Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 x18 Laryngitis Watch and Discussion Thread

3 posters

Go down

1 x18 Laryngitis Watch and Discussion Thread Empty 1 x18 Laryngitis Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 8/28/2012, 7:54 pm

Episode description from DVD:

Rachel is despondent upon losing her voice. Kurt tries to butch it up to impress his father. And Puck determines he needs to cozy up to Mercedes to bolster his flagging tough guy reputation.

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 8/28/2012, 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

1 x18 Laryngitis Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 1 x18 Laryngitis Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  brisallie 8/28/2012, 8:36 pm

Isn't episode 18?

Still remember Butch!Kurt lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

1 x18 Laryngitis Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 1 x18 Laryngitis Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 8/28/2012, 8:46 pm

I would have had the same reaction to Puck's mother washing his hair as Santana.

Who'd have thunk that Rachel would complain about getting all solos? Typical Rachel ratting everyone out. I like Finn's fake singing face.

I always hated the Puck/Mercedes storyline. Puck is just such a sleazball.

There's never an excuse for stirup pants. hehe. OK, I wore them in the 80's when they were in. But I wouldn't wear them now. They are pretty hideous.

Rachel singing "The Climb" bad was pretty funny.

The Kurt/Sue scene when Kurt tells her he thinks he's losing his dad because of his sexuality is one of my favorites. "So you like showtunes? That doesn't mean you're gay. It just means your awful." hehe. And Sue being the only one who can tell Kurt who he is. hehe. I like this Sue. Nasty, but not evil.

I remember laughing so hard the first time I saw Kurt as Mini-Burt.

The doctor Rachel had has no bedside manner.

Jesse's Girl is one of my favorite Finn solos. I really wish they would bring back the 80's music. 80's music was so much better than the crap they are recording now.

The Lady is A Trap was a fun as well. I love these old swinging songs. This stuff is so much better than the crap they are recording now. Songs like this get your feet tapping and stay with you. The current pop and dance crap just don't do that.

Chris did a nice job on "Pink Houses" and he has the edge in his voice I love. I love the attitude. And I love everyone's expressins when he's singing.

Awww. Psycho overreacting Rachel rears here ugly head. "I am like Tinkerbell. I need applause to live." hehe.

Chris' first kissing scene. Ewwwww to Brittany being turned on by guys kissing her armpits. I love the sign on the doorknob "Do not enter under any circumstances. I'm making out with a girl." I wish they did a show featuring one of Kurt's murder mysteries.

I don't really like "The Boy Is Mine." I just don't like that kind of music. And Santana being territorial on Puck really made no sense. She was flirting with Finn, and Puck kind of had something going on with Quinn a bit. And Puck ain't worth fighting over.

I like that Mercedes called Puck out on throwing dweebs in dumpsters.

The hallway scene with Brittany was funny. "The secret. Duck fat." hehe. And too follow that up with Kurt/Burt magic is fantatic.

And then we get Rose's Turn. That boy owns the stage. I love the way Chris can take any song and make it his, and make it Kurt. Chris owns the song, and he owns the stage every song he gets. No one else in the cast can own a song the way Chris does. Not even Rachel or Matt.

Kurt and Burt is truly the best relationship ever on Glee. Burt is just an amazing father. He really always seems to know the right thing to say. Even though you know he's not completely comfortable with Kurt's sexuality, you know he loves and accepts Kurt unconditionally, and supports him 100%.

"Your job is to be yourself and my job is to love you no matter what." Burt is just amazing.

Watching the camraderie during "One" really makes me miss when they would end a show with a group number that kind of summed up the the show. They just don't capture that feel the same way as they did in season one.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/28/2012, 8:46 pm

brisallie wrote:Isn't episode 18?

Still remember Butch!Kurt lol

Yes, it is 18. Typo. Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/28/2012, 10:29 pm

Yes, I really miss the group numbers, instead of all the solos and duets. Even the contests involve a chosen few being featured, instead of everyone getting in on the action. Last years sectionals was the best they had done in some time, and that was because Rachel wasn't available and the TT were elsewhere. Why was it never really acknowledged they didn't need the big three to win, that each player getting their moment in the sun was great fun.

Rose's Turn, still, wow, just thinking about all the high kicks, and anger. Then as soon as Burt is there he tries to act nonchalant, but you can tell he is just holding it together. A superb scene from start to finish. Even when Kurt starts it in the hallway, which usually just looks affected when others do it, was cut so well, and the way they filmed him on the stage, you could tell they knew they had a special moment going on. I remember an interview at the time, where he did it in only a few takes, but wanted it to go on because he loved having the stage in an empty theater.

I didn't hate the Puck/Mercedes thing, just for the fact I was hoping that Mercedes would help trigger a better Puck, because she doesn't take any crap. Unfortunately, it was one of the many, many times that the lesson is learned for only an episode, to be forgotten as soon as it is convenient.

Pink Houses sounded great, but I always have problems watching it, it looks like Chris is about to bite his tongue when he sings, plus I keep waiting for him to spit. A pity that people don't remember how well he did, just that he was behaving out of character. For Will to call him on it, when being effeminate hadn't gotten him anywhere (still) kind of annoys me. Kurt could never win in ND.

Rachel complaining how she is carrying the team, we didn't see Kurt not practicing, did we? Others were singing. If they had left Rachel at I need to sing/tinkerbell line it would have been okay, but then she had to go sing an emotive duet with the quadraplegic boy. Rose's Turn felt honest, the later was contrived to the max. When they got to the actual group number I enjoyed it, but the rest could go.

I loved the stirrup pants line. I always hoped for a scene of Kurt walking by a baseball field during a game, with people sports oriented, and catch a fly ball, annoyed that it almost hit his perfect hat, he asks where to throw it. Then he does this massive throw to home to the stunned amazement of the other kids. When they ask him why he isn't on the team, he looks at their horrified and says "Do you see what they have on!!" and walks away grumbling to himself about needing to fix his hair.

I liked Jesse's girl, but it was the first of many times Finn wanted Rachel back after she found someone new, that got real old. But the scene it self was sold very well by Cory.

Why can't they do top 40, but do it 80's and 90's top 40. I like it when they introduce new music to those who missed out it, as much as I like being introduced to more current music that I may be missing out on.

They totally should have gone all Brat Pack with Puck, he did a great job in that scene, he seemed to be having fun. You could believe this guy, a jock, actually enjoyed singing, and that is why he was there, not just Quinn. Not that we need to give Blaine more songs to sing, but he already looks like he belongs in the 60's, so why not have him sing them as well. But they carefully give Blaine songs that Darren can successfully do, it really shows when they don't.

It is a great thing when you get two great actors in the same scene, like Mike and Chris. They offer everything to the other, and look what we get. A honest, loving family. One that will tell you when you are doing wrong (that cookie isn't organic and Kurt is gay gay, not Rock Hudson gay) but will be there for the other no matter what. I am almost glad there aren't more, because Glee does have a way to make you lose the love for something by showing it so much. Like Rachel's singing, or Santana's bitching. Santana used to be kind of mean but sassy, but now she is simply awful. I cringe when she comes on the screen.

I was happy with the Sue/Kurt scene, because it was the first real inkling of Sue's softness towards Kurt. Something that didn't continue with Mercedes after she left the Cheerios. This was before season 2 over the top rotten Sue, I am glad they did a lot of work on repairing the Sue character, Jane deserves better. Now if only they do that with Santana.

The duck fat scene still makes me smile, because shortly after that I went to an Italian specialty shop, and they sold duck fat in this cute little jar.

I don't hold the front 13 as sacred as some people, I liked the back 9, because Kurt really came into his own. Snarky, fabulous, strong Kurt. Please bring him back in NY. Pretty, pretty please.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum