Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

+27
TimF
coxfire
Piciollina
awesomenessthatischriscol
MoviesAreLife
YaoiChick
opals
mindschemez
AnneNeville
Georgette888
bayth
Porcelain
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
ChrisColfersLightning
Divalicious
Ireth
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
fantastica
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sheny
ColferInspired
brisallie
Buenos
31 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  ColferInspired 2/27/2014, 6:34 am

sjonnepon wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:So Russ is alive why there is the vigil.

Then later Russ dies after Kurt is beaten.

Their crap writing better not stuff this up.  dryy

I thought that Russ was allready dead by the time Kurt get attacked?

The victim runs off and isn't Russ.

The vigil is for this Russ that the Kurt, Rachel, Sam and Blaine are at.

Kurt goes to help this guy getting beaten up in the alley, the victim escapes, Kurt wrestles with one of the muggers and gets beaten.

Russ probably dies later on, and the scene with Kurt and Blaine is the memorial.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2014, 6:43 am

sjonnepon wrote:btw, i'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get Blaine Anderson singing Mariah Carey's Hero.
With "cough syrup" faces.
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 29 SHUT-UP-julie-andrews-32815811-450-338

Don't, just don't.........don't put it out there. You'll jinx it.  Suspect
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 2/27/2014, 6:55 am

Georgette888 wrote:The way that facebook post is phrased it sounds like a joke, not even strongly intentioned to be taken seriously with 'Its been leaked!!!' rather than any mention of source, like a scathing 'prediction' of what will happen in an ep called 'Bash'. Tbh, I would ignore that unless it comes from an actual obvious spoiler source. And, honestly, even RM would not be stupid enough to have a story where gay boy fabricates gay bashing. The gay community would have a field day. He may love sensation but even he isn't that idiotic.

I agree, I think it is bollocks. I might not like Blaine as a character, but I really don't see what it would bring to the story to retcon this.

I'm more curious about the capacity of Glee to follow through this SL. Not that I want it to be the center of all Kurt SL until the end of the season, but hope it's not gonna be dealt in one episode and then forgotten. Having being mugged myself, I know it sticks, and I wasn't even hurt like that (I'd say that the guy who tried to stole my phone's crotch still remembers what it is to mug a girl with shelled Doc Martens). I don't trust Glee to handle the follow-up of this appropriately.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/27/2014, 6:57 am

sjonnepon, I can't stop watching that LOL gif of Louis van Gaal in you signature.  ptdr ptdr ptdr 
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/27/2014, 6:59 am

as for that "spoiler", that would be complete and utter character assassination of Blaine. that would never happen.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/27/2014, 7:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:
sjonnepon wrote:btw, i'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get Blaine Anderson singing Mariah Carey's Hero.
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 29 SHUT-UP-julie-andrews-32815811-450-338

Razz I actually went to Spotify to listen to it...and yes it would be even more epic than Cough Syrup. May the Glee gods save us from that.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2014, 8:09 am

Glorfindel wrote:

You're wrong. Blaine won't sing it to Kurt. Kurt will sing it to Blaine (with everyone who has ever been on the show singing backup and tossing rose petals at Blaine). And then the Pope, President Obama, Jesus Christ (who will finally be on earth for his second coming), Walt Disney (who will be unfrozen just for the occasion), Ghandi, and George Clooney will join in as well.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2014, 8:17 am

Jellyrolls wrote:You're wrong. Blaine won't sing it to Kurt.  Kurt will sing it to Blaine (with everyone who has ever been on the show singing backup and tossing rose petals at Blaine).  And then the Pope, President Obama, Jesus Christ (who will finally be on earth for his second coming), Walt Disney (who will be unfrozen just for the occasion), Ghandi, and George Clooney will join in as well.
At least it will give Kurt a solo..........right?    unsure 

And then the Blarrenstans will still be pissed because Darren did not get to sing with guest stars the Pope, Obama and Ghandi, and because Jesus Christ stole Blaine's storyline as the Second Coming. Plus they'll whine that Walt Disney never had a prince called Blarren in one of his movies, and that Blaine didn't get to make out with George Clooney.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/27/2014, 8:23 am

barrygustins:
During rehearsal a stunt double was used, however in this video it’s Chris. A truck with two guys enters the alley where the victim is, they get out and start beating him up. One of the guy calls him “faggot” at the same time Kurt is passing by when he notices. He runs inside, yells “Hey!” and tries to push one of the guys off. He yells something else, but then they start to hit & kick him. The victim runs away while one of the attackers hits Kurt in the head with something. The two get into their truck and drive away leaving Kurt on the ground.

So, the word wasn't aimed at Kurt.

But both are attacking him, this is going to be hard even for me to watch.  crycry 

I think I might need a box of tissues next to me after I download this episode and watch it.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2014, 8:48 am

By the time the episode airs, we're all probably going to be desensitized to it because we've seen so many images. Glee sure has a way of letting things slip out when it make be shocking to the fandom.

As hard as it is going to be for us to watch it, it had to be more difficult for Chris to film it. Can you imagine his family watching it?

One thing I will say is that I'm really glad that Chris is finally getting something to challenge him and really give him the chance to let his acting chops shine on the show again. It's been a long time since he got something this meaty to work on.

Just remember, we could have gotten stuck with an elaborate Klaine puppy dog and hearts storyline with Blaine being wonderful and Kurt looking at him like he's the most wonderful thing in the universe.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2014, 8:52 am

The fact that Kurt isn't the targeted victim and only gets hurt when he courageously tries to help is not soothing to me at all.
I know it's supposed to be, and I admit it helps a bit (it sure would have been a lot worse if Kurt had been the prime subject for a gay bashing) but the writers still deliberately are hurting Kurt, again.

I get the feeling they only invented this elaborate storyline (with another gay bashing before this one, and this one having another first victim) to dodge getting called out for directly writing Kurt as the victim of a gay bashing. And for Ryan it even means he'd be a liar, as he clearly stated that Kurt would never be the victim of a gay bashing.

In this gay-bashing Kurt is not the prime target, he is so-called collateral damage, a hero, but he'll still be the one knocked out and bleeding on the concrete. 
And since the story will probably revolve around him, to me it means that for the writers he is the prime target, even though they are too chicken to admit it or really commit to it.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/27/2014, 9:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/27/2014, 8:56 am

Jellyrolls wrote:By the time the episode airs, we're all probably going to be desensitized to it because we've seen so many images.  Glee sure has a way of letting things slip out when it make be shocking to the fandom.

As hard as it is going to be for us to watch it, it had to be more difficult for Chris to film it.  Can you imagine his family watching it?
^This.
If anyone knows what this storyline represents it's Chris with all the letters he gets. And if those images are disturbing to us I can't think how his mom must feel seeing them.

I also think Glee leaked this filming on purpose, but not so much to prepare the fandom but to create (media and fandom) buzz, whether it's positive or negative. Just like they did with the break-up, the Klaine kiss and the proposal.

One thing I will say is that I'm really glad that Chris is finally getting something to challenge him and really give him the chance to let his acting chops shine on the show again.  It's been a long time since he got something this meaty to work on.  

Just remember, we could have gotten stuck with an elaborate Klaine puppy dog and hearts storyline with Blaine being wonderful and Kurt looking at him like he's the most wonderful thing in the universe.
Yeah, ^this too.

Silver lining?  unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2014, 11:06 am

Marie, I find it easier to deal with the bad things that happen with Kurt when I focus on what happens after instead of the bad incident. Almost every time something bad happens to Kurt, he comes out of it a stronger character with more depth, and he learns something from it. His strength in adversity, and his ability to overcome just about any obstacle is what makes Kurt the best character on Glee. Even more than Rachel, I think Kurt is the one who is central to this show because he is really at the heart and involved in most stories (at least the most important and memorable ones).

I'm trying to focus not on the fact that Kurt gets badly beaten, but on what Kurt is going to do as a result. A weaker character would probably live in fear, and may even resort to drugs or alcohol to cope, but that's not Kurt Hummel. He'll probably be scared at first, but that will quickly turn to anger, and then to strength when he is going to be there as a pillar of strength and support for his friends. And he's going to use the experience to make a difference in the world because that who Kurt Hummel is. That is the kid that Burt Hummel raised.

Honestly, the only bad thing that happened to Kurt that I can't find anything positive from is the break up because that had him crushed and pining for Blaine to the point where it shattered his self esteem so badly that he couldn't really move on. It really made this strong confident young man turn into someone co-dependent on someone who really isn't good for him. Even in stuff like the class president and the west side story stories, you saw strength in Kurt and his convictions, and you saw that he grew from those experiences. But with the break up, he regressed.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 1:35 pm

It's hard to gauge how things will work out in this SL, but one caveat: just because Kurt is involved in a violent incident doesn't necessarily make him the focus of the acting.  For all we know the incident will be the excuse , for say, Rachel and Blaine to sing tearful angst ridden ballads about their feelings and concerns toward Kurt.  I wouldn't put it past the show for them to sing a ballad together about Kurt. coool    Or Amber since she is also used as a human juke box.

A switch and bait the way in the cheating SL Kurt was the person cheated on and yet most of the screentime and songs were focused on how Blaine felt.  Kurt never even got to express his feelings in song.  So while, yes, Chris is more than up to the task of handling a major heavy dark SL like this, it remains to be seen if this is going to result in an acting/ singing showcase for his character.

If he isn't showcased but simply used as an image of suffering or pain I'd rather the show had not gone there.

So I'm taking a wait and see attitude before I assume this is finally a SL to let Chris exercise his exceptional acting chops.  It could be, but it would have to be the writers doing something they haven't done in nearly 3 years; make Kurt the front and center focus of the main SL of an episode.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/27/2014, 2:05 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 29 Tumblr_n1nwqyW21r1rvecl6o1_500

mrsantonyelchin:

I dont know if anyone’s seen this. But it looks like the songs for Bash have been spoiled.

• Satellite Call - Sara Bareilles
• How To Save A Life - The Fray
• No One Is Alone - Into The Woods (which everyone knew about)
• You Found Me - The Fray

There are 2 others….but its hard to read.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 2:32 pm

mrsantonyelchin:

I dont know if anyone’s seen this. But it looks like the songs for Bash have been spoiled.

• Satellite Call - Sara Bareilles
• How To Save A Life - The Fray
• No One Is Alone - Into The Woods (which everyone knew about)
• You Found Me - The Fray

There are 2 others….but its hard to read.

Yikes, that is one deep and "heavy" song list. Not one "happy" song among them... phr34r 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/27/2014, 2:58 pm

^ one of which has to be a blaine solo. i mean it must be written in his contract.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/27/2014, 3:07 pm

I'm so disgusted with some parts of the Glee fandom. Kurt gets beaten up very bad and all some people care about is if the criminals steal his ring or who is gonna sing which song. Comments like "Blaine must sing How to Save a Life. It's perfect for him" or "Yay, another Sarah Bareilles song. I'll only accept it if Rachel, Santana or Blaine sing it" make me sick.
Kurt can die and the only thing they're gonna care about is who sings a solo at his funeral or if he still wears the f*king ring.

Last edited by sheny on 2/27/2014, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 3:12 pm

sheny wrote:I'm so disgusted with some parts of the Glee fandom. Kurt gets beaten up very bad and all some people care about is if the criminals will steal his ring or who is gonna sing which song. Comments like "Blaine must sing How to Save a Life. It's perfect for him" or "Yay, another Sarah Bareilles song. I'll only accept it if Rachel, Santana or Blaine sing it" make me sick.

That's part of why I'm hesitant in assuming that  this SL is actually  about Kurt, even though he's the one injured.  It's too tempting to create SL's for characters who need them badly, such as Blaine to angst over Kurt's dilemma.   I don't mind that the other characters react to what happens to Kurt, they should, but it can easily just become a showcase for the others acting/singing.   Let's face facts,  Rachel is going to get a song,  and so is probably Blaine.  I accept that grudgingly.   The Question is will Kurt get a solo or number he can nail since he is supposedly the heart of the drama?  For all we know Rachel, Blaine, Mercedes and Sam will all sing about Kurt with their pretty tears.

I hope that Kurt will not  fulfill the role that Burt did in "Grilled Cheezus."  coool

Last edited by Buenos on 2/27/2014, 3:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/27/2014, 3:13 pm

@sheny, I've already realized that some part of this fandom can be really selfish. I don't remember I've said this before, but for me gleeks are not the family they say they're.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/27/2014, 3:24 pm

Buenos wrote:
That's part of why I'm hesitant in assuming that  this SL is actually  about Kurt, even though he's the one injured.  It's too tempting to create SL's for characters who need them badly, such as Blaine to angst over Kurt's dilemma.   I don't mind that the other characters react to what happens to Kurt, they should, but it can easily just become a showcase for the others acting/singing.   Let's face facts,  Rachel is going to get a song,  and so is probably Blaine.  I accept that grudgingly.   The Question is will Kurt get a solo or number he can nail since he is supposedly the heart of the drama?  For all we know Rachel, Blaine, Mercedes and Sam will all sing about Kurt with their pretty tears.

I hope that Kurt will not  fulfill the role that Burt did in "Grilled Cheezus."  coool

They are all Kurt's friends and love him so of course they are going to have a big part in the episode and sing a few songs. But some people are making everything about Blaine or about Rachel, and the pain they will feel for almost losing a fiance/BFF. What kind of person says ”if they take the ring i swear to god” when Kurt is lying beaten and alone in a dark alley? Is that ring more important that a human life?

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/27/2014, 3:33 pm

sheny wrote:
Buenos wrote:

They are all Kurt's friends and love him so of course they are going to have a big part in the episode ans sing a few songs. But some people are making everything about Blaine or about Rachel, and the pain they will feel for almost losing a fiance/BFF.  
What kind of person says ”if they take the ring i swear to god”?

Good points. Someone who does not care about Kurt in my opinion says, something like, If They take the ring I swear to God. I don't ship Klaine ,but if I did I would be far far more concern about Kurt than a engagement ring which can be replace. Kurt's life if he was killed can not be replace.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2014, 3:36 pm

The thing is that Kurt has to take the heavy drama in episodes like this because Chris is the most capable at handling that kind of acting. He does the heavy acting and the others take the songs because they just aren't strong enough to handle more than a couple of lines of heavy drama (even Lea can be hit or miss with the heavy stuff).

I honestly think this is going to be a pivotal episode for Darren as an actor (not for Blaine, but for Darren). I think how he acts in this episode is really going to show just how well he meshes into the NY cast. Obviously, Blaine needs to be a big part of this story, being that he is involved with Kurt (I couldn't say the f word), and also the fact he is gay and has that bashing history. Let's face it, he hasn't really had to play directly opposite Chris in very many heavy scenes, especially in the past year and a half, and he is either going to have to bring his game way up, or he will look like an amateur opposite what I'm sure will be some stellar dramatic acting from Chris.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/27/2014, 4:19 pm

I"m curious how does Kurt react to being attacked in his nirvana, New York city? Yes, he's a pragmatic young man but he's still idealistic enough that he probably thought it couldn't happen to him this way once he was out of Lima, Ohio. Shirtless Santa stole from them but that was played for comedy.

Will Kurt get defensive, moody,will he lash out in anger?

Personally I hope after the fact they have Kurt get fucking angry at the world, the boy has every reason to lash out. For once, I do NOT want him to be the voice of reason. I want Kurt to be very very pissed off at things.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/27/2014, 4:37 pm

I'd love to see Kurt be angry, but use that anger to do something positive.  I'd love to see him stand up in front of a crowd, rally up the troops, and sing something like Make them Hear You from Ragtime (lyrics aren't perfect for the situation, but it's a good battle cry):

Go out and tell our story.
Let it echo far and wide.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

How justice was our battle
And how justice was denied.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

And say to those who blame us
For the way we chose to fight
That sometimes there are battles
That are more than black or white...
And I could not put down my sword
When justice was my right.
Make them hear you.
Go out and tell our story
To your daughters and your sons.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

And tell them, in our struggle,
We were no the only ones.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.
Your sword can be a sermon
Or the power of the pen.
Teach every child to raise his voice
And then, my brothers, then
Will justice be demanded
By ten million righteous men.
Make them hear you.
When they hear you,
I'll be near you
Again.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next