Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3

+33
paulopf
Shinra17
Vir Cotto
Sminky
CCfan93
M&M
Heyerchick
Ireth
BlueJazz
ColferInspired
E-ko
Esme
happydays
HollyMc.
red texta
Dame Loli
sjonnepon
CloveGlee
arina
brisallie
Divalicious
ColferGirl
dap1217
Glorfindel
Emile
Jellyrolls
Delight
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Buenos
sahhar
fantastica
kac
37 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2012, 1:00 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

Um, I have no words. No words at all. Shocked Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 6 2176491633 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 6 4029858209 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 6 1299365076

I grew up loving My Fair Lady, so if I did say something, there would be so many expletives I might have to remove myself from the board until after the episode aired. So I will just keep it to myself.
That's why we have the snark and bark thread. Razz

It's not the way I would love to hear My Fair Lady, but I appreciate the fun they had with it. hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3

Post  valkeakuulas 4/27/2012, 1:01 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:Frankly, I'm loving all the music this week.

NTBND - while technically isn't difficult, Chris sounds phenomenal on it and I'm loving those few super high notes that he did for flourish. And I'm sure that the visuals will only add to the song. I'm loving it - I must have listened it 10 times already.
I'm addicted too. Smile

It is strangley addictive song, repeat a lot recently? It makes me feel good and finally a fast paced song for Kurt. Razz
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2012, 1:03 pm

Ahem !!!

If anyone finds a download of NTBND, please let me know ???
I promise I will buy the song as soon as it's out on iTunes. suure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  red texta 4/27/2012, 1:03 pm

The thread split ate my long reviewy post :( and it's too late here for me to type that up again so just a few thoughts:

I love Not the Boy Next Door. I wasn't expecting it to be so smooth at the beginning, I was expecting a more bold and brassy Peter Allen. I was also worried before that this song just wasn't going to show off Kurt's range but I needn't have worried. Kurt gave the song his own spin by sending the melody soaring and really hitting those high notes. It's lovely. And too short! I still think the song itself is a little pedestrian but the way Kurt has made it his own and played to his strengths should make Ms Carmen Thibideaux sit up and listen.

Nice work Chris.

Of the others I love the 'acoustic' version of Shake it Out. It's great to see them break out of the standard pattern of only ever doing duets or group songs by taking a small group (who aren't boyfriend/girlfriend even) and having them harmonize on a song. The Rain in Spain punk version is hilarious. With Cell Block Tango I kinda wish they'd released a full version even if they cut it drastically in the show. School's Out and Cry are underwhelming. Also Santana sings too much. I like her voice but enough already.
red texta
red texta
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 4/27/2012, 1:04 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Ahem !!!

Try this one
http://www.mediafire.com/?4u6jtwizlog798p
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/27/2012, 1:06 pm

I am very picky with music. There is so much I dislike (like I said somewhere else, some of it comes from working at a record store where I had no say in the music that was forced on me all day long, day in and day out), so I apologize if I hate someone's favourites, these are really my own opinions and stupidities.

Of course I like Kurt's Not the Boy Next Door. I have never heard ths song before, I liked it. I like it when Kurt sings.

Cell Block Tango, (yes like you, valkeakuulas, I am a "sucker" for musicals), I also liked it.

Cry is a boring song for me, and sorry, it is well sung, but I could not make it all the way through. I also could not make it through the Rain in Spain, it just became noise after awhile (and this is coming from somebody who did a visual arts degree during the birth of punk). Perhaps the performance will improve it. Schools Out was well done, but I don't really care about the song, it will be fun in the episode judging from the clip I saw of the performance.

I'm not sure about Shake it Out, I reserve judgement until I see it in the show.

Last edited by kac on 4/27/2012, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add a phrase)
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 1:07 pm

Extremely addictive. And I love the grunt in the middle. Just love this boy to pieces! Wish he's a fur ball I can take home.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 4/27/2012, 1:10 pm

^^
I've listened to it about 40+ times already
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 4/27/2012, 1:12 pm

OK, so revising my earlier opinion: I've been listening to NTBND on loop and now I actually think it's a perfect full-circle moment re: Mr. Cellophane. The same sort of mid/low-range with a flourish at the end and the same sort of sass except Chris' voice has naturally matured so much and it's just beyond perfect. Even the lyrics are complimentary to Kurt's journey from the ignored, inconsequential Mr. Cellophane to the Not-The-Boy-Next-Door that just doesn't and won't fit in.

And while I'm sure it's all just a happy coincidence-- Applause, Glee! Smile

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2012, 1:20 pm

dap1217 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Ahem !!!

Try this one
http://www.mediafire.com/?4u6jtwizlog798p
bisou
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/27/2012, 1:23 pm

I don't think the Dean of NYADA comes all this way to listen to two people, it is more likely a group audition, and perhaps someone else sings Phantom before their turn is up. Then they have to quickly change what they are doing, going in unrehearsed, Rachel decides to do her stand by anthym (sp?) and Kurt does the more simplistic song, but he hasn't had time to do anything more elaborate, he has no props. With the added anxiety, plus Rachel's usual 1000% of emotions, she chokes, Kurt, deciding he has nothing to lose is more at ease, and sails through the process.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/27/2012, 1:27 pm

@Dap - thank you so much for the download!!! wub

I finally calmed down enough to listen to the other songs. ooppss

I'm in the minority but I actually really love Cry. Yes, it's just one more solo for Rachel to add to her huge pile, but I still really like it. Depending on how the frame the performance in the show it might get me to feel for Rachel a little, if she fears her dreams are ruined. But Lea's voice as always is lovely.

And I really really like Cell Block Tango. Smile I love Tina and Sugar's parts (or at least I think that's them), very awesome.

I like that they did an acoustic version of Shake it Out. To be honest, the guitar in the back is what I love most about the song, and I wonder if there's a way to get just an instrumental of this. I'm a huge Florence and the Machine fan and I'll admit I'm kind of a snob about them, so in my first listen of Glee's version I didn't like it, I'm so used to hearing Florence. When I listened to it a second time and tried to take off my snob cap I liked it a little more though. It'll probably grow on me, though it'll never beat Florence's. And I wish it had just been Tina on the song, since Santana and Mercedes get to sing so often anyway, but the three of them do sound wonderful together.

I don't like School's Out or Rain in Spain. Just don't like the punk-rock style, I guess. I'll probably really like the Rain in Spain performance, though, for the crazy blinkk of it all.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/27/2012, 1:35 pm

I know I'm in the minority in not preferring Chris/Kurt to have sung "Phantom" as his audition piece. Eventually on the show, yes, but I actually wanted something more playful and fun, as opposed to slightly overwrought. (Having said that I love "Phantom" don't judge me!)

TBND, lyrically and in spirit fits what Kurt is all about and it does display his range, I can only imagine how Chris dancing and acting will enhance the performance as a whole, can't wait!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2012, 2:16 pm

^TBH: The Phantom is a song that's been done hundreds of time, so I know what you're saying. It would be predictable.
But Kurt singing the Phantom............ ded
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/27/2012, 2:17 pm

I really, really, really liked Kurt's song. It was a simple yet effective choice and Chris knocked it out of the park displaying both his registers. I can't wait to see his performance. I really hope Kurt is the one who get's in NYADA. Nothing would make more sense and make me happier. I'll even forgive him not having a solo at Nationals (still pissed about that though). I just really hope Kurt is the one who get's accepted.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/27/2012, 2:48 pm

So, does anyone else think that Blaine watch's Kurt rehearse the phantom song, and then is the one who suggests NTBND?

I'm sure the visual on NTBND is going to be amazing. It's a fun song, and Chris will do something fun with it. This must have been the song that one of the Anders brothers said Chris was excited about (because I can't picture Chris getting excited for Whitney).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 4/27/2012, 2:51 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:So, does anyone else think that Blaine watch's Kurt rehearse the phantom song, and then is the one who suggests NTBND?

EWWWW,don't go there,but sadly I can imagine the writers do that.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/27/2012, 3:06 pm

I like all of the songs this week !!!

- Shake It Out = lovely, beautiful harmonies. I especially love Jenna and Amber in this song. Naya doesn't really fit in with her timbre, imo, but it's still a lovely song.

- Cry = the usual Lea quality, but I admit: a bit predictable. I hope Rachel will be alright at the end of this episode, because this song will have me bawling. :(

- Cell Block Tango = I was anxious for this one. It's good, maybe a little bit tame, but as I said: I had high expectations for this one and they didn't disappoint. I can't wait for the performance.

- The Rain in Spain = ptdr Professor Higgins would roll over in his grave. Great fun.

- School's Out = Not my cup of tea, but done okay I guess.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 3:06 pm

they changed the last notes so he can really shine as "not the boy next door" - which boy next door can sound like THAT!!!
compare w/ the original Huge Jackman version:

chris really held his own. I can clearly see him on bway one day.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 6 Empty 3.18 spoiler tweets

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 4:15 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 6 EUHFp

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 6 EIi02

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 6 ASpBE

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 3 - Page 6 6nMW0

Biest has a song? Cell block is related to domestic violence? NYADA is B plot? ok.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/27/2012, 4:33 pm

fantastica wrote:Biest has a song? Cell block is related to domestic violence? NYADA is B plot? ok.
Yeah, I think is related to it. And I really don't know why. I mean, she kills Cooter, or what...? arghh
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/27/2012, 4:38 pm

Chris killed his new solo! wub The more I listening to it, the more I love it, it's really catchy and his voice sounds awesome on this!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 4:39 pm

Emile wrote:
fantastica wrote:Biest has a song? Cell block is related to domestic violence? NYADA is B plot? ok.
Yeah, I think is related to it. And I really don't know why. I mean, she kills Cooter, or what...? arghh
that's so funny if she kills cooter... Razz glee first tackled bullying, then suicide, and now homocide! next season genocide? haha, but I doubt they will go there. maybe the "jail" is a metaphore for her feeling trapped in a bad relationship. maybe it's a dream sequence, becaues the girls are singing it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 4:51 pm

There's a clip of Puck and is dad. sorry can't embed. here's the link to the video:
http://www.etonline.com/tv/121207_Thomas_Calabro_on_Glee_Clip/index.html

a dad asking his high school son (whom he had no contact w/ for a long time) for money? it's not like "oh I forgot my wallet can I borrow 20 dollars" sort of thing. i would seriously slap him! i would rather to to the subway begging w/ a bowl than asking my children for rent money (probably used for boos instead).

Last edited by fantastica on 4/27/2012, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/27/2012, 4:54 pm

Those of you who are tweeter happy, ask Michael Ausiello what's the deal with Kurt/Rachel and Phantom. I forgot my damn password.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next