Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3

+33
paulopf
Shinra17
Vir Cotto
Sminky
CCfan93
M&M
Heyerchick
Ireth
BlueJazz
ColferInspired
E-ko
Esme
happydays
HollyMc.
red texta
Dame Loli
sjonnepon
CloveGlee
arina
brisallie
Divalicious
ColferGirl
dap1217
Glorfindel
Emile
Jellyrolls
Delight
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Buenos
sahhar
fantastica
kac
37 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3

Post  valkeakuulas 4/27/2012, 11:23 am

Glorfindel wrote:I woke up with the gruesome thought that Kurt might be the one to choke.....on his Phantom song.

Rachel's audition solo is DROMP. We already have that recording, so they don't have to release it again. That's maybe why it wasn't posted at Amazon, not because she chokes on it.
But there is no Phantom song, so it could mean that Kurt chokes on it. ohmy

Oh damn, we have too much imagination and nightmares in this fandom. I'm thinking that, just like the picture is showing, we get all the prep done on his audition, buuuut then cut just as he is about to start and same goes for Rachels performance. So we will be not shown audition performances at all. I have to think it like this. Who controls the rights to POTO, I assume it's still Lloyd Webber? This song might be used as a audition song in the storyline but because they do not withhold the rights we will not see it.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3

Post  HollyMc. 4/27/2012, 11:29 am

I think Phantom would be perfect for this voice.
Music of the Night is such a beautiful song.

I can't believe they're not doing it! And teasing us with the outfit!?
That's just mean! :(

I am not a fan of "Not the Boy Next Door", which is the song he's doing.
It's vocally simple, and too silly.

Phantom would be perfect. I don't know why Kurt would change his mind and change his song to "Not the boy next door"

HollyMc.
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  red texta 4/27/2012, 11:36 am

hola

First Listen Friday for Choke

The music is out. Not going to say anything until a few other people have listened to it. wub
red texta
red texta
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  happydays 4/27/2012, 11:42 am

Ok. I like NTBND. It's not epic as I would want his audition to be but there's a high G I've been waiting for him to sing for so long...

Add some high kicks and you'll have a great number!! neutre

BTW, it's here if some of you can't see it one the gleemusic page as I don't. http://gleemusicdownloads.tumblr.com/post/21912728786/glee-cast-not-the-boy-next-door

Last edited by happydays on 4/27/2012, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
happydays
happydays
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 11:42 am

AIWNSG is also a webbed song. Its not the rights issue. I think its the vocals: the women's part needs operatic singing voice. Phantom has a deep very dark voice. They cant reproduce it well based on thiscast, but then they did w Tony and Maria...

Kurt wont choke. POTO is a rehearsal scene. Blainewas watching and Kurt was talking to himself. although there's a second scene w a slightly different outfit.... they r definately made me interested inthis episode.

Don't forget Rachel's sad face onstage. She looks more like the choking one. And rumors went r and woopy has more scenes together so it sounds like shes the choking one. And don't forget that r and k has a number of crying scenes at the locker. I cant imagine Kurt crying on Rachel's shoulder. Shes too short.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Esme 4/27/2012, 11:45 am

re: NTBND, I actually love it. It's not a song I am that familiar with but he sounds tremendous on it. I like him using his highest range only in spots for dramatic effect rather singing the entire song in it.

I like this better than IHN and I can imagine that coupled with his performance of it, it will be a great Kurt moment.
Esme
Esme
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  HollyMc. 4/27/2012, 11:53 am

**sigh**
I really wanted Phantom. I really don't like that song. It's silly and boring.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE "The Cell Block Tango", and the girl's voices are stunning on "Shake it Out"
Haven't listened to the others yet.

HollyMc.
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2012, 12:11 pm

^Hi GA. Bye, GA.

I love NTBND. And that high G is perfect: open, free and on pitch. wub

It's not the amazing big audition song I expected. But they put it in a really good key for him, and those high notes show of his vocal range.
Using this 'easy' song in itself is a safe choice, but by putting those high notes in, they made a perfect balance of solid singing, display of abilities, and some daring moves.

But I still want that Phantom song.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/27/2012, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 4/27/2012, 12:16 pm

Ooh, NTBND is cute and fun. The glory notes are gorgeous. Not exactly sure how this is better than any of his female Broadway songs, tho, and def don't like it that this is the song/performance he gets into NYADA with(-- probably). But strip it of its Glee-context and view it just as a Chris-song itself, I really love it.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/27/2012, 12:17 pm

Frankly, I'm loving all the music this week.

NTBND - while technically isn't difficult, Chris sounds phenomenal on it and I'm loving those few super high notes that he did for flourish. And I'm sure that the visuals will only add to the song. I'm loving it - I must have listened it 10 times already.

As for Phantom - that scene pic if from the scene with Blaine where Kurt is rehearsing. If you remember the promo, there is another Phantom scene where Kurt and Rachel are fully dress as Phantom and Christine (where she sprays his mouth)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/27/2012, 12:20 pm

Like others, I adore his song, perhaps it isn't showy enough, but that is where the visuals will come in hopefully.

I am very excited!
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/27/2012, 12:20 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Hi GA. Bye, GA.

I love NTBND. And that high G is perfect: open, free and on pitch. wub

It's still not the amazing big audition song I expected. But they put it in a really good key for him, and those high notes show of his vocal range.

But I still want that Phantom song.
Bitch, I want the whole soundtrack. crycry
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2012, 12:21 pm

tanita_mors wrote:Frankly, I'm loving all the music this week.

NTBND - while technically isn't difficult, Chris sounds phenomenal on it and I'm loving those few super high notes that he did for flourish. And I'm sure that the visuals will only add to the song. I'm loving it - I must have listened it 10 times already.
I'm addicted too. Smile

As for Phantom - that scene pic if from the scene with Blaine where Kurt is rehearsing. If you remember the promo, there is another Phantom scene where Kurt and Rachel are fully dress as Phantom and Christine (where she sprays his mouth)
Maybe they will keep it to next week?

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please please, please.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2012, 12:28 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/27/2012, 12:29 pm

Hugh Jackman watches Glee, and he will be seeing Chris performing a song from The Boy of Oz.

As an Aussie I feel honored that they gave this song to Chris. Peter Allen was one of our greats.

Chris knocked this out of the park. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 5 413578547

I like it is not a imitation with the little things Chris has added to making it soully Kurt's. I can't wait for this performance. I feel this is going to be one of those Kurt moments. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 5 413578547
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/27/2012, 12:30 pm

I love the Rain In Spain - very punk-rock
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 12:32 pm

Love love love Chris number! Those glorious high notes r just glorious! Marie is this songsung in its original key? And what's that highest note? Just curious.

I also think jenna sounds great too. Miss her voice a bit.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/27/2012, 12:33 pm

School's Out - is also good, but I thank that the guitar is a bit too load and Mark doesn't quite have the voice for hard-rock, but it's good cover

Shake It Out and Cell Block Tango are great as well. Lea's solo is well, Lea's solo - vocal always fantastic, boring after a while.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 4/27/2012, 12:35 pm

Really love ntbnd,so upbeat and light.Not Kurt's 'nomal' dramatic song,but still.

I can't listen to SIO,no one can touch Florence especially glee these no emotion investing female singers,except Jenna maybe.Also Naya sings too much I may be sick of her.
Cry is meh.
School's out is not my cup of tea,tho.
The rain is spain is fun.
LOL at CBT.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 4/27/2012, 12:37 pm

fantastica wrote:Love love love Chris number! Those glorious high notes r just glorious! Marie is this songsung in its original key? And what's that highest note? Just curious.

Is that a High G?I don't know,just heard someone says so.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/27/2012, 12:37 pm

Um, I have no words. No words at all. Shocked Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 5 2176491633 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 5 4029858209 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 5 1299365076

I grew up loving My Fair Lady, so if I did say something, there would be so many expletives I might have to remove myself from the board until after the episode aired. So I will just keep it to myself.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/27/2012, 12:40 pm

My thoughts on First Listen:

Cry made me go mmhn, a typical ballad, I don't have to listen to it again. Lea can sing, I have no idea how Clarkson sounds don't listen to her at all.

Cell Block Tango was excellent, I'm sucker for musicals. Just waiting to see who will get "stabbed" and "shot" in the scene.

Boy Next Door was...good and pure fun, I can basically hear the glitter and glimmer in this. And that grunt in the middle, do we get our much anticipated high kick here. I feel this is a good audition piece in the episode.

Rains In Spain is My Fair Lady to me all the way. Nice try at the arrangement but no. I had hard time telling who sang what. Finns voice was the only one I recognised right away. So no Blaine solo, but I have a sneaking suspision that he's hidden somewhere in this song... dryy

Schools Out showed me that it is finally good to hear Puck singing! And the song fits like a glove to the current plot, but something lacked for me in this.

Shake It Out is the only one I simply do not like. As a fan of Florence I might have a defensive attitude, but it had too many levels of vocals that it sounded funny for me. It should have been just a Tina solo, she's done so well previously with Florence songs since we have so many solos.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/27/2012, 12:46 pm

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMG!!!!!

I just woke up and listened to NTBND. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS AMAZING!!! I couldn't stop smiling and then towards the end I cried I love it so much. It's so good! He sounds freaking fantastic and its wonderful and I love it to pieces and I can't stop listening to it long enough to listen to the other songs. I'm so in love with it, and I loooooooooove the high notes that he did in the song for an added flourish, so wonderful! Love love love it.

wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub

Chris songs (heck, Chris in general, if Tribeca night is anything to go by) makes me really emotional I guess. blushh
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 4/27/2012, 12:50 pm

I think if there's a Kurt Hummel Show,Not the boy next door should be its theme song.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2012, 12:51 pm

fantastica wrote:Love love love Chris number! Those glorious high notes r just glorious! Marie is this songsung in its original key? And what's that highest note? Just curious.

I missed Jenna's voice too.

And that high note is a high G !!! (the other high note is an F).

It's not in the original key, it's much higher. It's 6 (!) semitones higher than Hugh Jackman's version.
And I think they put it in a perfect key for him, to display his warmest timbre.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next