Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 8 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Jellyrolls 10/9/2014, 9:48 pm

ColferInspired wrote:That pic is actually a spoiler, and I am guessing a flashback.

I should have put it behind spoiler tags here and put it in the Spoiler Thread.

I added spoiler tags around the picture.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 8 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 10:03 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:That pic is actually a spoiler, and I am guessing a flashback.

I should have put it behind spoiler tags here and put it in the Spoiler Thread.

I added spoiler tags around the picture.

Thanks. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/10/2014, 3:00 am

And now this moron does this. brikwol 

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 8 Tumblr_nd76hb1Fk41r4gxc3o1_500

The tinhatters must be loving this.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/10/2014, 8:36 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Or maybe he is just baiting the K(b)lainers because he knows they're pissed about the spoilers and not talking about him enough.

Or maybe he just realizes that Blaine is nothing without Kurt because Blaine sucks.  
^Or all of the above. dryy

ColferInspired wrote:And now this moron does this. brikwol 

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 8 Tumblr_nd76hb1Fk41r4gxc3o1_500

The tinhatters must be loving this.
^And that's exactly why these 2 are doing it. Rolling Eyes

What's typical about that picture is that:
- Klainers' #1 pacifier and promoter Joaquin took the picture (and tweeted about it).
- Darren tweeted the picture, of course: anything to give him attention.
- Chris did not retweet it, but he did like a few pics on instagram, one from Amber.
- It seems to me that Chris is posing for the picture and Darren comes up from behind, so Chris is probably not aware that Darren's in the picture too.

So why do I get the feeling that Chris was tricked into this, or at least that he thought it wasn't supposed to be a Klaine picture at all, and Darren and Joaquin just ran with it? saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/10/2014, 9:13 am

Whatever... Chris is so past this it's not funny. He's there to do his job but he's not going to lift a finger to promote Glee outside of the official PR that he's required to do under contract.

And yeah, way to placate the whining Klainers. Because it's just what they needed - to be further indulged. And all this picture does is show just how out of Blaine's league Kurt is. He was out of Blaine's league back in season two and the contrast is even more telling now. Still can't get over how irritated I am that Blaine only seems to really want Kurt (and make some effort to win him over) when Kurt is moving away from him. Really bodes well for any future relationship between them. dryy
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2014, 9:42 am

Blaine looks like a creepy stalker in the picture.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/10/2014, 10:20 am

^Then for once Darren is totally in character. whis
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/10/2014, 10:36 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Then for once Darren is totally in character. whis

Shocking!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/11/2014, 8:35 am

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist (I totally sound like one) and usually I really do not judge the facial expressions of actors on set, as they usually are not very telling.

But.... Chris totally does not look happy in the picture. There I said it.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/11/2014, 2:29 pm

Honestly , I can't read much on Chris expression on that photo one way or the other.

It just seems like a random photo on set, not much different from these:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 8 Tumblr_ncu03zN7fo1ql1znmo1_500

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 8 Tumblr_nbq85r9kH41rojy6eo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  rainespeaks 10/11/2014, 6:45 pm

The one with Chris and Lea seems to be one in which Chris is saying: "Enjoy if you've been drinking".

Maybe not ...

The Dalton pic and the recent daleastreet pic are clear plays for attention. It's a bit sad. vomit2
rainespeaks
rainespeaks
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/14/2014, 9:03 pm

Per the Chord/Darren instagram powerbottom:

Such transparency, no??   coool

Let's see when Matt Bomer, Neal Patrick Harris, Chris Colfer, John Barrowman,  Jim Parsons, etc do a similar pose with a straight male costar's photo...oh that's right, they would not do it for it's offensive nature.

Last edited by Buenos on 10/14/2014, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/14/2014, 11:16 pm

So chord has taken down the picture from Instagram, but left the tweet and a retweet of the manipulation with Chris on his twitter. Wonder how long it will take him to clean that up.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/15/2014, 4:31 am

^Wait, what? Chord retweeted a tweet with Chris photoshopped on Sam's body? Shocked

Wow, if I could just maybe have given him the benefit of the doubt (as a first time offender as far as I know) in thinking the pic with Darren was just oblivion frat boy stupidity of Chord at first (he is not the brightest bulb in the house after all) him retweeting a manip with Chris is deliberately very rude and offensive, and leaves no doubt that he knew exactly what he was doing and how wrong it was, not to mention how this would affect his gay colleague.

But Chord took the pic down from instagram, even after it had gotten many thousands of likes. This means that either he's aware of how part of the fandom was not amused by it, or he has been firmly spoken to (reprimanded?) by either Fox PR or a few of his cast mates. Hopefully they talked to Darren too, but he'll probably just duck and hide from the public for a while, pretending nothing happened and staying out of the fire zone, as per usual.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/15/2014, 5:17 am

Chord did eventually delete the retweet of the picture of the manip with Chris. He did leave the tweet with the link to the picture, and a couple of retweets where people were saying power bottom was trending.

I agree with you that Chord retweeting the manip was definitely Chord playing up frat boy gay humor. I don't think he did it to intentionally be hurtful to Chris, but he definitely showed no consideration for Chris or Kurt when he retweeted it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/15/2014, 6:10 am

^I meant the first pic with Darren could possible be excused (but not really) as stupid frat boy stuff, although Chord should have known better.
But it's the manip picture that took it to a whole new level imo and was very disrespectful to Chris/Kurt.

Chord indeed probably didn't mean to intentionally hurt Chris, but he must have known about how much Chris hates (sexual) manips of him and Darren, or at least how the crisscolfers harass him all the time and jump on every little thing.
So for him to retweet that manip (even when he has taken it down now) was a hell of a lot more stupid than just straight privilege frat boy stupid. Tbh: it made Chord sink a lot lower on my like/dislike indicator.

I wonder if it was Chris himself who asked Chord to delete the tweets/retweets?
On the other hand I hope Chris never finds out about any of this, but I'm afraid that's wishful thinking: I'm sure people have tweeted the pics to him already. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/15/2014, 9:02 am

I think, atleast personally, that recently they really haven't given a shit...even more than before. They still have a role to ride with and promotional red carpets to attend to, so why not be rude. Have fun while it lasts boys.

Next year this time it's good luck and dedication if ANY of Glee actors have a acting job. Yes, and Chris is one of them. Perhaps on a clearer waters that Chord especially IMO!, but tougher times for everyone too.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/15/2014, 9:05 am

It really boggles my mind just how much disrespect this whole thing shows for gay people in general and Chris in particular. It's not as if they don't spend a lot of time with Chris and should show some consideration for his feelings on the matter. Knowing Chris, he'll never air this BTS dirty laundry in public, but if he's aware of what is going on I doubt he'd be happy.

What also boggles my mind is how stupid it was of Chord to tweet that particular picture now. They filmed that scene months ago. To tweet it now smack of attention seeking and it was done in as tasteless a way as possible. I may not have thought that Chord was such a great actor or singer, but I'd believed that he was a nice guy. That belief has taken a serious beating after this.

I don't think that this was malicious (in trying to deliberately insult or upset Chris) but it was deeply thoughtless and more than a little cruel. These are two grown men who should be more worried about what happens to their careers when the Glee gravy train ends (since neither of them seem to have much in the way of prospects) and less about goofing around like two teenagers who don't know better.

Last edited by Ranwing on 10/15/2014, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited because public and pubic don't mean the same thing!)
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/15/2014, 11:40 am

Like I said in the General discussion thread, just because you work on a show that has intermittently LGBTQ SL's or you are "okay " portraying a gay character that pays you lots of money doesn't make you suddenly all that enlightened and some ennobled gay ally.

Th frat boy insensitive humor at play here of straight guys having fun with "gay sex" imagery is the type of oblivious joking of people who don't get it.  I don't think it was malicious or evil, but simply thoughtless crude horsing around.  

Chord tweeting it now makes no sense other than attention whoring IMO, but whatever.  Only 4 months left of filming.  If Chord/Darren are sorry I would give them the BOD, I doubt any of us will ever know what happened to get the instagram pic taken down.  I do know Darren has told fans Chris hates RL fan fiction about them so I'm puzzled Chord would retweet that manpic with Chris as Kurt superimposed on Sam and Blaine.  It's one thing for fans to do something like that , it's quite another for colleagues.

I laugh at trying to equate Kevin's and Lea's photos with Chord's image as exactly the same thing. Uh no, there's a reason they didn't simulate an image of anal sex, but the "I'm queer when it's convenient to defend Darren" brigade doesn't get that either.  Imagine Max Adler doing the exact same frat boy humor thing and I can just picture their reaction.

It boils down to they (Darren/Chird) didn't get how such humor comes across to gay people, especially gay men, which belies all their platitudes of gay ally talk. As two straight men they have the luxury  of joking about "power bottoms". Once again, it was thoughtless humor but of course by the Trevor thing we'll hear endless gushing about how lucky gays are to have such a wonderful exceptional ally.

Eh, it's all over in a few months.

Some his being

Last edited by Buenos on 10/15/2014, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/15/2014, 12:36 pm

I'm just so out of the loop, so is there a manip with Chris face on Chord's body? Personally haven's seen that, but if there's one, is an insult, and wouldn't suprise me if crisscolfer made it.

As for the original picture, when I saw it I honestly didn't think was an intentional insult toward Chris, as I've seen frat boys doing the same stupid jokes before, and even though I think is cheap and disrespectful, don't take me by surprise anymore. I think the big deal here is the fact are darren and chord, and both are in a tv show that supposedly is in favor of LGBT community, and in the case of darren he even play a gay character, so is expected he behave as a sort of role model, or at least show more support. But as I said before, and read on twitter, they're like teenagers doing childish jokes and also like attention.

Oh, and please, Kevin and Lea pose is more like fangirls drooling over their idol, so there's no comparison.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/15/2014, 2:53 pm

brisallie wrote:I'm just so out of the loop, so is there a manip with Chris face on Chord's body? Personally haven's seen that, but if there's one, is an insult, and wouldn't suprise me if crisscolfer made it.
Yup, on both counts: the manip excists and was made by a crisscolfer. Of course. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/21/2014, 10:01 am

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 8 Tumblr_ndsghmomO51r4gxc3o3_r1_500
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 8 Tumblr_ndsghmomO51r4gxc3o2_r1_500

Lol Darren, desperate much?  

Were you so pissed that the guy didn't know your name (when he did know Chris' name, lol) that you tweeted him to make sure that he does now?   Rolling Eyes

With the added bonus of riling up the Klainers and crisscolfers again. dryy

Last edited by Glorfindel on 10/21/2014, 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2014, 10:24 am

OMG... could he be any more of a tool? That's just plain embarrassing. And really reeks of attention seeking. But I suppose that this is par for the course with Darren - someone isn't paying attention to you so you make sure that they notice you. He's the North Korea of Glee.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 10/21/2014, 11:24 am

It just makes me laugh.
Every time i think he can't get any more pathetic, but every time he proves me wrong
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/21/2014, 11:43 am

It really does show that outside of the Glee bubble, Darren just hasn't made enough of an impression that people would automatically know who he is. Sure his fans (and detractors) know who he is, but except for them it seems like the world is pretty indifferent to Darren.

Chris has earned a lot of regard both within Glee and outside of it. He's gotten the critical awards that show that the industry as a whole has taken note of him as a performer. His writing career might have gotten it's jump start because of Glee, but it's done well enough to earn him focus because of the quality of his work (along with the great sales). Chris made Time Magazines 100 most influential list. He has earned the regard and fame that he receives. He doesn't have to go trolling on Twitter to make sure that people know who he is.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next