Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  angelnessa 10/21/2014, 11:49 am

And he followed the guy as well... YOU WILL KNOW WHO I AM, DAMMIT!!!

The heart eyes emoji was unnecessary. He knows exactly what he's doing when he riles up fanatics.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  valkeakuulas 10/21/2014, 4:00 pm

I wondered how long it would take for Blarren stans to rip this person apart, but the poke came from the man himself!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/21/2014, 5:02 pm

FWIW the guy was making fun of himself  for not remembering Darren's name, no biggie IMO.   I dunno, I don't think Darren having fun with this was some horrible thing TBH.

On a side note though, this isn't a bash of Darren but of his fans, once again it shows Darren uses social media when he wants to, and is aware of it.  I get tired of hearing from his fans how he is so clueless to social media, etc.  

Now Chris doesn't use twitter and instagram as much as he used to, so I'm curious if he will use social media more once Glee is over.  I find his quips quite funny and of all the Glee folks his followers is only surpassed by Lea.

Kevin's twitter is a  hoot, and the one Glee alumni who uses twittter like Candy is Grant Gustin, he's such a twitter animal...LOL
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/21/2014, 9:40 pm

Gosh, it is pretty pathetic that Darren responded to that tweet, and then followed the guy. It does kind of spell desperation. It just seems crazy that he saw that post, and chose to respond to it (I'm guessing his stans probably forward it to him a zillion times).

In all honesty, Darren isn't all that well known outside of Glee (despite the attempts to push him into the forefront at events like when he gave his stupid intro at the SAG awards, or playing at various events), and he could very well wind up being known as "Blaine from Glee" or the "guy who played the Kurt's boyfriend on Glee." Outside of his stans, Darren just isn't that relevant in Hollywood.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/21/2014, 10:12 pm

Seems Darren desperate attitude has its effect, that guy Moriarty tweeted this:

Moriarty ‏@moriparty  
Please don't worry, Glee fan community of the world, I do actually know who Darren Criss is Wink

So I bet his fans can't accept there're people who has no idea what is darren real name :rolleyes:. I might be wrong, but I think if I ask people who is him, they would say' oh kurt's boyfriend'

Last edited by brisallie on 10/22/2014, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/22/2014, 10:27 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Gosh, it is pretty pathetic that Darren responded to that tweet, and then followed the guy.  It does kind of spell desperation.  It just seems crazy that he saw that post, and chose to respond to it (I'm guessing his stans probably forward it to him a zillion times). 
According to his fans Darren reads/follows the DarrenCrissNews tumblr. Laughing

brisallie wrote:Seems Darren desperate attitute has its effect, that guy Moriarty tweeted this:

Moriarty ‏@moriparty  
Please don't worry, Glee fan community of the world, I do actually know who Darren Criss is Wink
And now this poor guy will never forget who Darren Criss is, as it will always remind him of that time his twitter feed got crazy because of some entitled stans and the pouting attention seeking 'celebrity' himself! Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/22/2014, 12:27 pm

I'm sorry, but there is nothing more pathetic than a "star" who focuses that much on what the fans are saying about him. That's why you have a PR team. But I suppose that it's easier to troll your fans on Twitter than it is to actually work on your craft as a performer.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/28/2014, 3:56 pm

The latest Big Bang tumblr meltown about the "Fix it" fanfiction is  hilarious from all sides.

Glee fandom so  is divisive and fucked up.... (eating popcorn)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/28/2014, 9:32 pm

Buenos wrote:The latest Big Bang tumblr meltown about the "Fix it" fanfiction is  hilarious from all sides.

Glee fandom so  is divisive and fucked up.... (eating popcorn)

What is that fic about? I've the feeling is related to klaine lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/7/2014, 11:21 am

brisallie wrote:
fantastica wrote:is chris the one wearing shorts?

I think he is.

Sorry, I know isn't the right thread, but apparently daleastreet are not so loved in the fandom.

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:Sorry, I know isn't the right thread, but apparently daleastreet are not so loved in the fandom.
Apparently not loved enough to get a PCA nomination. moque    sifflou

Ranwing wrote:I think that the audience is very cognizant to the fact that Daleastreet is about as fake as my hair color is. Even going by Lea's very loose interpretation of what a bestie is, I don't think that anyone believes that they are anything other than work friends at best. And this constant self-imposed separation of this trio from the rest of the cast is really rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. I have a feeling that this is going to end up backfiring on them.

I would love to know who was the one to try to make Daleastreet a thing. I can't remember who the first one to tweet it was (was it Chord? Or maybe Lea?). But I wonder if it actually came down from Ryan (or maybe even someone like Mia because it "benefits" Darren).

I don't really understand why Lea is pushing it so much. I mean, she has absolutely nothing to gain by attaching herself to Chord, who is basically nothing outside of Glee and really just an afterthought on Glee used to give Darren someone to "act" opposite. And she has to realize that Darren is a very polarizing "actor" that is either extremely loved or extremely hated (there seems to be no indifference to him anymore, really). There is no benefit to Lea to have them as her "besties" and I actually think it does more damage to her than help. She doesn't need the gimmic of being part of this thing.

Darren and Chord, on the other hand, are banking on getting something from latching on to Lea like a leech. They want to be noticed! They want to shout, "look at me" (especially Darren).

And I agree with Ranwing that I believe these three are nothing more than work friends. I mean, there seemed to be no interaction amongst them until Blam made it's way to New York and they were starting to work with Lea. Maybe they hang out on set, and maybe they might even go out to dinner on the way home from work on occasion's, but I guarantee you that they don't see each other outside of that.

I'm definitely glad Chris isn't involved in all this nonsense. We know that he only really tweets about Glee when it involves something that excites him or is good for Kurt. I'm glad he isn't involved with the promotion of what is kind of the three stooges of the glee cast nowadays (though it pains me to put Lea in a category with Blarren and Chord).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/7/2014, 12:15 pm

I'm going to be blunt here (and I know that I'm going to offend some who may be more tolerant of Lea than I am at this point). Lea is very PR focused. Probably the most so out of everyone in the cast (with the sole exception of Darren). She does little without the intent of getting some kind of attention. Whether this was a crackpot idea that the three of them came up with together or it was a directive from TPTB really don't matter because Lea will pretty much go along with anything for PR.

And it looks crappy that the three of them appear to be all cozy together while excluding other cast members that they have been working with for years. Lea keeps gushing about how close she and Chris are (or were), but we just don't see that. And while Chris will do official promotion for his show, he rarely uses his own social media accounts for PR (unless it's something that he's very excited about, like working with Adam Lambert).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/7/2014, 12:27 pm

Oh, I agree that Lea is very much into the promotion, but I still don't see any benefit for her to link herself to someone as polarizing as Darren or someone as irrelevant as Chord.

And it is definitely crappy to exclude the rest of the cast, but in all honesty, some of the ones they are excluding (mostly Chris, Kevin, and to a lesser extent Matt) are the ones with the most prospects already lined up outside of Glee.  They don't need to be tweeted out or instagrammed with some silly ship name.

Darren and Chord have small bones tossed their ways.  They need the connection with Lea--Lea can not reap any benefit from the two clowns.  She still gets more publicity than any other Glee cast member.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/7/2014, 12:56 pm

I think that Lea was directed to play along with Daleastreet because, as you said, there is no benefit for her to be linked to two actors with few prospects after Glee. I think it's more trying to benefit Darren and Chord, linking them to Lea (who has had some modest successes with her own projects and has at least some prospects after Glee). I agree that this can hurt Lea more than help her and I wish that she would be smarter about what PR she agrees to rather than just going along with anything that gets her attention.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/7/2014, 1:20 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Darren and Chord have small bones tossed their ways.  They need the connection with Lea--Lea can not reap any benefit from the two clowns.  She still gets more publicity than any other Glee cast member.
Adding to @Ranwing's post:

If I interpret things correctly of all the cast members from Glee it's Lea, Darren and Chord who are the most in the favor of RIB, especially Ryan Murphy. They also seem to be the ones from the cast most obvious to continu to work with Ryan (and Brad) on future projects.
All 3 of them would be foolish to bite the hand that feeds them by e.g. Lea not wanting to promote Darren and Chord alongside with her with the #Daleastreet nonsense.

And tbh: by the looks of it neither Darren or Chord have something major lined up for them after Glee, so they clearly benefit by staying on Fox/Ryan's good side and by hanging out with Lea, but what does Lea really have that they don't, besides promoting her own little only-famous-because-of-Glee persona via cd's and books about herself?
There are rumors she'll be in one of Ryan's next shows ('Screaming Divas' or something?), and she is a shoe-in to do 'Funny Girl' at some point, which will also be a Ryan Murphy production. I guess she can always go back to Broadway, but to me it seems she wants to be a movie/tv star. But are there any future Hollywood projects known for her that she booked outside of Fox or Ryan?

Lea may be more famous and popular than Darren and Chord, and they definitely benefit (although if #Daleastreet is beneficial at all is doubtful at best) more from this Daleastreet promoting than her, but from the way I see it Lea's still in the same position as Darren and Chord are, especially when it comes to her dependency on Glee, Fox and RIB.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/7/2014, 2:13 pm

I find Lea's efforts to stay on RM's good side really interesting. Obviously no one wants to go out of their way to tick off someone that can help their careers in the future (which is why I credit Chris for being so professional even when he hasn't been happy with how the show used him or his character). But Lea's... I can't think of any other way to say it.... brown-nosing is a bit disconcerting. She does pretty much everything that she's told to do. Daleastreet isn't official PR for the show. It's a made up "friendship" to try to jazz up interest and all it's doing is setting these three apart (in an unfavorable manner for many) from the other members of the cast. This may keep her in RM's good graces, but it's souring a portion of the audience towards her (and may hurt her chances to work outside of RM projects).

RM has a lot of projects going on, but he's hardly the only (or most successful) producer in TV. And Lea not willing (or able) to get work outside of projects that he's helming really call into question her career viability in the long run. Like Chris, I wouldn't ever rule out working with RM again, but it starts looking bad when she can only get work through him. I'd like to hear Lea start talking about other projects she's working on that don't automatically circle back to Glee because the longer she goes without having something viable to do after Glee ends production (and that's coming up awfully fast), the more it looks like she will need RM to keep herself in popular media. It's telling that even the one stage project she's even mentioned lately (Funny Girl) still hinges on the fact that RM is in charge and she had a whole Glee storyline set up to project her into the part.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/7/2014, 2:28 pm

It's all sort of a moot point until we know how their careers are going to go post Glee.

By December we'll have a better idea of   other projects (if any) that some of the cast have going.  IN just 3 months (early Feb) it;'s all over , Glee wise, regardless.

I agree with Jellyrolls and Ranwing that Lea is very PR conscious and savvy, (to her detractors even the Cory relationship was simply PR Rolling Eyes ).

We know she said her label wants to get a 2nd album out and a concert tour next year,(Columbia Records have her listed in their official website under their active artist roster, the only Glee actor so  individually specified). as well as she's planning her second book.

Lea has also tweeted as many photos with Becca Tobin the last few months as the "Daleastreet" , in all fairness, and even seen socially with her after hours on several occasions.   The problem is there are some people who don't like her being shown in photos with Darren and Chord, because quite frankly,  they don't like Darren and Chord.  .  Prior to this year, Lea was most seen photographed on set with Chris, and as we know, Chris isn't one to  tweet photos on set very often.  There wasn't an outcry that her "friendship" with Chris was fabricated by Kurt fans , so yes, I do see a bit of a double standard.  If Lea has developed a friendship with Darren and Chord that she wants to send photos of them together, I don't see the big deal.  If she had done that , with say, Amber and Chris, nobody would be howling and complaining, IMO.  Having said that, I find this whole hullabaloo silly because I suspect that Lea, Darren and Chord are not each others primary screen costars on Glee.  It's Chris and Darren, and Chord and Amber I suspect, (or at least as much as Chord/Lea).  Through 6/7 episodes just one spoiler has been revealed of the Daleastreet trio so again,  I just don't see the big screen triad, one way or the other.     What I'm guessing is that there were bigger plans for them when Chris was originally slated to be gone for up to 2 months filming "Noel" but those plans got bumped.  However if she feels closer to Darren and Chord now, what's the harm?   I seriously doubt Chris, Amber, Matt, Jenna, Kevin etc are losing any sleep over it.  LOL.

AS someone who likes Lea alot, I will say one thing.   Chris, Amber, Kevin, Jenna, Mark, Dianna, Harry and Naya have never dissed her publicly, according to Lea Amber will text her out of the blue to remind her how much she loves her, so I just don't see a lot of friction between the original Glee, rumors notwithstanding.  It could be there, but for now, it's all merely speculation.

Completely agree that she is a special pet of Ryan Murphy , though until now we have no way of knowing if that is going to be a career hindrance for her post Glee.   It's all speculation.   I know many who don't like her thnk it will be, but quite frankly, I'm sure a lot of actors would like to have that particular  "problem".   I say that suspecting that down the line Chris will most likely work with Ryan Murphy in another project again, especially if the role is interesting/challenging for Chris.  I think Ryan would work again with Chris in  a heartbeat. 

I also wonder  that with as busy as Chris has been the last year  with his writing (and apparently other projects he's only hinted about, ie getting Disney rights for characters, having others write for him, etc)  that something HUGE is going to be announced for Chris as soon as Glee is over.  In interviews he's said he has another movie lined up and hinted about  other book titles pending.    My suspicion is that he has a development deal with another network, and everything has to be quasi hush hush until his commitment to FOX is over.   That or he has a pilot he wrote that has been picked up.

Chris isn't one for hyperbole, so when he said in interviews he's going to be busy for the next couple of year, he probably meant he's busy and booked up literally for the next couple of years.

I guess I'm ZEN  because Chris has sooo many projects  going post Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/7/2014, 3:29 pm

Buenos, I have no issue with Lea being friends with Chord and Darren (I might question her taste, but I'll defend her right to be friends with whoever she wishes to). It's the whole Daleastreet portmanteau that rubs people the wrong way. These nicknames are usually assigned by the fans, not by the producer of the show in order to promote a particular off-screen relationship. The instant that RM called them Daleastreet and it started appearing in their Tweets, it was clear that this was not just three friends enjoying one another's company at and outside of work, but a concerted PR push.

And the question keeps coming up... why these three? Lea, I can get RM wanting to promote. Darren too (since RM's infatuation with him hasn't faded despite how it tanked the show). But Chord? How does he fit in? The guy who literally had to beg for his job back after he quit over not being named a regular is now suddenly the Golden Child? Especially over the one young actor who has won Glee so much of its prestige (at least until RM torpedoed his own show)? It's not even that the three of them are being so obviously favored over the rest of the cast, but at how blatant the PR effort is (and that the actors are all completely on board with it).

It's great that Lea has so much favor with RM. At least for now, because we know how fickle he is. But it's dangerous to be that dependent on a single producer for her future career prospects. He changes his mind frequently and those who are his pets today can easily fall out of favor. There were a lot of accusations in the first few seasons that Chris was being favored unfairly by RM and was getting everything he wanted storyline-wise. I don't mind Lea being on RM's good side, but she can't count on his continued good will for the rest of her career. Not only might she fall out of favor with him, but RM might fall out of favor himself. Right now he's popular because of Glee's past and AHS's current success. But he's got a bunch of pretty spectacular failures under his belt too. If the bad starts outweighing the good, then being at RM's beck and call won't be such a great career prospect.

If Lea is choosing to put her career in RM's hands as a conscious choice, then that is her concern. I don't see her becoming a big recording artist (not if she puts out albums like the last one) or a writer (and we can debate forever how much of that book she actually wrote), but if she wants to have a long and viable career as an actor without having to return to Broadway, then she needs to count on more than just RM's largess.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/7/2014, 3:51 pm

Ranwing: If Lea is choosing to put her career in RM's hands as a conscious choice, then that is her concern. I don't see her becoming a big recording artist (not if she puts out albums like the last one) or a writer (and we can debate forever how much of that book she actually wrote), but if she wants to have a long and viable career as an actor without having to return to Broadway, then she needs to count on more than just RM's largess.

Ranwing, I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said about Lea putting her eggs in one basket ala Ryan Murphy.   Of course it's smart to diversify if you can, but my point still stands.  We don't know yet what acting projects Lea has planned post Glee, that's all.

There seems some assumption because of this silly Daleastreet business that she's only depending on Ryan Murphy for a career post Glee.  Whether that's true or not, we simply don't know.  

I have never predicted/guaranteed  stratospheric celebrity fame/success post Glee for any of them , including Chris Colfer, because  you just don't know the luck of the draw.     For all we know, Chord Overstreet will have the most success.   Shocked

My contention is that some are already writing off her career as having foolishly depended on Ryan Murphy for all future jobs.

We still don't know how any of their careers are going to pan out.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/7/2014, 3:55 pm

@buenos, I have no problem if Lea is friends with Chord and Darren, whether it be just work friends or best buddies who get together outside of work. Who they are friends with and what they do off screen has little interest to me--actually, what these three do off screen has zero interest to me.

And my comments about Daleastreet has absolutely nothing to do with my feelings toward Darren--I can't wait for the day when he is no longer attached to my favorite Christ. I really have no feelings about Chord one way or another--I actually enjoy Chord and think he has done some decent work on the show when he hasn't been attached to Darren--Darren brings his acting level way down. And I actually like Lea.

But Daleastreet is nothing but a huge PR thing that is being pushed out there over and over again. It was created to create buzz when Chord and Darren were going to be part of the NY cast. Two of the more recent pictures (the one from yesterday, and the one when they filmed the dinner) were presumably taken when other actors were onset. These three obviously sought each other to take these pictures (whether it be of their own accord or at the direction of RIB or someone else). Now, I wasn't on set, so I can't say whether or not others were invited to be in the picture and declined, but clearly there were others standing around when the 700th picture was taken yesterday.

And quite honestly, most of the Daleastreet pictures don't look like casual fun pictures posted amongst friends. There is no warmth in the pictures. Many of them just like awkwardly posed forced pictures to me. There isn't a genuine smile in the bunch. That's just my opinion--no one has to agree.

I'll eat my words when Lea starts posting pictures of herself hiking with her besties Chord and Darren, but I won't be holding my breath for that.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/7/2014, 4:09 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
But Daleastreet is nothing but a huge PR thing that is being pushed out there over and over again.  It was created to create buzz when Chord and Darren were going to be part of the NY cast.  Two of the more recent pictures (the one from yesterday, and the one when they filmed the dinner) were presumably taken when other actors were onset.  These three obviously sought each other to take these pictures (whether it be of their own accord or at the direction of RIB or someone else).  Now, I wasn't on set, so I can't say whether or not others were invited to be in the picture and declined, but clearly there were others standing around when the 700th picture was taken yesterday.  

And quite honestly, most of the Daleastreet pictures don't look like casual fun pictures posted amongst friends.  There is no warmth in the pictures.  Many of them just like awkwardly posed forced pictures to me.  There isn't a genuine smile in the bunch.  That's just my opinion--no one has to agree.

I'll eat my words when Lea starts posting pictures of herself hiking with her besties Chord and Darren, but I won't be holding my breath for that.

Like with Ranwing, Jellyrolls, I really can't disagree with you.   It does seem like a PR stunt, but if it is, it just seems too tepid and too little/too late.   If it's to promote them as the leads, it's kind of silly because I suspect they don't have  much of  a storyline just the 3 of them together, and I suspect they won't. 

Glee is done, it's over.  Noting is going to make it appear to be other than a show that is going to limp to the finish line.

To me, it's more that I honestly don't think Chris, Kevin, Amber, etc, really give two shits about that type of PR at this point.  Kevin loves to twitter (as does Amber/Jenna) and  is friends with everyone on set as far as I can tell, but he's far from a cheerleader for Glee all the time because the same as Chris and Amber, he's been sidelined a lot the last couple of years.   

So I think since Lea, Darren and Chord (along with Chris) are going to get the bulk of the screentime this year, they are more than willing to go along with this PR stuff.  But no, I don't disagree that it looks a bit contrived.

However, in all fairness to Lea, she has always been a twitter and Glee cheerleader since DAY ONE, so I don't see how this Daleastreet is any different then the usual bat shit gushing Lea does.  She's always had a million "best friends" , a million "favorite songs", a million "best Glee episoide ever", etc.   That is just Lea and how she rolls.  LOL. In a weird way, she is sincere, but that has more to do with her type of personality.  Of all the young cast, she's the "biggest" name, without touring I'm still impressed she pulled 150-200 K (my estimate) sales for her album, and somehow I don't think that she will get ZERO offers outside of Ryan Murphy once Glee is over.  She's been on dozens of magazine covers and even has been on several national ad campaigns for several products.  What does she get out of Dalestreet, again I agree with you, it doesn't seem to benefit her.  However I thinks she's gungho about it and yes, it pleases Ryan.  LOL.

My hunch is that this type of PR  Chris doesn't give two fucks about it one way or the other.   Chris always seems about the work, and I think he's savvy enough to realize he can't change the scripts nor the direction the show took the last few years, so he's professional and tries his best but he's not going to sweat the small things with Glee anymore.  Though how he pumped up Amber on "Dancing with the Stars" was sheer genius. Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/8/2014, 11:17 am

What I find interesting is that some of the most vocal critics of the whole Daleastreet thing aren't the fans of the actors not included in this little PR stunt. It's the fans of Lea, Chord and Darren. They are the one who recognize that this is all PR and I've seen a lot of Lea fans genuinely upset that she is going along with this (more than a few saying that it's making them think less of Lea as a result). They recognize that there is a big difference between promoting these actors as a group (even if it excludes other important members of the cast) vs trying to play up some kind of personal relationship between the actors that just doesn't exist. That's really where the crux of this lies. That Lea, who along with Chris is the most high profile of the young actors would willingly go along with TPTB to play up a pretend relationship with Darren and Chord (that few of Lea's fans believe actually exists). And use her personal social media to do so.

And it doesn't help that, fairly or unfairly, Lea has a reputation for being too focused on PR. It feeds into the impression that a lot of people have (again, fairly or unfairly) that she's insincere and that everything she does is focused on self-promotion. Daleastreet feeds into that impression. If Lea has one real flaw in how she promotes herself, is that she's obvious about it. When she's out in the public even doing things that have little (if anything) to do with Glee, it still feels like she's acting for the audience. With the contrived poses and the duck lipped selfies, she always looks like she's "on" and not just being herself. Even those who love her would like to see her relax and just be herself more when she's out because it's obvious that she doesn't have the natural ability to promote herself without looking like she's actively doing it. It hurts that "likeability" factor that other actors seems to cultivate a lot more naturally (the idea that this is someone you'd love to hang out with).

It is possible for a show to use a friendship between actors to promote a show. Just look at Supernatural where the friendship between Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki is near legendary. But what makes that work is that these two really are friends. They lived together for a time while they were both single. They stood up for one another in their wedding parties. Their families spend a lot of time socializing together. This year they took their kids trick or treating together (and Jared's oldest son shared a stroller with Jensen's daughter). Supernatural's PR team just took advantage of what was already there because they recognized that the fans loved this real friendship between the actors.

We don't have that with Daleastreet. It is an artificial friendship and trying to constantly play this up all the time, I think, will hurt Lea in the long run. As others have pointed out, she has absolutely nothing to gain by being linked to two weaker actors and it does make her look insincere. I get that she's a professional and will promote Glee as directed, but it does make you wonder if she has any limits to what she'll agree to in the name of promotion. As I said, it's one thing to promote themselves as a trio of actors separate from the rest of the cast. It's another to create an artificial "friendship" and have the actors go along with it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 11/8/2014, 12:32 pm

Regarding Daleastreet all we can do is suppose, as we don't actually know these people.  I know my personal opinions.  It seems to me that other than Glee there are no commonalities in their publicized likes to base an actual friendship on.  I know in the various jobs I've had there are people I get along with well, but after they, or I, move along we don't keep the "friendship" going.  The busyness of life and job, and new people you meet begin to take up your time.  I honestly liked them, but there are few people I keep in my life, those friendships I've maintained for decades.  

Some people are comfortable in a crowd, and spending all their free time maintaining friendships, which Lea and Darren seem to be like.  Some people get along with a lot of people, but prefer to focus their friendships on a few people, which Chris (and me) seem to be like.  Neither is wrong or right, it is just the way we are made. I have a lot of hobbies that are solo type things, like reading, sewing, typing on the internet.  I like it that way.  After dealing with patients and families for 10 hours a day, a lot that are unhappy, and not really kind to their fellow patients, when I get home I prefer solitude and cuddling kitties.  

Lea seems to live on the extreme outside of her skin.  Every song is her favorite song, every person is her favorite person.  It could be exuberance, it could be superficiality.  I know I kind of lean towards the latter, and others might lean towards the former.  I just know, because I am a more introverted person, that her sort of behavior doesn't appeal to me.  To an extrovert, she might seem absolutely right.

Darren is the same way, that is why I think the kids who love him do so.  They just go to school and hang out with friends. Life isn't complicated with jobs, maintaining homes, etc.  Blaine is perceived as popular and perfect, so they can pretend he is their buddy and somehow are more popular because of that.  Older people, who have to put a lot of effort in success, watching someone like Blaine reap rewards he doesn't earn, and Kurt, who tries so hard and isn't acceptable are more likely to lean towards Kurt.  Plus we don't automatically assume that liking the "popular" character changes anything in our real lives.

So from my POV, Daleastreet is totally PR, done by people who are trying to keep emotions up during their last season.  They have to know, if even by the ratings, how unhappy people have been with the show.  But this show is a way these people who might genuinely like each other get to interact.  When it is over, they will move on, some will maintain friendships, but most are likely to get busy with the new aspect of their lives.  So part of it might be them trying to bond before they move on, as well as encourage the small remaining audience to come along for these last episodes.

I do think it is a mistake, because the show continues to focus only on the people who have had the most focus for years.  Surely with bad ratings they would figure out that if ratings are bad, and they mainly focus on Daleastreet that might mean they need to spread the focus around a bit.  Like the saying goes, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I will get to keep following Chris, but, dammit, I am really going to miss Kurt.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/8/2014, 12:54 pm

Divalicious wrote:I will get to keep following Chris, but, dammit, I am really going to miss Kurt.

Agreed!

As far as Daleastreet; It is really that much PR? What , half a dozen photos in 6 months of the 3 of them. Hardly an avalanche.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/8/2014, 5:02 pm

Buenos wrote:
Divalicious wrote:I will get to keep following Chris, but, dammit, I am really going to miss Kurt.

Agreed!

As far as Daleastreet; It is really that much PR?  What , half a dozen photos in 6 months of the 3 of them.  Hardly an avalanche.

Umm good question. When it comes to Daleastreet, sometimes I don't know what's the limit between PR and real friendship, all what I get, and is something people say on twitter, is before they start season 6 didn't tweeted to each other or post pictures and now all of sudden are good friends again. I know someone could argue that isn't the first time the cast take separate ways during Summer, but the thing is this year Daleastreet started, or tried, to be a big thing and RIB tried to push them in our faces.; and well Lea, Darren and Chord go along with it as well.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/10/2014, 9:44 pm

Darren is jealous of Grant. Razz

Some guy tweeted Grant praising him in The Flash, and Grant tweeted back "How kind".

And Darren had to tweet that it was embarassing.

Grant is a hard worker, and earns any praise he gets. Plus, he has a lot of talent and a love for what he does.

Darren expects hand-outs were he does not have to work hard.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next