Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread

+18
valkeakuulas
sheny
Ireth
Buenos
Lottie2303
bayth
ColdFlame96
murasaki1
TimF
Delight
fantastica
AnneNeville
brisallie
ladydianab
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
tanita_mors
22 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap23%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap26%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 8 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap19%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 31

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  bayth 11/22/2013, 3:17 am

Talk about unresolved sexual tension and CHEMISTRY; these two have it in spades.  Loved them together and loved The X Files. (David Duchovny is sex on a stick.)

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 X-Files-David-Duchovny
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Lottie2303 11/22/2013, 3:43 am

Yup, still no desire to watch. I really don't need to even see bits of the episode. Sam and Rachel, Kurt being Blaine's cheerleader, jokes about cheating... It is so nice knowing I won't have to actually endure it Twisted Evil 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/22/2013, 5:06 am

Believe me Lottie you made the right choice...

God Lord, Marley/Jake/Ryder triangle, If I had just one day to live I'd watch an endless loop of their scenes because it would make it seem like forever...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 11/22/2013, 5:15 am

What a boring episode Sleep 

Blam don't fit into the fun NY dynamics, they're just there to be propped up and told how special they are. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/22/2013, 5:16 am

Marley and Ryder's storyline was so predictable Rolling Eyes  I knew RIB will do something like that months ago when I first found out Melissa and Blake got engaged. I'm 100% sure the only reason they made Jake cheat was so they can break up Jarley  and recreate Finchel (Monchele).

As for Klaine at least now nobody can accuse Kurt of neglecting Blaine or not being supportive of him, which are the main excuses Blaine stans and Blam shippers use to hate on Kurt.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/22/2013, 5:23 am

I started watching the Kurt Edit but first had to jump Piano Man and then I had to stop when Kurt began supporting Blaine in his bedroom...I now have to even pace watching Kurt edits because making Kurt be only Blaine's backup man hurts. He has no other role left in this episode, right?

First physical experience of nausea when watching the Edit version. Why!? did they have to take that enjoyment away from me?!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/22/2013, 7:48 am

I don't intend to watch, but basically: the NY trio was there to prop fucking Blam? And Kurt fangirled over Mr-Perfect-Blaine who bedazzled Carmen with how awesome he is, right? And the NY trio had a piano brought in the loft just so that the first "Loft song" ever not shared with ND obviously includes fucking Blam, when we never were granted a NY trio song only? If that is it, well Glee can go eff itself this week, and the next!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/22/2013, 8:15 am

coxfire wrote:I don't intend to watch, but basically: the NY trio was there to prop fucking Blam? And Kurt fangirled over Mr-Perfect-Blaine who bedazzled Carmen with how awesome he is, right? And the NY trio had a piano brought in the loft just so that the first "Loft song" ever not shared with ND obviously includes fucking Blam, when we never were granted a NY trio song only? If that is it, well Glee can go eff itself this week, and the next!
Slight correction. The NY trio didn't have a piano brought in. Blaine and Sam gave it to them as a gift for letting them stay at the loft because that is totally an appropriate gift to give someone when you stay at their house for a few nights.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/22/2013, 8:18 am

Still haven't seen the episode, but Karen, I love the "Oh, was Glee on tonight? I didn't realize. " option so much, I'm gonna include it as a regular thing in the future. I already gave my vote for it because that is how I feel about Glee days. A total passing thought.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/22/2013, 8:27 am

tanita_mors wrote:Still haven't seen the episode, but Karen, I love the "Oh, was Glee on tonight? I didn't realize. " option so much, I'm gonna include it as a regular thing in the future. I already gave my vote for it because that is how I feel about Glee days. A total passing thought.
I have episode 4 and 5 downloads and still have not watched them.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/22/2013, 8:40 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
coxfire wrote:I don't intend to watch, but basically: the NY trio was there to prop fucking Blam? And Kurt fangirled over Mr-Perfect-Blaine who bedazzled Carmen with how awesome he is, right? And the NY trio had a piano brought in the loft just so that the first "Loft song" ever not shared with ND obviously includes fucking Blam, when we never were granted a NY trio song only? If that is it, well Glee can go eff itself this week, and the next!
Slight correction.  The NY trio didn't have a piano brought in.  Blaine and Sam gave it to them as a gift for letting them stay at the loft because that is totally an appropriate gift to give someone when you stay at their house for a few nights.
Perfect, that's time I won't waste then Smile!! Thanks for the answer!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/22/2013, 9:01 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Slight correction.  The NY trio didn't have a piano brought in.  Blaine and Sam gave it to them as a gift for letting them stay at the loft because that is totally an appropriate gift to give someone when you stay at their house for a few nights.
What? blinkk  Where did they get it from? It a huge piano not a vase, people don't carry those around in their backpacks.
Well, it's Glee we shouldn't expect realism or logic.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/22/2013, 10:09 am

There are a couple of things about the Kurt/Blaine pep talk scene that upon second viewing kept me from wanting to put my fist through my very nice, expensive tv. First of all, Kurt had Blaine so completely figured out that he didn't hesitate to call him out on his shit faster than Brittany on a peice of cereal found on the floor. All of Blaine's blattering about always wanting to be a doctor & secret shame were quickly dismissed as the absolute bullshit that it was. Kurt might have been building Blaine up, but he was also handling him in a way that was pretty masterful.

And then we have Blaine's whining about why he doesn't want to audition for NYADA and at first it sounded like looking for compliments and reassurance, but something stood out. One of Blaine's reasons for fearing to audition was that Kurt didn't get in. That really speaks clearly about how Blaine sees Kurt as a performer. In Blaine's mind, if Kurt didn't get in on his first try given how amazingly talented and unique he is as a performer, then what chance does Blaine have? Maybe there is a bit of self-realization that despite all of his accomplishments, Blaine is a far more mundane performer than Kurt and not nearly as exciting or interesting. He's talented, but how does he stand out from a crowd of equally talented performers. This is the first real show of doubt from Blaine and it bookends Kurt's doubts. If Kurt fears that he's too unique to be successful, Blaine also has a problem because he's so conventional.

I liked Kurt's answer. Sure, it was part ego-stroking (with all the talk about Blaine's gift that left me gagging). But there was also the real honesty about not letting fear of rejection hold him back from trying. And if it didn't work out, then move on and try something else. It was thoughtful and mature and I was glad to see it.

I'm glad that the show is at least starting to address that being a successful performer is not easy (or likely). That despite these kids being talented, the odds are against them and they will have to work very hard and be very lucky to get the kind of breaks they need. Rachel's career will likely always be the charmed one, but I'm starting to get a sense that things might get shaken up a bit in the future. Will have to see.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/22/2013, 10:27 am

@Ranwing, you know when Blaine said that one of the reason for not wanting to audition is because Kurt was rejected the first time he did, it took me by surprise. Honestly. Personally, and I blame Glee for this, I've always seen Blaine as someone who's very sure of who he is as a performer, and finding out he believes he has no possibilities because Kurt didn't get it at first, is surprising and it shows a side of him that I didn't expect; I saw a boy who also has insecurities.

I'm kinda afraid why all of sudden Glee is addressing that success sometimes don't happen immediately, specially when it comes to characters like Blaine (or Rachel) who usually get what they want. What are you planning Glee? unsure 
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/22/2013, 10:39 am

The only problem with your well thought out post, @Ranwing, is that in the three years we've known Blaine, he has never faced any hostility to his performances.  He has never been told anything but how wonderful he is (except for his brother being hard on him, but that was pretty much explained in that very special episode). He starts singing, and everyone (even people who have shown hate for the Glee Club in the past) start singing and dancing along.  Everyone stops to listen when he sings.  Audience start to cheer the moment he opens his mouth at a competition.  

I can buy Blaine be nervous about auditioning.  That would be totally normal.  But I can't buy Blaine not being confident about his talent to be afraid to audition just because Kurt didn't get in on his first try.  

In some ways, your post has me thinking about how they are using Kurt as a prop yet again to show that others are better than him.  Despite an audition that left Carmen praising his efforts, Kurt didn't get in because they couldn't perceive him as better as Rachel.  Now, we have to be reminded that Kurt didn't get in on his first try so that when Blaine gets in without any trouble, it will prove that Blaine is better than him, more conventional, and has that depth Carmen wants in her students.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/22/2013, 10:42 am

wait, did blaine get a NYADA audition in last episode? has he been accepted?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/22/2013, 10:48 am

brisallie - It could be the writers responding to some of the criticisms that the show is making it look like becoming a showbiz success is a cakewalk when in reality, the odds are astronomically against them. That you not only have to be talented and driven, but extremely lucky (in getting the right breaks) and extremely determined (in being able to withstand rejection). They will never tell this story with Rachel because her career will be the charmed one, but they'll use the other characters.

It would be a real trip for Blaine to get rejected from NYADA given his history of leads and solos both at Dalton and McKinley and his outside performance jobs (he probably has a stronger resume than Rachel did) on the grounds that he is too conventional to suit Ms. Tibideaux's artistic tastes. She said it herself... they want to produce artists and Blaine is all sizzle and no steak.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/22/2013, 10:55 am

fantastica wrote:wait, did blaine get a NYADA audition in last episode? has he been accepted?
They didn't show it but he said he did audition and "crushed" it. They have not said if he was accepted or not.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/22/2013, 11:47 am

what does "crushed it" mean? does it mean "killed it"?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/22/2013, 12:15 pm

As expected all the hypocrites who claimed that NYC was too dark and boring and Lima was colourful and fun quickly changed their tune after Blah flew to NY and now Lima is the boring place. So predictable dryy

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/22/2013, 12:24 pm

fantastica wrote:what does "crushed it" mean? does it mean "killed it"?
Yes. dryy 

ColdFlame96 wrote:Okay but here's the thing: if RIB wanted to, they could've completely retconned everything even more than they already did. The fangirls wanted them to sweep the whole cheating thing under the rug and let them be a happy couple in love, but RIB still keep mentioning it and throwing in hints that Kurt clearly doesn't trust Blaine and maybe isn't as happy as the fangirls claim. Why? If it was really just about pandering, they wouldn't feel the need to do this. Yes, the Klaine reunion was pandering, but RIB never gives people what they want without some sort of catch. So here's the real question: what's the catch? What point are they trying to drive across? Are they trying to show Klaine as a happy couple in love, or are they trying to show how rushing into things tok hastily without solving your differences can lead to more complications?
Because RIB loves to make fun of their own mistakes and failures. They do it all the time: in the "Here's what happened in Glee" and meta comments (usually from Sue).
Even in this episode, where Ian said at the beginning that this is the springtime of the longest year on Glee ever, and when Sue hated how the ND members starting to sing in the hallway all the time. Plus Santana ridiculing the others for wanting to sing-a-long every time they have a discussion in the loft.
And remember Kurt calling Blaine the alpha male and him having to sit on a stool watching him perform? Or Sue saying that ND went to New York with no songs prepared?

These writers think they're clever when they make fun of their own shortcomings and failures.
Blaine cheating caused a much bigger turmoil than they suspected, so instead of doing something about that, like redeeming Blaine properly, they have Kurt(!) dismiss it by making a 'funny' remark about it, as if it's not an issue for him anymore. It also happened in 5x01.

It's like RIB simply can't accept defeat when media and fans point out their fuck ups to them. So they keep bringing them up in their immaturity, like they're sticking their tongues out: "Nananananaaaa".
They don't seem to care that these childish responses drives people away from Glee even further and faster.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 11/22/2013, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/22/2013, 12:24 pm

if this is how glee is going to look like when mckinley is over, all i'm going to say is "goodbye and thanks for all the fish". i don't think i have seen this amount of ass-kissing to a character done by the show and other characters, ever. blaine is obviously our messiah and unfortunately i don't prey to the same deity as ryan murphy because the great gelled hope of broadway can just go back to gay hogwarts never to be seen again.

i'm done for this shit of an episode.

also, are the costume department people color blind or constatnly high. what the hell is blaine wearing in the first number. not a single article was of the same color. he looked like a 5 year old dressed by his color blind mother. vomir
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/22/2013, 12:29 pm

My post on TWoP:

Lima:
- Although Will and Sue butting heads is pretty worn out by now, seeing Jane Lynch and Matt Morrison acting is always a pleasure, and so is Matt’s singing and dancing. At least some of the Lima part is tolerable because of them.
- This should come as no surprise, but I find the Jake/Marley/Ryder triangle to be extremely boring and repetitive. Thankfully the ff button is my friend. And again Glee shows that when a girl says “no” all the guy has to do is persist even more and she’ll eventually give in.
- I liked how Artie stood up for Becky, and Sue not thinking Becky was ready when she herself wasn’t ready to let go, but for me Becky character has outstayed her welcome: the things she says are just horrible now. It’s hard to be sympathetic to such a mean and nasty person.

- How convenient that Blaine and Sam arrived at McKinley just in time for the last song. God forbid Blam would have been in only 3 songs this episode: the horror. Rolling Eyes 

- There are so few members in ND now that they need other students running around on stage with them during their episode ending song, and last week had a similar performance. Will these kids also go to Nationals with this glee club of losers, to fulfill the 12 members rule? That would explain why noone is paying any attention to that.

- I wish they wouldn’t tell us all the time that making it big on Broadway, or as a pop singer or actress is the only way to be successful in the arts as a career.
Being a music teacher, conducting or playing in a small town orchestra, a voice coach, recording studio instrumentalist or backup singer ….. all very honorable jobs, and although they don’t pay as much as the money the big stars get, it’s still enough to live and prosper.
Both Lima (the career fair) and New York (Sam and Blaine's career paths) were annoying about that this episode.

New York:
- So as expected, the New York part was all about Blaine and Sam, while the original NY characters were used as props and cheerleaders. If this is how it’s going to be after graduation I might finally give up on Glee all together. And fun fact: Blaine has now sung more solos in New York than Kurt. Well…. maybe not such a fun fact after all. dryy- Sam wants to be a model, but he also does not want to be know strictly for his body (as per ‘Naked’). Right, sure, makes perfect sense. And who better to help him with a photoshoot is Vogue’s wonderboy Kurt…..oops, no: it’s Rachel. Really? Every opportunity to pair up a boy and a girl on this show must be utilized, so why do the logical thing by asking someone who actually works in the modelling/fashion industry for help, when you can throw in some hints of (hetro-sexual) romance? And Rachel of all girls. Can't she be single for a while after just losing someone she loved for a long time? :angry: 

- Just for the record: I hate Klaine with the fire of a 1000 suns, but seriously? Blaine and Sam arrive at the loft and Kurt goes to hug Sam first, and then only quickly hugs his fiance too? And they hug again in the bedroom, on the bed even! How revolutionary! Glee/Fox is showing their homophobic colors again.

- In season 3 we had Rachel and Kurt planning, rehearsing and fretting over their NYADA audition untill everyone was sick of it, in canon and out of canon. Indeed, I believe it was Kurt’s only significant storyline that season. And he still didn’t get the price at the end of that season, so they dragged his storyline till halfway of season 4.
But now with Blaine this same storyline is presented and wrapped up in 1 episode:
- Blaine goes to New York to audition with only ever mentioning NYADA in passing once or twice before. He then gets angsty: “Oh no, what if the NYADA teachers didn’t drink the kool-aid like the McKinley kids and teachers all have? Better give up right away and not audition, even though my fiance (who had to struggle quite a lot more to get into the same school but never gave up) already sucked up to Carmen Tibideaux for me. Boohoo, I want to be a doctor now”.  Kurt is smart, supportive and talks some sense into him, he then auditions off screen(!), and voila: he "crushed his audition". koolaid 

This is considered acceptable storytelling now? blinkk 

- All and any struggle/difficulty Blaine faced to get into NYADA was self-inflicted. Noone rejected him or even criticized him. Of course he "crushed" his audition: he’s the next Broadway star Blaine Anderson, duh, Kurt said so himself!
- But ha!: they chickened out and didn’t show that “crushing” NYADA audition. For all the times they shoe-horned another unnecessary song in for Blaine to sing, they conveniently ‘forgot’ to show his NYADA audition. Gee, I wonder why? sifflou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/22/2013, 12:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
fantastica wrote:what does "crushed it" mean? does it mean "killed it"?
Yes. dryy 
so he crushed our hopes and dreams and the only thing left to watch. i am not even going to bother w/ this kurt edit then. what's the point of watching a kurt edit that's saturated w/ blam? vomit2 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/22/2013, 12:34 pm

tanita_mors wrote:also, are the costume department people color blind or constatnly high. what the hell is blaine wearing in the first number. not a single article was of the same color. he looked like a 5 year old dressed by his color blind mother. vomir
Either they're high when putting together Darren's costumes, or they really, really hate him because he looked like an absolute clown.

When I was about three, I insisted on dressing myself picking my own outfits and came up with some pretty eye-screaming designs. Like matching a plaid dress with stripped tights and colors that don't belong in the global hemisphere, let alone the same outfit. And yet my outfits looked more coordinated than that monstrosity. Kurt should break up with him just for that outfit alone.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next