Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 7 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Buenos 10/6/2014, 3:09 pm

Well it's only about 4 1/2 to 5 months left of Glee filming.   Most of the Glee cast  won't have the advantages anymore  of being in a network TV show once Glee is finished airing for Pr/promo, etc. so I say make hay while the sun shines.

There is nothing wrong with Lea, Chord, Jane, Amber, etc going to the American Horror Story premiere but it's just weird how media buzz for the Glee cast is practically non existant anymore.  For whatever reasons, (probably logistics in arrival) both Amber and Jane were absent from the group pictures.  

Matt and Chris were the two regulars not at the premiere, which is fine too.

On another note, I'm curious because I'm anticipating as the year winds down projects being announced for the Glee cast if they have anything lined up for next year.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 7 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2014, 3:24 pm

I love that Chris doesn't feel that he has to be at every event, and I love even more that he doesn't feel like he has to go to something like this just to please Ryan. I mean, it says a lot that he chose to go on his traditional Halloween adventure with his friends over going to the premiere. Good for him! I love how non-Hollywood he is. It's refreshing, really.

@buenos, considering how far the show has sunk in the ratings, and quite honestly how little interest there seems to be in most of the cast outside of Glee, it doesn't really surprise me how little media buzz there is with the cast. I know they are all tied down to Glee, but most of the cast has done very little outside of the show, and outside of the Glee fandom, people just don't know who Chord, or Kevin, or Darren are. Glee isn't buzz worthy anymore, so the cast isn't. It's great that they are supporting Ryan and Brad's other show, but at the same time, they are also doing it for themselves to be seen.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/6/2014, 3:43 pm

Totally agree, Jelly Rolls.

Personally I can't  get worked up about  whose careers are going to be so much more successful once Glee ends.  I don't give enough of a rat's ass on some of the cast as far as what they will do later, not because  I dislike/hate them , but it's that I'm not that  invested in them outside of Glee.

If Kevin, Dianna  etc do well more power to them.  

Chris has his writing career as well as his acting and Jane is Jane.  Matt and Lea have Broadway to fall back on.  So it's not as if the sky is falling down on them as soon as Glee ends.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/6/2014, 3:48 pm

Admittedly, the only cast member that I'm going to follow (insomuch that I will seek him out in future projects) is Chris. If a film, tv show or stage production looks interesting to me and one of the Glee cast happens to be in it, it's not going to turn me off of seeing it (in the way that I refuse to see anything with Mel Gibson ever again), but if I'm not interested in something, Lea or Matt being in it won't lure me in. Chris is joining one of a small number of actors where I will happily pay to watch him read from a phone book for three hours.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/6/2014, 3:59 pm

Ranwing wrote:Admittedly, the only cast member that I'm going to follow (insomuch that I will seek him out in future projects) is Chris. If a film, tv show or stage production looks interesting to me and one of the Glee cast happens to be in it, it's not going to turn me off of seeing it (in the way that I refuse to see anything with Mel Gibson ever again), but if I'm not interested in something, Lea or Matt being in it won't lure me in. Chris is joining one of a small number of actors where I will happily pay to watch him read from a phone book for three hours.

With Chris I will definitely follow all his future projects.   The thing about him is that he just seems so level headed and career savvy at such a young age, IMO he has such good  instincts about his career.

He realized he needed to rush through "Struck by Lightning" when he had the buzz to make it produced, even while it had to be squeezed in for 16 days between a Glee tour and the start of filming Season 3. 

When offered to make a biography, he pitched a children's story instead that has now become a best selling series. I suspect his writing career gives him enough financial security that now  he's not as tethered to the next acting role that comes along just to have work.

The Noel Coward Movie is a lead role with a prestigious English cast which is going to be from all accounts very different from Glee.

Now all of his future projects may not be through the roof  successful financially or critically, but he just strikes me as someone much more interested in a body of work than the trappings of fame and celebrity.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2014, 4:06 pm

Ranwing wrote:Admittedly, the only cast member that I'm going to follow (insomuch that I will seek him out in future projects) is Chris. If a film, tv show or stage production looks interesting to me and one of the Glee cast happens to be in it, it's not going to turn me off of seeing it (in the way that I refuse to see anything with Mel Gibson ever again), but if I'm not interested in something, Lea or Matt being in it won't lure me in. Chris is joining one of a small number of actors where I will happily pay to watch him read from a phone book for three hours.

I'll be avoiding Darren like the plague after he leaves Glee. I wouldn't go see him on Broadway (which honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they stunt cast him in something next summer), and I wouldn't watch a show or movie he is on unless another favorite actor of mine was starring in it.

I will follow Chris' career, and like you, I probably won't seek the others out, but if they are in it, I'll be glad to watch them.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2014, 4:08 pm

Buenos wrote:
Now all of his future projects may not be through the roof  successful financially or critically, but he just strikes me as someone much more interested in a body of work than the trappings of fame and celebrity.

I have said I can see Chris becoming an Edward Burns type of actor--taking some key roles so that he can earn money to live comfortably while he works on the smaller independent type stuff created by him that he is passionate about.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/6/2014, 5:06 pm

Sooner or later, all the actors of Glee are going to stand or fall with the work they do after Glee.  Give it 5 years and let's see who's still fans of who and who has moved on.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2014, 7:05 pm

Buenos wrote:Sooner or later, all the actors of Glee are going to stand or fall with the work they do after Glee.  Give it 5 years and let's see who's still fans of who and who has moved on.

I'll do my best to keep this board open for the next five years then, but all of you have to stick around to talk with me Wink I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/7/2014, 1:00 pm

The last few years as a fan were a mixed bag for me. I love Chris but I was ambivalent with how he was treated in the show, reduced screentime, crappy SL's , etc.

On the other hand, since I don't know him, it was too much for me personally to project that he wanted off the show. So it was weird and never a fit to deliberately wish the show would tank and end in order to 'free' him when it was never clear that was what he actually wanted. I can't imagine someone else wishing I would lose my paying job!

So with a defined ending date on Glee I can " enjoy" the show fully....LOL

Yes , "enjoy" is a qualifier. coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/7/2014, 1:13 pm

I've never been one to wish for him to be off the show (though I know a lot of people wish he were). Of course, long ago, Glee reached a point where one of the main reasons I still watch the show is because it gives Chris that steady paycheck. While it's pretty clear that he isn't nearly as enthusiastic about Glee as he once was (which I don't blame him for at all), I'm sure he does appreciate the paycheck. Hollywood is weird business--one day you can be on top of the game, and find yourself without work soon after. Chris seems smart enough to realize that.

I'll watch and enjoy Chris as long as he's on my TV (except for the Kledding--I don't know if I can stomach that for Kurt because I want so much more for him).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/7/2014, 2:52 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I've never been one to wish for him to be off the show (though I know a lot of people wish he were). Of course, long ago, Glee reached a point where one of the main reasons I still watch the show is because it gives Chris that steady paycheck.  While it's pretty clear that he isn't nearly as enthusiastic about Glee as he once was (which I don't blame him for at all), I'm sure he does appreciate the paycheck.  Hollywood is weird business--one day you can be on top of the game, and find yourself without work soon after.  Chris seems smart enough to realize that. 

The thing is, I temper everything with the knowledge that I can't automatically assume Chris would never work with Ryan or Brad again.  That is way too sweeping a generalization for this business and if Ryan has a project that Chris is interested in or a good role, I could easily see them working again.  More than possible actually if Chris is going to continue as an actor.

Confession time:  I wouldn't have minded Glee going to a 7th season if it paid Chris some good $$ and he got  to write more episodes, etc.   I could have even stomached an 8the season simply because at that point, Chris  7 year contract with FOX would have lapsed and it would clearly  have been his choice whether he wanted to sign up for any additional seasons.  It would have been interesting how some fans would have reconciled that to their fore gone mantra that Chris can't  wait to get off Glee.  That is a whole lot of assuming in my book.

My own spec is that Chris sort of didn't mind less work on Glee while he pursued his writing but was probably dubious of the quality he got per the characterization and SL's for Kurt the last few seasons.  At the same time Chris strikes me as someone with common sense who thinks "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, you idiot."
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 2:36 am

“Murphy’s other small screen baby, Glee is set to air its sixth and final season next year, and the showrunner promised ETonline that audiences will be extremely satisfied with the last leg of the journey. “We’ve really listened to what the fans want,” he said. “Everything that I’ve been reading from the last four years about what the fans want from Glee is what they’re going to get.””
— Lying ass Ryan Murphy (via roojieq)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/9/2014, 4:36 am

^I wonder where and what he's been reading then. Shocked

Maybe he confuses reading with smoking. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 7 Stoned-smiley
I don't think I ever saw a fan wanting Blainofsky, or Rachel and Kurt returning to Lima to coach ND.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/9/2014, 6:59 am

Glorfindel wrote:^I wonder where and what he's been reading then. Shocked

Maybe he confuses reading with smoking. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 7 Stoned-smiley
I don't think I ever saw a fan wanting Blainofsky, or Rachel and Kurt returning to Lima to coach ND.

Weren't even the hardcore Blainers wanting Blaine to go to NY to join Kurt, Rachel and Santana? Not to mention Klainers. Absolutely no one wanted Lima back if we are only talking about the storylines considering the originals.

I think Ryan just reads his own notes and thinks everyone agrees with him and Brad.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/9/2014, 9:48 am

Ryan Murphy has one of the biggest egos I've ever seen and it's that ego that destroyed this show. Since the end of season three, he has made every wrong choice possible and the show went from a critical and ratings darling to being a total joke and granted only a pity half-season to wrap up.

I don't think that there is anyone left in the Glee fanbase (maybe outside of the Brittana fans who are finally getting some real validation) that is happy with what is being planned. The Rachel stans are furious that she is being tossed back into Lima and that her career has imploded. Kurt fans are beyond fed up with him being sidelined, not given proper storylines that don't circle back to propping Rachel or Blaine and that he'll forever be tied to Klaine. Blaine fans (and I'm lumping the Klaine fans in here) are furious over the breakup, Blaine flunking out of NYADA, him being paired with Dave and now again looking like a fickle asshole.

So the only "fans" that Ryan Murphy seems to be listening to are the voices in his own pin-sized head.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/9/2014, 10:05 am

Ryan is a sadistic egotistical asshole.  Clearly, he knows how to start good shows, but then he gets bored and moves on to something else and lets the original show fall apart, occasionally infusing one of his whims on it.  

Clearly he hasn't listened to what the fans want at all.  Really, he only listened to the K(b)lainers, and giving them what they want and pushing Darren to the forefront is a large part of what has killed the show and had viewers running from the show in droves.

Ryan is an egotistical bastard, and I really think with Glee, one of his main goals was "discovering" kids and making them stars.  He did it with Chris, and when Chris started having success outside without Ryan's help, he lost interest in Chris and Kurt, and moved on to his new shiny toy Darren (who he is still trying to make a big huge star), and then his new shiny toys Melissa, Jacob, Alex, Blake, and Becca.  

I still think that we have not heard anything more about Chris' asylum movie in ages because Ryan squashed the idea of him doing it because of the AHS asylum (I don't know if he took the asylum idea from Chris, or if that had already been in the works for them).  He had the power to tell Chris he couldn't work on that (because the casts side projects have to be approved by the producers according to an interview Matt gave once).  

Ryan Murphy is the worst.

ETA: I also felt that the lines they gave Chris in "We Are the Champions" were chosen deliberately to stroke Ryan's ego:

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune
And everything that goes with it
I thank you all
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/9/2014, 1:37 pm

I think the fact that the Originals (understandably) were exhausted and tired and said "No more fucking touring" , (and the rumors are that Cory was the spokesperson for the cast) more than anything prompted the complete retooling for S4.   Ryan wanted concert touring to stroke his ego of the new stars he was creating.

It speaks volumes that the new cast couldn't warrant as much demand for even "one" live performance.   phr34r
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/9/2014, 2:33 pm

Buenos wrote:It speaks volumes that the new cast couldn't warrant as much demand for even "one" live performance.   phr34r

The fundraiser for Blake's movie that featured Blake, Melissa, and Alex couldn't garner enough interest to sell out a 1250 seat theatre (I don't know how many seats it sold in the end, but when I looked close to the event, less than half the seats were sold.

It probably kills Ryan that his shiny toys didn't become household names.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/9/2014, 3:31 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Buenos wrote:It speaks volumes that the new cast couldn't warrant as much demand for even "one" live performance.   phr34r

The fundraiser for Blake's movie that featured Blake, Melissa, and Alex couldn't garner enough interest to sell out a 1250 seat theatre (I don't know how many seats it sold in the end, but when I looked close to the event, less than half the seats were sold.

It probably kills Ryan that his shiny toys didn't become household names.  

It will kill him even more if they become even more successful in other projects ( such as potentially Blake Jenner and Melissa Benoist) which underscores how badly he presented him.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/9/2014, 8:35 pm

granted, by the time the newbies came to the show glee has less than half of the viewership than it had in its peak period. besides the newbies are all boring and version 2.0 of the originals so they are totally forgetable. no wonder these newbie actors are not getting much buzz.

it's really hard to break into hollywood. it takes talents, persistence, good looks (or weird but unforgetable looks), good social skills and smart decision making plus mostly very good luck to get there.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 8:43 pm

This is the second time Darren has tweeted something about Klaine.

The last time was when a song from Moulin Rouge was supposedly on his radio and he tweeted a pic of Blaine and Kurt doing "Come What May".

If Kurt was at Dalton, Blaine would get more screen time.

Maybe this is Darren's wishful thinking or maybe he is trying to say something else. saispa 

Spoiler:

@DarrenCriss Ah, the good ol’ Dalton Days… @ChrisColfer #tbt? Courtesy of our mastermind Director of Photography @JOAQUINSEDILLO

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 10/9/2014, 9:48 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler tags)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/9/2014, 8:45 pm

Or maybe he is just baiting the K(b)lainers because he knows they're pissed about the spoilers and not talking about him enough.

Or maybe he just realizes that Blaine is nothing without Kurt because Blaine sucks.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 8:52 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Or maybe he is just baiting the K(b)lainers because he knows they're pissed about the spoilers and not talking about him enough.

Or maybe he just realizes that Blaine is nothing without Kurt because Blaine sucks.  

Well, the storylines are mainly McKinley.

Blaine's only storylines are a part of Kurt's storylines.

Blaine does not seem to have a separate storyline of his own or any sort of arc except Klaine.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/9/2014, 9:28 pm

That pic is actually a spoiler, and I am guessing a flashback.

I should have put it behind spoiler tags here and put it in the Spoiler Thread.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next