Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread

+18
valkeakuulas
sheny
Ireth
Buenos
Lottie2303
bayth
ColdFlame96
murasaki1
TimF
Delight
fantastica
AnneNeville
brisallie
ladydianab
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
tanita_mors
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap3%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap23%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap26%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 8 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap3%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap19%5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 31

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/22/2013, 4:28 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
fantastica wrote:wait, did blaine get a NYADA audition in last episode? has he been accepted?
They didn't show it but he said he did audition and "crushed" it.  They have not said if he was accepted or not.

If it was up me he would not be accepted . I am 99.9% sure he will though.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sheny 11/22/2013, 4:29 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I only saw some gifs on tumbrl and have zero interest to ever watch the episode. But didn't Kurt fold laundry at one point of the episode? I am sorry, but as much as I hate Klaine, that is silly and on a greater scale also very dismissive towards the LGBT community. That'd never happen with any heterosexual couple.

Ces't la vie. My two little cents to the episode.
He wasn't folding laundry. He was going through Blaine's clothes, helping him pick an outfit for his NYADA audition.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/22/2013, 4:31 pm

^ Who does their laundry, when being part in a long-distance relationship and also being engaged, and the fiancé is actually around for once in a while?!

However, ETA:
@sheny: Thanks for the clarification. Argument still stands, even though I was obviously wrong.

Nevermind anyway.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/22/2013, 4:38 pm

This would be an interesting storyline for Glee to focus on, unfortunately, I don't think they would go there with Blaine, and I'm not really sure that Darren could handle this without coming across like a whiney baby. We've seen glimpse of this kind of stuff with Kurt, and Chris has and would certainly convey that storyline in a way that has an impact (not that we want Kurt not to succeed).
On TWP there were comments how it's crazy that we don't even know if Blaine actually even wants it that badly. That's what off about Blaine's SL arc, he's not ever shown a great burning desire for NYADA or anything else.

In Season 3 I loved how Glee showed all these crazy pre NYADA aspirants to the Double tree hotel who intimidated Hummel/Berry, and even this year Adam Lambert's Elliot articulates why he's driven to perform. With Blaine you get the feeling he does it because he's successful at it but there's not passion or love there, which you always sense with born entertainers/performers.

One of the things that either fans like or dislike about Kurt/Rachel is how ambitious/driven they are for a career in the performing arts. Kurt has struggled in NY more than his detractors care to admit.... Last year in "Last call" he even told RAchel that if NYADA turned him down again maybe it was time for him to try a different career path. Even this year he wonders if he'll get mainstream success. So Kurt is shown still trying to figure out his place in the arts . Rachel is going to always triumph but at least you get a sense she has a real hunger for it, even if it's wrapped in a preordained haze. With Blaine what does he want to do?

I'm amused how Kurt's detractors keep on pointing out to VOGUE to show how Kurt always wins. Vogue was like a factor in 2 episodes of the last 28 and fashion isn't even an option, he gave Rachel a makeover at Vogue and now Sam gets his modeling help from Rachel. So the NY narrative doesn't even have time to flesh out his story, much less Santana's.

What I did like was Kurt telling Blaine that even if he fails he'll be there for him, but their conversation just struck me as something between two close friends. Klaine has the strangest clunky stilted dialogue at times, this is the second time Kurt has mentioned the cheating in a sort joking kind of way. It's almost like the writers are telegraphing that Kurt subconsciously isn't over the cheating/trust issue but don't want to make a "serious" issue of it. Though that maybe be giving these writers too much credit.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/22/2013, 5:15 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Just think about how much less likely the gay PDA will be when they move to the 8:00 hour in February.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the kisses.  Conversations that help them grow as a couple and show us why they are in love are far more important than a kiss.  It is in the conversations and interactions that builds the characters up, and leads to the chemistry.

Unfortunately, last nights conversation between the two weren't really growth building.  Yes, it showed Kurt being supportive of Blaine, but between the "If you cheated again, I won't take sex abuse as an excuse" and the fact that in the year and a half they dated, Blaine never mentioned here "secret shameful" desire of wanting to be a doctor shows two things:  1.  Klaine is no where near ready to think about marriage and shouldn't be engaged if Kurt still has trust issues, and 2.  Klaine really doesn't know each other if Blaine is not ready to share a "secret shame" like wanting to be a doctor with the guy he has known for 2 and a half years, a year and a half of which they dated him.
Oh, I completely agree with you here. Like @Buenos also said a post above this one, their conversations are clunky and awkward, and.....distant.
On the one hand they talk like careless kids with stupid comments about the cheating that either really clashes with the feelings they should be having or are a clear signal that there is some major trust issues denying going on. But otoh they talk like 2 old grandpa's in a nursing home.

Finchel might have had their problems, but at least they talked properly with one another.

And I also agree that Klaine's chemistry is "friends" at most, but not even close friends. The way Kurt took Blaine's hand to sit on the bed looked like he was trying to talk some sense into his little brother.

But still, the lack of gay PDA is glaring too. Sometimes I think Chris deliberately makes Klaine's hugs so awkward just to show how ridiculous it is.
And to think that Chris and Darren also every time have to film kisses that never make it into the episode. Damn, if you already know that the kisses will be cut then respect your actors a bit more and only film the scenes with them hugging in the first place.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/22/2013, 9:10 pm

Lol:

Sam and Blaine arrive at the end of a musical montage, as per usual, but they’re both nervous about their plans. With Blaine, it really is as simple as that. He’s just nervous about his NYADA audition and couching that in not wanting to pursue it at all, which someone must have thought made a good parallel for Becky. After he sings for everyone at The Spotlight Diner, Kurt cheers, “There’s no way you’re not getting into NYADA,” which should have been hilariously exaggerated foreshadowing, but nope, Blaine auditions off-screen and successfully. Dramatically it’s quite the cop-out to cut Blaine’s audition and to have Sam exposit how good he was, especially after a history of some seriously tense NYADA auditions, but maybe they couldn’t find an appropriate Billy Joel song?
AV Club

"...but maybe they couldn’t find an appropriate Billy Joel song?" ptdr

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_luyvcfDPK71r1cj3m
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/22/2013, 9:23 pm

From the Backlot:
http://www.thebacklot.com/glee-recap-506/11/2013/

Blaine performs “Piano Man” with Sam on harmonica, and everyone dances around the diner with candles, which seems dangerous and terrifying, to be honest. The crowd loves him. They cheer and cheer. Kurt rushes the stage and kisses Blaine full on the mouth with so much passion and pride. Heh. Jokes. Kurt stands on top of a counter, 500 feet away, and whoops and hollers in Blaine’s general direction.
And then Kurt Hummel says the sexist thing: “I can’t stop you from failing, but I can promise to make it safe if you do.”
A girl said that to me one time and I made out with her like, just, yeah, it’s none of your business, but whoo boy. That’s what Kurt and Blaine do too. Then they make out so very — wait, no. Another brother-hug.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/22/2013, 10:41 pm

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_mwofokAEkX1rlyyia

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_mwoevhzxWe1rlyyia

Even Joaquin knows it.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/22/2013, 10:45 pm

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mwopulX2so1qjlzrgo1_500

Hee. Smile 

Someone remind me who Brian Cantor is again? unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/22/2013, 11:18 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Lol:

Sam and Blaine arrive at the end of a musical montage, as per usual, but they’re both nervous about their plans. With Blaine, it really is as simple as that. He’s just nervous about his NYADA audition and couching that in not wanting to pursue it at all, which someone must have thought made a good parallel for Becky. After he sings for everyone at The Spotlight Diner, Kurt cheers, “There’s no way you’re not getting into NYADA,” which should have been hilariously exaggerated foreshadowing, but nope, Blaine auditions off-screen and successfully. Dramatically it’s quite the cop-out to cut Blaine’s audition and to have Sam exposit how good he was, especially after a history of some seriously tense NYADA auditions, but maybe they couldn’t find an appropriate Billy Joel song?
AV Club

"...but maybe they couldn’t find an appropriate Billy Joel song?" ptdr

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_luyvcfDPK71r1cj3m
Hahaha C'mon, even Santana complained how Blaine solves everything with a song.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/22/2013, 11:21 pm

Has anyone seen Kurt's tongue piercing stud? Seems like he lost it, poor guy. sifflou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/22/2013, 11:22 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Has anyone seen Kurt's tongue piercing stud? Seems like he lost it, poor guy. sifflou
I bet you're glad for it Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/22/2013, 11:57 pm

brisallie wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Has anyone seen Kurt's tongue piercing stud? Seems like he lost it, poor guy. sifflou
I bet you're glad for it Smile
I certainly am!

Oh, hey, Blaine and Kurt didn't discuss the tattoo Kurt was worried Blaine wouldn't like, did they?

(Like those two got naked or anything, lol yeah right, not in the Gleeverse).

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/23/2013, 12:36 am

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mwopulX2so1qjlzrgo2_500
The real Brian Cantor is the Vice Chancellor and Principal of Bradford University.

I couldn't find anyone else with this name when I googled.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x06 "Movin’ Out" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Just the way you are

Post  Kurt addict 11/23/2013, 4:33 am

I really liked this song, I thought the harmonies were beautiful, but it did show how generic Blaine's voice is, I could not distinguish his voice from chords, which begs the question how can Blaine crush his nyada audition when there is nothing about his voice or performance that stands out? On the few occasions that Blaine has shown emotion in a song he has looked in pain and I don't think that's what the dean wants!

As per usual loved Kurt's voice there is such warmth and depth to it.
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/23/2013, 5:44 am

ColferInspired wrote:

Look up cantorpedia; apparently he's an online critic and social commentator.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/23/2013, 6:55 am

Buenos wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

Look up cantorpedia; apparently he's an online critic and social commentator.
I should have looked that up instead. blushh

Nice to hear he is a critic. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/23/2013, 8:28 am

Kurt addict wrote:I really liked this song, I thought the harmonies were beautiful, but it did show how generic Blaine's voice is, I could not distinguish his voice from chords, which begs the question how can Blaine crush his nyada audition when there is nothing about his voice or performance that stands out? On the few occasions that Blaine has shown emotion in a song he has looked in pain and I don't think that's what the dean wants!

As per usual loved Kurt's voice there is such warmth and depth to it.
We have had that discussion on here many times. Other than Chris and Kevin, it seems like a all of the boys sound alike. When i listen to the songs when the are released a few days befor an episode, I usually can't tell who is who on the songs unless the names are provided. After 3747385 songs for Darren and 47385 songs for Chord, it should be easy to tell them apart, but it isn't.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/23/2013, 9:50 am

Jellyrolls wrote:We have had that discussion on here many times.  Other than Chris and Kevin, it seems like a all of the boys sound alike.  When i listen to the songs when the are released a few days befor an episode, I usually can't tell who is who on the songs unless the names are provided.  After 3747385 songs for Darren and 47385 songs for Chord, it should be easy to tell them apart, but it isn't.
I kinda miss the 'old' times before GOBr, when we didn't know the singers on the songs beforehand, and then when First Listen Friday came everyone was guessing who was singing what. hapitgh 
I especially remember the BeeGees episode fondly in that regard, with the unrecognizable falsetto singing and the chaos and confusion that evoked in the fandom. Razz

Of all the guys only Kevin, Chris, and most of the times Matt are distinguishable. And I often managed to hear Cory, but maybe that's because I loved his voice so much.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/23/2013, 10:16 am

arms The best was the line after Chris' in Seasons of Love. Me (and many others) thought it was Darren at first. Then everyone seemed to think it was Harry. And lo and behold, it was Mark.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5