Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

+26
Vir Cotto
kac
TimF
mindschemez
Delight
angelnessa
M&M
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
bayth
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Jellyrolls
sjonnepon
sheny
Glorfindel
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Ranwing
coxfire
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
30 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/12/2014, 11:03 pm

If I were Chris I would not be even a tiny bit happy about Kurt's storyline at least so far for season six. I am not trying to say how Chris's feels about it but doubt he is happy about it,even a tiny bit.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Ranwing 9/12/2014, 11:08 pm

I'll be blunt here... except for Darren (because I don't think he's got the brains to know better) I don't think that anyone in the cast is really happy with how this season is going to progress. Lea might be cheerleading things all over twitter, but I can't imagine that she's happy that Rachel basically threw everything she'd worked her whole life for in the garbage and is now stuck in Lima reliving her glory days in her old high school. Talk about character assassination.

Right now, this is just a job to get through. All actors have work in their pasts that they don't look upon fondly and Glee season 666 has become that for the cast. Rather than ending the show on a reasonably good note at the end of season five (which still totally sucked, but at least didn't totally destroy most of the characters in the aftermath), we've got this dragged out pathetic mess.

I know that our first concern is Chris and Kurt because he's nearest and dearest to our hearts, but no one in the show is being treated kindly here. Lea and Darren may get all the focus and the songs, but their characters have been dragged through a shredder. Kurt pining for his Grease Stain ex-fiancé when he's got much better prospects is really the least of the offensive things that RIB is going to shove down our collective throats.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/13/2014, 1:03 am

Glorfindel wrote:Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 30 Tumblr_nbt8kekCF91qc4ojbo1_500

Oh wow, this will surely bring back viewers in droves. Can't wait! panik 

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 30 Sarkazm-gifki-dlya-kommentariev-pesochnitsa-493046

Just as I suspected.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/13/2014, 1:38 am

I was thinking the same Ranwing.   In some ways, by their actually ignoring Kurt's character, he's managed to survive better than  most.  The more they show of Rachel and Blaine, since they have no apparent interest in developing their characters beyond the caricature, they just grind around in the same crap.  Rachel needs to learn her lesson, again. Blaine needs to be needy, again.  Santana needs to be bitchy because she is unhappy, again.  Etc, etc, etc.

Kurt, however, has shown, in his brief time out of Blaine and Rachel's shadow, that he has perseverence that no one else on the show has, because they don't need it, stuff is handed to them.  Despite his horrible destiny as Blaine's lesser half, he is the one character they've left to root for.

I am not a fan of Britney, but I can't say any fan of hers can be pleased that her years of idiocy and promiscuity changed her to a person so brilliant no one can understand her, and also a person eternally manipulated in an unequal relationship with Santana. I still can't get by why people like this relationship, other than them being bi/lesbian.  Santana manipulated the girl she supposedly loved into sex when she was seeing Artie, because their plumbing was different?  She doesn't seem to really respect her as an equal, but I really get the feel she is secure in a relationship she dictates.  Brittney, I have never got you are my true love vibes, more like love the one you are with, there is no substance to her.  

Sue, became a joke in many ways years ago.  She briefly regained her humanity when she was principal, and was dealing with Kurt's bullying, but then they toss it away for the joke.  It is only Jane's great acting and presence that makes her bearable at all.

Tina, oh my god, Tina, what they did to her.  Sweet new relationship with Artie, changed to a slightly more adult relationship with Mike, until there seemed to be problems with her not wanting to be too Asian, and then that was done, to drop her in the pit of Blaine adulation.  Then the show pretty much dumps her.

I miss Mike, but I am kind of glad he didn't stay, we still get to remember him as a great dancer, who expressed joy in every movement.  He was the most truly wasted character on this show, outside of Adam, who has more chemistry with Kurt in that gif I see on this board, than Kurt ever had with Blaine.

Puck actually did much better once he left the show, got a career, and grew up.  Unfortunately, in the need to have everyone end up with their first love (outside of Tina) they put him with Quinn, as if they actually have anything in common to sustain a relationship.  Instead of having Rachel take Finn's place, it would be better to have Puck do so, because that would be an actual moment for him.  To go from punk who hid behind toughness, to lost young adult, to a protector, to a teacher.  That would be a great arc to end his character.  Quinn, other than to be on to live in the past, it serves her character in no way to return to Lima, she was pretty and smart, and so not a Lima loser.

When I look back on what I've typed, as disappointed as I am with how Glee derailed on the wonderful story Kurt could have told, in order to give most of the glory to the acceptable gay of Blaine, he has faired  so much better than anyone else on this show.  It helps that Kurt is portrayed by Chris, who is one of the best actors on the show. He infused realness and wonderfulness into Kurt's teeny, tiny bit of time.  

We know the end is near for Glee, as much as we've bitched and moaned about all the crap we've seen.  And I can't say once I start to see the dreck (especially with the spoilers we've been reading, utter, and complete, crap)that I won't continue to bitch.  I am also hoping I go into this season with the eye on the only important thing Glee has left to show.  A maligned, effeminate boy who has turned into a strong, gorgeous, and capable man.  No matter how much they try to tell us how Blaine is the guy that gay guys aspire to have, they can't lie to our eyes.  Not even Glee managed to destroy Kurt Hummel, they just refused to use him.  And he will STILL be the one people talk about when they do talk about this show, he is the only one to have the substance enough to matter.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/13/2014, 2:02 am

Chris is going to survive this just fine, Kurt will be the one iconic and memorable character to come out of Glee.

Last edited by Buenos on 9/13/2014, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/13/2014, 2:10 am

Lea tweeted this

Lea Michele ‏@msleamichele  2 h
"I don't care.. What they're going to say.. Let the storm rage on.. The cold never bothered me anyway..."
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 30 BxYW3N_CAAALBKY

Seems she was intentionally dressed up as Idina at the Oscars, well similar.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/13/2014, 7:23 am

I can't express how much that picture irritates me. I am sick of the show constantly trying to link Lea to Idina. It was cute when they brought Idina in to play Rachel's birth mother, but it's bad enough having Lea sing Idina's Oscar winning song. Trying to have "Rachel" dress like Idina from her Academy awards performance is as irritating as when they dressed Lea in Barbra's Oscars outfit and just makes her look like a cheap imitator.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/13/2014, 7:47 am

brisallie wrote:Seems she was intentionally dressed up as Idina at the Oscars, well similar.
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 30 Tumblr_nbtjt2wVuq1ql1znmo1_500 Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 30 Rs_634x1024-140302203519-634.idina-mendzel-oscars-030214
Between the Barbra imiation (when Rachel was supposed to be Fanny Brice! Rolling Eyes ) and this it's practically incestuous, and downright ridiculous plagiarism.

Don't they understand that this isn't doing Rachel nor Lea any favours at all? She will always come up as lacking, fake and a wannabe coattail-rider in comparison to these 2 performers.

And it makes Ryan look even more of a copycat writer with no original creative fiber in his bones. (no surprise here, really)
It seems to me that Ryan sees Rachel/Lea as his personal barbie doll he can dress up and move around as the female celebrities he admires, which is, to say the least, creepy. Mad

Ranwing wrote:I can't express how much that picture irritates me. I am sick of the show constantly trying to link Lea to Idina. It was cute when they brought Idina in to play Rachel's birth mother, but it's bad enough having Lea sing Idina's Oscar winning song. Trying to have "Rachel" dress like Idina from her Academy awards performance is as irritating as when they dressed Lea in Barbra's Oscars outfit and just makes her look like a cheap imitator.
Agreed with your entire post. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/13/2014, 8:29 am

I've said before that Let It Go is about as inappropriate a song for Rachel as they could possibly find and this just keeps proving that the show runners aren't considering Rachel's story and are just trying to grab onto a popular song for her to sing.

In Frozen, Elsa has lived all her life with the burden of her "gift" and the deadly consequences of what would happen if she lost control. She had already accidently injured her sister so she responded by closing herself off from the world so that she couldn't lost control. She followed the most ridged of disciplines and rules in order to make sure that her gift stayed safely under wraps. And when that control was lost, she was forced to flee her home and find refuge in the mountains where she could be entirely along and not risk harming those she loves. Let It Go was a cry of relief and defiance, that she would finally embrace what she allowed to set her apart from others.

In Glee, Rachel is the girl who was always shielded from consequences and never had to suffer any lasting punishment for her behavior (the one time being when she was suspended over stuffing the ballot boxes in season three). She could quit ND when peeved and return to retake the position of lead and acted as if it was hers by right and not something that she actually earned. Rules and consequences were for others, but never for her. Until now. She's finally suffering the results of her hubris so singing about throwing away rules and restraints (that she never allowed to stop her from doing what she wanted) is boneheaded to say the very least. It's showing that she hasn't learned from her mistakes and she's going back to her old ways - ignoring all those inconvenient rules that just get in the way.

Last edited by Ranwing on 9/13/2014, 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 9/13/2014, 8:42 am

Glorfindel wrote:
It seems to me that Ryan sees Rachel/Lea as his personal barbie doll he can dress up and move around as the female celebrities he admires, which is, to say the least, creepy. Mad

Totally agree. Tbh, Glee has become nothing more than a horror show of Ryan's psychology and issues.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/13/2014, 8:56 am

I am most infuriated that Rachel will have this major number, basically singing off overcoming all struggles. Struggles she purposely and by her own fault created, after she blew the chance of a lifetime away. How can anyone sincerely still identify with Rachel? And obviously it is a major deal which leads to Kurt coming back to Lima fucking Ohio. Because Rachel's story needs to be Kurt's story.

Really, Glee is a trainwreck. But I just mourn Kurt so much, because I still love him so much as character, and all I can do is stop watching and accepting they purposely killed him off personality wise because even Chris can only save so much. And everything only in order to elevate Darren/Blaine. I will forever be a bitter Kurt stan.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/13/2014, 1:44 pm

With Glee I keep reminding myself only 13 more episodes. coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/13/2014, 1:52 pm

So long as Kurt doesn't quit NYADA, I'm good. I'll live with him reuniting with the Grease Stain (since they'll be divorced inside of six months) but I need Kurt to stay in school and build his Broadway career.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/13/2014, 3:35 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Totally agree. Tbh, Glee has become nothing more than a horror show of Ryan's psychology and issues.
When you think of it like this it's really disturbing. Eww, eww, eww. Mad

Lottie2303 wrote:I am most infuriated that Rachel will have this major number, basically singing off overcoming all struggles. Struggles she purposely and by her own fault created, after she blew the chance of a lifetime away. How can anyone sincerely still identify with Rachel? And obviously it is a major deal which leads to Kurt coming back to Lima fucking Ohio. Because Rachel's story needs to be Kurt's story.
Totally agree (also with @Ranwing's post about 'Let It Go').

I felt the same way when Rachel sang 'What I Did for Love' after she sent Sunshine Corazon to a crackhouse and got caught. That song is about sacrificing things for love and not regretting that.
The way it was used on Glee however the song suggested that Rachel made a personal sacrifice out of love for the Glee club, when instead she basically sacrificed someone else (she bullied another girl out of the choir and even the school!). And Rachel didn't do it for love for the Glee club, but purely for love of herself, because she was jealous. 
And to add insult to injury: by singing she "won't regret what I did for love" Rachel clearly didn't even feel any remorse for what she did (although the scene showed her upset: but considering the lyrics of the song you can conclude that she only felt sorry for herself, not for what she did).
SMH.  Evil or Very Mad

Ranwing wrote:So long as Kurt doesn't quit NYADA, I'm good. I'll live with him reuniting with the Grease Stain (since they'll be divorced inside of six months) but I need Kurt to stay in school and build his Broadway career.
Basically.
And as others have said: most characters on Glee have been destroyed beyond recognition.

I'd rather have a temporarily still mislead/confused Kurt who can't let go of the guy he fell in love with when he was at one of his lowest points ever, knowing (head canon) that after not being able to live with that person 2 times within a year already the inevitable wedding will start showing cracks before the reception is even over, than him being a character who gets everything handed to him *cough*Rachel and Blaine*cough* and then throws all those opportunities away because of having a terrible and weak personality.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/13/2014, 4:03 pm

i have no problem w/ rachel wearing Idina gown. to me it's satire. it's what glee always has done.

for me glee's problem isn't so much that infuriates me, but what it can no longer excites me or makes me care. It just seen all "been there done that oh no not again". when someone shouts at you all day all night it all becomes background noises. same thing w/ glee - it's just background noises that i can easily ignore and space out from. nothing new and exciting. they've jumped the shark and whale. there's nothing bigger they can jump.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/13/2014, 4:06 pm

i admire those who still have enough hatred left for this show. i can't imagine anybody can still watch this show if not to hate-watch it. i mean, once the negative feelings left, there's no feeling there at all. like me. i feel like a zombie.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/13/2014, 4:34 pm

Here's the thing...

I could live with Kurt having broken up with Blaine and then changing his mind...

And don't shoot me, I could live with Kurt being proactive in wanting to win Blaine back, after all it is a SL even if I think it's sort of out of character...

I could even live with a sad Kurt and heartbroken Kurt because we all know Chris brings on the acting big time..

What I have a harder time stomaching that SO FAR all spoilers and that this storyline seems to confirm that he's been reduced to a supporting character for this last season; already you can see the individual story lines forming for both Rachel and Blaine, attempting to lead their choirs to competitive glory, coming back from loss, they even have a common link (Jane) the Warbler turned New Direction choir member, as well as an inter choir rivalry. It seems both Rachel and Blaine might get LI's also. The choirs and both Rachel and Blaine attempting "comebacks", getting their grooveback, etc seems set for season long arc. I'm sure the show will show those journeys with screentime and plenty of songs. Which I would be good with if Kurt also got something comparable, but I suspect that his arc is going to be to the loyal lieutenant to Rachel's endeavors and to be reunited with Blaine. SO FAR from spoilers that seems to be his journey for the year, even when there is no more excuse that there are so many characters to service and he is stuck in the minor narrative.

Is it a coincidence that the one season that Rachel and Blaine are initially floundering is going to used as a reason to focus on their redemption and comebacks, so the irony that for once Kurt is not going to be the least successful character will probably be used to not give him individual S/L focus.

I hope I'm proven wrong as this is all preliminary but the last couple of seasons haven't been encouraging.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/14/2014, 7:23 am

Song list for episode 6x02 (Homecoming), from MJ's blog:

- “Take on Me” by Aha – Sung by Rachel, Kurt, Sam, Brittany, Santana, Artie, Tina, Mercedes, Puck, Quinn
- “Tightrope” by Janelle Monae – Sung by Jane and the Dalton Warblers
- “Problem” by Ariana Grande feat Iggy Azalea – Sung by Quinn, Santana, Brittany and Artie
- “Mustang Sally” by Wilson Pickett – Sung by Roderick backed by Quinn, Santana and Brittany
- “Home” by Edward Sharpe – Sung by Rachel, Kurt, Brittany, Santana, Artie, Tina, Mercedes, Puck, Quinn, Mason, Madison, Spencer, Jane, Roderick.
mjsbigblog
- Yay, there's a legit originals group number! bananaz
(+Sam, but that's fine by me: he joined ND when Matt Rutherford left, at the beginning of season 2.)

- Too many noobs for my liking.
(Though I guess since they are here anyway they must be introduced properly, even when the RIB idea of having new noobs in the last 13-episodes season is ridiculous.)

- Very little Kurt, but with some of the others being back only for 1-2 episodes I don't mind this time him taking a back seat to singers we very rarely hear anyway, like Dianna and Mark. And he gets to sing with someone else than the grease stain, yay!
(Hopefully he'll sing some harmonies with singers he hardly ever sang with before.)

- Al lot of Unholy Trinity attention.
(If this means Brittana will be gone again after this episode I'm fine with that. I like Santana, but not Brittany, and imo Brittana is not a healthy pairing at all.)

- And the best news of all: no Blaine! danse3
(I can hear the Blarrenstans bitching on tumblr and twitter about this "unfair treatment'" and Darren "being ostracized" from over here, hehe.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/14/2014, 7:39 am

man, i'm so out of the loop. besides "Take on Me by Aha" i don't know a single song.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/14/2014, 7:42 am

^Haha, didn't dare to admit it, but me too. blushh fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/14/2014, 7:42 am

On a irrelevant note: I dig all the names from the Newbies. Razz

Especially Spencer My imaginary son from Stiles and Derek (Teen Wolf) is called Spencer.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/14/2014, 8:43 am

Considering that we usually don't get a Kurt solo until halfway through the season (at best - still pissed about season five), I'm not surprised or disappointed. Hopefully he'll get some solo lines in Take On Me because he can certainly hit the falsetto notes in his sleep.

And I'm okay with having the characters that will only be there for an episode or two this season getting some focus. The lack of actual solos is pretty refreshing since it will bring back a lot of good memories of old New Directions performances when everyone jammed together and not merely providing backing vocals for Rachel.

And yay! for no Blaine. At all. And yes, his fans are bitching up a storm. It's not like he didn't get any feature in the first episode and they are afraid that he'll be silenced for the rest of the season. Man, what a bunch of self-entitled idiots they are.

It's amazing what you can find satisfactory when your expectations are non-existent.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 9/14/2014, 10:39 am

Glorfindel wrote:Song list for episode 6x02 (Homecoming), from MJ's blog:

- And the best news of all: no Blaine! danse3
(I can hear the Blarrenstans bitching on tumblr and twitter about this "unfair treatment'" and Darren "being ostracized" from over here, hehe.)

I don't know what they are worried about. You know Bland will get his share. Furthermore, Kurt was sidelined (literally) at Dalton for 10 episodes. They can deal.

I see the writers have conveniently forgotten that Dalton is and all boys school so they can make drama.

So episode 1 is about getting back Rachel's (and Blaine's to an extent) mojo. Episode 2 is about rebuilding ND. I was really hoping the originals would have to do a sexified number like Push It or Toxic because I think it would have been be funny.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/14/2014, 11:19 am

I actually am sort of looking forward to some of these songs. Yes, Glee clubs are about groups of singers, not lead with back up, which I am so bleeping tired of hearing.

I recognized two titles, Mustang Sally being the second. I guess we all know AHA.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/14/2014, 12:39 pm

M&M wrote:I don't know what they are worried about. You know Bland will get his share. Furthermore, Kurt was sidelined (literally) at Dalton for 10 episodes. They can deal.
Never forget!
And also never forget Kurt was at Dalton much longer than planned because of Blaine Warbler and his Pips needing to sing another song every other episode so they could sell the Warblers' album.

If I wasn't fully convinced that poor Blainey will get plenty of songs and screentime while being "ostracized" Rolling Eyes at Dalton anyway, I'd say karma is a bitch.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next