Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

+25
bayth
Georgette888
M&M
quietbelle
Ranwing
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
rainespeaks
mindschemez
Ireth
Delight
coxfire
sheny
tanita_mors
Divalicious
Lottie2303
angelnessa
Kurt addict
fantastica
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColferInspired
29 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

Post  Glorfindel 11/18/2014, 5:03 am

M&M wrote:Thanks. I wonder if this is supposed to be for an ep 8 audition and then we learn she gets a new role in 13. A bit (very!) bitter that we will never get to see Kurt have a successful audition for a role. I think his "win" this year is supposed to be Bland.
More probably it will be in episode 7, as this is the 'Transitioning' episode, as RIB love their titles with multiple meanings. Rolling Eyes

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:If Kurt must be married to Blaine ,than at the very least I  want Kurt to have a very successful career  in  fashion design   and or Broadway. He will most likely  end up been a househusband to Blaine. :angry:  One reason I won't be watching season six live,if I watch at all.
Well, RIB will very clearly make sure in season 6 (even with a scene with extras at NYADA) that Kurt, and not Rachel nor Blaine(!), is still studying at NYADA, working steadily and persistant on his musical career, so I doubt they will have him give that up for Blaine after all. Even RIB know they would go too far if they take New York away from Kurt.
(Although, lbr, they only let Kurt have NYADA and not the other 2 because they wanted to give Rachel and Blaine big redemption arcs. On Glee it's best for your character to not get the focus most of the time.)

What I expect will happen is that Klaine will reunite and then Kurt will take Blaine on tow back to New York, using his good reputation and influence at NYADA and Carmen to get Blaine back in NYADA again.
Because that's how things go with Kurt: he always helps others to get ahead, even to benefit from things he worked for and sometimes even at the detriment of himself, without getting much thanks for it in return. While he himself has to struggle mostly alone, and struggle hard, for the few tidbits RIB throw to him sometimes (and then usually his friends still profit the most from his achievements and connections).

Do I dislike that it once again will be Rachel who gets the New York scenes and the succesful audition and the (undeserved imo) new chance at Broadway, and not Kurt? Yes, of course, as a Kurt fan it irritates me that he only excists as a prop for miss Berry and the greasestain, when he should get his own career storylines as well.

But on the other hand: Rachel's story is already completely ruined, it's dead beyond resurrection, not even her fans like it anymore, and basically nothing can redeem or mend it, not even her triumphant return to Broadway. I'd even argue that Rachel being the special snowflake on Broadway yet again will damage her story even more.
So if I have to choose I'll take Kurt's (mostly unintented, neglected and in the background) journey each and every time over hers.

Same goes for Klaine btw: them breaking up again after fighting for a whole year in New York, and then Blaine shagging and shacking up with Karofsky within a few months after, has destroyed Klaine so much that even many Klainers don't want them to get married in the last episode of Glee anymore.
Kurt may end up with Bland after all (I think that's inevitable), but many viewers will come out of the ending of Glee thinking Kurt deserves better, while the dislike and annoyance for Blaine (and Rachel too for that matter) as too-much-shoved-in-our-faces character will even be stronger than before (which imo will stain Darren's career for a long while).

In the mean time Kurt will have never dropped out of school, will still be building on his career, and will have shown that he's reliable, loyal, and can handle the demands of multiple jobs at the same time, even when being burdened with personal problems. You can't say that of many other characters from Glee.
(Funny fact is that it's the neglected, and most disliked by RIB, characters on Glee who stay in college and show responsibility: Kurt, Mike, Tina, Quinn, Artie.)

Five years from now the first character people will remember with fondness when being asked about Glee will be Kurt, not Blaine, not even Glee's "once in a generation" star Rachel.
And when it comes to LGBTQIA+ rights Klaine will mean nothing anymore (if it ever did), but Kurt will still be loved and lauded for being the breakout gay character that really made a difference and saved lives.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 11/18/2014, 6:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

Post  Buenos 11/18/2014, 5:13 am

Sigh, can't disagree that RIB have ruined Rachels Broadway stardom dreams. Giving her another BW role so soon is rather pointless and has lost all impact or importance.

As to Blaine, pairing him and having him be fucked ( literally and figuratively) by Karofsky 24/7 is something even his most rabid Stans find hard to stomache.

Compared to them, Kurt's reduced screentime is a blessing.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2014, 10:05 am

These spoilers really irritate me. I'd been hoping that the NY plot was speculation and it's pathetic that Marie read it right and it's going to be all about Rachel again (ignoring that Kurt is the one who has any reasons to make a trip to NY).

I spelled out previously that the odds of Rachel ever working on Broadway again after quitting Funny Girl were slim to none. She is simply too much a liability and regardless of how talented she might be cannot be counted on to fulfill her contract. This has nothing to do with her abilities as a performer, but is strictly a business decision. An actor that quits a show barely a month after opening (especially one that has no previous professional track record) would just be considered too much of a risk when you consider the millions of dollars it takes to put on even a modest Broadway production. At best, Rachel would need to allow enough time to past for the fury over her behavior to ease and then maybe she might be able to get a small supporting or chorus part (where the whole show isn't riding on her shoulders) to start rebuilding her career. Not have her flit into New York barely six months after not only quitting Funny Girl, but having her tv show flop. There's not an investor that would allow her to be cast at this stage.

And seriously... Leading a school show choir for a few weeks and maybe getting one successful competition under their belts is supposed to convince the theater world that Rachel Berry isn't a complete screw up and can be trusted again? Considering that she wasn't able to do it without having all of her old high school friends coming in to help her? Especially Kurt?

The second reason is that she made a commitment to New Directions to be their director for the duration. Hell, she paid for the privilege to be allowed to bring the team back. And now that they've barely gotten the team off the ground, she's off to New York to see her fortunes there? Does this girl see any of her commitments through? Maybe she thinks that with Kurt there she can dump the total responsibility on his shoulders if she can find someone on Broadway willing to work with her, but that's being completely dismissive of Kurt's goals. He stayed in Lima to help Rachel, and is using his work with New Directions for NYADA credits. Not to make it a permanent gig because his supposed bestie can't finish one job without trying to run off to the next.

The only way they can make this work at all is if Rachel arrives in NY and finds doors slammed in her face, and then returns to Lima to find Kurt completely pissed off that she would be willing to dump the kids that they were leading if she had the slightest chance to get what she really wanted.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 11/18/2014, 10:51 am

I am in the same camp as the rest of you, especially Ranwing's hope that Rachel has doors slammed in her face.  But truly, since this whole thing is supposed to be about Glee club, the club itself should rise up against the all is about me Rachel either way.  She builds them up, again, the components of the universe are there to further the desires of Rachel Berry.  She uses Kurt's loyalty, she uses her talent to convince others to give her chances after chances, even if she chooses that that is not enough for her.  She used the Glee club performance in her Senior Year to push getting into NYADA.  I know, it is actually RIB who have done so, but it is their creation, Rachel, that they choose to put in the sole female spotlight, just like they choose Blaine to be their sole male spotlight.

Anywhoo, the club should resent this person they put their trust in as a leader would just whimsically trot off so her own ends are met. To truly redeem Rachel after all the crap of the past few years, she would have to not only choose to stay as a Glee club teacher, but pave Mr. Schue's way there.  Mr. Schue, for all his faults with Kurt (which I do not forget, no solos in a competition, what??!) is a very talented man, who put the Glee club before his own desires, because, at least initially, he was there so the kids who were losers could feel what it is like to win.  Rachel needs to do something actually selfless, instead of selflessness disguised as  me still getting what I want.

I have given up on Kurt getting anything other than Blaine. Despite him still being at school, and working his very find ass off, he pines for his childbride Blaine.  Blaine, who shacks up with another, Kurt's bully nonetheless, is supposedly absolutely ready to get marred to Kurt all within 13 episodes?  Come on. But Glee ceased to be about anything real when they allowed Sue to toss someone down the stair's and to punch out a judge at a competition.  So it will make perfect sense for when Karofsky is Blaine's best man, to show, no hard feelings.

It does go to show, despite the utter dreck that they write, the original creations of RIB still draw us, in particularly Kurt.  Here we are, still writing without any hope at all that Kurt will get to be other than very attractive and talented window dressing while Rachel and Blaine get the majority of the story time.  I guess one of my biggest annoyances is that Glee takes so much time to tell Rachel and Blaine's stories, but then just turns around and negates whatever progress they made.  Rachel has to keep learning the same lesson.  Blaine has to keep being insecure.  They've wasted so much time that they could have told actual stories with, and still would have the possibility of still having Rachel and Blaine being in the forefront.  But again, like Sue, they have become caricatures, and the stories are based on one character trait.  

It does go to show, that whether it be Fox, or the fans, that they don't totally deconstruct Kurt's character. He still is loyal, they talk about his talent, even if they don't show it much, he still strives.  Kurt is the one character that they began the show with that has shown a clear story.  He was a loser, in the closet, who blossomed because of Glee club.  Fell in love (with a loser) and went to NY.  Stayed in school and didn't take the easy way out.  I guess they can't have him leave school, because this show was supposed to be about the importance of the Arts and Education. Having all these people leave college on screen, it would behoove them to keep someone who gets a corner of the spotlight to actually be in school.

Anyway, looking forward to the show starting, so it can end. Then we can have our own story-a-thon afterwards where we reconstruct what happens to Kurt in our universe, not the twisted RIBverse.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2014, 11:36 am

Right now, the best that I can hope for with Kurt is that his professional future will be left open ended, but with the things that he's gained not taken away. I know that he'll be stuck with Blaine until the end of the season (and my headcanon is already sketching out the final split as soon as the cameras stop rolling), but so long as he's still at NYADA and has his professional opportunities open to him, I'm okay with that. The show is never going to allow him to have those big on screen successes that they've granted Rachel and Blaine so my imagination (which is a damn sight better than RIB's) will pick up the slack. Kurt will stay at NYADA, finish his education and then start acting professionally. Small roles at first, then his first lead (off Broadway) before finally getting his big Broadway lead. And if a certain yummy Englishman (who is currently playing Wesley in a musical version of The Princess Bride) happens to find his way back to Kurt's side, so much the better.

Rachel's storyline has been butchered to the point where not even her fans can tolerate it. Once they wreaked her career so totally, this season needed to be about her not just regaining her confidence (which she rarely had a lack of, even when it bordered on hubris), but about needing to rebuild her professional reputation so that she would have a chance of getting a professional acting career again. This is not something that can happen in a matter of a few months. It's going to take years for Rachel to undo the damage that she did to herself. And that's if she is ever really able to. For me, the only logical way for the season to end that won't have me throwing things at the TV is for Rachel to recognize that she's not going to fix her career woes overnight (and accept that the odds are very much stacked against her) and when Kurt (and presumably Blaine) return to NY, she goes with them to start doing the hard work. End things on an open ended note so that those who care to can imagine that Rachel will eventually find her way back to the stage, but without the need to just hand her another inappropriate and unjustified reward.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/18/2014, 8:53 pm

Firstly we don't know if this is her dreaming of going back to New York.

So far they are still shooting 6 and 7.

If she ended up back on Broadway in 7, would they just have Rachel in New York and no-one else?

Plus, it looks like she is singing. saispa
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  quietbelle 11/18/2014, 9:51 pm

Sniff. It would be awful if Kurt remained behind in Lima and followed Shuester or tried to fulfill some concept of Finn's dreams. Just No.

If they allow Rachel to regain stardom after wrecking her career then Glee should post a warning akin to the warning labels on cigarettes. Or maybe like the disclaimers before bad stunt shows like "Jackass ". Don't try this at home kids, you WILL wreck your entire career.
quietbelle
quietbelle
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/19/2014, 7:26 pm

Not a real spoiler, but the pic was taken on the Paramount lot, so.....:

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Tumblr_nfb41mpzR51qe476yo1_1280

#lunch with Christopher Coffer Wink & the #crew #break #blessed #ParamounttStudios #working so not my best picture but hey & more #filming #tonight! PLUS my boss is back from Filming #savages .more #Glee coming up soon Wink #celebrity
x

In the mean time Klainers are showing what excellent allies and LGBTQIA+ supporters they are by throwing a tantrum, yet again Rolling Eyes, because Naya tweeted that she's filming a BIG Brittana episode now (presumably their wedding, either in 6x06, 6x07 or 6x08).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/19/2014, 9:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Not a real spoiler, but the pic was taken on the Paramount lot, so.....:

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Tumblr_nfb41mpzR51qe476yo1_1280

#lunch with Christopher Coffer Wink & the #crew #break #blessed #ParamounttStudios #working so not my best picture but hey & more #filming #tonight! PLUS my boss is back from Filming #savages .more #Glee coming up soon Wink #celebrity
x

In the mean time Klainers are showing what excellent allies and LGBTQIA+ supporters they are by throwing a tantrum, yet again Rolling Eyes, because Naya tweeted that she's filming a BIG Brittana episode now (presumably their wedding, either in 6x06, 6x07 or 6x08).

That sweatshirt Chris is wearing is from the organisation Defeat The Label: "The objective of Defeat The Label is simple, to create a movement. Defeat The Label strives to promote an inclusive, judgement free society".

I would love to live in a world where there are no labels, that we are just people, each and everyone of us.
Chris is so much for equality that it makes my heart smile. wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/19/2014, 9:37 pm

Rachel got egged again. Shocked 

So, obviously she is not in New York as she is on set with the others.

And they are still filming 6, 7 and look to be filming 8 as well.

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Tumblr_nfb9fnFwZt1ql1znmo4_250  Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Tumblr_nfb9fnFwZt1ql1znmo1_250

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Tumblr_nfb9fnFwZt1ql1znmo3_250  Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Tumblr_nfb9fnFwZt1ql1znmo2_250
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/19/2014, 11:03 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Not a real spoiler, but the pic was taken on the Paramount lot, so.....:

x

That sweatshirt Chris is wearing is from the organisation Defeat The Label: "The objective of Defeat The Label is simple, to create a movement. Defeat The Label strives to promote an inclusive, judgement free society".

I would love to live in a world where there are no labels, that we are just people, each and everyone of us.
Chris is so much for equality that it makes my heart smile. wub

Chris is an amazing person. Proud to be a fan.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/19/2014, 11:19 pm

Can I just say, the thought of Brittana and Klaine having weddings is just crazy. Seriously? Two couples getting married in their late teens/early twenties? People just don't get married at 19 and 20 anymore.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/19/2014, 11:24 pm

A teenage "straight" marriage was viewed negatively on Glee , and yet two teenage gay marriages are supposed to seen as positive and uplifting. There is something wrong with that picture as it compartmentalizes gay as somehow better or more justifiable in a marriage than straight.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 11/20/2014, 12:29 am

^ Especially if none of them has an actual job. Britney is in college still isn't she? I am not sure, I have a tendency to zone out when she is on the screen. Santana was a waitress. Also, the Glee club position is not a paid one, at least they never indicated it was, I remember Mr. Schue having to basically pay for it. Perhaps the Dalton's position is paid, after all,they worship Blaine, the students might pay his salary themselves. Kurt has a part time job/internship which, if it pays, it is probably not much. So perfect, let the young peeps get married without plans on how to care for themselves, because ITS GLEE, and reality has nothing to do with it. They are gay, so it is a political statement to show that they can be as stupid as the straights. Oh my head.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/20/2014, 1:06 am

Well that is marriage equality.  Smile

Ryan Murphy really does have some bizarrely old fashioned conventional, almost reactionary POV on relationships and marriage.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/20/2014, 2:04 am

On Glee itself I really don't have problems with how Kurt is portrayed and even his characterization has stayed relatively consistent. My main issue has been the lack of screen time, songs and SL focus the last few years on Glee. (That's "all"... coool )

Even in the relationship with Blaine, Kurt doesn't across as needy, insecure or seeing Blaine as his end all or be all, and that has stayed pretty much the same since they first paired them up. Even for the proposal, Kurt was the one who was reluctant and hesitant, he is on the record on saying he's not pinning his future happiness on just being married to Blaine (in "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds") and the spoilers for S6 have Kurt ending the relationship due to their fighting.

So whether (most likely) Kurt ends up with Blaine, his character for me has not been ruined.

I'm fairly confident they are going to give him some sort of forward progress on NYADA or his career by the series conclusion. I"m realistic that it won't nearly be enough, but I strongly doubt they are going to run him under the bus.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/20/2014, 10:15 am

Both Rachel and Blaine get egged, because they are the biggest losers and underdogs of all the Glee characters of course, and Glee loves to rehash their old storylines.
Wanna bet the egging gets done by Vocal Adrenaline again too?

So revolutionary. dryy

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Tumblr_nfb9smTKbC1r4ezfzo1_500

@Matt_Morrison A Shuester family outing!! Love my pretend family!!
Aww. wub 

Wemma and Daniel are taking a stroll through the park together, when they meet egged Rachel and Blaine (because Wemma can't get a scene only for themselves apparently).
Glad to see Jayma again.

If Vocal Adrenaline indeed does the egging again, in front of Mr. Shue no less, then I wonder if Will's position in that show choir has changed recently. Maybe Rachel gives ND back to Will before she moves back to New York?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/20/2014, 10:28 am

Jayma looks so good!

As does Matt and Baby!

wub wub
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/20/2014, 11:00 am

What they heck are they doing with Rachel's costumes? Because she's now looking as old as Lea actually is! Maybe she's trying to be taken seriously as a teacher (which is going to be a challenge, given that she's barely two years our of high school herself and barely finished a year at NYADA before dropping out). It's very much in Rachel's character to match her "costume" to the role that she's trying to play in real life. Not sorry to see the last of the over the knee stockings, but still....

If the egging is supposed to make me feel sorry for the two poor "losers", it's not going to work. Not when both Rachel are Blaine are in situations of their own making. Am curious to see what lead up to this...

Will and Emma are adorable. Not one for babies, but their son is absolutely precious.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/20/2014, 11:05 am

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Tumblr_nfbdro9Lag1r4ezfzo1_1280'

The baby!! wub wub
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/20/2014, 7:29 pm

Don't know how legit this is but it just popped up in the Chris Colfer tag on tumblr:

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Tumblr_nfcz6nTkXp1sg9z6fo1_1280

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 13 Tumblr_nfcz6nTkXp1sg9z6fo2_1280
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/20/2014, 8:22 pm

Yup, Kurt is running:  Arrow instagram vine.

So they were filming glee is LA today! I seemed to be the only one that knew because I was the only one there. The only actor there was... CHRIS COLFER! I got to watch him run! He looked beautiful! The video is if him running! #chriscolfer #glee #watchinggleebeingfilmed #chriscolferrunning
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/20/2014, 8:29 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Yup, Kurt is running:  Arrow  instagram vine.

So they were filming glee is LA today! I seemed to be the only one that knew because I was the only one there. The only actor there was... CHRIS COLFER! I got to watch him run! He looked beautiful! The video is if him running! #chriscolfer #glee #watchinggleebeingfilmed #chriscolferrunning

I would love to think he is running away from Blaine and heading back to New York. Twisted Evil
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 11/20/2014, 8:48 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Yup, Kurt is running:  Arrow  instagram vine.

Damn. I clicked that link, then accidentally clicked on the Instagram of a rabid Klainer/CrissColfer shipper. MY EYES!!! I need eye bleach stat vomir .

I'm glad it was just Chris there. Watching him run would have been a treat.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/20/2014, 10:43 pm

As for the recent spoilers, first I've to say Wemma and Daniel look like a beautiful happy family and I'm glad Jayma is back. Second, what is this thing with Blaine and Rachel and the eggs on their heads? So writers are trying to portray them as poor losers? hahaha yeah sure. Well as I don't believe that, I would think they were having fun at throwing eggs to each other, yeah sounds stupid, but I prefer that instead of the other theory.

As regards Kurt running...I'd love if he's running far away from Blaine, but I'm afraid is not :(.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next