Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

+28
msjoanlucette
happydays
emilynna
ladydianab
Sani
Keyser
FunnyLady
opals
bayth
M&M
Buenos
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Divalicious
BlueJazz
Ranwing
Delight
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
32 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  tanita_mors 8/20/2012, 5:15 pm

Buenos wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:

I don't mind Hummelberry Show at all as I'm sure most of us here in some shape or form don't but you guys were on point about the favortism: our objective views as so so tainted. We'll never be happy if Glee shits on Kurt's story again. I'm all for limiting the NY storyline to Hummelberry, this new guy and perhaps Santana and Finn. Let the writers cram all the new people and WTF storylines to McKinley, now that's what I want.

If they devote 15-20 minutes of the show to Hummelberry it won't be any worse than what the show did previous years. For all the talk of how bad Dalton/Klaine storyline was the irony was that Kurt and blaine had more scenes before they got together. So having Kurt in NY in different sets he will have to have a separate storyline.

quite frankly, the Mckinley Choir room scenes are all worn out. I'm glad that Kurt is out of the Sectional/Regional/Nationals format, what new or fresh thing can they possibly do with it this year?
nothing really. it's going to be their top 40 pop galore dump. every big or even mediocre charting hit is going to be done there. and i would be ok with that if it meant that the songs kurt gets are good and more importantly important to his storyline, with one or two just for fun now and then.

glee burn throw storylines far to fast so they have to do them over and over again. i mean, how many different things do happen in high school. i'm amazed shows like degrassi run so long. maybe they know how to milk them for every minute, which glee is having problems with since season 2. season 1 had several storylines that were season or half season long and that is why it was coherent. in s2 only kurt's bullying arc was of that caliber and one of the reasons it's the first thing people remember about s2.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 19 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Buenos 8/20/2012, 5:41 pm

I think the writers at the least will be able to write new storylines for the NY section of the show.

McKinley will be about a bunch of misfits who will try to band together as a group and compete as glee choir. A transgenderred student starring a shitty actor(Alex) will get harassed , a cheerleader starring a shitty actress(Heather) will dance alot, and an Asian girl starring a shitty actress (sorry Jenna I love you but..) will sing songs..

The problem in McKinley will be the actors, who is left that is an inherently strong actor other then Kevin?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/20/2012, 5:52 pm

Buenos wrote:The problem in McKinley will be the actors, who is left that is an inherently strong actor other then Kevin?

I'd also include Matt, but he's not a student. The one possible thing is that there might be a shift now to what RIB originally intended - that the adults (Schu, Sue, Emma) will be the mainstays of the McKinley location while the kids will leave on a rotating basis. And now that Chris, Lea and Cory are no longer part of the McKinley storyline, that just may be the only way the show can survive. I may hate Schu sometimes as a character, but Matt is one of the best actors on the show and it's a crime that his character is such a, pardon my language, complete asshole at times.

Except for Artie, Tina and Blaine, the rest of the McKinley kids are all but interchangable and disposable. I like Sam, but he's a watered down Finn 0.2. Joe is rememberable only because his hair is gross. The less said about Rory, the better and Brittany is going to be unbearable because they'll have no choice but to feature her a lot and she's best in very, very, very small doses. I can't say anything much about the new kids coming in except that Alex is a poor actor (the character could work with a better actor) and the new girls will be watered down versions of Rachel.

There's no question that the focus of the show will be increasingly away from McKinley because that's where the strongest performers are. And so long as the show insists in hiring kids who can sing and nothing else, we're going to be locked in this pattern.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/20/2012, 11:32 pm

Edit: I was gonna posted Chris and SJP picture but Kim was faster than me Razz

Ok for any reason I'm excited for it :D

Last edited by brisallie on 8/20/2012, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/20/2012, 11:32 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_m930yeR5V71qe476yo1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_m930yeR5V71qe476yo2_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/20/2012, 11:54 pm

fantastica wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_m930yeR5V71qe476yo1_500

I was trying not to get my hopes up and I find I already have. unsure
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/21/2012, 12:02 am

^ just one episode or two. don't get too excited. fanny2
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/21/2012, 12:04 am

fantastica wrote:^ just one episode or two. don't get too excited. fanny2

You speak the truth. I was excited after 2 episodes last year as well and look where that got me.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/21/2012, 12:05 am

it's like rollercoaster - going up for 2 episodes, then down hill for the rest. remember S3 premiere? all the hummelberry goodness? then boom!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/21/2012, 12:07 am

fantastica wrote:it's like rollercoaster - going up for 2 episodes, then down hill for the rest. remember S3 premiere? all the hummelberry goodness? then boom!

Good, good. Coming down off my Glee high. This is good. rooots
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/21/2012, 12:25 am

Finally, a scene with Kurt and someone not Rachel. I'm trying not to hate on Rachel, because I don't hate her, really, I am just tired of the spotlight always being for her. It's nice to have Kurt in a scene with a big TV name, and it be attached just to Chris. I am so very selfish. Smile

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/21/2012, 12:46 am

If they do Kurt's Vogue.com story well if the object is comedy I'm guessing, then this could keep a lot of people interested.

Plus with Finn's I'll bet it will be drama.

I don't think many will care about Rachel's story much at is similar to what they have already done with in a lot of aspects.

McKinley is just boring a been there done that.

Kurt's and Finn's stories could be refreshing and interesting if they are done the right way.

This is make or break, and the show needed something new, something they haven't done before to start people talking and be interested again.

And Ryan apparently is arranging something so some fans can see the first episode of this season.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/21/2012, 1:19 am

Regardless what else happens, Kurt is logically pulled away from " too gay, too fem for Ohio/Lima/McKinley" retread. New York at least offers Kurt some "adult/career" story lines.

My big fear was that they would make Kurt wallow in Ohio for half a season, and already we know he works for Vogue.com and is getting a loft apartment with Rachel in Brooklyn and interacts with SJP all this by episode 3 or 4. Plus Blaine visits him in NY for whatever drama angst they have in store for episode 4.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/21/2012, 1:51 am

ColferInspired wrote:...

This is make or break, and the show needed something new, something they haven't done before to start people talking and be interested again.

I don't know if you read that article from Vulture that came out today (yesterday) about Glee's ne season, where there's a line that it said exactly the same and I think it was everybody is expecting to see: Will this boat floats or sinks in the ocean? It's riksy.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/21/2012, 1:56 am

Romina, you are late again. that article was posted on this thread on the last page. wake up gurl! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/21/2012, 2:00 am

The problem is that fandom likes to freeze things as they are, their favorite in the limelight and that should never change. People who came on in season 1 who still want things to be the way they were. Staying the same is stagnation, and there must be change to continue to survive. That is Glee's problem, it hasn't really changed in 3 years, it keeps rehashing romantic triangles and Emma being engaged/married to someone. This is the first year it feels like we are actually moving forward. People who want it to be solely about ND are going to be disappointed. I think depending on how the audience receives the NY storylines is going to be a determination of how they are going to continue. If it will continue to be split, or remain mainly in ND or NY. They are putting heavy hitters in NY, and some promising newbies in ND. Now if they could master continuity, we'd be in business.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/21/2012, 2:00 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_m930b2BeKy1qc4ojbo1_500

I really hope Kurt's storyline is more comedic and light these year, Kurt totally deserves it and needs it. I think this separate locations could be disaster, but at the same time, if the New York one is done good, it could bring attention of those people who were bored with the same storylines over and over again In Mckinley. Also I wish they gave up their preachiness, it would make happy a lot of people too...

It's nice to see Kurt's picture with someone else than Rachel finally!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/21/2012, 5:09 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_m93bulsbTP1rqhjijo1_500

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 8/21/2012, 8:31 am

fantastica wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_m930yeR5V71qe476yo1_500
I kinda love Kurt's hair in this.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 8/21/2012, 9:27 am

tanita_mors wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_m93bulsbTP1rqhjijo1_500

Chris Colfer and Sarah Jessica Parker. ded The only reason I'm still gonna watch this show.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/21/2012, 9:45 am

sahhar wrote:Chris Colfer and Sarah Jessica Parker. ded The only reason I'm still gonna watch this show.

Yes, it does look really exciting. neutre
I so hope that the rumors aren't true that Isabelle will be a bitch, but some kind of mentor or friend instead. Kurt really could use some positive guidance and encouragement in his life right now.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 8/21/2012, 9:47 am

Glorfindel wrote:
sahhar wrote:Chris Colfer and Sarah Jessica Parker. ded The only reason I'm still gonna watch this show.

I so hope that the rumors aren't true that Isabelle will be a bitch, but some kind of mentor or friend instead. Kurt really could use some positive guidance and encouragement in his life right now.

THIS. Someone who's his mentor and not someone who makes fun of him for once.

BTW I'm still vacationing in England, but I really needed to comment on our BB working with Sarah Jessica Parker Smile

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 8/21/2012, 9:52 am

I'm the exact opposite, I just can't seem to get exited for this new season anymore. I'm really hoping there won't be season 5.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/21/2012, 11:19 am

Glorfindel wrote:

Of course she's going to be a bitch. The writers won't have to think about storylines. They'll just have to watch the Devil Wears Prada, and paraphrase the storyline.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/21/2012, 11:41 am

I think the bitchy guest star is for Rachel, I think SJP is supposed to be kooky. I see her utterly disorganized. Isn't she wearing an Egyptian necklace? It just feels like this is being set up to be a longer term storyline. There are already 3 supporting actors for Kurt and Isabelle. In NYADA it's just Brody for Rachel and Kate Hudson's character. Might be a moment of optimism this morning. My kitten has decided that galloping around the house is in order, so I can type this entry easier, oops, no he's back.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next