Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Glorfindel 9/26/2014, 5:15 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:In regards to the tweet exchange, season one Glee was funny because it was offensive and insensitive (I mean, how many laughs did they get when Sue was going on her tirades, pushing people downstairs, etc.).  The problem with a lot of the Klainers who are now tweeting their hate is that they weren't watching the show in season one when it was like that.  
The same can be said for most fans of the noobs of season 4: it's like there's a whole new generation of Glee fans after season 3. When most of the original cast was dismissed a lot of the original fans abandoned the sinking ship too.
The ones replacing them (in the fandom) don't really get the satire and dark comedy of the early seasons (which e.g. was brought back in the 'Previously Unaired Christmas' episode), and neither do the reviewers who replaced the old ones when Glee lost its media momentum.

On the other hand the writers themselves were the first to leave the dark comedy behind when they started bringing in the Very Special Episodes and PSA's.
Glee itself has changed into a straight up teen soap opera most of the time, and therefore the writers don't really deserve the excuse of "Relax, it's just dark comedy!" anymore when they deliberately offend and are indeed insensitive. Not when it's never clear on the show what we're supposed to see as 'funny' and what we're supposed to take seriously, and even the writers mix them up when they refer to them later (like Blaine's cheating was something for Kurt to jest about a few times, or Tina vapo-raping Blaine).

Tbh: I don't give Brad any more the benefit of the doubt than I would give Ryan. I haven't forgiven Brad for Graduationgate either (being the first to throw Chris under the bus t Comic Con) and the mess that was the end of season 3 ("testing Kurt's resilience" my ass).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  ColferInspired 10/3/2014, 11:52 pm

samarakurtofsky:
Blaine has to fuck Eli in order to understand Kurt was his soulmate. He has to be with Dave to see Kurt as his true love.
I wonder why Blaine always needs some other dick to love Kurt.
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_ncwf0ldqU11qiqlvj
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/4/2014, 1:04 am

^ cause blain is a dick.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2014, 6:31 am

ColferInspired wrote:samarakurtofsky:
Blaine has to fuck Eli in order to understand Kurt was his soulmate. He has to be with Dave to see Kurt as his true love.
I wonder why Blaine always needs some other dick to love Kurt.
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_ncwf0ldqU11qiqlvj
True, and not just these 2 instances, but also it was only when Kurt was getting over Blaine in season 2 and called the Warblers 'Blaine and the Pips' when Blaine suddenly wanted to be with Kurt ("Oh, there you are"). Blaine was fine with leading Kurt on and ignoring him as a possible romantic partner, even kissing Kurt's bf, before Kurt was losing interest.

It boils down to Blaine needing the attention and the focus being only on him, and as soon as someone (Kurt) shows signs of giving their attention to someone else Blaine gets interested again and 'regrets' letting them go. As long as Kurt is pining over him Blaine's fine with that, as that still strokes his ego.

Same with Karofsky now:
Spoiler:

It's a combination of jealousy and sefishness, and it's far from being pretty or healthy, let alone romantic (like the Klainers and RIB want us to believe). Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2014, 6:44 am

From the General Discussion Thread:

ColferInspired wrote:I have started to pin point when things started to change, where things started to change for Kurt on the show and compared it to when Chris started working on SBL, and how that might have resulted in Ryan starting to see Chris as a future threat.
Could be, I also always found it fishy at the time that Chris announced his assylum movie which was set in the past, and then a few months after that Ryan had the 2nd AHS season also take place in an assylum in the past. Simply coincidence?

But also don't forget that at the end of season 2 there was the combination of Ryan blaming Chris for Graduationgate and him (Ryan) falling in love with Darren at the same time. Maybe those 2 things even acumilated one another.

Whatever the reason, I really don't think sidelining and punishing Kurt the way RIB did (and not just Ryan, there's Brad too, who threw Chris under the bus first in Graduationgate, and Ian never really liked Kurt imo) in season 3 and onwards was simply them losing interest in the character beyond "testing his resilience" and getting off on seeing him cry so pretty. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 10/4/2014, 9:17 am

It must gall Ryan and Brad that Chris is still the reigning PCA champ, two years running. It's not that prestigious of an award, but it does measure popularity and how devoted fans are to their favorites. I have to believe they were somewhat dismayed that Darren, the person they pushed front-and-center the previous season and handed just about every good thing to on Glee, didn't win in any category he was nominated in at the last awards. It will be interesting to see how much focus Blaine gets in these last 13 episodes.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/4/2014, 8:58 pm

angelnessa wrote:It must gall Ryan and Brad that Chris is still the reigning PCA champ, two years running. It's not that prestigious of an award, but it does measure popularity and how devoted fans are to their favorites. I have to believe they were somewhat dismayed that Darren, the person they pushed front-and-center the previous season and handed just about every good thing to on Glee, didn't win in any category he was nominated in at the last awards. It will be interesting to see how much focus Blaine gets in these last 13 episodes.

Darren is no future threat to Ryan or Brad and never has been.

Chris could go on to creating an award winning show.

Darren bows and scrapes and sucks up to anyone and everyone.

Chris obviously doesn't and has always been ambitious and has big plans for the next five years.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/6/2014, 6:36 am

"At the end of the day, I want the fans to be happy, of course, but I think my experience on Glee was crucial. Not knowing what to expect there, and how I came into that show, where I was trying to split up one of the favourite couples (Kurt, played by Chris Colfer, and Blaine, played by Darren Criss). It was my first experience with social media and kind of reaching out with fans back and forth like that. And they hated me. Hated me. Because they hated the character, and they hated what the character was doing. So I had to deal with that. I tried to get them past the character - it’s not me! - but they were not listening to me at all. It was so difficult, the fans were insane, and it was a real shock for me. But looking back on it now, I think it was the best first job I could have had, for so many reasons. I’m actually really glad I had that experience before The Flash. I definitely appreciate it when people enjoy my work and say nice things, but I also can read negative things now and not be bothered. Because I love what I’m doing, and I focus on that. And you know, in another way, I think Glee also helped to humble me a little bit. It was just such a grand-scale thing, and there were these actors my age who had become big stars on that show, and suddenly I was working with them. So to be such a small part of something that was such a grand-scale show, it kind of humbled me going forward with everything, I think."

Grant Gustin
x

More proof that those rabid Klainers are vile.
I really don't understand why RIB/Fox pandered to them for so long. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/6/2014, 7:07 am

I present you attentionwhore Darren Criss:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_nd0o9rJosz1rorrtw

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_nd0oa2Lk2g1rorrtw

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_nd0oagFaNd1rorrtw

Jeez, he's so embarrassing. antifana

Ah well, soon this will probably be the only way Darren still gets any media pictures taken. whis

Last edited by Glorfindel on 10/6/2014, 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2014, 7:09 am

It is awful that RIB has reported these people repeatedly when they have been so nasty about anything that is a threat to their precious ship.  It's one thing to bitch and complain on tumblr or message boards, but to attack and threaten the actors and showrunners is just pathetic.

ETA:  Regarding the gifs: Typical Darren.  Gotta make sure he is seen.  Of course, he is playing it as a joke, but it is just rude and disrespectful.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/6/2014, 7:50 am

uhhh, shoes without socks. dryy just because blaine wears them doesn't mean you have to as well darren.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/6/2014, 8:38 am

I think it was rude for him to do that. :angry:

They wanted to photograph Lea.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/6/2014, 9:01 am

There were a lot of Glee alumni at the AHS "Freakshow" premiere.

Chris used to go to these as he is good friends with Sarah Paulson. neutre

I would have loved to see some new red carpet pics of him.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2014, 9:40 am

tanita_mors wrote:uhhh, shoes without socks. dryy just because blaine wears them doesn't mean you have to as well darren.

He knew Ryan was there, and I swear that Ryan has an ankle fetish, so he wanted to make his glee sugar daddy happy. Kurt didn't wear socks in season one, and Blaine hasn't since, so I am convinced that Ryan loves ankles.

And the clothes look so tight it's a wonder that they didn't split. Honestly, I kind of wish his pants did split as a way of showing what an embarrassment he is.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/6/2014, 9:41 am

Jellyrolls wrote:ETA:  Regarding the gifs:  Typical Darren.  Gotta make sure he is seen.  Of course, he is playing it as a joke, but it is just rude and disrespectful.

Considering that he is right now dependent on Lea (with this while Daleastreet bullshit that the PR team thinks is going to work), you'd think he'd want to keep on her good side. It's not cute and it's not funny and it's so disrespectful to Lea that I wouldn't be shocked if she kneecapped him on stage. There is no justification for this kind of unprofessional behavior. And the problem with Darren is that he's done this before at other events, but to do it to one of his cast mates? Inexcusable.

Yes, I'm sure all of his drooling stans will try to make light of it that he was just joking around and that Lea smiled, so she wasn't really upset (though seriously... she's enough of a pro not to make a stink while cameras were on her). But they really need to ask themselves what their reactions would be of anyone else in the cast pulled the same stunt on Darren. Would they find it nearly so harmless then?

I'm just glad that Chris has cut back on his off-camera contact with Darren to avoid these situations. After what Darren pulled at Chris's film premiere, I would have Darren permanently on the "Do Not Invite" list.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/6/2014, 10:11 am

Ranwing wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:ETA:  Regarding the gifs:  Typical Darren.  Gotta make sure he is seen.  Of course, he is playing it as a joke, but it is just rude and disrespectful.

Considering that he is right now dependent on Lea (with this while Daleastreet bullshit that the PR team thinks is going to work), you'd think he'd want to keep on her good side. It's not cute and it's not funny and it's so disrespectful to Lea that I wouldn't be shocked if she kneecapped him on stage. There is no justification for this kind of unprofessional behavior. And the problem with Darren is that he's done this before at other events, but to do it to one of his cast mates? Inexcusable.

Yes, I'm sure all of his drooling stans will try to make light of it that he was just joking around and that Lea smiled, so she wasn't really upset (though seriously... she's enough of a pro not to make a stink while cameras were on her). But they really need to ask themselves what their reactions would be of anyone else in the cast pulled the same stunt on Darren. Would they find it nearly so harmless then?

I'm just glad that Chris has cut back on his off-camera contact with Darren to avoid these situations. After what Darren pulled at Chris's film premiere, I would have Darren permanently on the "Do Not Invite" list.

Well, it was not long before we found out what Chris was doing.  neutre

He was at the Haunted Hayride with Will, Ashley and Melissa.  wub

Melissa tweeted about, but I put it in the Appreciation Thread.

A whole lot funnier than attention seeking whore Darren.  dryy
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/6/2014, 11:20 am

In all fairness, a bunch of the guys were darting past Lea in order to join the main Glee group (Kevin and Chord but rushed past her). But they were trying (if unsuccessfully) to be unobtrusive and not take the photographers attention off of Lea. It was only Darren who deliberately tried to draw attention to himself.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_nd0le5QB7c1t5btl3o1_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_nd0le5QB7c1t5btl3o2_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_nd0le5QB7c1t5btl3o3_250Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 6 Tumblr_nd0le5QB7c1t5btl3o4_250

Darren is still an attention whore who can't do anything without trying to draw focus to himself. It was highly disrespectful to Lea and even if she isn't upset by it, it doesn't paint Darren in a good light. There is no one that he won't try to trample over for his own benefit.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2014, 11:41 am

I would love to see the video as a whole as opposed to the gifs. Chord definitely seems to duck, and Kevin almost looks like he's saying something to Lea (maybe sorry?), but Darren definitely is trying to get people to notice himself.

I checked photos for the event on wireimage, and one photographer had 98 photos with Lea in it, and two with Darren.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/6/2014, 11:45 am

eeewww! disgusting! DC grew up w/ a silver spoon and feeds on attentions like all those rich brats. there's only ME in his world. i bet Lea hates it but what could she do?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2014, 11:47 am

Here is the video (start watching around 1:40):

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/6/2014, 12:12 pm

Well, Lea was certainly taking her sweet time with the photographers and if the guys had to get past here, there was no way to do so except to cut in front of her. Chord and Kevin both did so quickly without trying to draw attention away from her (so props to them for being professionals).

But Darren was doing is usual showboating to draw attention to himself and looked like a total tool.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2014, 12:56 pm

In Lea's defense to a certain extent, the photographers were probably a hell of a lot more interesting in getting good quality pictures of Lea because they can probably get a decent payday on them, but they others just don't sell to magazines, websites, etc.

And yes, Chord and Kevin were quick going past her, and looking away from the cameras. Darren was being an attention seeking asshole like he so often is. He is hoping for a photo op that will wind up in people or something
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/6/2014, 1:34 pm

Of the cast that was there, Lea was the only one that the photographers seemed to have an interest in getting so I'm not at all surprised that she took as much time as she does. It's all part of the job for Lea (though I do think that she does enjoy this a bit more than is probably healthy, but that's just my opinion). And when you've got one person who's kind of holding up the line (even at the media's behest), there's no graceful way for those behind her to get past her without it looking awkward.

Chord and Kevin did it the right way and Darren, in his desperation to have someone... anyone!... pay attention to him and we get a stupid stunt like this that just makes him look pathetic. It's not as if the photographers actually want to get shots of Darren (beyond the one of two posed individuals and then with the rest of the cast), but dammit! He's going to get into more pictures!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/6/2014, 2:19 pm

Becca posted a picture of herself with a bunch of Glee people on instagram, including Darren and Mia. The comments on it are almost all people complaining about Mia, and then people telling those people to shut up. Of course, people were also pulling crap on Ashley's picture (followed by people telling them to knock it off).

Darren stans are the worse. Bitch about it all you want on your personal tumblrs or whatever, but they need to stop with posting this crap on the comments on instagram. It's really getting beyond ridiculous with this fandom (and I'd say most of them are Darren stans who start the crap).

Of course people should also stop calling these people out, and just ignore and report them. Fighting with them on the comments doesn't help anything. Most of the time it makes it worse.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/6/2014, 2:51 pm

It just makes me even more happy that Chris is stepping away from the Glee PR machine and seems to be biding his time until this wreak of a show finally stumbles into its overdue grave. The instant that Glee fades to black once and for all, Chris can walk away from this mess and the toxic "fans" who have gone so far out of their way to make everyones lives miserable if they aren't indulged every waking moment.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next