Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

+27
mindschemez
Divalicious
kac
YaoiChick
Ireth
fantastica
opals
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
bayth
angelnessa
Porcelain
coxfire
brisallie
AnneNeville
valkeakuulas
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
Georgette888
Ranwing
ChrisColferFan1
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
sheny
31 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2014, 8:40 am

Even though it's Kurt's own choice to enter that alley: what happens to him is still a violent act, and so is the bashing he's trying to prevent. (And imo Kurt going into the fight willingly himself is only a thin veil of RIB to 'excuse' the bashing of the effeminate gay character.)
You can also count the earlier bashing of the guy the memorial is for.

Depicting Kurt as a hero does not change the fact that all of a sudden there are some serious criminal violent attacks on Glee characters, and all in New York. That certainly beats the dumpster throwing and pee balloons in Lima.
When New York was supposed to be this understanding, liberating place after homophobic and backward Lima, Ohio.

Doing mature storylines on Glee apparently means for Kurt going from slushies in the face to a brick.  Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22

Post  ColferInspired 3/14/2014, 8:52 am

Glorfindel wrote:Even though it's Kurt's own choice to enter that alley: what happens to him is still a violent act, and so is the bashing he's trying to prevent. (And imo Kurt going into the fight willingly himself is only a thin veil of RIB to 'excuse' the bashing of the effeminate gay character.)

Depicting Kurt as a hero does not change the fact that all of a sudden there are some serious criminal violent attacks on Glee characters, and all in New York. That certainly beats the dumpster throwing and pee balloons in Lima.
When New York was supposed to be this understanding, liberating place after homophobic and backward Lima, Ohio.

Doing mature storylines on Glee apparently means for Kurt going from slushies in the face to a brick.  Evil or Very Mad

But we know Chris is going act the hell out of it.

And they are going from one extreme to another.

But like Brad said Kurt is resilient.  dryy

And I admit I love angst, or my favourite character in danger, or in hospital fighting for their life, as happened to my favourite character in a cop show I used to watch when I was teen, when he was shot and his partner was hell bent on catching the one that did it.

This happened in several cop shows I watched back then to a lot of my favourite characters to.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2014, 8:57 am

^The key words being "cop shows" here, not a show about glee club.  dryy 

But I understand what you're saying, and I have to admit I'm also excited and looking forward to Chris acting the hell out of this.
Just. not. on. this. awful. show.  I don't trust RIB with this material at all.  Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/14/2014, 9:07 am

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Tumblr_n2f8gul4bk1rojy6eo2_r1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Tumblr_n2f8gul4bk1rojy6eo2_r1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Tumblr_n2f8gul4bk1rojy6eo3_r1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/14/2014, 9:19 am

Glorfindel wrote:^The key words being "cop shows" here, not a show about glee club.  dryy 

But I understand what you're saying, and I have to admit I'm also excited and looking forward to Chris acting the hell out of this.
Just. not. on. this. awful. show.  I don't trust RIB with this material at all.  Mad

I am wary, and really hope they do this story justice.

But I guess we have to go with the wait and see option.

How would Chris feel that a story like this is just another Shooting Star episode?

So far he hasn't been given absolute crap material to work with. It isn't top quality, but at least it isn't the offensive crap that was written for the McKinley side.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/14/2014, 9:32 am

Glorfindel wrote:^The key words being "cop shows" here, not a show about glee club.  dryy 

Nor do I. It's rare that when he tries to take on a more serious subject that it doesn't fall apart. The one thing that makes me at all confident about this episode is Chris's ability to carry the material and give it the gravity that it deserves without going into the kind of melodrama that we saw in Shooting Star.

The impression that I'm getting is that Artie isn't going to be hurt or really seriously threatened. He's an easy target and it would not be hard to literally take the laptop out of his hands because it's not as if he could chase the creep down. I think that they just want Artie to have his new confidence shaken a bit and have him feel more vulnerable than we're used to seeing. He's in a new city without his parents and sadly bad things happen sometimes. It will end with Artie more determined to make it and not allow events like this to stand in his way, so I guess that they mean for it to be empowering in the end.

Kurt's story is going to be more serious, I think. And more complex because we're dealing with multiple incidents. Sadly, while NY is a very gay friendly city with a very big (and polictically active) gay community, there have been a number of terrible incidents of assaults and hate crimes in the past few years. For me, the fact that Kurt isn't a passive victim here - that he goes into that alley to try and help someone and fights back means a great deal. Kurt isn't a trained fighter and he's not the biggest guy in the room. It was very brave (albeit reckless) for him to charge in, not knowing what he was facing. For Kurt, I think that this is aimed at (like Artie) first make him feel vulnerable and question his safety, but then finding empowerment. For the others, like losing Finn it's something about a loss of innocense. That they're in a world now where they're not going to be protected and safe at all times. An adult world that's a lot harder and crueler than they were prepared to deal with.

The writers sometimes surprise me. They did with Grilled Cheesus, when they weren't afraid to make some rather mature storyline choices, like having Kurt's atheism be born out of an intellectual realization and not something emotional (like losing his mother), while Sue's was more complex (wanting to believe but having her belief in God ruined by what happened to her sister). They allowed things to stay complex and with no easy answers. I think that's going to be the hallmark of the new storylines. Even in the past, not all of Glee's problems got wrapped up quickly, neatly or even satisfyingly because... hey, that's real life. I think that they can do it here and with some of the cast (Chris, Lea and Kevin) really show that it's not so easy to make that jump from the protected high school world to the adult one.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2014, 9:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:Even though it's Kurt's own choice to enter that alley: what happens to him is still a violent act, and so is the bashing he's trying to prevent. (And imo Kurt going into the fight willingly himself is only a thin veil of RIB to 'excuse' the bashing of the effeminate gay character.)

But don't you realize that it is all a setup so that in episode 5x18 Blam can run around NY in their superhero outfits capturing the muggers who stole Artie's laptop, and attacked Kurt? Blainey Boy has to be the one to save and protect the poor damsel in distress Kurt from the big bad brick wielding bullies.  fanny2 
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/14/2014, 10:00 am

My biggest worry about the Bash storyline is that it is a vehicle for everyone but Chris to have a chance to emote. We must get some of Kurt's headspace to determine why he went down the alley as opposed to calling the cops, but I wonder what happens after. I mentioned this before, but I think Blaine will sing You Found Me over images of Kurt going to the hospital (check out the video and you will see the possible similarities), since we know there was an ambulance on scene that filmed. I also think How to Save a Life will be Sam, Rachel, and Blaine and if Artie is there, him as well, in the waiting room. I picture them pacing the floor at intervals when they sing their parts. Joaquin said that Mike always makes him cry. That doesn't necessarily mean that Kurt is still unconscious in the scene, but I did find it suspicious he didn't mention Chris. I just want us to get Kurt's actual reactions as opposed to everyone singing at him and crying.

Sorry, I have put way too much thought into this.  blushh 

In addition, I also think they will continue the fast forward through the rest of the year until they are up to our current day (basically an entire school year), which means they will probably be able to have some of the noobs graduating and making their way to NY (probably Kitty and Unique and Marley? UGH!).  :angry: 
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2014, 10:24 am

RIB would really show how idiotic they are if they have the character portrayed by their strongest actor (because let's face it, with the cast of six, Chris is by far the top actor in the cast) in a coma for the bulk of the episode after the beating. (Though if he is, it will make me wonder if they are punishing him with the episode).

They would have to skip another entire year to get it to the point where they could bring the noobs to NY in season six since they are all sophomores this year (of course this is Glee, so they can screw any sense of time). I really hope they don't go that route because that would be just awful. I really don't want to see Unique in NY because Alex is the only one whose acting makes me cringe more than Darren (really, Alex has no business being on prime time TV he's such a horrible actor).

RIB just doesn't get that McKinley failed in part to the recycled characters and storylines, and also because of they had a group of actors that the audience never connected too. Bringing the noobs to NY would be a huge mistake.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/14/2014, 10:40 am

M&M wrote:In addition, I also think they will continue the fast forward through the rest of the year until they are up to our current day (basically an entire school year), which means they will probably be able to have some of the noobs graduating and making their way to NY (probably Kitty and Unique and Marley? UGH!).  :angry: 

I think most of the newbies if not all of them are sophomores now not juniors so even with the time jump they shouldn't graduate for at least one more year.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/14/2014, 10:57 am

sheny wrote:
M&M wrote:In addition, I also think they will continue the fast forward through the rest of the year until they are up to our current day (basically an entire school year), which means they will probably be able to have some of the noobs graduating and making their way to NY (probably Kitty and Unique and Marley? UGH!).  :angry: 

I think most of the newbies if not all of them are sophomores now not juniors so even with the time jump they shouldn't graduate for at least one more year.

I remember that what Kitty said "I'm sophomore". But as happened with blaine, writers can said the was some confusion and they actually were juniors :rolleyes:
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/14/2014, 11:26 am

I'm still trying to work out the whole timeline for Funny Girl because the time jump really makes it a total mess. Right now, we're starting to get openings for new shows for the Broadway season (in order for them to be considering for the Tony nominations). Going by the spoilers (and guessing as to when Rachel actually got cast), she has been in the production stage of this show for going on eight months. Now for a new show that is moving from workshops, that's not an outrageous timeline, but this is a revival of a well know show. It just doesn't take this long to open a show. Once the cast is hired and rehersals start, previews are often less than two months later.

Shows that open in the late fall/winter tend to be limited off-Broadway runs, or Christmas specials (like Elf or A Christmas Story, which we've had this past year). If Funny Girl opens at the traditional time (early spring) we're taking about more than a year in production, with rent being paid on a theater that has been sitting empty and a cast that has to be paid full salary because of Actors Equity rules. I realize that they needed to stretch things out somewhat because of the idiotic extended school year, but this has really gone on far too long. Either have Rachel make her big debut and get it over with already (because I'm rather tired of the whole thing) or find some way to end it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/14/2014, 12:26 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/14/2014, 12:29 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Tumblr_n2fmjvGh1r1qeyubto4_1280

source

The guy with the red cap looks like Will.  unsure

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/14/2014, 12:29 pm

Chris looks like he's freezing!  Smile Poor California boy!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/14/2014, 12:31 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/14/2014, 12:31 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Tumblr_n2fmi9LxUr1qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer on set [source]

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/14/2014, 12:32 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/14/2014, 12:34 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Tumblr_n2fmypxvZj1rke5cmo2_1280
x That's definitely Will  Smile 

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Tumblr_n2fmypxvZj1rke5cmo3_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/14/2014, 12:36 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Tumblr_n2fmw9eCFK1r8h8p3o3_500
Source

Kevin and Chord are there too

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/14/2014, 12:40 pm

I am choking on my laughter of Will being there and hanging with Kevin and Chord. LOL!!!
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/14/2014, 12:42 pm

I wonder if they are going to use Will as an extra because he's so close to the scene?

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/14/2014, 12:42 pm

he's practically a member of the colfer household now. why not?  Smile  i bet chris need will's warmth in this frigid weather. so sweet for him to come along.

what are cc shippers say now?  Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/14/2014, 12:46 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Tumblr_n2fnla0dYR1qe476yo1_500
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 22 - Page 23 Tumblr_n2fnafwfqf1qhyhrso1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/14/2014, 12:49 pm

Hey, maybe they're right .  Will is Chris "assistant".  He's on set even in NY!    coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next