Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

+28
msjoanlucette
happydays
emilynna
ladydianab
Sani
Keyser
FunnyLady
opals
bayth
M&M
Buenos
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Divalicious
BlueJazz
Ranwing
Delight
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
32 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  bayth 8/19/2012, 3:49 pm

"Nanananananananana, Batman"?

The Glee actors in it: Jane, Matt, Lea, Cory, Naya, Darren and Chris. That should say a lot about who are the faces of Glee (for season 4).

Also in the video are the actors who play Puck's brother (Jake) and Marley, aka the new Rachel (she's the Rachel clone that gets slushied in the new promo).
Interesting that these actors get screentime in the campaign, when some of the old cast who are still regulars in Glee (Kevin, Jenna, Heather) don't.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  brisallie 8/19/2012, 7:51 pm

Glorfindel wrote:That club does come awfully close to what the Starkids did:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 18 Tumblr_m2hxy576wW1r3pz0yo1_500

Also: Darren, Kevin and Chris are known for their love for super heroes.
RIB is feeding off of their actors' real life once again, I guess. unsure

What?! Starkids did the same? ... Ok I smell RIB probably took the idea from it and what a coincidence that Darren was/is a starkid.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/19/2012, 10:57 pm

Glorfindel wrote:This is the video of the Fox Image Campaign:

The Glee actors in it: Jane, Matt, Lea, Cory, Naya, Darren and Chris. That should say a lot about who are the faces of Glee (for season 4).

Also in the video are the actors who play Puck's brother (Jake) and Marley, aka the new Rachel (she's the Rachel clone that gets slushied in the new promo).
Interesting that these actors get screentime in the campaign, when some of the old cast who are still regulars in Glee (Kevin, Jenna, Heather) don't.

Chris looks really really good on this still to start the video.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/19/2012, 11:16 pm

RIB is feeding off of their actors' real life once again, I guess. unsure

Ugh.

Watch Ryan put one of the starkids songs in the episode. He let Matt have an original song? Why not left Darren promote starkids on the show.

Seriously, though, someone give RIB and the writers a freaking imagination!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/20/2012, 12:14 am

tanita_mors wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 18 Tumblr_m90k79ibnB1qmahjuo1_500

Apparently it's some kind of superhero sidekick club. It's like a huge stone fell of my chest. If it's cracktastic as it can be, I could love that little plot. I love superheroes. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 18 1277631452

So Blaine is going to dorky like Sam. That should get rid of the Prince Charming tag. I hope they keep with this and make Blaine even more dorky.

I could live with a friendship between Sam and Blaine. Though it should have been Sam and Kurt friendship but they never followed up on that. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 18 357632081
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/20/2012, 12:16 am

Jellyrolls wrote:

RIB is feeding off of their actors' real life once again, I guess. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 18 2176491633

Ugh.

Watch Ryan put one of the starkids songs in the episode. He let Matt have an original song? Why not left Darren promote starkids on the show.

Seriously, though, someone give RIB and the writers a freaking imagination!

I think they are doing one of Chord's song in one of the episodes. I remember he mentioned about it in an interview when he became a regular. I think he said they were doing it as a group number.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/20/2012, 12:19 am

^ isn't that a brittany spears song?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/20/2012, 12:34 am

fantastica wrote:^ isn't that a brittany spears song?

I don't know which episode his song is in.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/20/2012, 10:36 am

ColferInspired wrote:So Blaine is going to dorky like Sam. That should get rid of the Prince Charming tag. I hope they keep with this and make Blaine even more dorky.

I could live with a friendship between Sam and Blaine. Though it should have been Sam and Kurt friendship but they never followed up on that. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 18 357632081

I always took Blaine to be an inner dork, his dapper exterior nonwithstanding. Between the derp faces that he made on a fairly regular basis, him dancing around his bedroom to Roxy Music when he should have been seriously making out with his very attractive BF and his wardrobe, Blaine is very much a dork. A lovable dork at times, but still clearly a dork.

I agree that it's a shame that the relationship with Kurt and Sam wasn't allowed to develop more. My headcannon says that they are friends, as he's the one guy who immediately came to Kurt's defence against Karofsky and given that he was living in the Hudmel house. He always came across as the most gay-friendly of the guys. It's just a damn shame that we didn't see more of it on the screen. I would have happily sacrificed a few of the Hummelberry scenes (which now leave a bad taste in my mouth) to have gone some nice Hevens friendship scenes. But I guess that given the cast bloat, they just didn't have screen time to devote to what I always took to be a nice, low key friendship.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/20/2012, 12:08 pm

I don't like that suddenly they have decided to develop Sam and Blaine friendship when they could have done that with Kurt and Sam instead. In my headcanon they're friends too, actually we saw a small interaction between them during Dance with Somebody, when Kurt was texting Chandler; probably it was more Chris and Chord but anyway still I want to see that friendship.

...But what am I asking for? I feel they only friendship they have developed is with Rachel and I still thinking they ruined it...sort of. What happened with Finn and Mercedes?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/20/2012, 12:46 pm

Don't get me start on Kurt's friendship, I love Kurtcedes, the writers totally forgot about them (they rememberd just once when they needed them for Unique storyline), I love Furt, but this relationship does not exist on Glee anymore either, I love Kurt's interaction with Artie and Tina but that ended after season 1, Kurt borrowed Sam his clothes, Sam then lived in the same house, so I hoped for some Kurt and Sam friedship, but the writers didnt get us anything. Basically the only friendship I am not big fan is Hummelberry (I prefer their dynamic in season one and in the beginning of season two, their friendship is too sugary and overdramatic for me) and what I got in season three? Hummelberry, Hummelberry and Hummelberry again. It's not that bad for Rachel, she got other scenes with Finn, Quinn, Tina, Santana etc., but Kurt got primarily just scenes with Blaine and Rachel and yeah...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/20/2012, 1:53 pm

Kurt's relationship with Mercedes started to sour on me in Grilled Cheezus. I understand completely where Mercedes was coming from, but when your best friend may possibly lose his only living parent, you need to step back from what makes you feel better (in Mercedes's case, prayer) and respect your friend's wishes and do what will make him feel better. Take him to dinner, do his laundry, sit and watch tv with him... do whatever you can to make this a bit easier for him. But instead we had Mercedes (along with the other dimwits in ND) making it harder on Kurt. I wanted to throttle her by the end of the episode.

And it also bugged me that when Mercedes ditched ND to join up with Shelby, did she ask her supposedly best friend who never got featured in ND to go along with her? No, she asks Santana and makes it a girl power thing. So she and Santana and Brittany (the worst singer in ND) get featured in competition while Kurt gets nothing.

We're right now having an argument on TWOP (cloaked as a very politely worded discussion) about Rachel not having any meaningful interactions with certain characters (basically a Rachel stan was musing that it's a shame that they didn't have her interact more with Sebastian - he would have found it interesting). Basically, some feel that Rachel must have a relationship with every introduced character and they bemoan the fact that no one in Rachel's circle puts her first. Apparently they missed the Rachel Berry Ass Kissing Festival that comprised the last five episodes of season 3. Or that Rachel has had more meaningful interactions with pretty much all characters during the course of the show.

Now I understand that given the huge cast (and it's only getting bigger) that Kurt can't really interact with everyone that I think he should. A friendship with Sam to me was logical given how they got started and I really, really would have liked one of the guys to embrace Kurt as a bro and not be scared off by the Gay. Unfortunately the show got way, way too invested in Hummelberry and except for Blaine (and to a lesser degree Finn and Brittany), Kurt really didn't have too much interaction with the other members of ND this past season. We've spoken about how he was excluded from all bro-related activities and we saw Kurt having a couple of things with the girls but for the most part, Kurt was tied to Rachel.

There were a number of things that given Kurt's past relationships with members of ND that I would have loved to see explored. For example, Kurt never had a discussion with Artie about why he was judged so inappropriate for any meaningful part in WSS (and to maybe call Artie out on his hypocrasy for judging someone from a pre-conceived notion of what they could do). I would have liked to see Kurt really interact with Santana when she came out, and help her get through those first difficult days (as well as having him absolutely blast Finn for outing her). I would like to have seen some interaction with Karofsky following his suicide attempt. And I would like to have seen some real brotherly moments with Finn.

In a way, I can understand why they are having some Sam/Blaine bonding. Right now they (and Artie) are the last of the guys in ND and are all seniors. It's kind of natural that they would become a bit closer. Kurt's relationship with Sam (and others) was partly hurt by the overflow of Hummelberry, but it was also due to just too many damn characters. Now that ND has been cut down to the bare bones, it's just easier to link characters together.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/20/2012, 2:31 pm

Ranwing wrote:Kurt's relationship with Mercedes started to sour on me in Grilled Cheezus. I understand completely where Mercedes was coming from, but when your best friend may possibly lose his only living parent, you need to step back from what makes you feel better (in Mercedes's case, prayer) and respect your friend's wishes and do what will make him feel better. Take him to dinner, do his laundry, sit and watch tv with him... do whatever you can to make this a bit easier for him. But instead we had Mercedes (along with the other dimwits in ND) making it harder on Kurt. I wanted to throttle her by the end of the episode.

And it also bugged me that when Mercedes ditched ND to join up with Shelby, did she ask her supposedly best friend who never got featured in ND to go along with her? No, she asks Santana and makes it a girl power thing. So she and Santana and Brittany (the worst singer in ND) get featured in competition while Kurt gets nothing.

We're right now having an argument on TWOP (cloaked as a very politely worded discussion) about Rachel not having any meaningful interactions with certain characters (basically a Rachel stan was musing that it's a shame that they didn't have her interact more with Sebastian - he would have found it interesting). Basically, some feel that Rachel must have a relationship with every introduced character and they bemoan the fact that no one in Rachel's circle puts her first. Apparently they missed the Rachel Berry Ass Kissing Festival that comprised the last five episodes of season 3. Or that Rachel has had more meaningful interactions with pretty much all characters during the course of the show.

Now I understand that given the huge cast (and it's only getting bigger) that Kurt can't really interact with everyone that I think he should. A friendship with Sam to me was logical given how they got started and I really, really would have liked one of the guys to embrace Kurt as a bro and not be scared off by the Gay. Unfortunately the show got way, way too invested in Hummelberry and except for Blaine (and to a lesser degree Finn and Brittany), Kurt really didn't have too much interaction with the other members of ND this past season. We've spoken about how he was excluded from all bro-related activities and we saw Kurt having a couple of things with the girls but for the most part, Kurt was tied to Rachel.

There were a number of things that given Kurt's past relationships with members of ND that I would have loved to see explored. For example, Kurt never had a discussion with Artie about why he was judged so inappropriate for any meaningful part in WSS (and to maybe call Artie out on his hypocrasy for judging someone from a pre-conceived notion of what they could do). I would have liked to see Kurt really interact with Santana when she came out, and help her get through those first difficult days (as well as having him absolutely blast Finn for outing her). I would like to have seen some interaction with Karofsky following his suicide attempt. And I would like to have seen some real brotherly moments with Finn.

In a way, I can understand why they are having some Sam/Blaine bonding. Right now they (and Artie) are the last of the guys in ND and are all seniors. It's kind of natural that they would become a bit closer. Kurt's relationship with Sam (and others) was partly hurt by the overflow of Hummelberry, but it was also due to just too many damn characters. Now that ND has been cut down to the bare bones, it's just easier to link characters together.
I loved Kurtcedes in season 1, how she was the first person he came out to, their cheerleaders period, their scene with Sue' s office are unforgettable for me....with Mercedes they were superior and so funny to watch imo... I loved the Muppet babies, I miss the time where Kurt was part of the team and not just a part of Hummelberry. But in season two Kurtcedes got weird and then weirder and then disappeared.... I know there are a lot of characters, but still... Kurt had good screentime but 90 % of it spent just with two the same people... I didn't need a big storylines with everyone, but just now and then instead of being with Rachel he could be part of the bro scene, have some brotherly scene with Finn...or just doing anything interesting with other people (I like your idea about conversation with Artie or Santana)... Well, now it's to late for that... at least I can still hope for some Furt in the future.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/20/2012, 2:57 pm

I agree that now the mostly silent but singing remainders in ND will finally have to carry storylines. They have to work on friendships, which should have been the focus all along, not all this romantic triangle sturm und drang that was repeated over and over again.

I will always bemoan the fact that Kurt was so insulated in his friendships, and in his last season really only spoke with Rachel, occasionally his boyfriend, and rarely his brother. Kurt is so different than all the other boys it would have been fun to see how they viewed Kurt, other than Puck telling Kurt to go sing with the "Garblers" and Artie thinking he can't pass. But Kurt still dedicated a song to them. Whatever. Having Sam, a total jock, being good friends with an effeminate gay boy would have been something different. Blaine is just going to be another "bro", nothing new here, move along.

One of my personal dreams, and therefore will never happen, is a model doesn't show up for a photo shoot, background stuff, and Kurt is shanghaied to fill out the background. The photographer realizes the camera loves Kurt and gives him his own set. Kurt, all excited about being able to keep the clothes he did the photo shoot in, calls Blaine. Blaine then pulls up the pictures on-line or in magazine form and we see Kurt posing very sexy and gorgeous. I want ND speechless in admiration, and Blaine to spend the rest of the episode fuming over everyone pouring over said pictures. Sigh. Why can't we have relationship difficulties that don't include other guys being interested in Blaine?

Back to the real world.

The writers haphazardly include story along with the desired songs they wish to include. Mercedes was also a victim of this, so instead of supporting her friend Kurt in a way he needed, it was all to showcase her singing voice. Which is why Glee will always seem to have bad writing. It is hard to thematically include so many songs. I know it is about Glee, but the theory is Glee is opening yourself to joy, not just singing about it. There is joy in friendships, and helping friends accomplish things, but those don't sell ITunes.

The writers biggest weakness is keeping the characters consistent and plan songs that way. That is why their good actors really shine in comparison to the mediocre. Somehow they make it all make sense. Or in the case of Rachel, it is more, Rachel must sing, and these are her 2-3 songs this episode. I just shine on her singing anymore, and find myself fast forwarding on DVD. Too, Too, TOOOOO much Rachel singing. The amount she sings doesn't even make sense anymore to her story, it's more like they give her story to give her a reason to sing. Kurt gets story, but others, like Blaine, sing to him. I am sure if they could figure out how to include Santana or Rachel singing the apology song to Blaine in the Whitney episode they would have.

With a writers shake up, considering those that left, perhaps they will finally get down to giving strong story to the better actors, and give FOX a reason to pick them up for season 5. As long as Kurt is on the cast, I will tune in, likely I will also complain, but some Chris is better than no Chris. With Chris' desire to create, I see him more and more seeking the development, creative side of things, and less acting. I hope I am wrong, but we have to get all the on-screen goodness we can.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/20/2012, 3:00 pm

Divalicious: I agree with you completely,

I am sure if they could figure out how to include Santana or Rachel singing the apology song to Blaine in the Whitney episode they would have. - I know it's not funny, but I can't help but laugh, but it's so true!

Vulture Visits Glee Set, Finds Show Not-So-Secretly Morphing Into the Fabled Rachel and Kurt Spin-off
On Vulture’s visit to Paramount’s Glee soundstage last week, all signs suggested that the upcoming fourth season is shaping itself into the spin-off that never was, with new NYC sets erected to accommodate the split-off storylines of McKinley grads Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Rachel (Lea Michele), which will now make up at least half of the show. On a brief tour of all things East Coast, we saw the spacious loft with exposed-brick walls where — spoiler alert! — soon-to-be-roomies Rachel and Kurt will live. When the season begins, Rachel will already be struggling in a sea of superstars at the fictional New York Academy of the Dramatic Arts (for which there is a fancy dance-studio set), and Kurt, bored and aimless in Ohio, will wind up in New York as an intern at Vogue.com. They’ll decide to bunk together somewhere in Brooklyn (probably Bushwick given Glee boss Ryan Murphy’s Girls fixation) and Rachel will trade in her schoolgirl skirts and knee-highs for something edgier and fashion-forward (thanks to an assist from Kurt’s Vogue mentor Isabelle Klempt, played by Sarah Jessica Parker.)
It’s a big leap for the Broadway-obsessed BFFs, but also for Glee as it heads into what is arguably a make-or-break season. When the series returns to Fox on Thursday, September 13, it will be airing on a new night, in a new 9 o’clock timeslot, and — the most risky gambit of all — episodes will be split between The Rachel and Kurt Show in New York and the kids who have yet to graduate back at McKinley High School. As we wandered around the just-built New York sets, we noted the casualties of the experimental “show within a show” format: Mr. Schuester’s apartment has been taken down for the time being, and McKinley’s teacher’s lounge has shrunk in size, though the latter won’t be noticeable to viewers. The stories of the adult characters will be less of a focal point (as much as Sue Sylvester with a baby can be) and, as Murphy warned us back in May, half of the graduates won’t be back except for holidays and other major events. Even Finn and Santana — characters who aren’t in Ohio or New York — will be used very sparingly in the first four episodes.
In their new dominant locale, Rachel and Kurt will do some heavy-duty post-grad growing up. We observed Lea Michele performing a slinky version of Britney Spears’s “Oops! I Did it Again.” (Making sure this is not interpreted as a teenybopper number, early in the song a hunky young dude grabbed Michele from behind and his hands headed downtown. Oops.) The number, a part of the show’s second tribute to Spears, is meant to prove to Rachel’s nasty dance instructor Cassandra July (played by Kate Hudson) that she can raunch it up with the best of them. “I do have it in me to be sexy,” Rachel says in the scene. “Sexy enough to play Evita. And Roxie. And Charity.” The guy with his paws all over her is Dean Geyer, whose character Brody is a NYADA classmate she’s recruited to help heat up the Fosse-esque routine. He also has the hots for her, and that helps with the choreography, which includes some suggestive humping, her from atop a table and him from underneath it. (Finally, all that “Push It” training has paid off!)
“New York’s cooler, the stakes are a little higher. It’s a completely different world from the original Glee,” Geyer told us between rehearsals. “Rachel has to adapt quickly.” Hence, all the bumping and grinding. “Yeah, it’s a little racy. That’s the different between the old Glee and the new college Glee. It’s a little more controversial.” Well, not all of it. On a separate Ohio-set soundstage, Darren Criss was getting ready to sing “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” because Blaine’s big dilemma in the beginning of the season will be keeping busy without Kurt (so glad we've almost made it / so sad they had to fade it — awww) and when we wandered back to Brittany’s bedroom in Ohio, the track for Spears’s super sad break-up song “Everytime” kicked in. There was Heather Morris lying face-down on her bed, miserable without Santana, who’s far away and cheerleading for the University of Louisville. Oh sweet, teenage agony. Some things on Glee will never change.
Source
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/20/2012, 4:43 pm

So essentially based my thoughts on this Vulture article, we'll get two musical sitcoms rolled into one. I'm exited but at the same time not. Glee has to do well in order to redeem it self in my eyes and it seems in the eyes of some Execs in Fox. Giving a 20 min Rachel&Kurt Show will be close, very close no matter how crappy they'll write it. Oh but I can imagine the ruckus some people will get if Glee will actually give Hummelberry its own show. Especially if the time allotted for NY is away from the adults, although Sue's character is pretty much a filler even now.

I don't mind Hummelberry Show at all as I'm sure most of us here in some shape or form don't but you guys were on point about the favortism: our objective views as so so tainted. We'll never be happy if Glee shits on Kurt's story again. I'm all for limiting the NY storyline to Hummelberry, this new guy and perhaps Santana and Finn. Let the writers cram all the new people and WTF storylines to McKinley, now that's what I want.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/20/2012, 4:59 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:

I don't mind Hummelberry Show at all as I'm sure most of us here in some shape or form don't but you guys were on point about the favortism: our objective views as so so tainted. We'll never be happy if Glee shits on Kurt's story again. I'm all for limiting the NY storyline to Hummelberry, this new guy and perhaps Santana and Finn. Let the writers cram all the new people and WTF storylines to McKinley, now that's what I want.

If they devote 15-20 minutes of the show to Hummelberry it won't be any worse than what the show did previous years. For all the talk of how bad Dalton/Klaine storyline was the irony was that Kurt and blaine had more scenes before they got together. So having Kurt in NY in different sets he will have to have a separate storyline.

quite frankly, the Mckinley Choir room scenes are all worn out. I'm glad that Kurt is out of the Sectional/Regional/Nationals format, what new or fresh thing can they possibly do with it this year?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next