Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

+26
Vir Cotto
kac
TimF
mindschemez
Delight
angelnessa
M&M
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
bayth
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Jellyrolls
sjonnepon
sheny
Glorfindel
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Ranwing
coxfire
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
30 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  brisallie 8/6/2014, 4:55 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Male/female twins? Does anyone wonder if RIB lifted this idea from Chris and his Alex/Conner characters? I say this because when people think of twins, they think of girl/girl or boy/boy twins. Boy/girl twins are very under represented and very rare.  humhum 

Or high school musical. Remember there was Ryan and Sharpay Smile

Were they twins?! I never watched HSM so I had no idea. My mistake.  blushh 

Is fine, we don't know from where Ryan got the inspiration, there might be several sources. And yes they were twins who sang together.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Ranwing 8/6/2014, 5:02 pm

Buenos wrote:
Ranwing wrote: that new characters shouldn't take time away from the established cast.

Yeah... the level of hypocrisy there has my head spinning.  Shocked 

The irony is, if the overreaching  arc of Season 6  Glee  is performing  arts in high school, these students should get focus, otherwise that theme has no narrative thrust.   You can’t have nameless entities with no background stories, no journey of their own.   It doesn’t work that way.  It’s the creative call  to harken back to high school choirs that dictates the need to flesh out these characters.

These characters need group songs and solos.   Their abilities need to be highlighted, otherwise there is no tension or urgency as to why it matters if their particular voices are silenced with no more funding for the arts.

So three guesses as to what other characters will get neglected and sidelined as far as story lines in order to give focus to the new cast/students.

Once again, I do hope Chris/Kurt gets a few good numbers out of this last season.

What is the point of trying to establish new characters at this stage. They've got a grand total of 9 hours and 45 minutes to wrap up a show that is going off the air. These new characters will be extinct at the end of the season because there will be no lifeline (regardless of how delusional RM might be) and there will be no spin off to continue the story. Glee will be over and time spent trying to get what little audience the show has left to give a crap about another group of noobs will be absolutely wasted.

What the audience does want to see is a proper wrap up and letting the characters that they have followed since season one given a proper and respectful send off. Not sticking Rachel in Lima because Finn is no longer there to play teacher. Not shove Kurt's story completely off screen in order. Not to have Artie, Mercedes and Santana treated as less than afterthoughts.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/6/2014, 5:03 pm

on the bright side, the newbie 3.0 maybe much more tolerable than blam. either way, i won't waste my time watching a stupid kiddie show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 8/6/2014, 5:09 pm

Critics' Choice Awards, SAG awards, Golden Globes, Emmy's and so on. How can a once great show become such a boring, repetitive, recycled, generic and annoying piece of shit? What a joke. So sad.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/6/2014, 5:22 pm

Saw this on tumblr, some are getting ready for season six
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 12 Tumblr_inline_n9wcdmu22p1s9a7nl
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/6/2014, 5:30 pm

i am totally ready for the end of season 6.  Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 8/7/2014, 3:37 am

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/7/2014, 3:45 am

Of course I will be watching, but I am beyond caring anymore.

I am just counting down the days when this once award winning show ends, then maybe Chris will reveal some of his other projects he is doing.

I will admit the new characters sound interesting.

The gay stud will probably have a crush on Blaine as any can see that coming a mile away, Ryan would never give up the opportunity.

The media would find it more believable if it was Kurt, but Ryan always likes it to be known Blaine is meant to be the better gay.  :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/7/2014, 3:59 am

sheny wrote:
The repopulation of McKinley High has begun!

Glee is set to introduce at least five new characters — all of them McKinley sophomores — in its sixth and final season, TVLine has learned exclusively. The recurring newbies include:

RODERICK | Chubby and shy with a voice like Otis Redding, his looks don’t match with his talent. Described as, “a true goober.” He’s the show’s new underdog.

SPENCER | He’s the new resident “football stud” who just so happens to possess an incredible voice. He’s also gay. But, per the casting notice, “he’s post-Glee gay — no one messes with him about his sexuality because he will kick their asses if they do.”

JANE | Righteous, ambitious and unconventionally pretty, she’s funny because she doesn’t have much of a sense of humor. She wanted to be a Warbler but tradition kept her from joining so she jumps ship to the New Directions.

MASON AND MADISON |  Male and female twin Cheerios. They’re super-positive and extremely weird. Mason gives off a gay vibe (spoiler alert: he’s not).

Back in June,  series co-creator Ryan Murphy told TVLine that the show will shift back to its original conceit in Season 6 — and these five roles appear to back that up.

“We’re working on the last season now, and it really feels like it’s getting back to its roots, which I love,” he shared. “I’m sort of reinvigorated about it. It’s getting back to what I was initially interested in with the show, which was arts in school. The last season is really about the importance of arts education in our high schools… I think people will like it.”

Murphy’s quotes — as well as fellow EP Brad Falchuk’s assertion to TVLine that “there will be a lot going on in Lima” in Season 6 — all but confirmed speculation that much of the action will once again take place at McKinley.

Glee is set to return to Fox’s schedule at midseason.

source

Hi, Sheny, good to see you back.  baibai

I just realised who posted this.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/7/2014, 9:48 am

So, does anyone other than Ryan think the plans for season six sound like a good idea? Well, maybe the actors who get cast as the kids and their families will like it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/7/2014, 11:08 am

i think it's an excellent idea. i don't want to be lured back to the show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/7/2014, 1:35 pm

fantastica wrote:i think it's an excellent idea. i don't want to be lured back to the show.

Just curious, as a fan of Chris Colfer you won't watch a show he's a regular on?

Not judging or anything , but personally as long as Chris/Kurt is on my screen I have to watch...LOL

I dunno, as bad as Season 5 was at times I thought it was better than Season 4. Chris sang the most I think of any season and he looked gorgeous and his acting was impeccable. He's my crack cocaine I admit.  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 8/7/2014, 1:59 pm

Buenos wrote:
fantastica wrote:i think it's an excellent idea. i don't want to be lured back to the show.

Just curious, as a fan of Chris Colfer you won't watch a show he's a regular on?

Not judging or anything , but personally as long as Chris/Kurt is on my screen I have to watch...LOL

I dunno, as bad as Season 5 was at times I thought it was better than Season 4.  Chris sang the most I think of any season and he looked gorgeous and his acting was impeccable.  He's my crack cocaine I admit.  coool 

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I haven't watched a full episode since I Am Unicorn, and I am a huge fan of Chris Colfer. Watching Glee was making me angry, frustrated, and sad more than it was making me laugh or smile, and it brought my own son to tears, so we stopped. I still watch Kurt edits on Tumblr, buy any song Kurt has a prominent part in, and throw as much money and support as I can towards Chris's outside projects, but I will not watch a full episode of Glee again  neutre .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/7/2014, 2:05 pm

I think a lot of Kurt fans just watch the Kurt edits now.

I'm committed to watching the show through because I'm doing it to support Chris, and because I do enjoy watching him act (though I will admit that I don't rewatch as much as I once did, especially the scenes with Darren because I just can't stomach Darren anymore--like, "You Make Me Feel So Young" is one of my favorite songs, but I can't watch it again because the scene leading up to it and the performance bugged me so much).

That being said, I don't know if I can stomach watching a Klaine wedding because I despise the idea of Kurt being married to such a horrible person as Blaine.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/7/2014, 2:26 pm

I  am a big Chris Colfer fan ,but do not plan on watching season six. I am afraid he will just be a prop to Rachel and or Blaine. For sure I won't watch a Klaine wedding. I  am praying that the wedding  has taken place off scene.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/7/2014, 3:39 pm

Thanks for answering my question!

Like I said before, it's going to be a moot point within 6 months with Glee, but it does look like Chris is going to be beyond busy for the next couple of years.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/7/2014, 4:53 pm

Buenos wrote:

Like I said before, it's going to be a moot point within 6 months with Glee, but it does look like Chris is going to be beyond busy for the next couple of years.

Yes, about 8 or 9 months from now, the final Glee episode should have aired, and we'll still have lots of wonderful things to look forward to from Chris!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/7/2014, 5:57 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Yes, about 8 or 9 months from now, the final Glee episode should have aired, and we'll still have lots of wonderful things to look forward to from Chris!  

Exactly. As a matter of fact, we'll likely start getting news about other projects as Glee closes production so the good stuff might start a lot sooner. And then we'll have all the wonderful BTS pictures and tweets from the Noel set. It's going to be an exciting year for Chris fans and Glee is going to be a distant memory before long.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/7/2014, 7:25 pm

Jeez, Ryan just can't resist introducing new characters, in his attempts to keep the choir room relevant and going, now can he?
What a mess.  Evil or Very Mad

I agree with what others have said before me: when there's only 13 episodes to wrap things up the focus needs to be on the old characters. But on the other hand: with the storyline of Daleastreet returning to Lima they need new kids in the choir room, and these kids will need some fleshing out to get some interest and sympathy, to give the choirs some heart (although I think Glee season 6 will already be dead on arrival).

These characters dont even sound that interesting to me, more like 3.0's and even another show's rip-offs:
- Roderick sounds like a male Mercedes/Unique 3.0 with Marley's shyness.
- The gay out and proud jock Spencer sounds like a remix 3.0 of Finn, Karofsky and Blaine. (and a wet dream of Ryan Murphy)
- Jane sounds like a young Sue. (gee, maybe therefore her name is Jane, like Jane Lynch?)
- And I also immediately thought about High School Musical's Sharpay and Ryan when I saw the description of Mason and Madison.
Blegh, what a dreck.   smajli 

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:"Post Glee Gay"... My ass.

Yes, as if kids being bullied because they're gay is a thing of the past. I guess the Trevor Foundation can shut its doors since it's not needed any more.  dryy 
Wow, the pompous, bragging assumption that the world changed into a gay loving non-bullying rainbow-filled Utopia because of 'groundbreaking' Glee.  :angry:

And the worst part is that for a season and a half or so Glee really did make a significant change for a while, but RIB wasted and ruined the show's reputation and goodwill themselves.

-ETA-
Edited to say that when you think of it this new gay jock who will have absolutely no problem with being gay at McKinley post Glee Gay, and especially also introducing him after Blaine's 3 season's long triumph-march at the same school that bullied Kurt for years for being who he is..... it's quite an insult to and stab in the back of Glee' first (and only real?) iconic gay character, the one who actually did make a difference. Jeez.  Mad 

Buenos wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I wonder if trollphy is hoping that people warm up to the new characters, and they can do Glee the next generation (maybe not primetime on Fox, but perhaps on a cable network like Oxygen or something).  I mean, why else make them so young unless he is hoping they find another audience?  It could also keep Blam employed if they become the teachers.  

That's what I'm thinking also...RM delusionally thinks he can keep this mess afloat somehow.

To me it's  clear that even if they claim all these students are going to be "marginal" , RM won't resist the temptation to give them some songs and focus; and we all know that when push comes to shove which actors/ characters will lose out due to that.

Lea, Darren and now probably Chord will get their share, whereas as usual Chris, Kevin, Naya and the rest will get the shaft.
If Ryan really is under the impression that new Noobs might make the difference and Glee can continu for a few years  on some small cable or internet network he's more delusional and suffering from grandeur than I thought.
But yes, I believe the Noobs will eat up screentime that should have been reserved for the old characters, and we all know that Daleastreet will still get their more than generous share regardless, so guess who's going to get the smallest part of the pie?  dryy 

Jellyrolls wrote:I mean, there is a slight chance that it could find a new audience, and be on a smaller scale.  If they can do it relatively low budget for say Oxygen or Nick or something like that, it could potentially stay afloat with a younger audience with the likes of Darren and Chord as the teachers.  Of course, people like Chris, Matt, Jane, Lea, and Kevin will be no where near it (because they don't need it), but if they got young and cute actors that appeal to the younger kids (think tweens and young teens), it could regenerate itself on a smaller scale.  
Let's just hope that Chris' contract (and the others mentioned too) will be over after season 6, so he can't be forced into doing a season 7, and he'll finally be really free from this mess.

And let's hope that if Ryan indeed wants Glee to continue after season 6 with Darren (and Chord) while Chris is free of his contract this means they could break up Klaine for good. (a girl can dream, right?)

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/7/2014, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/7/2014, 7:50 pm

angelnessa wrote:I know this wasn't directed at me, but I haven't watched a full episode since I Am Unicorn, and I am a huge fan of Chris Colfer. Watching Glee was making me angry, frustrated, and sad more than it was making me laugh or smile, and it brought my own son to tears, so we stopped. I still watch Kurt edits on Tumblr, buy any song Kurt has a prominent part in, and throw as much money and support as I can towards Chris's outside projects, but I will not watch a full episode of Glee again  neutre .

Jellyrolls wrote:I think a lot of Kurt fans just watch the Kurt edits now.  

I'm committed to watching the show through because I'm doing it to support Chris, and because I do enjoy watching him act (though I will admit that I don't rewatch as much as I once did, especially the scenes with Darren because I just can't stomach Darren anymore--like, "You Make Me Feel So Young" is one of my favorite songs, but I can't watch it again because the scene leading up to it and the performance bugged me so much).  

That being said, I don't know if I can stomach watching a Klaine wedding because I despise the idea of Kurt being married to such a horrible person as Blaine.
I've watched all seasons so far, the last 2 seasons only for Kurt and little bits of Artie and Mr. Shue (still have a weakness for Will, even when I know he's a horrible choir leader).

But the last 2 seasons have not been good for my mood and my 'sanity', because the show is so bad now. And for a while I seriously considered to stop watching and resort to Kurt edits and gifs. Venting here and on tumblr has helped deal with the almost always present anger and disgust after an episode aired, but I've also noticed that even now finding new 'lol Blaine' and 'lol Klaine' posts make me angry and anxious all over again, and with my present situation (dealing with a lot of stress and a burn-out) it's just not good for my health.
No show is worth getting your blood pressure to rise (literally).

I'll try watching season 6, but if there'll be a Klaine wedding (with a possible Bridezilla Kurt) or Klaine already being married with Blaine as 'the man' and Kurt being pushed to the background as a prop again, I'm out.

I admit I would like to see this trainwreck through till the end, just so I know what all the anger and fuss on tumblr will be about, and I would love to watch a somewhat decent ending/future for Kurt, but I don't think I can take much more.
Even though season 5 had more Kurt songs and even focus than season 4, the way Klaine (and also Hummelberry!) was portrayed and how it forced Kurt into being the accepting-and-understanding-against-better-judgement supportive and forgiving bf and bff all the time.....  Mad  The good of seeing Chris (Kurt songs) barely made up for the bad (abusive Klaine and Kurt propping up Rachel) anymore, if you know what I mean.

With all I'm reading about season 6 I find myself mostly 'praying' that no matter what happens (even that dreadful Klaine wedding) at least can we have no more destroying of Kurt's character?
That's literally all I'm still concerned about and hoping for when it comes to Glee: that Kurt will come out of this last season reasonably unscratched, even when he'll end up married to the grease baby. (because when Kurt's character is still mostly intact after season 6 I can easily imagine/headcanon him getting a divorce within a year or 2)

Last edited by Glorfindel on 8/8/2014, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/7/2014, 8:05 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Let's just hope that Chris' contract (and the others mentioned too) will be over after season 6, so he can't be forced into doing a season 7, and he'll finally be really free from this mess.

The good thing is that these contracts only last for the original TV show they were written for. Which is why the NY spinoff when it didn't come to fruition after Season 3 was dead in the water because it would have required Lea/Cory/Chris to sign new contracts for another 7 years to restart their FOX contracts. They might have been tempted after only 2 years but not after 3 or 4.

I've always been of two minds with Glee when it comes to Chris. OTOH, I didn't like how he was sidelined, on the other hand Chris was so young when he started the show that if Glee hadn't bungled things so badly and lasted 7-8 years Chris would have gotten financial security to continue on with his career with less constraints. On most successful shows of that nature, he would be been compensated anywhere from 150-250 K per episode by now. I now it's more than just the money, but a long term running TV show in your cap gives you more clout, it just does in HW. IT doesn't hurt at all.

As it was, things have turned out fine since he has the security of writing career which looks solid for the long term. That should give him the financial base to pick and choose projects post Glee.

Season 6 is only 13 episodes and I do expect Chris to get a few good songs. I'm sure the writers will give Kurt some career success, if even off screen, and I do appreciate that Chris had the opportunity to create such an iconic character as Kurt.

It's going to be hard for me to say goodbye to the character o Kurt, I love him so much. :( 

Even this last year I appreciate so much the good moments I got with Kurt. "The Happening" in particular with Adam and Demi I LOOOOVE...."Hold ON", "IBIATCL", the whacky XMAS episode PUC with hunky Santa, "American Boy" duet with Darren I really liked, "I'm still here", "You are not alone", "love is a battlefield" with gorgeous Kurt in full warrior mode and guns blazing, etc, etc.

I don't love so much of Glee but I still love the character of Kurt...coool ' l

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/7/2014, 11:25 pm

@Buenos, I got you so much when you said glee was like your crack,I think is the only explanation I've of why I keep watching this ...crap. So currently I'm glad there is a long hiatus as I'm not sure how strong is my willpower. But I think I'm in process of recovering as I've been considering to seriously stop watching Glee as everytime I read spoilers there are worse.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/7/2014, 11:53 pm

Brisallie, we need an intervention!  Razz Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 8/8/2014, 8:38 am

Buenos wrote:

Not if this show makes me want throw my laptop out the window. Or punch it. It is not just the treatment of Kurt towards Blaine, it is the general writing that sucks: horrible concept episodes like Puppet Master, absence of plot/plot amnesia, no pacing, and uninventive songs.

And also because I can't stand ANY character anymore. Rachel annoys me to no end, Sam is too dumb, I don't even talk about Blaine.

And even Kurt annoys me, because the writers make him stay with Blaine when he has one thousand millions reason to break up. And because they let him be Rachel's doormat. But compared to Santana and Artie, whom the writers have no idea where they want to go with, he has it good, I'll concede you that.

Chris/Kurt can have a million solos, if watching Glee means that I'll watch my favorite characters treated like afterthoughts in the middle of stupid/uninteresting/hair-pulling plots, I don't see the point. Being a fan of the actor doesn't mean I have to turn masochistic.

Now, I understand why others would still want to watchdon't get me wrong (Chris' acting after all), but Glee reached my personal limits.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/8/2014, 9:33 am

Buenos wrote:Brisallie, we need an intervention!   Razz Razz 

haha immediately!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next