Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/21/2015, 3:23 am

ColferInspired wrote:I would love to go on his facebook and remind him who won three PCA's, but I am not a petty person.

Darren needs to shut up and get on with his life.

They are no longer working together, and this obsession with Chris winning that Golden Globe needs to stop.

Glee is finished, he needs to get over it.

Chris earned it with his hardwork and the fact he cared about his character and the kids that he knew Kurt was helping.

Great post. I totally agree 100%, especially the last sentence.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Ranwing 3/21/2015, 10:14 am

I'm probably giving this way too much consideration given that Darren has a lot history of being disrespectful and self-serving, but I would almost think that this was a deliberate effort to start separating himself from Chris. He has to know that a significant reason that he did so well on Glee was specifically because he got paired to work with Chris and that to a major portion of the industry (not the asslickers who praise him all the time) that he doesn't measure up to Chris. That his acting performances never garnered any kind of real industry nominations. That Chris was more popular and that the character he played was more culturally impactful than his.

So no that he no longer is working with Chris, the jealousy is showing more clearly and he's trying to push down Chris's accomplishments so he can pull the focus on himself. It's understandable to a degree, as he now has to stand on his own as a performer and Chris isn't going to be around to prop him up but he's doing it in a way that is sure to offend the Chris fans who already don't like him and the Klaine/Crisscolfer fans who actually do like them equally. This is blowing a big hole in his nice guy image (which going by his history is pure image and has no grounding in reality).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2015, 11:07 am

@Buenos, I might have thought it was a joke if it weren't for the fact that Darren has done stuff like this before.  Darren has a long history of minimizing others accomplishments.  He has a long history at taking little jabs at other people's talents.  And don't forget that he also took that jab about the others being on the beach when he was working hard on his tour.  And also when he said that Chris, Naya, and Lea winning PCA's was also a win for him.

And Darren bringing up Chris' Golden Globe lately is getting really embarrassing, especially since the Golden Globe was several years ago.  Why keep on bringing up a past accomplishment?  

Ranwing is somewhat right.  Darren has to know that his time riding on Chris' coattails is over.  He is going to have to sink or swim on his own merits now.   It probably grated on him yesterday if he saw all the articles talking about Kurt's impact as an individual as opposed to Klaine's impact.  The bottom line is that with the exception of his stans, most people are probably just going to remember him as the guy who played Kurt's boyfriend on Glee because Blaine didn't really have an impact.

Darren also responded to a question about kissing Kurt:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 24 Tumblr_nljfh9h3nv1r4gxc3o1_540

I'm not sure if he was trying to accomplish anything with that comment. Was it just a comment to say that it wasn't him kissing Kurt (like the comment a couple years ago when someone asked him about kissing Chris and Lea, and he said something like I didn't kiss Chris and Lea. Blaine kissed Kurt and Rachel). Or was it deliberate phrasing so that he could kind of play up to the tinhatters (i.e. he's not going to miss kissing Chris because you know, cc is on, but Blaine will miss kissing Kurt).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/21/2015, 11:57 am

I decided to take a look at the questions Darren made on the face book page, and I thought some of the answers kind of support Ranwing's theory above. I'm going to copy and paste a couple of them here:

Q: Favorite duet you got to sing?

Darren Criss Easy:

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, by WHAM!

Ours was almost as awesome except sung by BLAM!

Not Klaine.

Q: Favorite memory on set

Darren Criss It's always the little things that seem sorta insignificant at the time- but all the small talk and simple moments I got to share with people I so greatly admired throughout the show, in between takes- with Jane Lynch, Mike O'Malley, Idina Menzel, Kristin Chenoweth, Gwyneth Paltrow, Shirley MacLaine... I mean the list goes on and on. I feel like moments with them gave me the best bragging rights for what I did with my day.

Not Klaine or Chris memory.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/21/2015, 12:02 pm

The comment about kissing Chris irks me because it feels like he's trying to say that sure, he's okay with kissing another guy for a part and playing gay for pay, but no homo here! He's straight!

I know that to some people it looks like I'm looking for things to dislike Darren for, but I can't get past this long history he has of saying really problematic things. Or that this whole image he has of being the super cool LGBTQ ally is nothing more than a carefully crafted PR image that he uses to his advantage. And it just keeps cementing that my reasons for seriously disliking Darren as a person (not just as a performer) are well founded.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 3/21/2015, 1:29 pm

According to some of Darren's tinhatter stans on Tumblr, it was Darren's management who was answering the questions on Facebook last night. Darren was apparently all tucked away safe in bed and sleeping in Paris, so he can't be held accountable for the things said about Chris. Uh huh.

Funny how if it's something offensive, it's his management, but otherwise it's Darren. At the very least he should be considering new handlers, or at least try to wrest some control back over his image. What an easy out though, for him and his stans, when he puts his foot in it.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/21/2015, 1:52 pm

LOL they must be actually in bed with DC last night to know that he's "tucked in bed and sleeping" at the time of the tweet. i don't even know precisely where my adult children are last night. Razz

no management would write such thing this pissy. they are trained pros good at writing pretty words (if not phony). at most they would ignore such tweets and not respond. there's no reason they would write something like that on DC's behalf because it would only bring negativity to their client.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 3/21/2015, 2:04 pm

fantastica wrote:LOL they must be actually in bed with DC last night to know that he's "tucked in bed and sleeping" at the time of the tweet. i don't even know precisely where my adult children are last night. Razz

no management would write such thing this pissy. they are trained pros good at writing pretty words (if not phony). at most they would ignore such tweets and not respond. there's no reason they would write something like that on DC's behalf because it would only bring negativity to their client.

Agreed. These stans also said it didn't "sound" like something Darren would say. They are so deluding themselves because it sounded exactly like something Darren would say. Anyway, hopefully after this weekend Darren and his stans will become less and less of a presence in the Chris Colfer fandom.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 3/21/2015, 2:31 pm

I dont care for darren and hardly ever/never speak on him, positive or negative.

But this definitely rubs me the wrong way. Really grimey.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/21/2015, 5:22 pm

To be fair, he's jealous of chris' achievements and he has the right to be pissy. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/21/2015, 7:33 pm

angelnessa wrote:Boy, Chris' Golden Globe really gnaws at him, doesn't it. His passive-aggressive digs at Chris are so telling.
Lol, this. He really can't let this go, it's clearly constantly in the back of his mind.
And maybe he genuinely tries to compliment Chris (benefit of the doubt, though I don't think so), but his jealousy very obviously twists it in these mean little 'jokes' that are nothing but petty digs.

Ranwing wrote:I'm probably giving this way too much consideration given that Darren has a lot history of being disrespectful and self-serving, but I would almost think that this was a deliberate effort to start separating himself from Chris.
I don't think if the GG remark was deliberate, but his other answers about Klaine (the one in which he was asked to do a Christmas Album with Chris, and the Kurt kissing one) were definitely quite agressively shutting down anything future Klaine.

To me it seems Darren can't ride Chris' coattails anymore, nor get anything more out of being part of Klaine, so he quickly goes back to the "I'm straight" tactic to keep his teen fans.
The nasty side-effect of this is that it makes him look like a douchebag, because he clearly only embraced the gay on Glee for pay, and it now comes across like he didn't like having to kiss a 'real' gay person.

Ranwing wrote:The comment about kissing Chris irks me because it feels like he's trying to say that sure, he's okay with kissing another guy for a part and playing gay for pay, but no homo here! He's straight!
Yes, basically this.

angelnessa wrote:Agreed. These stans also said it didn't "sound" like something Darren would say. They are so deluding themselves because it sounded exactly like something Darren would say.
Those comments definitely was Darren himself: it had his tone and sarcastic, almost disdainful 'humor'.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/21/2015, 7:45 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
angelnessa wrote:Agreed. These stans also said it didn't "sound" like something Darren would say. They are so deluding themselves because it sounded exactly like something Darren would say.
Those comments definitely was Darren himself: it had his tone and sarcastic, almost disdainful 'humor'.

LOL! He would so say it. Considering that he just made a joke in one of the Klaine videos about Chris's "whiny crying" getting him the GG win, the old lady comment is clearly not beyond him.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/21/2015, 8:28 pm

now that glee is over, DC no longer needs to please klainers or chris fans, so he's free to express his jealousy/whatever feeling he may have toward chris. compare his attitude toward these fans a month ago, it's like day and night. we are seeing the more honest Darren Criss right now. kinda feel sorry for some of those fans, especially the CC shippers (na..........they had it coming).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/21/2015, 8:58 pm

I think we are gonna start seeing a whole lot of new personalities that are the REAL Glee cast now that contracts are done an over, they no longer have to cater to young fans or Glee fans period. Esecially Chris. Like I was super excited and a bit shocked when I saw him following one of my fave drag queens on RuPaul Drag Race cause While I live for Willams crass and bad mouth ways and how slutty and trashy Willams drag persona is, I never thought that would be an act Chris likes, so I was like.... Shocked  For a moment LOL

But I am glad to start seeing new sides to Chris, Like His more adult side lol

I for one am ready to embrace Chris more adult side that we have not seen much of yet

Also I am living for the fact that quite a bit of my fave drag queens on that show follow Chris, (Jinkx Monsoon, Miss Fame. Alexis Mateo, Jujubee, Detox, and Willam Belli ofc!) unlike Ru herself, he must have been asked to judge and couldn't at the time... but then again Chris don't follow her either so.... sifflou
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/22/2015, 12:01 am

Lol, he really sounds like a douchebag here:
“Anything I can sit and watch, so anytime the girls did anything, particularly when they were in some sexy number.”
—  Darren Criss Favorite Musical Number on Glee

Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/22/2015, 12:07 am

I believe Glee would still be good and would be still be filming new episodes if RIB had not pandered to the rabid Klainers.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/22/2015, 12:11 am

^ i doubt it. the show has too many flaws to be long lasting.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/22/2015, 12:47 am

fantastica wrote:^ i doubt it. the show has too many flaws to be long lasting.

Good point.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/22/2015, 2:48 am

fantastica wrote:^ i doubt it. the show has too many flaws to be long lasting.

Agree. I think one of the biggest problems was to believe they could have changed the cast and last for years. If they wanted that to happen,they could have written stronger storylines. But at the end the story serves to the characters,so that is why some moments seems like taken from a fanfic. And why also happenned the graduation gate,why klainers had everything.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/22/2015, 3:36 am

The show had lost it's footing a long, long time ago.

And not a popular opinion here, but if Blaine/Klaine had not existed the show would have screwed up things anyways for Kurt.  I do think the show runners are that bad.  MY other favorite characters, such as Rachel, Mercedes, Artie and Santana were run into the ground or neglected, I honestly don't know which one was worse.

Take this year, Blaine didn't have a single solo and relatively speaking he was sidelined vocally, and yet despite that, Kurt/Chris still didn't get any musical focus by the PTB.

I lay everything on the feet of RIB, they are the responsible one.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/22/2015, 6:36 am

Though I do thing that pushing Blarren to the forefront did play a part in the show going downhill, it was more tossing aside the original cast members who made the show a success and repeatedly rehashing old story lines that really killed the show.

Also, I always thought pairing two of the strongest actors (Chris and Naya) with two of the weakest (darren and Heather) made it difficult for them to do more compelling story lines withe the couples. Chris and Naya were just so much stronger than their scene partners and it showed every time they shared the screen. And RIB knew that. Chris and Naya always took the weight of scenes (though they did try to let blarren do it for a while).

I do think bringing darren in was the start of the decline for the show because the success of teenage dream was what ultimately lead to them starting to use songs that would sell instead of songs that fit the storyline. So many of his songs were just shoehorned into the show with no context.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/22/2015, 6:49 am

Glorfindel wrote:Lol, he really sounds like a douchebag here:
“Anything I can sit and watch, so anytime the girls did anything, particularly when they were in some sexy number.”
—  Darren Criss Favorite Musical Number on Glee

Rolling Eyes

I saw that yesterday, and thought it was typical darren problematic speaking. Just another line on the 2015 "I'm striaght" tour. But I did think it was was disrespectful to his co-workers.

Marie, did you see the interview from the palsy fest when Leanne Aguliera asked the cast what they took from set? Blarren went on a long blab about the couch and said it was the a hang out spot for him and the guys and mentioned Cory, Mark, and Chord by name as being the guys?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/22/2015, 8:04 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Marie, did you see the interview from the palsy fest when Leanne Aguliera asked the cast what they took from set?  Blarren went on a long blab about the couch and said it was the a hang out spot for him and the guys and mentioned Cory, Mark, and Chord by name as being the guys?
I've been saving the entire PaleyFest interview for when the ending of Glee finally hits me and I need a bit of the cast to push me over that weak moment, lol. But I've seen bits and pieces of it, and of course the gifs.

So I didn't see that couch remark, but it does sound like Darren a lot. He only mentioned Chris when it benefits him (like the PCA's) but in every other occasion he talks about Blam and hanging with the other guys or big name guest stars.

And now that he thinks that writing Rachel's last solo 'This Time' is his new ticket to fame, he jumps on that and doesn't really care stumping over the Klainers' feelings with his Q&A the other day.
I've heard he asked the fans to buy 'This Time' and 'Rise' on iTunes during his little concert last night in Paris. No word about buying Klaine's last duet 'Daydream Believer', but in that same Q&A he did he said that his favourite duet on Glee was a Blam duet (Wake Me Up  Before You GoGo).
But I don't care if he never mentions Chris or Klaine ever again: I would actually prefer it.

Btw: I've listened to a few of the songs Darren sang live last night in Paris, including 'This Time', and his voice is in no shape yet to take on the Hedwig role a month from now.
He better get his butt to New York and start rehearsing. Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/22/2015, 8:53 am

I always thought Darren was not too bright.

He is pushing away fans that might want to follow his career.

I hope he keeps showing his true colours because this is showing how fake he is. :angry: 

Let him just swan into Hedwig thinking he has millions of fans and that he has Broadway at his feet. Darren is becoming the real to life Rachel Berry, only she had talent, which he does not, because he does not know what hard work is.

He is trying to live off a teen idol status that he no longer has as he is too old.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/22/2015, 9:10 am

Marie, just to clarify, the comment about Darren and the couch that I mentioned above is from the red carpet, not from actual paley fest itself.

I listened to Darren singing Rise and This Time. His voice is very weak and thin. Even if he rehearses, I don't know how he can be ready to perform in Hedwig in a little over a month.

Did you see his little speech to the fans at the concert about "This Time"? Even Darren has joined the not so veiled shade comments. But beyond that,

By the way, [This Time], I’m just gonna go ahead and say it. It’s been a while since Glee has had any songs on the iTunes Charts. That’s because not a lot of people watch Glee anymore, that’s okay, it’s had its ups and downs, everybody knows that. But thank you for those of you that watched it throughout this whole time even though it’s been really weird sometimes. It’s also been really wonderful sometimes, and it’s kind of been a crazy pendulum, so thank you for sticking around all these years, it’s been a really amazing experience for me, and thank you for coming to things like this.
People always ask what’s the craziest thing to me about Glee, and it’s you guys, man! I know it sounds cliche but I think Glee was bigger than all of us. It’s more than a show to you, you’re more than just fans to me, we’re all kind of part of this amazing thing that is much more positive than the sum of our parts. It’s been a really fun journey for not just me but really for everybody. The fact that I’m halfway across the world playing these songs from the show is really really cool.

So anyway, after buttering you up, I thought I would say lets get that song on the charts, man! Buy This Time! Put it out there! Please help me out, I’m but a poor struggling writer throwing my name out there. So please tell your friends. Please don’t stream music, you can if you want sometimes, but just download and buy mine.

I don’t even get the money, I’m just trying to keep writing songs for people. Tell your friends, share with people, do whatever you can. This is shameless promotion but this is the last chance I have!

You guys are the most powerful fan base in the world so please, make it happen! This Time, let’s get it up there, man. Let’s beat, I don’t know, let’s beat Bruno Mars or something!”

Darren a poor struggling writer? Really? Don't stream music--well you can if you want, but buy mine. I don't get money for it? I think he probably does get a portion of each download.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next