Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

+26
Vir Cotto
kac
TimF
mindschemez
Delight
angelnessa
M&M
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
bayth
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Jellyrolls
sjonnepon
sheny
Glorfindel
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Ranwing
coxfire
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
30 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/6/2014, 10:25 am

Jellyrolls wrote:God, season six is going to be completely pointless.

Agree, it is.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  coxfire 8/6/2014, 10:46 am

The repopulation of McKinley High has begun!

Glee is set to introduce at least five new characters — all of them McKinley sophomores — in its sixth and final season, TVLine has learned exclusively. The recurring newbies include:

RODERICK | Chubby and shy with a voice like Otis Redding, his looks don’t match with his talent. Described as, “a true goober.” He’s the show’s new underdog.

SPENCER | He’s the new resident “football stud” who just so happens to possess an incredible voice. He’s also gay. But, per the casting notice, “he’s post-Glee gay — no one messes with him about his sexuality because he will kick their asses if they do.”

JANE | Righteous, ambitious and unconventionally pretty, she’s funny because she doesn’t have much of a sense of humor. She wanted to be a Warbler but tradition kept her from joining so she jumps ship to the New Directions.

MASON AND MADISON |  Male and female twin Cheerios. They’re super-positive and extremely weird. Mason gives off a gay vibe (spoiler alert: he’s not).

Back in June,  series co-creator Ryan Murphy told TVLine that the show will shift back to its original conceit in Season 6 — and these five roles appear to back that up.

“We’re working on the last season now, and it really feels like it’s getting back to its roots, which I love,” he shared. “I’m sort of reinvigorated about it. It’s getting back to what I was initially interested in with the show, which was arts in school. The last season is really about the importance of arts education in our high schools… I think people will like it.”

Murphy’s quotes — as well as fellow EP Brad Falchuk’s assertion to TVLine that “there will be a lot going on in Lima” in Season 6 — all but confirmed speculation that much of the action will once again take place at McKinley.

Glee is set to return to Fox’s schedule at midseason.

source

Is that for real or just a very, very late April's fool joke? That or the writers sniffed a coke line longer than Road 66. Sorry Chris, but I won't watch this crap.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/6/2014, 11:19 am

sheny wrote:
The repopulation of McKinley High has begun!

Glee is set to introduce at least five new characters — all of them McKinley sophomores — in its sixth and final season, TVLine has learned exclusively. The recurring newbies include:

RODERICK | Chubby and shy with a voice like Otis Redding, his looks don’t match with his talent. Described as, “a true goober.” He’s the show’s new underdog.

SPENCER | He’s the new resident “football stud” who just so happens to possess an incredible voice. He’s also gay. But, per the casting notice, “he’s post-Glee gay — no one messes with him about his sexuality because he will kick their asses if they do.”

JANE | Righteous, ambitious and unconventionally pretty, she’s funny because she doesn’t have much of a sense of humor. She wanted to be a Warbler but tradition kept her from joining so she jumps ship to the New Directions.

MASON AND MADISON |  Male and female twin Cheerios. They’re super-positive and extremely weird. Mason gives off a gay vibe (spoiler alert: he’s not).

Back in June,  series co-creator Ryan Murphy told TVLine that the show will shift back to its original conceit in Season 6 — and these five roles appear to back that up.

“We’re working on the last season now, and it really feels like it’s getting back to its roots, which I love,” he shared. “I’m sort of reinvigorated about it. It’s getting back to what I was initially interested in with the show, which was arts in school. The last season is really about the importance of arts education in our high schools… I think people will like it.”

Murphy’s quotes — as well as fellow EP Brad Falchuk’s assertion to TVLine that “there will be a lot going on in Lima” in Season 6 — all but confirmed speculation that much of the action will once again take place at McKinley.

Glee is set to return to Fox’s schedule at midseason.

source

you gotta be kidding me! Why is the point to bring more characters in the last season? Will they develope their stories in 13 episodes? Instead of this, why don't try to give their old characters a proper clousure...oh glee you do everything wrong  dryy 
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/6/2014, 11:32 am

I wonder if trollphy is hoping that people warm up to the new characters, and they can do Glee the next generation (maybe not primetime on Fox, but perhaps on a cable network like Oxygen or something). I mean, why else make them so young unless he is hoping they find another audience? It could also keep Blam employed if they become the teachers.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/6/2014, 11:46 am

Wow, this show just keeps on giving and giving and giving... Shocked 

The gay football jock just kills me, it's every fantasy that Ryan Murphy believes when he claims he "dated" football players back in 70's Indiana high school...

"Post Glee Gay"... My ass.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/6/2014, 12:01 pm

Buenos wrote:"Post Glee Gay"... My ass.

Yes, as if kids being bullied because they're gay is a thing of the past. I guess the Trevor Foundation can shut its doors since it's not needed any more.  dryy 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/6/2014, 12:09 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I wonder if trollphy is hoping that people warm up to the new characters, and they can do Glee the next generation (maybe not primetime on Fox, but perhaps on a cable network like Oxygen or something).  I mean, why else make them so young unless he is hoping they find another audience?  It could also keep Blam employed if they become the teachers.  

That's what I'm thinking also...RM delusionally thinks he can keep this mess afloat somehow.

To me it's clear that even if they claim all these students are going to be "marginal" , RM won't resist the temptation to give them some songs and focus; and we all know that when push comes to shove which actors/ characters will lose out due to that.

Lea, Darren and now probably Chord will get their share, whereas as usual Chris, Kevin, Naya and the rest will get the shaft.

Oh well, it's only 13 episodes I need to tell myself.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/6/2014, 12:14 pm

Wait, so gay kids are not bullied on Glee anymore?..umm nice, but what about Unique/Alex, or that scene in the bathroom I made it in my mind? Or depends on what category they are? For instance, this new gay kid is a 'football stud'.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/6/2014, 1:24 pm

Here is the problem in a nutshell; it's obvious that to RIB unless you are in the choir room you don't get material focus and songs, even Rachel/Lea in S4 after awhile got sidelined because she was not part of the choir room dynamics.

Let's repeat that, even Rachel.

So are there going to be 5 or 6 Directors/assistants in that choir room? Of course not. Rachel is going to be in Lima/McKinley, that much I think is pretty clear. So she will get her SL arc of helping the choir succeed.

I've already read speculation that Kurt has no defined role in S6 but is floating around Lima/McKinley which would not surprise me if that is how they end up "writing" him for this last season.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/6/2014, 1:25 pm

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 11 Tumblr_n9w5orZBSt1r4ezfzo1_500

I'm guessing an ABBA song...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/6/2014, 1:39 pm

brisallie wrote:Wait, so gay kids are not bullied on Glee anymore?..umm nice, but what about Unique/Alex, or that scene in the bathroom I made it in my mind? Or depends on what category they are? For instance, this new gay kid is a 'football stud'.

glee-ers bully all the time by throwing "snarky" comments. you don't have to throw punches to be a bully. sue is the biggest bully. santana and pretty much all cheerio characters are. 

in my book, "bully" is anyone who attacks another with words or physical violence. 

the slushy thing is getting so old none of us want to see it anymore.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/6/2014, 2:03 pm

Buenos wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I wonder if trollphy is hoping that people warm up to the new characters, and they can do Glee the next generation (maybe not primetime on Fox, but perhaps on a cable network like Oxygen or something).  I mean, why else make them so young unless he is hoping they find another audience?  It could also keep Blam employed if they become the teachers.  

That's what I'm thinking also...RM delusionally thinks he can keep this mess afloat somehow.

To me it's  clear that even if they claim all these students are going to be "marginal" , RM won't resist the temptation to give them some songs and focus; and we all know that when push comes to shove which actors/ characters will lose out due to that.

Lea, Darren and now probably Chord will get their share, whereas as usual Chris, Kevin, Naya and the rest will get the shaft.

Oh well, it's only 13 episodes I need to tell myself.

I mean, there is a slight chance that it could find a new audience, and be on a smaller scale. If they can do it relatively low budget for say Oxygen or Nick or something like that, it could potentially stay afloat with a younger audience with the likes of Darren and Chord as the teachers. Of course, people like Chris, Matt, Jane, Lea, and Kevin will be no where near it (because they don't need it), but if they got young and cute actors that appeal to the younger kids (think tweens and young teens), it could regenerate itself on a smaller scale.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/6/2014, 2:27 pm

jellyrolls wrote:I mean, there is a slight chance that it could find a new audience, and be on a smaller scale. If they can do it relatively low budget for say Oxygen or Nick or something like that, it could potentially stay afloat with a younger audience with the likes of Darren and Chord as the teachers. Of course, people like Chris, Matt, Jane, Lea, and Kevin will be no where near it (because they don't need it), but if they got young and cute actors that appeal to the younger kids (think tweens and young teens), it could regenerate itself on a smaller scale.

I see your point, a Nickleodeon or Disney Family type of show...These new 3.0 Noobs I'm guessing have already been cast and for all we know they are recording songs already in the studio with Anders.  

My expectations are pretty low, so if we get a couple of good Chris/Kurt songs out of these 13 episodes I'll take that (though of course I wanted more).

Somehow the finality that the 13 episodes are completely done by the time Glee airs mitigates things for me somewhat.  There are no reboots, tweaking, adjustments left so there isn't much anyone can do.
The fact that Chris will jump immediately from Glee to go across the pond to make "Noel" for several months also makes Glee itself seem even more irrelevant.

Kevin hasn't even started his new movie yet so it's clear to me he's not going to be much involved in the first few episodes, though it certainly looks like Kevin is already on a nice path for his post Glee career.

As to Naya, like Chris, I hope she gets a couple of good songs by the time of her sendoff.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/6/2014, 3:05 pm

The more I think about it, the more enraged I become. Why couldn't they just end it with their minimal cast they had in the very last episodes in S5. No matter how Blainchel-Sam fest it might have been. Place it even in LA and give few of the old cast meaningful guest spots to close their characters storylines. No...they have to be Ingenious! and be inspired again by their own huge brain ideas.  dryy 

No matter how much people have hated Glee, this is yet again a sign they don't give a flying fuck what the fandom that built them a show to begin with are wanting. It's just absurd.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/6/2014, 3:25 pm

This season is all about Ryan Murphy's ego and him trying to prove a point. He wants the show to begin and end in the same place and he will do whatever it takes to make that happen. It means utterly destroying his lead character and her ambition to stick her in the choir room, then so be it. It's a real knack to have every single fandom subset absolutely livid over these spoilers. No one is happy here.

In this end, this means absolutely nothing. Glee's legacy is so tarnished now and its glory days so far in the past that no one is going to remember this show fondly. And while I was really upset that there was no hint of any spoilers for Kurt's storyline beyond the Klaine wedding that we know will be coming, in a way I'm now thinking that it's a blessing in disguise. Too much focus did nothing for Blaine's and Sam's characters and it utterly destroyed Rachel. Being ignored gives them a lot less room to ruin Kurt (and Mercedes and Santana and Artie). They might be the few to survive this season reasonably intact.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/6/2014, 3:56 pm

Ranwing wrote:This season is all about Ryan Murphy's ego and him trying to prove a point. He wants the show to begin and end in the same place and he will do whatever it takes to make that happen. It means utterly destroying his lead character and her ambition to stick her in the choir room, then so be it. It's a real knack to have every single fandom subset absolutely livid over these spoilers. No one is happy here.

In this end, this means absolutely nothing. Glee's legacy is so tarnished now and its glory days so far in the past that no one is going to remember this show fondly. And while I was really upset that there was no hint of any spoilers for Kurt's storyline beyond the Klaine wedding that we know will be coming, in a way I'm now thinking that it's a blessing in disguise. Too much focus did nothing for Blaine's and Sam's characters and it utterly destroyed Rachel. Being ignored gives them a lot less room to ruin Kurt (and Mercedes and Santana and Artie). They might be the few to survive this season reasonably intact.

Only Klainers will be happy because they don't care what happens to Kurt or to a lesser extent Blaine as long as they get married.

I'm still holding out hope that RIB will ax the wedding because it is so ridiculous because Blaine is so horrible, or with the time jump, they have them say that they got married, and are now divorced because Blaine cheated again.

I despise the thought of Chris having to act out a happy wedding day opposite Darren when Blaine is the primary reason why Kurt has so destroyed.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/6/2014, 4:21 pm

The Klainers and Blaine stans are upset because they feel that the new noobs are going to be a distraction from what they really want to see - lots of Blaine and the Klaine wedding. They're arguing that this late in the game, that new characters shouldn't take time away from the established cast.

Yeah... the level of hypocrisy there has my head spinning.  Shocked 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/6/2014, 4:26 pm

As for klaine wedding, there's some speculation there will be a five years time jump as Kurt won't return to Lima before graduating from college, so probably the wedding will be off screen. And some are even more daring with their theories, and say a reason why blaine probably is returning to Lima is because he had a feud with Kurt.

All what I know is that everything sound like a big mess.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/6/2014, 4:29 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Ranwing wrote:This season is all about Ryan Murphy's ego and him trying to prove a point. He wants the show to begin and end in the same place and he will do whatever it takes to make that happen. It means utterly destroying his lead character and her ambition to stick her in the choir room, then so be it. It's a real knack to have every single fandom subset absolutely livid over these spoilers. No one is happy here.

Only Klainers will be happy because they don't care what happens to Kurt or to a lesser extent Blaine as long as they get married.  

I'm still holding out hope that RIB will ax the wedding because it is so ridiculous because Blaine is so horrible, or with the time jump, they have them say that they got married, and are now divorced because Blaine cheated again.  

I despise the thought of Chris having to act out a happy wedding day opposite Darren when Blaine is the primary reason why Kurt has so destroyed.

Great post I totally agree. If Kurt and Blaine must be endgame,than I hope at the very least the is a big time jump and they are already married. Although, if it was up to me Blaine and Kurt are broken up. In my opinion they should have not have gotten back together in the 1st place since Blaine did nothing to prove at least in my opinion he could be trusted not to cheat again, If he had I would still be against a Klaine wedding, but not nearly as much as I am now.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/6/2014, 4:31 pm

Ranwing wrote: that new characters shouldn't take time away from the established cast.

Yeah... the level of hypocrisy there has my head spinning.  Shocked 

The irony is, if the overreaching arc of Season 6 Glee is performing arts in high school, these students should get focus, otherwise that theme has no narrative thrust. You can’t have nameless entities with no background stories, no journey of their own. It doesn’t work that way. It’s the creative call to harken back to high school choirs that dictates the need to flesh out these characters.

These characters need group songs and solos. Their abilities need to be highlighted, otherwise there is no tension or urgency as to why it matters if their particular voices are silenced with no more funding for the arts.

So three guesses as to what other characters will get neglected and sidelined as far as story lines in order to give focus to the new cast/students.

Once again, I do hope Chris/Kurt gets a few good numbers out of this last season.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/6/2014, 4:32 pm

brisallie wrote:As for klaine wedding, there's some speculation there will be a five years time jump as Kurt won't return to Lima before graduating from college, so probably the wedding will be off screen. And some are even more daring with their theories, and say a reason why blaine probably is returning to Lima is because he had a feud with Kurt.

All what I know is that everything sound like a big mess.

I agree   everything sounds like a big mess.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/6/2014, 4:44 pm

Male/female twins? Does anyone wonder if RIB lifted this idea from Chris and his Alex/Conner characters? I say this because when people think of twins, they think of girl/girl or boy/boy twins. Boy/girl twins are very under represented and very rare.  humhum 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/6/2014, 4:46 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Male/female twins? Does anyone wonder if RIB lifted this idea from Chris and his Alex/Conner characters? I say this because when people think of twins, they think of girl/girl or boy/boy twins. Boy/girl twins are very under represented and very rare.  humhum 

Or high school musical. Remember there was Ryan and Sharpay Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/6/2014, 4:48 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Male/female twins? Does anyone wonder if RIB lifted this idea from Chris and his Alex/Conner characters? I say this because when people think of twins, they think of girl/girl or boy/boy twins. Boy/girl twins are very under represented and very rare.  humhum 

Or high school musical. Remember there was Ryan and Sharpay Smile

Were they twins?! I never watched HSM so I had no idea. My mistake.  blushh 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/6/2014, 4:54 pm

Newbies, the 3.0 version. 2.0 was bad enough. How gross, bland and very tiresome. I can so see this shit becoming even more of a joke than it already is and continuing for ten years on Oxygen, like Karen said. With a new generation of kids every year. It will become a shell of the phenomenon it once was. Chris needs to stay far away from this crap ASAP.

Also, I hope Lea isn't locked into the Mr. Schue role forever, say if this crap does continue on some obscure channel. Lea and Rachel both deserve better than that.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next