Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 36 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Ranwing 9/13/2015, 11:48 am

They would also use it as a way of "proving" that Darren was indeed better than Chris. Of course, that would be ignoring the fact that Darren's nomination was not in the highly competitive acting category and was more of a "technical" award. Or the fact that Chris has been nominated twice for an Emmy award in the competitive acting category. Or all the other major industry awards (Golden Globe, SAG, Satellite, etc) where Chris has been nominated and/or won an individual acting award. Or even the less prestigious fan based awards (like the PCA and TCAs where Chris was a regular nominee and/or winner).

They were already claiming that Darren's Emmy nomination put him on par with Chris, which is pretty laughable. And I'm having a major chuckle seeing Darren's stans on tumblr claiming that not winning doesn't mean anything, that he's already a "winner" to them and he doesn't need the award to confirm just how amazing he is. Talk about sour grapes... these were the same people who only a few days ago were expressing so much excitement over the prospect of being able to call Darren an "Emmy winner" (and more than a few mocking that Chris couldn't claim that). So of course now that Darren hasn't won, they're back t expressing that awards don't matter.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 36 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  angelnessa 9/13/2015, 11:50 am

Not even the nomination was deserved, but I at least have a bit of faith in the Academy and their voting process again. I'm sure every future introduction will include "Emmy nominated actor/singer/songwriter" Darren Criss from now on though Rolling Eyes .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/13/2015, 12:47 pm

Did they already have the Emmy? I don't watch TV anymore. anybody/show that are worthy of winning? Did that Orphan Black girl win?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 9/13/2015, 2:04 pm

fantastica wrote:Did they already have the Emmy? I don't watch TV anymore. anybody/show that are worthy of winning? Did that Orphan Black girl win?

Yesterday was the Creative Arts Emmys, that Darren's category was a part of. The song from Inside Amy Schumer won that category. Next Sunday, the 20th, is the Primetime Emmys, and will have the lead actress category that Tatiana Maslany is nominated for neutre .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/13/2015, 2:07 pm

These were for the smaller Emmy awards (like the technical awards) that aren't shown in the prime time telecast.

I'm just enjoying how this feels like just desserts for Darren. After weeks of his humble brag, at how he never expected his song to be considered when he and his team had to submit it for consideration and launched a massive campaign to get him nominated (and then for the award), it feels very satisfying to see him go home empty handed. That the first time he gets nominated for an award that didn't depend on fan votes, he couldn't pull out a win. And he still can't get a nomination for acting.

And man... are his fans pissed off! They're either insisting that the award doesn't really matter or that Darren was "robbed" and the voting was somehow rigged against him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/14/2015, 5:51 pm

I'm just glad that Darren not winning means that we, and especially Chris, won't get a lot of wank from his awful stans. We would have never heard the end of it. Rolling Eyes
And Darren can keep selling himself as Emmy nominated actor/singer/songwriter all he wants, lol, but he still won't have that shining statue on his mantle. 

But lmao, how much will Darren now regret clinging on to Klaine and baiting the Klainers/tinhatters for so long, when he sees the numerous comforting tweets from his fans that have the Blaine quote:
"We got each other out of all this. That beats a lousy trophy, don't you think?"  
I bet that quote irritates him immensely for several different reasons. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/14/2015, 6:43 pm

Does Chris still get a lot of klaine love/hate like that? I don't go to Tumblrs and I don't have twitter, so I have no idea.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/15/2015, 9:00 pm

fantastica wrote:Does Chris still get a lot of klaine love/hate like that? I don't go to Tumblrs and I don't have twitter, so I have no idea.

Chris gets a lot of hate from Klainers/Darren stans on twitter, usually when he is seen out and about with Will, or he doesn't praise Darren for pooping or blowing his nose.

I too was glad that Darren didn't win, in part because his crappy, cliché, forgettable song didn't deserve an nominations, and mostly because I didn't want to deal with the obnoxious Blarren stans.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2015, 7:08 pm

The first day of the Glee Auction is going on right now.  The bidding for Blaine's Warbler outfit went up to $9500!  When you add in a 25% premium, someone paid $11875 for the outfit! Which proves that Blarren stans have more money than sense.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/17/2015, 9:09 pm

man, who has that kind of money to throw on glee shit ???
got a be a millionaire or someone with millionaire parents because that is insane.
i mean, it's glee. not marilyn monroe or elizabeth taylor, or original start trek or tng stuff, ...

people are weird.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/17/2015, 9:14 pm

*shakes head ruefully*

I love Chris to death and if I had that kind of money to just throw around, I'd rather make a donation in Chris's name to one of the charities that he favors that actually would help people or animals in some way. Not buy a costume just because my favorite sweated in it.

This is so idiotic that it's embarrassing to acknowledge that we're part of the same fandom. I hope that Darren's uniform (which is probably a spare that he might never have worn since he took his Warbler blazer as a memento) is well off because I'd shudder to think that some impressionable young fool would put herself into debt for this.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2015, 9:27 pm

A collection of 12 warbler outfits went for $2250.

It's kind of interesting watching the auction live online. The Blarren stuff seems to be selling for the highest prices, Chris and Dianna's stuff, too. Some Tina stuff went unsold, as did some Rachel stuff.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/17/2015, 9:46 pm

I don't think that this in any way can indicate the popularity of any actor from Glee. Most fans have very much moved on. It's not as if Glee ended on such a high note and fans of most of the actors are more focused now on their future projects.

Maybe instead of spending an absolutely ridiculous amount of money on an old costume, Darren's more well off fans would be better off supporting his future career projects so that he actually will have a long career in the future. They had the chance with Girl Most Likely and then Hedwig and they certainly weren't putting their money where their mouths are.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/17/2015, 10:04 pm

I'm watching the auction while I watch TV. One thing I noticed is that there are a bunch of different paddle numbers (bidders) buying up the Darren things, but they do seem to be bidding against each other.

I don't think this is a show of popularity either (though Darren stans will claim it is). Darren stans are just more rabid than the rest of the fans. They want a piece of their boy more.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/18/2015, 4:45 am

In years to come they are going to feel very stupid that they wasted their money on this stupid school uniform.

That money should have gone to charity.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/18/2015, 7:25 am

screw the charity angle and think in every day person terms. from a purely financial stand point with that money, my dad could pay up all his taxes debt and we could buy a number of new household appliances. hell, i could probably on top of all that renovate my entire place with 9500 dollars. waste of money. but i guess some have money to burn on useless crap. i love chris but i wouldn't waste more then 10-20 dollars tops on anything that is glee memorabilia. common sense.

that person's only hope is that maybe some day, in a galaxy far far away, darren criss becomes a mega star and then they can resell that thing for major bucks. otherwise,....
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/18/2015, 10:37 am

I can understand people wanting a piece memorabilia from a favorite actor or show.  I know a lot of people have been critical of this auction, but it is actually quite common to sell off the left over props and costumes for a show when it's run ends.  Fans love to have something from their favorite shows and/or actors.  

I even bid on something yesterday (Kurt's Phantom of the Opera outfit--I was willing to go up to $200, it sold for $250).  While it would be cool to own something Chris/Glee related, I definitely have my limits as to what I would be willing to spend on an item.  Not that I can't afford more if I really want something.  I just have other things I would rather spend my money on.

Why I don't understand why someone would spend $9500 for Darren's warbler outfit (when there were probably 30 warbler outfits sold yesterday), I guess to each his or her own. I just hope who ever bought it actually has the disposable income to afford it, and didn't go into debt to buy it.

Most items seem to be going for under $500, with some of the more significant items going for $1000 or more.  Some items didn't sell at all, or went for the minimum $100 bids (most of the stuff that didn't sell seems to be for recurring characters like Coach Tanaka, Lauren, and Sugar, and some Tina stuff, too).  The ones that are selling the best seem to be Darren, Chris, Dianna, and Lea.  The Idina Menzel stuff seemed to do OK too.  

The puppets go onsale today, so it will be interesting to see the pricing on those.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/18/2015, 2:15 pm

I assume none of the proceeds will go to the actors. So for blaine fans they are actually better off using the money to buy DC's tickets or albums when he's selling them. It would be much better form of support than any actor can ever ask for.

On the other hand if someone has so much money to burn and wants to get something they want, all good for them. it helps the economy, so i won't complain.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/18/2015, 2:24 pm

In my current situation I am trying desperately to down size. Everyday I am thinking about what to get rid of from my house so the last thing I want is buying more things that are not necessities. As much as I love Chris, I won't buy Kurt's outfits. I don't even keep my own children's baby outfits. It's the same reason I only buy chris' books in ebook format.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/18/2015, 4:42 pm

I'm also trying to downsize so any more stuff isn't going to help, LOL.

Anyways, this auction seems the very last of Glee, nothing much left other than the remaining fandom.

No more time frame for awards, media mentions, etc.  I doubt there is enough $$$ for any more Glee conventions (the Italy one fizzled out) so this probably is it.

Doubt if the Ryan babble about mounting a BW show will ever come about.  The problem is that Glee imploded so spectacularly that it's last season was a total gift by FOX to appease Ryan while he mounted new TV shows for them.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/18/2015, 6:13 pm

Looking at those numbers (which @Jellyrolls posted here in the KH appreciation thread) some items went for it's quite clear to see which part of fandom is buying the stuff: the K(B)lainers.
They're about the only fan group that stuck around till the end, to see "their boys" getting married vomit2, even after been made ridiculous in the last season by the same writers who fanpandered to them so much in the seasons before (which had many other Glee fans leaving the show disgusted, and these other former [and much wiser] fans are not bidding on much or buying any items at all now).

And the K(B)lainers are probably bragging about it all over tumblr and twitter too, how 'popular' Blaine/Darren is, because his fans are gullible enough to empty their pockets for props deliberately positioned/catered to wring the most money out of them. Laughing
Lol, at Kurt's locker items going for over $2000, just to get their hands on those new Klaine pictures. But I shudder at the mental image of what the buyer of Blaine's Warbler outfit will do with it, as they were willing to pay well over $10000 (including auction-fee and shipping) for it. Mad 
(Plus the other things you could do with that money, ugh.)

My guess is that people who bid on the 'just' Kurt stuff, and also on e.g. Quinn and Rachel stuff do so because they like the individual character/actor, and not because of a ship they were part of.
Of course K(B)lainers mostly only pretend to like Kurt as an individual, as it's obvious that Blaine/Klaine related items sell much better than Kurt/Klaine related items, just look at what their Warbler outfits went for (Blaine: $9.500 vs. Kurt: $1.900).
LMAO, I doubt any true Kurt fan would even want to get his Warbler outfit for free, as it is a clear symbol of Kurt slowly being silenced and pushed to the background, to eventually become only a prop of his ship.  dryy

Ranwing wrote:Maybe instead of spending an absolutely ridiculous amount of money on an old costume, Darren's more well off fans would be better off supporting his future career projects so that he actually will have a long career in the future. They had the chance with Girl Most Likely and then Hedwig and they certainly weren't putting their money where their mouths are.
^This.
$9500 (Warbler outfit), $2250 (Kurt locker with Klaine pics) and $!300 (Blaine bowties) could have bought a lot of Hedwig tickets, and leave money for travelling and hotel. But it's evident that Darren wasn't a money draw as Hedwig, as many of his fans didn't want to spend money on seeing him perform live; they just wanted to stagedoor every night for free. Rolling Eyes

Jellyrolls wrote:I can understand people wanting a piece memorabilia from a favorite actor or show.  I know a lot of people have been critical of this auction, but it is actually quite common to sell off the left over props and costumes for a show when it's run ends.  Fans love to have something from their favorite shows and/or actors.  

I even bid on something yesterday (Kurt's Phantom of the Opera outfit--I was willing to go up to $200, it sold for $250).  While it would be cool to own something Chris/Glee related, I definitely have my limits as to what I would be willing to spend on an item.  Not that I can't afford more if I really want something.  I just have other things I would rather spend my money on.
Tbh: I would have loved to have bought the 'Le Jazz Hot' costume that Kurt wore, to display in my singing lessons room/studio. But paying well over $1000 for it..... no way. I didn't even bid on it in the first place, as the starting bid of $100 plus auction and shipping fees was already enough to not tempt me to even try to obtain it.

I'd rather spend my precious money on more books from Chris.  Smile
At least then I will sponsoring and supporting my fave directly: Chris TLoS series being on the New York Bestselling top 10 list for multiple weeks is imo much more impressive than prop items bought by a few (spoiled?) fans from a dead show nobody cares about anymore and even most actors wanna forget about asap.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/18/2015, 8:21 pm

The puppets were just auctioned off.  Only Elliott, Kurt, and Blaine sold.  Elliott and Kurt sold for $2500, Blaine for $3000. None of the others sold.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/20/2015, 8:52 am

Like someone already pointed out some of the designer stuff Kurt's character wore are simply put worth a lot of money just as designer items. Anything by McQueen label goes with insane price tags anyways so most of those items and other labels can have a significant value as consignement items.

Only thing that might prove difficult is Chris's physical size, he seems to have a generally tinier frame pre seasons 5 and 6, so the buyer potentials might be smaller. I don't know if they did actually tailored any of the outfits but they might be in pristine condition.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/20/2015, 11:49 am

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Given that it seems like only a few bidders are paying the most money for certain items, I'm thinking that these aren't actually fans but more likely professional memorabilia dealers. They're picking up items related to the most high-profile performers (including Adam Lambert) in the hope that if these actors continue to rise in their careers, that the value of these items will increase for later resale. If Chris (or Darren) really hits it big at some point, then these items associated with the earlier stage of their careers might increase markedly in value.

This is just too much money to think that it's fans pouring the kind of money we're talking about into FOX's coffers to pick up a bunch of old costumes.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/20/2015, 1:30 pm

^ i think you made a lot of sense. I read somewhere that a lot of those who line up for autographs are professional autograph dealers. I've also heard of memorabilia dealers. most fans would rather support their artists directly. this auction does nothing to support the actors. it just help fox get rid of old inventories and a recoup a few bucks.

BTW do they mention the exact size of the clothing on the auction? I don't think anybody paying that much just want to buy the outfits for their own wear. These are not even from last season. they are several years old! nobody pays premium price even for design outfits that are way out of fashion.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next