyrolls wrote:And look what Lea just tweeted:

So, that answers my question above. Chris was definitely there for Glee, but it's with Lea and SJP.

Isn't episode 7 the Thanksgiving episode? There was something about Thanksgiving in the spoilers, but there was nothing Kurt and Rachel. I thought they won't be in the episode at all. Maybe the song is for episode 8.
I wonder if there is a chance that Lea and Chris are talking about two different songs. One group number with Rachel, Kurt and Isabelle and one solo for Kurt. Probably not. It would be too good.

It could just be that we haven't heard any Kurt and and Rachel spoilers yet for the Thanksgiving episode. I would think that Lea wouldn't have tweeted that it was for the Thanksgiving episode if it wasn't. And episode seven would have it fall right on Thanksgiving day.

At any rate, Chris was in the studio!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 10/12/2012, 8:06 am

Ranwing wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 37 Tumblr_mbmxilkgqs1r1x6hno1_500

lol can we tweet this picture to the writers? we could put a hashtag like #evenMercedesagrees or something like that.lol
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/12/2012, 2:22 pm

Let's wait for after Kurt applies again to NYADA, because supposedly there would be a solo attached to that. We want someone actually perhaps a little random, not Kurt has a huge moment, so we finally have to let him sing.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 10/12/2012, 4:14 pm

Ranwing wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 37 Tumblr_mbmxilkgqs1r1x6hno1_500

Amen. Boy, that is really a great pic. I might tweet it to the writers with the hashtag #MoreSong
s4Kurt.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/12/2012, 8:11 pm

I find it depressing that we are looking at another NYADA audition to see Kurt get a number. That's Dejah vuh with last year and the whole NYADA arc. :(
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/13/2012, 7:37 am

^This, and his NYADA audition will probably get snowed under by the Winter Showcase (or however that concert at NYADA is called) Rachel is of course being allowed to get to sing at, not to mention the unavoidable zagillionst Blaine and newbies songs in the same episode. dryy

Also: obligatory rage that Rachel is being inserted in another SJP/Chris song.
I could rant about that, but I don't have the energy anymore and Glee is going to the dogs anyway.
smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 10/13/2012, 8:07 am

If they give the all songs too Darren of course he is going to be the best selling dryy

People do not have more choices saispa

Perhaps this is why the sale of Glee music is declining sifflou
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 10/13/2012, 9:26 am

banzai yep, Darren seems to be a human juke-box , and the same was for Naya last year.
The songs have no deeply connection with the plot, at all.
An honest and emotional scene like the Kurt-Burt's scene and I want to hold your hand it would be impossibile now, and certainly no one could compete with Chris' acting

Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/13/2012, 10:33 am

One of the comments I read in the GF thread wasa comment of Blaine singing about important moments in other character's lifes. Signing Cough Syrup while Karofsky attempted suicide was one of the examples brought up. It was quickly pointed out that Karfosky couldn't sing for himself so someone else had to do it.

First of all, why couldn't Max sing? He's a show choir vet himself so he's got some singing ability. It was just never tapped on the show. And even an imperfect performance by Max about the feelings his own character was going through would have had a ton more emotional impact than having a character that had no real emotional connection to him narrating his emotional storyline. Max likely could have pulled that off fine by himself.

Now if the show continued on it's decision to have somone else sing about what was going on with Karofsky, shouldn't it have been someone that Karofsky had a strong connection so that this second-hand storytelling make some kind of point? Someone like Kurt, who was both the focus of Karofsky's bullying and affection? That would have made a lot more dramatic sense to me. Instead the person that Karofsky had the strongest bond to was reduced to a passive observor while Blaine sang yet another solo and the moment became about Blaine and not about Karofsky.

The Itunes sales numbers get trotted out regularly to justify why some performers get so many solos vs others and yes, Darren's solos sell very well for the most part. So do Lea's. And Naya's. Which is why the three of them get such heavy focus vocally (Naya after the breakthrough Adele cover). The problem? It's easy to skew the numbers when you consider that they often sell well because they 1) are getting the popular songs to cover and 2) get the majority of performances in each episodes so they've got the chance to have the biggest numbers. In an epside like Big Brother when Darren got 3 major performances (one solo and two duets) is it any surprise that he'd post the biggest sales? Not any more than when Lea had the most performances per ep and posted the biggest numbers. If that's all that's being marketed, then that's what will sell. If there was an ep where we had nothing but Artie (or Kurt or Will) doing the singing, they'd produce the best selling singles for that episode.

Lastly, there was a time when solos were used to drive the storyline and allow the characters to express their POV. That is no longer the case. Kurt hasn't been allowed to express his POV in song since season 2. There were numerous times when Kurt (and other characters) should have had solos to move their storylines and instead we got more Rachel or Blaine solos as filler. One of the biggest complaints that I had is that so many Blaine solos in particular had little if anything to do with moving the storyline forward. You Should Be Dancing is a prime example. So was his solo at the begining of Michael. Neither of them had any impact on the action of the episodes. They were just there to give him at least one solo. And it still grates on me that the one member of the cast who can carry off a Bee Gees song was all but completely silenced vocally while Blaine got another superfluous solo.

I'm not asking or expecting to see Kurt/Chris sing in every single episode. He's not considered (for whatever inexplicable reason that the showrunners have) one of the top singers. But what I do expect and demand is that when it makes sense for Kurt to be singing about what he is going through and moments that are important to his storyline that he actually be allowed to. If he was feeling sufficated in Lima at the begining of season 4,then he should have been able to express that. Instead we get a solo from Blaine (complete with back up performers, jump ropers and Cheerios) to push Kurt into moving on. There was no point to Blaine singing at that moment except to feed the Blaine stans.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/13/2012, 10:59 am

Buenos wrote:I find it depressing that we are looking at another NYADA audition to see Kurt get a number. That's Dejah vuh with last year and the whole NYADA arc. :(

I'm expecting the next Kurt's solo to be either a possible NYADA audition solo, or a sing-to-Blaine solo like 'I Have Nothing'. Given those contexts, I can't say that I'm excited about either (watching Kurt audition for NYADA again would just reopen old wounds from last season; having Kurt sing any kind of 'I love you / Please take me back' love song to Blaine at this point just makes me want to smash things). But beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

At the way the season had thus far unfolded, I think we'll be lucky to hear Kurt sing a 15 second solo line every 4 episodes or so. He doesn't even get a duet unless it's with Blaine now.

Glorfindel wrote:I could rant about that, but I don't have the energy anymore and Glee is going to the dogs anyway.
smajli

I think it's wise that you've decided to save your energy.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/13/2012, 11:17 am

Ranwing wrote:One of the comments I read in the GF thread wasa comment of Blaine singing about important moments in other character's lifes. Signing Cough Syrup while Karofsky attempted suicide was one of the examples brought up. It was quickly pointed out that Karfosky couldn't sing for himself so someone else had to do it.

First of all, why couldn't Max sing? He's a show choir vet himself so he's got some singing ability. It was just never tapped on the show. And even an imperfect performance by Max about the feelings his own character was going through would have had a ton more emotional impact than having a character that had no real emotional connection to him narrating his emotional storyline. Max likely could have pulled that off fine by himself.

Now if the show continued on it's decision to have somone else sing about what was going on with Karofsky, shouldn't it have been someone that Karofsky had a strong connection so that this second-hand storytelling make some kind of point? Someone like Kurt, who was both the focus of Karofsky's bullying and affection? That would have made a lot more dramatic sense to me. Instead the person that Karofsky had the strongest bond to was reduced to a passive observor while Blaine sang yet another solo and the moment became about Blaine and not about Karofsky.

The Itunes sales numbers get trotted out regularly to justify why some performers get so many solos vs others and yes, Darren's solos sell very well for the most part. So do Lea's. And Naya's. Which is why the three of them get such heavy focus vocally (Naya after the breakthrough Adele cover). The problem? It's easy to skew the numbers when you consider that they often sell well because they 1) are getting the popular songs to cover and 2) get the majority of performances in each episodes so they've got the chance to have the biggest numbers. In an epside like Big Brother when Darren got 3 major performances (one solo and two duets) is it any surprise that he'd post the biggest sales? Not any more than when Lea had the most performances per ep and posted the biggest numbers. If that's all that's being marketed, then that's what will sell. If there was an ep where we had nothing but Artie (or Kurt or Will) doing the singing, they'd produce the best selling singles for that episode.

Lastly, there was a time when solos were used to drive the storyline and allow the characters to express their POV. That is no longer the case. Kurt hasn't been allowed to express his POV in song since season 2. There were numerous times when Kurt (and other characters) should have had solos to move their storylines and instead we got more Rachel or Blaine solos as filler. One of the biggest complaints that I had is that so many Blaine solos in particular had little if anything to do with moving the storyline forward. You Should Be Dancing is a prime example. So was his solo at the begining of Michael. Neither of them had any impact on the action of the episodes. They were just there to give him at least one solo. And it still grates on me that the one member of the cast who can carry off a Bee Gees song was all but completely silenced vocally while Blaine got another superfluous solo.

I'm not asking or expecting to see Kurt/Chris sing in every single episode. He's not considered (for whatever inexplicable reason that the showrunners have) one of the top singers. But what I do expect and demand is that when it makes sense for Kurt to be singing about what he is going through and moments that are important to his storyline that he actually be allowed to. If he was feeling sufficated in Lima at the begining of season 4,then he should have been able to express that. Instead we get a solo from Blaine (complete with back up performers, jump ropers and Cheerios) to push Kurt into moving on. There was no point to Blaine singing at that moment except to feed the Blaine stans.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 37 Likeicon
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/13/2012, 5:09 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 37 Tumblr_mbtihxhVvz1ql1znmo2_1280
(Oh, I miss the old gang. crycry)

This is apparently for the Thanksgiving episode. All graduates are back in Lima, except Kurt and Rachel.

So Kurt and Rachel are spending Thanksgiving in New York?
(After flying back to Lima only to see the school musical ?! WTF!?!) blinkk

Speculation? Kurt and Rachel go to Vogue's Thanksgiving party (if the party spoiler is true), and that's where they have their duet/trio song with Isabelle.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/13/2012, 5:43 pm

That is a nice reminder of what the College Years could have been. Shi*! I feel slightly bad for not even wanting to like the new kids, and I'm sure the actors playing the kids are nice, but this "old" gang was something I've spent three years watching and it's a shame we're now getting scraps.

TBH if I was Kurt I would stay out of Lima for some time inorder not to run into Blaine, which leads me to another dread: if something bad happens during their Grease visit at McKinley, like Blaine getting all the sympathy and Kurt being turned as the bad guy for some reason or another which would be so wrong but so Glee. Besides Burt is a congressman, he and Carole can easily spend Thanksgiving where ever they wish now that both of their kids are adults and living, in Finn's case presumably, on their own.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/13/2012, 6:30 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:That is a nice reminder of what the College Years could have been. Shi*! I feel slightly bad for not even wanting to like the new kids, and I'm sure the actors playing the kids are nice, but this "old" gang was something I've spent three years watching and it's a shame we're now getting scraps.
I know !!! crycry

TBH if I was Kurt I would stay out of Lima for some time inorder not to run into Blaine, which leads me to another dread: if something bad happens during their Grease visit at McKinley, like Blaine getting all the sympathy and Kurt being turned as the bad guy for some reason or another which would be so wrong but so Glee.
If the script bit of 4x07 that got spoiled is true Blaine says that Kurt refuses to speak to him.
This means that when Kurt is back in Lima to see Grease in 4x05/4x06? (still not over the fact that Kurt would fly back to Lima for a school musical ?!?) he does not speak with Blaine.
But there could be a scene where Kurt ignores Blaine or gives him the cold shoulder, and the sympathy votes will be screwed/twisted to be for woobie Blaine: expect that to happen, yes. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/13/2012, 7:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 37 Tumblr_mbtihxhVvz1ql1znmo2_1280
(Oh, I miss the old gang. crycry)

Miss them too crycry and I want Kurt and Rachel in this picture. How is possible they're spending Thanksgiving in NY? Though by other side they're having a duet with Isabelle.

Anyway,as valkeakuulas said this pic gave us an idea of what College Year could have been and I dont know if I'm a silly girl or a dreamer but if there's any slightly possibility for Glee to have a season five (is that possible?) I really wanna see the College Years, at least as finale season.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/13/2012, 7:29 pm

Just in case someone needed a dose of pretty to make up for the crappy spoilers we've been getting.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 37 Tumblr_mbtkl2t0531rgfzpmo1_500

I just can't stop looking his eyes. There's so mesmerizing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 10/13/2012, 8:28 pm

Ranwing wrote:Just in case someone needed a dose of pretty to make up for the crappy spoilers we've been getting.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 37 Tumblr_mbtkl2t0531rgfzpmo1_500

I just can't stop looking his eyes. There's so mesmerizing.

wub
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 10/13/2012, 8:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
But there could be a scene where Kurt ignores Blaine or gives him the cold shoulder, and the sympathy votes will be screwed/twisted to be for woobie Blaine: expect that to happen, yes. Evil or Very Mad

vomir hell to the no! Evil or Very Mad
Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/13/2012, 9:51 pm

good thing high school's over for the people in that group shot. they all look like they just finished collage at least. that is, they all really look their age.

haven't been around a few days. am in a middle of a once upon a time marathon (have to rewatch the show to be able to properly fallow the new episodes. so much detail and continuity, it's unbelievable i can stand watching the chaos that is glee as well.)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 10/13/2012, 10:16 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

I could see them doing this, but in a way that could make Kurt still sympathetic, too. Let's say Kurt ignores Blaine and walks right past him when Blaine tries to talk to him - at first the camera can show Blaine looking hurt, but then the camera can follow Kurt as he leaves Blaine behind, and show that there's tears in his eyes even as he walks away, head held high, because the silent treatment is hurting Kurt too, but he doesn't know what else to do. He doesn't even have to cry; I trust Chris to show a complex mix of devastation and misery and hurt over Kurt feeling the need to do that, because Kurt can't bear to trust Blaine right now, can't trust himself to not break down in front of him. So he walks away instead of face him.

At least, if Glee did a scene like that, I hope RIB would do something like this, so there'll be sympathy on both sides.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next