Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 25 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Ranwing 3/22/2015, 9:33 am

Darren is rapidly approaching the point in his career where he's going to have to prove that he really is as good as his PR says he is. The problem is that (as his detractors have pointed out) he isn't. He doesn't have the drive or the work ethic to push himself to improve as a performer, and he seems to have surrounded himself with yes men who keep praising his talent. Unfortunately for Darren, he's now putting himself in a venue when real critics are going to have their say, as well as an audience that isn't made up of just his fans who are happy to ignore his very clear performance flaws.

One of three things is going to happen. The most doubtful is that Darren is going to prove that he's really better than we've been seeing from him. The second is that this run is going to show Darren's limitations and really set his career back because he'll have proved that he just wasn't up to the challenge. Of course, he could perform badly and his PR team will still manage to spin it positively.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  ColferInspired 3/22/2015, 9:47 am

So, he thinks he is better than Bruno Mars.

Wow, he does think highly of himself.

And he is not struggling, he comes from a rich family. dryy
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/22/2015, 12:21 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Darren a poor struggling writer?  Really?  Don't stream music--well you can if you want, but buy mine.   I don't get money for it?  I think he probably does get a portion of each download.  
As @ColferInspired already said: Darren comes from a very rich family, so he's no "poor struggling writer". arghh
Plus as a writer of the song he should get at least a few cents per iTunes download, unless Glee bought the rights from him, and in that case he got paid for it too.

And if his the Glee fandom in general hasn't brought 'This Time' to #1 on the charts, then begging a few hundred fans in Paris (who already paid big bucks to get their cast picture at the Paris Glee con) to please buy it won't make a difference either. Rolling Eyes

Having said that: the highest number for 'This Time' I could find on the charts is #71, which for Glee standards is rather good, but don't forget Lea's role in this: her songs always sell reasonably well.
If you sort of want to compare Lea's selling power to Darren's: both had a duet with Chris in the finale 2 episodes: Chris/Lea's duet (Popular) charted at #240, while Chris/Darren's duet (Daydream Believer) charted at #306.

The group song 'I Lived' peaked at #45. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/22/2015, 12:21 pm

Well I do think Darren is proud of his song "This Time "'and TBH, I can't blame him for pushing people to buy it.  More than just singing, it's his composition and his  " baby".

Chris said that the Glee episode he wrote was special to him, and who can  blame him?  So Darren feeling "This Time" is something special and he wants to promote, again, I can't find fault with that.

Chris also  feels probably the same way about his books, and yes, also wants fans to buy his work. I wouldn't be offended by Chris saying " hey please buy my book". I think for writers/composers/songwriters to do shameless promoting is par for the course.  Chris told people to  "buy" "rent' "download" Struck by Lightning when it came out and that's fine.

As usual the problem with Darren is that he just runs off at the mouth.  For someone who talks and talks and talks he stumbles a lot.  

Poor struggling writer probably refers to he's not established in the field, but it comes off badly because Darren just fucking babbles all the time.

However I do want to say that Darren showed the cast wasn't as unaware of things as they pretended.  Of course he knows most people don't watch Glee anymore, the Glee songs don't chart anymore, and the TV show got " weird".

The downstreaming he mentioned is a actually big problem these days in the music biz, the children on the glee forum freely admit they don't buy most of their music and get it free.  I'm not throwing stones at anyone ( and I'm sure Darren downstream too) but people not buying the music is a big concern  these days.

If Chris books  could be circumvented so people didn't have to them buy it would impact his sales revenue.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/22/2015, 1:11 pm

DC's "shameless self promotion" actually sounds cute. phr34r

(yes i am a shameless flip flopper, for i kinda feel sorry for him now. Smile )
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/22/2015, 1:15 pm

I remember after a small  Chris Isaak concert a few years back  Chris was peddling his CD's at the back table and yelling..."Buy one, and buy one for your friends, c'mmon just buy another!"  It was hilarious.  When I went up for him to sign mine  he winked and said" It's all part of the gig"... Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/22/2015, 6:36 pm

I don't care about Darren trying to sell his work, but him saying he's a poor songwriter and doesn't even get paid for the iTunes sales is just not true.
Plus those kids probably already bought the songs from iTunes, as they were willing to pay good money for the convention (and travel expences), and maybe also seperately for the Darren concert.
But whatevs. saispa

From the Paris convention:

- "Blaine and Karofsky happened because narrative drama. It was humbling for kurt to experience blaine moving on with someone who had hurt him in lasting and painful ways.
If it shocked/surprised, though? They did their job."
(from a Q&A with one of the producers)

- Someone asking Darren about his album: "Putting it on the back burner, not wanting to be pitted against Glee, wanting to do music on his own terms"; "for now not planning to release it but will see."
(Or in other words: his album was shelved, lol.)

- Chris and Darren did indeed improvise the game in the elevator, but also created the little scene when Kurt is bummed out when Blaine talks about Karofsky. Lol, the writers didn't even put that in themselves.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 3/22/2015, 6:44 pm

Yes, because of all the characters on Glee, Kurt is the one that needed to be humbled, AGAIN. This time for breaking it off with a manipulating, immature, known cheater who he was unable to live with - twice! How dare he! 100 lashes for you, Kurt Hummel, in the form of your former fiancée dating your former bully.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/22/2015, 6:50 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

- "Blaine and Karofsky happened because narrative drama. It was humbling for kurt to experience blaine moving on with someone who had hurt him in lasting and painful ways.
x (from a Q&A with one of the producers)
This makes me all sorts of mad. They didn't have guts to even give Kurt a decent midgame, or even a fling, but somehow Kurt was the one in need of facing reality?  Kurt needed to be put back in to his place, back in the corner?

Kurt needed to be humble about what exactly?

I know that the show is over but them not being any wiser about this crap they managed to put out is astounding. Do they really think all of their choices were interesting?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/22/2015, 7:10 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

x (from a Q&A with one of the producers)
This makes me all sorts of mad. They didn't have guts to even give Kurt a decent midgame, or even a fling, but somehow Kurt was the one in need of facing reality?  Kurt needed to be put back in to his place, back in the corner?

Kurt needed to be humble about what exactly?

I know that the show is over but them not being any wiser about this crap they managed to put out is astounding. Do they really think all of their choices were interesting?

That makes me very mad too. I will not watch another show by any of The Glee's producers again. Not even if Chris Colfer is in it.That quote  in my opinion is something a Blaine can do no wrong stan would say.

Kurt  had nothing to be humble about especially when it came to Blaine,if any one needed   to be humbled it was Blaine.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/22/2015, 8:55 pm

The sad thing is that Kurt is the only character that they can tell this kind of a story through. Darren is completely incapable of carrying even the simplest storylines so if you want to see genuine emotion and angst, Chris is your go to actor.

So it sucks for his character to be put through the wringer over things that are in no way his fault, but the show elected to go for cheap theatrics in place of intelligent storytelling about a couple that just grew apart and this is what we ended up with. At least I was able to enjoy some absolutely stellar acting from Chris to enjoy.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/22/2015, 8:58 pm

I already expressed my feelings on the Blainofsky stuff elsewhere, so copy and paste:

There is so much wrong with all of that.
- Just creating drama for drama's sake, but not following up on it at all.
- Kurt needing to be humbled for some weird reason.
- The writers not thinking through what dating his ex's former bully did to Blaine as a character.
- Noone even considering the fandom's negative reaction to Blainofsky.

And in the end it amounted to absolutely nothing, as (except for Kurt's reaction and voice-over at Scandals) they never even talked about it on the show!

Jeez, they really hated Kurt (and/or Chris). Of course they were also so stupid and blind that they messed Blaine up even more in the process of humiliating Kurt.
What unprofessional hacks. smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/22/2015, 9:59 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I already expressed my feelings on the Blainofsky stuff elsewhere, so copy and paste:

There is so much wrong with all of that.
- Just creating drama for drama's sake, but not following up on it at all.
- Kurt needing to be humbled for some weird reason.
- The writers not thinking through what dating his ex's former bully did to Blaine as a character.
- Noone even considering the fandom's negative reaction to Blainofsky.

And in the end it amounted to absolutely nothing, as (except for Kurt's reaction and voice-over at Scandals) they never even talked about it on the show!

Jeez, they really hated Kurt (and/or Chris). Of course they were also so stupid and blind that they messed Blaine up even more in the process of humiliating Kurt.
What unprofessional hacks. smajli

Great post I agree with all of it. I doubt there will be a Glee spin- off but I hope Chris turns down a role in a spin-off it one is ever offered to him.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/22/2015, 10:42 pm

Ryan just spoke about Scream Queens and he just admitted he sort of wrote it for Jamie Lee Curtis who must be the main character.

A character is killed off every week, so I don't know how long Lea's character is going to last. saispa
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/23/2015, 5:34 am

So Lea is moving from being a lead in a series to a supporting player (who may get killed off at any point). That doesn't point to a long commitment to the show. Strange that she would agree to that kind of a project (almost like taking a demotion).

My guess is that she may have wanted to take a more supporting spot in a TV program to allow her more freedom for her own projects. If she isn't tied to a TV show long-term, that would leave her time to not just work on an album, but actually do some promotion and tour in support of it. Or maybe do another film. It keeps her in the public eye.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/23/2015, 5:55 am

Ryan has hired a pair of gay twins that just came out on Youtube.

They are blonde and attractive but are not actors.

Can already see the show is doomed to fail. Rolling Eyes

Nick Jonas will be naked a lot of the time.

Looks like a show with a lot of pretty people.

FuckyeahScreamQueens is now on tumblr.

Looks like Ryan is trying to do another Glee by trying to attract the younger crowd. I don't how they are going to keep them interested if they fall in love with a particular character and they died a week later.

The cast looks too big, so luckily they will be killing of most them by the time the first season ends.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 3/23/2015, 6:11 am

Maybe Lea is (wisely) distancing herself from Glee by choosing a role that is the very opposite of Rachel Berry, and a supporting role in a Ryan Murphy show is what she can readily get due to the swift decline of Glee. As she has another book coming out this year, it's wise to keep herself busy and her name out there.

Looks like RM is making Scream Queens to be a campy version of AHS, so maybe AHS + Glee + Popular? In any case, it's not something I'm interested in so best of luck to the show, I guess.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/23/2015, 6:36 am

It could just be that Ryan signed Lea onto the show for a short time to get the glee fandom interested in the show. Have here on for half a season to get the fans watching, kill her off twelve episodes in, and hopefully by then the people will like the show even without her and still watch.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/23/2015, 7:42 am

honestly, all this proves is how much of a one tick pony murphy really is. when was the last time the guy had an original idea ??? he just keeps rehashing his old shows, making them into these bizarre hybrids and hoping for the best. and what is worst we all know that he can't focus on one thing for to long because it gets boring to him, he loses interest and the show's quality nosedives. it happened every single time.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/23/2015, 10:48 am

If characters get killed off but it's only a 13 episode series I suppose they could come back the next year as a different character in  a new story?
I dunno the premise sounds too arch by half for me, and if it's a dark comedy the tone being slightly off it could be a disaster.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/23/2015, 12:25 pm

After having what Ryan have done to Glee and AHS,I'm afraid of his upcoming projects. Ryan decent ideas dont last more than a season. Why producers still accept his ideas?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/23/2015, 12:59 pm

I have no desire to see a Ryan Murphy or Brad Falchuk production ever again. I was surprised that Fox offered him another slot after he ran Glee into the ground, but I guess they figure that they can grab what they can in the first season or two, then dump it.

Some actors do seem to like him, though, as it seems like some of them have no problem going to work with him again. he should probably stick to movies, though Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/23/2015, 3:33 pm

I honestly think that Networks have lower expectations these days.  If a show can have buzz for a year or two they're good.   With downloads and netflix stuff, does syndication really matter that much anymore?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/23/2015, 4:26 pm

^ i doubt it. I think soon it will be irrelevant. tv and cables are slowly dying off. people want things on demand, anywhere, anytime and the internet is facilitate that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/23/2015, 11:27 pm

I'm watching a programme that is commenting the end of Glee. And one of the critics said that one of the problems of Ryan Murphy is he is good at decorating(lightning,photography,so on) his movies and tv shows,but doesnt care about the story,to give some depth to the characters.

Also I've noticed,that outside the US,most of GA think Glee ended seasons ago.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 41  Next