Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Empty General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferInspired 5/12/2014, 6:46 pm

“Ship has sailed on ratings boost & #Glee has no future into which FOX can invest. Goal is to burn it off as painlessly as possible”
— Brian Cantor ‏@cantorpedia (via heyerchick)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Vir Cotto 5/12/2014, 6:50 pm

brisallie wrote:I don't know is because CW isnt't an important network, but I remember in the case of Gossip Girl, the episodes were also cut and ended in December. Can't be the same situation for Glee? Sorry if I'm asking something silly, but I'm not well informed how it works the US television.

Technically, a network can cancel a show at any time. There have been some notorious cancellations that happened after a single episode had aired. Mostly, that kind of thing happens to new shows, not those that have been around for a few seasons. The usual way is to either pull the plug at the end of a season, or if the network is feeling generous, to give a final season to wrap things up.

I don't know what happened with Gossip Girl. Is it possible they were only given an abbreviated season that was meant to end in December?
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferInspired 5/12/2014, 6:54 pm

Chris is very smart and wise young man.

I am proud to be a fan of his.  wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/12/2014, 7:03 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:
brisallie wrote:I don't know is because CW isnt't an important network, but I remember in the case of Gossip Girl, the episodes were also cut and ended in December. Can't be the same situation for Glee? Sorry if I'm asking something silly, but I'm not well informed how it works the US television.

Technically, a network can cancel a show at any time. There have been some notorious cancellations that happened after a single episode had aired. Mostly, that kind of thing happens to new shows, not those that have been around for a few seasons. The usual way is to either pull the plug at the end of a season, or if the network is feeling generous, to give a final season to wrap things up.

I don't know what happened with Gossip Girl. Is it possible they were only given an abbreviated season that was meant to end in December?

Thanks for the explanation.

I had to google it as I don't remember well what happened with GG, but the situation was pretty similar to this one, the series was having very low ratings and the network simply decided to end the finale season before Christmas. So as you said, they probably were given an abbreviated season.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/12/2014, 7:05 pm

What FOX can do is order a set number of Glee episodes, but it can decide when and how many to actually air. They are under no obligation to do so.

If Glee's ratings continue to decline it might burn them off as filler in different time slots or delay airing them. In some cases the last episodes of a show were delayed until summer viewings. FOX doesn't have a Saturday night gravesite to dump them on. Fridays is FOXs last resort scheduling.

The irony is that if FOX improves their numbers with their new Fall slate of shows, Glee's chances of any stable time slot in mid season is shaky at best. Glee needs the fall schedule to bomb badly in order to have a shot at a decent time slot.

Glee off the air until 2015 ; there is no good way to spin that.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/12/2014, 7:26 pm

Buenos wrote: Glee off the air until 2015 ;  there is no good way to spin that.

I'm not even sure people will watch back. The Season Finale sounds like utter crap, and after such a long time off-air, people will have move on, except maybe some die hard fans. I'm expecting even lower ratings than now
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/12/2014, 7:32 pm

RyRy is the picture of how to destroy a series with megalomania delusions. I now know to steer clear of anything that has his name associated with it. I will give him one prop - he said 'yes' to Chris. And for that, I will be forever grateful. Other than that, he go sit on a hot poker and spin to his hearts' content.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/12/2014, 7:32 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5heglaJ8V1qeyubto1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 5/12/2014, 7:36 pm

ColferInspired wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5heglaJ8V1qeyubto1_500

Well, it is also about who makes himself available or not, Kristin. I doubt Chris was all "Oh shit, the upfronts are today? Crap, too bad I am already busy! See, I have plans today, I have to slack at home with my pets and my boyfriend"

Next they'll tell us Naya's not here because she is too busy filing her nails.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/12/2014, 7:41 pm

Klainers were at the Upfronts sobbing because Chris isn't there, meaning they must think Klaine is gone, so no Klaine wedding.

Darren was performing at the time.  Razz
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/12/2014, 7:50 pm

coxfire wrote:
Buenos wrote: Glee off the air until 2015 ;  there is no good way to spin that.

I'm not even sure people will watch back. The Season Finale sounds like utter crap, and after such a long time off-air, people will have move on, except maybe some die hard fans. I'm expecting even lower ratings than now

That why I was thinking if wasn't possible to end the show in December. I also believe the ratings will be more abysmally low (ok maybe I'm overreacting). As you said, only hard  fans will be expecting this season, but GA, won't care at all. Even I wonder if they will be aware that Glee is returning in January, some still are surprised that Glee is on air.

@ColferInspired, as much as I enjoy that klainers are worried is the end of klaine, I'm sure they will still have their wedding...but who knows.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/12/2014, 7:57 pm

Well Chris is going to announce his book tour any day now, that will probably give us a better idea when Glee starts filming and confirm a shortened episode order.

A shortened episode order will probably mean less guest stars and maybe one McKinley episode with Noobs or replacement Noobs to wrap up their story.

I would have loved for Glee to have thrown Kevin a bone and let him show up at the last Glee Upfronts, alas. But he seems to have less pull these days then even Chris and Matt.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/12/2014, 7:58 pm

ColferInspired wrote:“Ship has sailed on ratings boost & #Glee has no future into which FOX can invest. Goal is to burn it off as painlessly as possible”
— Brian Cantor ‏@cantorpedia (via heyerchick)

Da Truth!

and i am glad chris is not associated w/ the upfront/marketing of this sinking ship.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 5/12/2014, 8:02 pm

brisallie wrote:
@ColferInspired, as much as I enjoy that klainers are worried is the end of klaine, I'm sure they will still have their wedding...but who knows.

My question is who cares? The only people that follow that relationship are the batshit crazy k(b)lainers.

It has been an entertaining day today. Glee is pretty much on life support with a shorter than expected end date. Have we had any word on what was said during the Glee panel at Upfronts?
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/12/2014, 8:09 pm

bayth wrote:
brisallie wrote:

My question is who cares?  The only people that follow that relationship are the batshit crazy k(b)lainers.  

It has been an entertaining day today.  Glee is pretty much on life support with a shorter than expected end date.  Have we had any word on what was said during the Glee panel at Upfronts?

Love that answer! But trying to be serious, currently I think they're the only loyal fans, so I don't know, maybe Ryan needs to cling on them.

Btw who's Brian Castor? I really like his witty response.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/12/2014, 8:57 pm

ColferInspired wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5heglaJ8V1qeyubto1_500

Translation: Chris is much too busy with his multiple projects and commitments to waste time on this sham. Why spent time promoting a show that by any rights should be canceled when you can be working on your animated film, writing your next novel and charting out your glorious post-Glee career?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/12/2014, 9:12 pm

Promise I'm trying to contain my evilness...but is so funny that Ryan is pushing Daleastreet so much, while on twitter I haven't seen so many nice tweets toward them, some are even asking for Chris and Naya, and also Kevin and Amber.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/12/2014, 9:14 pm

FWIW , I could envision Chris being asked to go and responding if it was absolutely necessary, and FOX saying "No".  

Glee is so far down on FOX's priorities these days and the Upfronts were publicly humiliating and awkward for the show on several fronts.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/12/2014, 9:45 pm

Love this:

http://shadowc44.tumblr.com/post/85566359305/while-id-like-to-know-chriss-status-re-glee-i

May 12, 2014
While I’d like to know Chris’s status re: Glee, I think we’ll have to wait for official word on that. In the meantime, we do know the third Land of Stories book is coming out in July. He’s going to have some time over the summer to do a book tour and work on other projects. He will probably be doing publicity for the books, which might include talk shows. Not sure, but he’s done them in the past. We also have his birthday party to look forward to; at least seeing pics from it. We’ll probably get to see this year’s costume and figure out the theme.

We have Hot In Cleveland to look forward to on August 30, and Robodog sometime in 2015, and possibly other guest star appearances. We can focus on these other projects. We know he’s also working on the Asylum movie, and has two more books to write (TLOS 4 and The Curvy Tree), and a biopic he’s attached to. He’s said he has other projects coming up he’s not ready to talk about yet. They probably include some of the above, and maybe some we know nothing about.

I think, no matter what happens with Glee, we Chris fans will have a lot to look forward to in the next year. We might not be seeing Chris on our TV screens on a regular basis, but he won’t be gone entirely, either. He still has a Twitter and Instagram account, and I’m pretty sure he’ll still be willing to share pics of his pets and other loved ones. And they’ll probably be sharing pics of him as well.

If Chris is still on Glee, in a starring role, or recurring, or guest star, whatever the capacity, we’ll have that in addition to these other projects.

It might not be the best time to be a Kurt Hummel stan; but it’s a fantastic time to be a Chris Colfer fan. So let’s keep that in mind, in case we’re tempted to get upset about anything Glee-related.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 5/13/2014, 12:29 am

great post and reminder  Wink needed that

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/13/2014, 2:55 am

brisallie wrote:

Brian Cantor.

He is an online critic / entertainment reporter. @cantorpedia on twitter and founder of Headlineplanet

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo1_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo2_r1_250
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo3_r1_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo4_r1_250

Show's communication with its cast strikes again. Rolling Eyes
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2014, 3:54 am

Georgette888 wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Brian Cantor.

He is an online critic / entertainment reporter. @cantorpedia on twitter and founder of Headlineplanet

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo1_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo2_r1_250
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo3_r1_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo4_r1_250

Show's communication with its cast strikes again.  Rolling Eyes

Poor Chord looks so unhappy.

But everyone could see it coming.

You do not push aside your best talent in any show. That is the quickest way to kill a show and this has been done since Season 4.

Darren is not leading man material.

He puts no work in and expects others to do all the work because he thinks the whole world loves him and he is the most popular one on the show.

I still would like to know why Alla had a passport when she was just going from New York to LA.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/13/2014, 6:11 am

The total lack of information I have on my dash regarding the Upfronts speak volumes. Glee for all intense and purposes is dead.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2014, 8:09 am

Lottie2303 wrote:The total lack of information I have on my dash regarding the Upfronts speak volumes. Glee for all intense and purposes is dead.

I have the same on mine.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2014, 8:20 am

Lottie2303 wrote:The total lack of information I have on my dash regarding the Upfronts speak volumes. Glee for all intense and purposes is dead.
Same here. I think I saw a selfie of Lea and Darren, tweeted by Lea herself, and that's it.

Glee has no more buzz these days unless it's negative buzz.  mince
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next