Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  fantastica 3/18/2015, 7:35 pm

Matt and DC are not at the same level. Matt is a true broadway veteran, a true tripple threat. DC needs to prove himself on the stage. honestly i don't care one way or the other for ticket sales. lower sales doesn't equate to lower talent, and vice versa. how well they do on stage is the real test. so, i don't care about how many (or few) tickets DC can sell. i am more interested in how real theater critics judge his performance.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Ranwing 3/18/2015, 9:26 pm

Matt is a Tony and Drama Desk nominee. Darren gets stunt cast into parts because they think that his fangirls will fill seats. The problem is that Darren's fanbase, while still vocal, is a lot smaller than it was a few years ago. Whether or not they will plunk down big bucks and be numerous enough to keep a theater filled for a 12 weeks run... that remains to be seen.

Also what remains to be seen... whether or not Darren's voice will survive his run. Matt's been in vocal training for the past year to make sure that he's in good shape for the show. Darren... not so much.

It's another example of the difference between being an actor and being a "star".
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/18/2015, 9:56 pm

TV Line has a list of Glee's best Diva's. I love what they wrote about Kurt and Blaine:

6. Kurt Hummel

I like to think of Lady Hummel as a diva-in-progress. He’s had the attitude since Day 1, but it’s taken some time for his confidence to catch up to the rest of him. And while he’s never been much of a belter, that brazen falsetto is powerful enough to knock out all your baby teeth. Honestly, one of the only reasons Kurt isn’t higher on this list is because his identity got — for lack of a better word — swallowed up by Blaine during their relationship. That’s not Kurt’s fault, but it is what it is.

5. Blaine Anderson

Just when we thought no one applied more product to their hair than Will Schuester, along came this walking oil spill. Never afraid to throw down with the girls, and rarely (if ever) shown up, Blaine exudes all the qualities of a true diva — including the tendency to, on occasion, outshine his fellow performers to the point of mild annoyance. Hey, no one said divas had to play well with others.

http://tvline.com/gallery/glee-best-singers-rachel-santana-series-finale-photos/#!5/glee-divas-kurt/

The bolded part about Kurt is so true.

The bolded part about Blaine is my favorite thing written about Blaine ever.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/19/2015, 5:00 am

^There's certainly a lot of shade in that article, but tbh I can't praise a reporter for the good things he wrote down (the bolded parts) when he also calls Kurt "Lady Hummel" in the same breath.

I also don't agree with Santana being #1: she's a bitch, not a diva. And her foul mouth is not her being "honest", it's just plain bullying.
The #1 position should have gone to Rachel, as she has the worst diva attitude of them all, with Blaine being #2.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/19/2015, 5:10 am

^^^^

Sooooo true! Like if we go with negative stereotypical diva, Blainchel should be #1&2

But if we go positive diva with mostly sass and spunk, ect. I think Mercedes is number 1 and Kurt is number 2

Like either way the cons and pros of being a certain type of diva lol Smile
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/19/2015, 11:28 am

Rachel is certainly the number one diva. She needs constant validation, thinks the world revolves around her and has expectations that everyone will continue to prop her at all times.

Blaine is a diva because he totally has the expectation that he gets to sing before anyone else (if Rachel isn't in the room, and then they can drunken duet.

I also agree that Santana is not a diva, she is a self-declared straight up bitch. I will never get the adulation that cruel, bitchy people get on television shows. I would avoid them like the plague in real life.

Kurt might have been a diva long ago, but he rose above that, when the RIB universe declined to acknowledge with song and solos that Kurt deserves the spotlight. I am glad, because Kurt deserves more than to be a self-obsessed twit. Chris made him multidimensional, and despite criminal lack of any independent storyline for years, we can still see glimmers of that wonderful individual.

Most of the rest are simple cardboard caricatures of people we don't want to meet, let alone know.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/19/2015, 12:42 pm

Its amazing how even now Pseudo-lesbians would rather gnaw off their right arm then find any fault in Ryan and Brad.  They'd have Chris/Kurt with 3 minutes of screen-time for all eternity as long as it services their ship, and  their nose is so wedged up   Brad, Ryan (and lets'a add the Camera man Sedillo) asses  it's amazing they can even breath in there.

It's fascinating in a rubbernecking roadkill kind of way, actually.

On a more positive note, can't wait to hear the first reports from London...

bounce bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/20/2015, 2:33 am

More media being honest.

“Glee had shitty writing. The show began its life as an arch, sharp-witted celebration of adolescent outsider-ness. With success, it rapidly degenerated into an iTunes download sales pitch to which slapdash dilemmas and zingers were lassoed. If you’re trying to create an intelligent TV show, you need intelligence—as well as a plan, and a capacity for weaving compelling narratives. After a promising start, it was revealed that Glee didn’t have any of these.”
— Vanity Fair
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/20/2015, 3:30 am

“Ryan Murphy has always had problems following the rules of narrative logic, but in this final season, he seems to have given up on trying.”
— June Thomas, Slate.com  LINK
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/20/2015, 11:01 am

Happy last day we'll have to see Chris on television opposite Darren day!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/20/2015, 10:34 pm

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so snark and bark it is. I guess Darren must be answering fans on Facebook right now:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 23 Tumblr_nljfrho57r1r4gxc3o1_540

LOL. Yeah, I don't think so.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/20/2015, 10:46 pm

I think the Glee cast is already done with Glee and anything involved with it.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/20/2015, 10:54 pm

Darren is an asshole. Always has been, always will be.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 23 Tumblr_nljgemAjwr1u88r6co1_500
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/20/2015, 11:15 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Darren is an asshole.  Always has been, always will be.  

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 23 Tumblr_nljgemAjwr1u88r6co1_500

His douchebaggery live on...

Thank you, Darren, for confirming that you are a complete asshole and that I will go out of my way to avoid seeing you in any of your future endeavors. You could never touch Chris. Your current success is built entirely on the benefit you gained by working with him. And you can’t compliment him without giving that little homophobic dig. No, you have to belittle his winning the kind of awards that you will never win in your wildest dreams.

So fuck you.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2015, 12:17 am

He can go choke on his jealousy. :angry:

He can wallow in his three month stunt casting while Chris and others are branching out in London.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 3/21/2015, 12:19 am

Boy, Chris' Golden Globe really gnaws at him, doesn't it. His passive-aggressive digs at Chris are so telling.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/21/2015, 12:24 am

At *best* Darren was trying to be witty, and of course the rationale is that Chris has referred to himself as a woman figuratively speaking ( in the Klaine interviews for the wedding Chris said the future Kurt could be played by Marcia Gay Harden ) .  Jane Lynch referred to Chris as an " old soul".

Having said that, it was a tasteless and tacky joke that failed badly at best.

It seemed to reinforce some negative perceptions about Darren, and for someone as obsequious and gushing about others as Darren chooses to be at times, well , I've been drinking so I better stop.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2015, 12:27 am

angelnessa wrote:Boy, Chris' Golden Globe really gnaws at him, doesn't it. His passive-aggressive digs at Chris are so telling.

This will put off a lot fans that generally like them equally and drop Darren.

He would not have that many rabid fans anymore.

They will start dropping away now Glee is over as they will latch onto other actors, other gay couples and lose their interest in Darren.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/21/2015, 2:33 am

Darren obvious envy of Chris is pathetic. Chris do not talk about Darren unless he absolutely have to, Darren can never shut up about Chris and throw digs at Chris golden globe and 'whiny tears' he is so pathetic and jealous. I also heard his Hedwig was promoted on Glee too? Pathetic.
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/21/2015, 2:57 am

I went to FB thinking of replying that, but couldn't find it. And I think was the best as by the moment I don't wanna lose time calling out Darren for his jealousy. I might be wrong and probably he wanna made a joke, but it didn't come out as that. Not for me. I mean, you have names for your friends, but darren and chris are only co-workers.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/21/2015, 3:06 am

The problem for me is that this is  the 3rd time Darren has joked about Chris Golden Globe win, his Freudian slip is showing.

During the ODNT behind the scenes ostensibly about Chris' achievements  interview Darren jokes that people would guess he's the Golden Globe winner.

In the joint Klaine interview he says Chris won the GG for whiny crying.

And now he tweets that Chris won the GG for disguising he's really an old woman.

Geez, how many times is he going to bring up Chris GG win as a "joke" ?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2015, 3:09 am

This is about Chris's acting, the other comments like from Jane is about Chris himself as is the comment Chris says about himself.

That is what makes Darren's comment insulting.

Why didn't he do it the same way as Jane did or Chris himself?

It has to be always about that Golden Globe and how Chris earned it by Darren's opinions masked as so called jokes.

Why joke about Chris's Golden a second time, unless Darren is jealous?

A person will only do this out of jealousy. :angry: 

Why not stop it with praise, like everyone else has done before and still are.

Why add that other comment if he wasn't jealous?

Darren is the first member of that cast that has done this, and done it twice.

Lea said Chris and Kurt have saved many lives. You don't see her mocking his Golden Globe win or his talent. Or Kevin, or Naya, or Matt, or Jane.

Darren is mocking Chris, that is what Darren is doing. :angry:

How can this be a joke when it is mocking someone?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/21/2015, 3:10 am

Buenos wrote:The problem for me is that this is  the 3rd time Darren has joked about Chris Golden Globe win, his Freudian slip is showing.

During the ODNT behind the scenes ostensibly about Chris' achievements  interview Darren jokes that people would guess he's the Golden Globe winner.

In the joint Klaine interview he says Chris won the GG for whiny crying.

And now he tweets that Chris won the GG for disguising he's really an old woman.

Geez, how many times is he going to bring up Chris GG win as a "joke" ?

You know, one time it might be a joke. But three times? At least for me it says a lot; I guess for darren stans, and even some who are fan of both, will believe he's proud of Chris. But who else from the cast mentions the GG as much as Darren does?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/21/2015, 3:18 am

I have a feeling a lot of Darren stans who thinks there is nothing wrong with his comments,are the same ones who hate on Chris for saying something that is not 100% pro Klaine in their eyes.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2015, 3:19 am

I would love to go on his facebook and remind him who won three PCA's, but I am not a petty person.

Darren needs to shut up and get on with his life.

They are no longer working together, and this obsession with Chris winning that Golden Globe needs to stop.

Glee is finished, he needs to get over it.

Chris earned it with his hardwork and the fact he cared about his character and the kids that he knew Kurt was helping.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next